Tuesday, May 28, 2019

what not to do in 2020 collapse 2


WHAT NOT TO DO IN 2020 COLLAPSE 2
First things first, you probably don’t want to live in the city.  But I get it.  I honestly do.  When I moved to Florida to be near my kids ( with the secondary motivation of avoiding cold winters when Y2K hit ), there was no way I WASN’T going to be living in the city.  The tropics have nasty crap in them like poisonous bugs and huge snakes.  I enjoyed the tress and all, but I wasn’t getting out of sight of concrete.  And coming soon-malaria!  How groovy.  Seriously, budgetary constraints and mosquito spraying-do the math.
*
Right now, I choose to live in town.  If I wasn’t, I could live far enough away to be safe ( the hermitage location, not the old B-POD location which was merely safer, but not completely safe ).  But I can’t deny I choose to stay in town even knowing it is stupid.  Not completely retarded, as I’m playing the odds the place severely depopulates prior to true collapse, but I understand the appeal of living in town.  There are always good, valid reasons.  Just have a back-up plan, because you are going to need it.  Soon.
*
The next time you get a pink slip, here is what you don’t do.  You don’t stay there.  You take that as your final warning to get the freak out ( remember, I said this article was premised on your agreement with me on the severity of this economic collapse.  Obviously, if you think I’m full of crap none of this advice is very smart ).  The pink slip is your warning that this time, This Suckers Going Down.  You do NOT keeping paying your mortgage.  You do NOT look for another job.  You do NOT embrace BAU.
*
Business As Usual is your enemy.  That is how everyone is going to end up being stuck in the city without a house and without money to make the car payment ( and their car is their new apartment.  Beware the po-po fining you for that, as revenue enhancement ).  They spent it all because This Time Is No Different.  They thought it was just another recession rather than what we all know it most likely will be-The End My Beautiful Friend.  They took their bug out savings and used it to stay bugging in.
*
I’m going to make the assumption that almost all of you are living in the city for a good reason.  That is where your money is, and that is the only place it is.  If you could have, you’d already be further out in the country.  Or, this job pays so darn well, it would be retarded to not be there for it.  Okay.  I’m not judging.  Frugal living is not everyone’s cup of tea.  So, you being all talented and in high demand, if you DO lose your job I assume that is it.  There won’t be another.  It means there aren’t any more of those jobs to be had.
*
So you don’t waste your time trying to find one.  You don’t use up all your savings in a futile gesture, trying to hold on to a wife that hates you anyway or to assuage your fragile ego since bald and fat and out of shape, the job is all you have going for you.  Time to face reality.  This portion of your life is toast.  It is going to suck giving up the Yuppie Scum lifestyle.  But you will emerge on the other side much better off.  And you can laugh at the idiots who didn’t follow your lead.
*
So, immediately, even if it is the next day, don’t make your next mortgage payment.  Don’t make your next car payment.  If you are paying rent you have at least a week or two before an eviction notice.  Do not pay one single bill.  Nuke your credit score, as you won’t be renting again.  Obviously, you can’t just walk away from some bills.  You’ll have to file bankruptcy.  But you take my meaning.  Stay legal, but get the hell away from all the money suckers.  If you don’t have an apocalypse worthy spouse, dump them.
*
If you REALLY Honest Injun think that this next economic downturn is going to be worse than 2008, you have no choice.  In our Just In Time Inventory world, the tiniest slightest most minute problems cascade and snowball.  Remember how quick local governments ran out of money last time?  Remember how quick taxes went up?  Remember how quick the unemployment ballooned?  It will be WORSE!  You have to be preemptive before you have competition.  And there will be competition.  If there are any jobs left, if there are any consumer goods customers left, they will be overrun.
*
So you need to sell all your crap.  That is what it is now.  It is crap that no one else wants.  Not at the prices you think you should get.  Usually you can’t even get a thrift store to come pick it up, and it will cost you to throw it away.  Find out what everyone else is selling an item for, then sell it for half price.  Moving to Nevada from Florida, I put a classified ad in for both of my 45’s, at below jobber price, including mags and ammo.  It literally wasn’t two or three hours and they were sold.
*
Sure, I could have gotten more.  But I knew what price would get people unable to resist.  Even if they couldn’t afford it, they were going to buy it.  And I was tired of trying to afford every mag or box of ammo for it anyway.  It was a Yuppie Scum tool.  I was moving and leaving behind my attempts at middle class.  This is exactly what you need to do also.  Time to reprioritize.  Middle class living isn’t even possible on $100k in some places, with rent and medical being what they are.
*
Should you keep trying to live that life?  Or is it time to stop being a schmuck?  A stooge?  A debt slave?  Now, this doesn’t have to be applicable to your situation.  You could have the resources to play their game until the very end.  You could already have junk land and a second income stream through mail order, but choose to stay in the city to stack more silver and cases of ammo.  Hey, if your whole life has been this kind of work, and you enjoy it, I don’t blame you for holding on.
*
Not everyone want to go sit on the porch all day listening to the crickets.  This advice is more for those poor lost souls who are part of the half of the population that is one paycheck away from insolvency.  And that isn’t a shameful thing.  You could have been left out high and dry after a divorce, just lost everything to identity theft, went a little too long between jobs and are just now starting to save again, whatever.  Everyone is fighting the Beast.  It is hard to escape its greedy and sucking maw.  Everyone is getting hosed.
*
Okay, enough for today.  Continued tomorrow. 
( .Y. )
( today's related Amazon link click here )
*
Please support Bison by buying through the Amazon links here ( or from http://bisonprepper.com/2.html or www.bisonbulk.blogspot.com ). Or PayPal www.paypal.me/jimd303 

