Friday, May 24, 2019

darwin hates retards 2


DARWIN HATES RETARDS 2
I kind of went off on a tangent yesterday as I started out talking about how retards will die, but then veered into territory trying to get you to stop acting retarded.  Just by taking the first step, you can usually convince yourself to commit to what was previously just a dream.  I’m pretty bad about over-analyzing everything.  I don’t apologize for that or try to stop it.  After all, that is now how I make a living, isn’t it?  But my mind never rests second guessing itself, and I sometimes JUST think about stuff instead of doing stuff.
*
What works for me is just to take the smallest action.  It doesn’t matter if it can be reversed.  Just starting it takes it from hypothetical to reality.  In my latest bout of never ending mental diarrhea,  I was thinking about getting a used Kindle off of E-Bay.  I have a huge stack of PDF books I want to read, but my normal e-reader is a Fire ( near half the price of a Kindle ) and normally it shrinks the text down to nearly unreadable.  I seem to recall the Kindles did a one size to all text on PDF’s. 
*
So, first I’m wondering if I need to gamble the money.  What if my memory is faulty?  Will the Kindle break as easily as all the others I had?  It isn’t as if I won’t be saving money- just by NOT buying a select few paper books, I easily pay off the Kindle reader (  I have the “Unintended Consequences” on PDF, which I may or may not read again, having already reread several times, but I also have some really promising David Irving books that the Thought Police refuse to reprint and go for $50+ each )( the posture sitting at and light glare from a regular computer preclude its excessive use ).
*
But, this is what I do before I buy ANYTHING.  I torture myself making sure I’m 100% sure I want to spend the money.  What, you think living on $3k a year is all Skittles, Unicorns and Rainbows?  Anyway, by transferring the money from my bank to PayPal, in order to buy from E-Bay ( I could add a credit/debit card number to my account but prefer to just use PayPal for transactions ), I am going from “arguing with myself” to actually “doing it”.  Even though I could transfer the money back, it is the psychological tripwire I need to separate action from planning.
*
Just to reiterate yesterday’s discussion.  But I really meant to start out discussing General Darwin and how almost nobody will defeat him.  Just by being preppers, a lot of us gain an unwarranted amount of confidence against dying.  Just by living in a western nation, most of us are blind to how much our good fortune protects us.  Then, on top of that, being a prepper, you REALLY lose track of reality.  Of how we are living in an artificial womb.  Just by being offended by my retard jokes shows you how sheltered you are.
*
Okay, I’m sure most of you laughed along with me, you sick bastards J.  But I’ll wager few of you extrapolate that.  If we coddle and subsidize retards, who else are we protecting from the gene pool cleaning?  How about old humpers?  I know most of you are old, so this is an uncomfortable topic.  But you know you are essentially useless outside an Oil Age economy.  You can’t even imagine what life is like without a car, can you?  I don’t mean to keep harping on Peak Oil and Happy Motoring, but you cannot dismiss such a central problem.
*
The economy IS energy.  It isn’t philosophy or White Heritage or capitalism. At root, if energy isn’t there, absa-posi-humping-tively NOTHING else can be accomplished.  Nothing.  To think otherwise is to believe you can eat air, channeling Karen Carpenter.  It is flying off of a roof while high on Angel Dust.  It doesn’t matter what your belief is if it violates natural laws.  Like biology or entropy or physics.  To trust your belief rather than those laws is to ACT retarded.  No matter how smart you really are.  “Timing” is also a belief system.
*
No matter what you believe insofar as WHEN, that is still believing in wishful thinking.  It is still acting retarded.  When our economy was created ( displacing ALL previous Coal Age infrastructure, ALL Agricultural Age infrastructure ), it was created on 100 to 1 EROI oil.  It wasn’t based on solar panels, hydro power or even nuclear power ( which was supposed to be the next Oil, and clearly never was ).  It most certainly was NOT based on ethanol which is a 3 to 1 EROI, nor on the laughable 5 to 1 Fracking Oil. 
*
Who doesn’t understand that we are already almost at ZERO, at 1 to 1 EROI?  We are using 33% of our liquid energy from overseas, and that supply is threatened by the death of the petrodollar.  That energy is probably at most, 12 to 1 EROI.  A tenth of our commuter fleet fuel is ethanol, taking HALF of the corn we grow.  And two thirds of our Happy Motoring Juice is 5 to 1 EROI.  Averaged at, at most, 8 to 1 EROI.  And that is WITHOUT imports ceasing.  Our biggest import oil is tar sands from Canada.  I’d call most of our fuel 5 to 1 EROI.
*
If we built an 100 to 1 EROI economy on 7 million barrels of oil a day, and are now only getting 5 to 1 EROI on three times that volume, is it not a bloody miracle our economy is still limping along?  Yet, most of you ACT as if that miracle of extra time will continue indefinitely.  Even if you know we are in trouble, are you ACTING as if that were so?  If you are one of those fat humpers, remember how you were supposed to exercise and all it took was to start walking a little bit?
*
Even if you don’t get rid of the car, have you even started biking or walking?  No one is asking you to risk your life getting run over by a car.  Just to START, to ACT, by baby steps, to begin as if the oil was actually running out.  Perhaps not by volume, but certainly by net energy.  We are almost there.  Even when you were a teenager focused on owning a car, the EROI was probably a good 30 to 1 EROI.  It is close to FIVE, now.  Start acting as if that is the reality. 
*
Ride your damn bike on the weekend, away from traffic.  Start small.  Work your way up to serious time and effort.  You don’t have to give up your car, just ACT as if you will outlive the paradigm it represents.  Start stockpiling parts, and learning mechanics.  Try giving up one car out of three, or whatever.  You don’t have to pedal to town thirty miles away.  Your old crippled ass might never do more than be a messenger for your neighborhood watch.  But you are DOING something, not just acting the Oil Age Retard. 
*
I’ll leave this alone now, but just for now.
( .Y. )
( today's related Amazon link click here )
*
Please support Bison by buying through the Amazon links here ( or from http://bisonprepper.com/2.html or www.bisonbulk.blogspot.com ). Or PayPal www.paypal.me/jimd303 

