Wednesday, May 14, 2014

baby prep step


BABY PREP STEP

Before we start, a heads up.  Black Cat Dude is posting again:


*

Today, as ever since posting became free and every swinging dingus out there pastes two hundred ads on a web page and thinks they can be the next Rawles, yet again yet another newbie advice on prepping that yet again makes my ass itch to the point you just know I’ll have to start digging in with my nails and cause bleeding.  So, thanks for making my ass bleed, people.  You know what I’m talking about.  Build a bug-out bag, store up a weeks-worth of food ( and then, ANOTHER!!!! ) and start learning all kinds of new skills like canning and karate and using your Command Voice to arrest bandits in their tracks!!!!!  I am now a Ninja Master Of The Universe, hear me roar!!!!!  As you might have gathered from all the explanation points, a habit I obviously picked up from the Mogambo Guru ( who is still posting, if not at the same length as originally because obviously you can only berate the central bankers and implore the masses to stockpile gold and silver in a high pitched shrill voice for so long before a little bit of the fight leaves you, a withered disappointed shell of a man ), I’m seriously underwhelmed by this kind of crap.  Where are you going to bug out to?  For how long?  Are you returning back to your suburban home?  Will it still be standing or merely be a smoldering heap of charred pressed sawdust and moldy sheetrock?  And why are you only stockpiling a week’s food at a time?  Does your budget only allow so much caviar and truffles to be stockpiled?  A week’s worth of flour is $2!!!!  As just covered, you should be buying in six month increments.  And learning canning?  Why?  To can your friggin asparagus?  For the cost of a canner and a few boxes of jars, you can buy over a year’s supply of wheat kernels.  Yes, canning meat is great.  I doubt the beginner prepper has to worry about that just yet.  Canning can wait, it is not a priority unless you are having a weekly militia meeting and need to impress your friends how easily you will become king of the post-apocalypse universe with three magazines worth of ammo for your carbine and a case of pickled beets.  And all these skills you are learning- are half of them really relevant to your life in the suburb?  Or is it just a fantasy fodder along with your subscription to BackwoodsHome magazine?  You don’t plan on actually doing anything real like fleeing your urban hell because you can’t abide the thought of paying off the fishwife when she takes the kids.  Good crapping God, learn to think these things through a smidge before you parrot trite advice others are selling as knowledge or wisdom.

END

Please support Bison by buying through the Amazon ad graphics at the top of the page. You can purchase anything, not just the linked item. Enter Amazon through my item link and then go to whatever other item you desire. As long as you don’t leave Amazon until after the order is placed, I get credit for your purchase.  For those that can’t get the ads because they are blocked by your software, just PayPal me occasionally or buy me something from my Amazon Wish List once a year.

*

All My Contact Info, Books For Sale, Links:


 

13 comments:

  1. Good advice Lord Bison. You lost me with "Fish wife". I sent you an e-mail about a week ago, don't know if you got it or ignored it?
    Love the hair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty sure I never got it ( about 90%-the other ten percent is just to account for an increasingly bad memory ). Did you use the new email, @reagan.com? Or, I just didn't recognize and thought it junk. Please try again, and I'm sorry about that.

      Delete
    2. Nope used the old one will do

      Delete
  2. I canned friggin asparagus this year. Haven't canned any pickled beets yet, and my Ninja Master Of The Universe skills are at an all time low.
    You are funny,
    Dennis

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try to get you'all entertained so you don't go running over to other unnamed sites and buy an AR.

      Delete
  3. Glad to see Blackcat Dude back.

    Nice rant, Jim. Though you never explained "fishwife"...

    Gil

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most of us have a fishwife. The definition is one, fish selling bitch. And two, "a course, scolding woman"

      Delete
  4. I have a question, Doesn't white flour go rancid over the course of .. like two years?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd trust it for WAY over two years. I don't believe it does go rancid as there are no oils left in it after processing.

      Delete
    2. Am I thinking about if someone were to grind wheat berries now and store that (as to be able to have it on hand instead of trying to find the time in the midst of a mess) would the fresh whole wheat flour have oils that make it go rancid. Or am I overthinking and brown rice and peanut butter the only one long term foods that go bad?

      Delete
    3. Whole wheat flour goes bad, as does brown rice, because of the oils. White flour has no oil. Peanut butter is like lard, since the oils have been hydrogenated. Eventually it goes, but the process has been artificially extended.

      Delete
  5. Probably my favorite article in the new blog. Absolutely brilliant, Lord Bison. You definitely 'got your gadfly on' for this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks- I must have been in A Mood that morning.

      Delete

COMMENTS HAVE BEEN CLOSED