*** Unless you are in extreme poverty, spend a buck a month here, by the above donation methods ( I get 4% of the Amazon sale, so you need to buy $25 worth for me to get my $1 ) or mail me some cash/check/money order or buy a book ( web site for free books, Amazon to pay just as a donation vehicle ).
*** My e-mail is: jimd303@reagan.com  My address is: James M Dakin, 181 W Bullion Rd #12, Elko NV 89801-4184 ***E-Mail me if you want your name added to the weekly e-newsletter subscriber list.
*** Pay your author-no one works for free.  I’m nice enough to publish for barely above Mere Book Money, so do your part.*** junk land under a grand *  Lord Bison* my bio & biblio*   my web site is www.bisonprepper.com *** Wal-Mart wheat***Amazon Author Page
* By the by, all my writing is copyrighted. For the obtuse out there

22 comments:

  1. Jim, unless you have attachable assets (and your article is written with the assumption that all of that is or will be shortly behind you) then formally declaring bankruptcy is a waste of time and money. You will shortly be litigation proof so why give a lawyer $2K or more when all you need to do is ignore/screen your phone and mail? Move and get a burner phone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't think you could just walk away from the unsecured credit card loans. I don't want to give advice getting someone in jail.

      Delete
    2. I walked away from about 6500 in Chase cc debt with me calling to tell them to not waste their time trying to collect, since I was a turnip. No paycheck, no attachable assets, bank account with 2 digits, no autopayments for anything. No blood or money ever went to Chase after that, and they have since sold the debt, and I've called them to let them know that the debt is worthless. At some point, I may offer them 1000 if I have it to spare, knowing that they paid one percent of the face value. 15x is pretty huge for a speculation on their part.

      Pdxr13

      Delete
    3. Who the hell would but THAT debt? Well, a tale of hope for others.

      Delete
  2. Darn, descriptive series of articles of guys like me. I am "stationed" in urbania due to my formerly blurred vision of normalcy bias and personal investments in the former 'Merican dream scenario. I can at least attest that I was prepping in place (using metropolitan financial gains advantages to build up resources) and gaining valuable intel and knowledge along the way. The consolation is that at least if I jump early (yep, really need to get going) I can roll like a better class of migrant, and have better options ability, than a late arrival ragged refugee whom will be turned away from the rural community road guards. Without having a minimal resource support platform, or a community stakeholder position, the door will be closed due to the collapse and contraction. The former free multi jurisdiction mobility options available now will not exist under the extreme pressures coming. Thanxs Jim for regular clue stick beatings to the skull.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If there is any beating going on I'm happy to hurt with love :)

      Delete
  3. re:
    Identify thieves

    They happened to me multiple times.
    I was 'detained' multiple times while Law Enforcement Officials verify everything I say.

    Formerly, I had a mantra for Law Enforcement Officials:
    "Check my fingerprints."
    Why? I hoped working on-and-off with the Defense Department for four decades established some viable history.
    Then, everybody discovered The Official Records are corrupted. Did you know I, Irish and 5'10" and 155#, resemble a 5' 300# black African?

    And I simultaneously resemble a bank robber a third my age? The kid is 22, I'm 67.

    Bad checks, insurance scams, mortgage scams. One day, my identity re-financed a condo in Ohio plus purchased a Florida boat... both events across the continent from me putting around the farm.

    My favorite used to be 'assault with a vehicle' in New Mexico in 2017. One problem == the last time I was in NM was 1995 flying into Cannon air base, and I don't recall running over anybody with my Herc.

    April 2019, I met with a Law Enforcement Official acquaintance at the county cop-shop in Eugene Oregon. He came into the lobby with a paper stack nearly too big to hold. Spreading The Official Records across a table, the nice sergeant dryly chuckled:
    "You sure change your appearance a lot..."

    Hilarious. That's all I can do. Laugh it off.

    The first time I realized my identity with stolen was 1976. Federal agents interrogated me about 'my' many purchases of Class 3 weapons and suppressors. Oops! It turned out the thief was a Sacramento County deputy sheriff; their crew stopped vehicles to acquire clean identities. He did four days (96 hours) in a federal penitentiary, then his good record was restored by a judge. He was immediately hired by the US Marshal Service, then medical retired with his federal pension to the Philippines.

    Are you sure we're on the right side?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm beginning to think there might be something to the conspiracy theory the Nazi's took over after Operation Paperclip, controlling the intelligence services and then taking federal power in 1963. It does explain a lot.

      Delete
    2. Marge and Jim. (all others) Take a look at "Anonymous Conservative" website. I caught it by a link from western rifle shooters web site. If followed along for a while, the author-writer gets down to brass tacks about the "Cabal" that is a parallel power structure above and over deep state, and all other entities of 'CONTROL'. It's power moves and insidious actions makes: cfr, bilderbergs, club of rome, trilaterals, illuminati, etc etc look like cub scout troops by comparison. Alex Jones to his credit, barely scratches the surface as an indicator of depth. I always had that inkling since a youngin' there was something dark out there friggin around with things way beyond just good versus evil forces. Way more so than a simple biblical description of right and wrong. The collapse will have many examples of justice served on snowy hilltops as depicted ala' WOLVERINES!. Because we live here. Stay frosty.

      Delete
    3. I have his book. I think from a minion. I'll have to start reading it-forgot all about it.

      Delete
    4. It could always be worse. I read that people were getting arrested for stealing cars... only they weren't stolen - the hire company employees weren't very good at paperwork. Where's the Ford Pinto? Dunno, must have been stolen.

      One bloke spent 2 weeks in gaol. Now that'd suck.

      Delete
    5. It can always get worse, although that one is getting a bit thin as an excuse the humpers keep using.

      Delete
  4. Hard core, bottom of the barrel advice. And almost no one will ever take it.

    The future reality you regularly describe here is a fantasy-nightmare world, as described by your favorite sci-fi author.

    Turn the computer sci-fi world off, grab a soda water and a bag of cheezy puffs and head to the couch and TV room for some more sci-fi.

    Maybe it's like cognitive dissonance, in reverse?, or something. Refusal to believe their own lying eyes.

    This why I have been estimating for some 8 years now that 100mil will die in the first 90 days, then a million a week til equilibrium occurs.

    It will be so horrible, so fast, that most people will be killed while dumbfounded. It'll be the greatest sci-fi story ever written.

    If you ain't out NOW, you'll be one of those 100mil, and you read it right here first.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are optimistic about the numbers dead. And the advice to get out of the cities is at least fifty years old. But point taken.

      Delete
  5. Okay, our topics rhyme this week . . . . !

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think a small town with a gravity fed water source way away from any other population centers will be better than the wilderness - lone wolf. A rural state for sure - Yuppies are Walking Dead just waiting to infect you. And rural states are a repellent for people who just want to live off the government - not enough resources to steal from you know ? But there is the meth lab drug element to contend with, a reason why the lone wolf is ripe for being targeted by them.

    If you can find a like minded group of individuals who have the same mindset, your odds to survive go way up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't disagree, but you cannot say for certainty that ALL group survival is good and all hermitages bad. It depends on circumstances. Your group could go Lord Of The Flies.

      Delete
    2. I’ve often had the same thoughts as 4:19 above. Find some remote area in fly over country (say western Kansas, Nebraska, The Dakota’s, etc). I’ve been informed that the people living in these areas are still normal. I’d like to believe it, but I’d probably have to witness it firsthand in order to believe it.

      I’ve also heard horror stories about the libs deeming certain areas “too white” (Maine was one such area) and busing loads of mino’s to these areas. Don’t know how true it is, but you could always hope that the people that they’re trying this with don’t fall for it, and end up all going to Commiefornia, or somewhere else that’s warmer instead. The colder climates keep most at bay, and that’s our one ace in the hole.

      Speaking of Lord Of The Flies, I saw both back to back more recently; the original 1960’s version, and the early 1990’s American remake. There was a line in the original that I know would not make the cut today:

      “Because we’re British, and we do everything better”

      (You can have pride in everything today, including being a turd burglar, but you can’t have “that kind of pride” :D ) All in all though, the remake stuck pretty close to the original, and had the added benefit of viewing the tropics in color.

      Delete
    3. I don't think I saw either movie. The book was rather good. No idea where my copy is.

      Delete
  7. Good advice, so darn few will take it. A gun engineer friend of mine was laid off when the Republicans came into office. I don't think he's even looked for a job since. His wife still takes the long drive from the country into town for her good paying job. He stays home, cutting firewood and working on a huge garden.

    I'm dancing around a huge hospital bill. Decided to avoid state "help" as they'd attach anything of value. Either the hospital will cut me a deal or it will go to collection. I'm fine either way. I don't answer the phone as it is. You only need a good credit rating to buy stuff you can't afford anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bravo, Sir. Don't give those vampire squid any more than you have to. They want you to suffer and be ill advised to profit an admin heavy industry, and the entire industry imploding won't happen soon enough.

      Delete

COMMENTS HAVE BEEN CLOSED