*** Unless you are in extreme poverty, spend a buck a month here, by the above donation methods ( I get 4% of the Amazon sale, so you need to buy $25 worth for me to get my $1 ) or mail me some cash/check/money order or buy a book ( web site for free books, Amazon to pay just as a donation vehicle ).
*** My e-mail is: jimd303@reagan.com  My address is: James M Dakin, 181 W Bullion Rd #12, Elko NV 89801-4184 ***E-Mail me if you want your name added to the weekly e-newsletter subscriber list.
*** Pay your author-no one works for free.  I’m nice enough to publish for barely above Mere Book Money, so do your part.*** junk land under a grand *  Lord Bison* my bio & biblio*   my web site is www.bisonprepper.com *** Wal-Mart wheat***Amazon Author Page
* By the by, all my writing is copyrighted. For the obtuse out there

20 comments:

  1. https://efficiencyiseverything.com/calorie-per-dollar-list/

    also has cookbook .pdf

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice resource. Good job. Thanks. I see flour is right up there at the top. I'm eating nuke bread as I type this. Go waste prepping money on inefficient groceries, suckers!

      Delete
    2. I don't understand why you eat nuke bread when it is not that much trouble to put a little yeast in, knead the dough, put it in a meatloaf pan and bake it (after it has risen) in the oven. Fresh homemade oven-baked bread is so awesome.

      The "all-purpose" store bought flour needs nothing, but if you grind your own wheat you should sift the flour first for better results for whatever you're making. I still see old fashioned flour sifters wherever used goods are sold.

      Why eat "cardboard" when you can instead have warm, freshly buttered, nirvana that melts in your mouth?

      Delete
    3. First, unless you make two weeks of bread at a time, running the oven is a waste of electricity. Second, day old bread tastes nothing like fresh right out of the oven. It get it tasting decent, you have to toast it, using even more power. So, in my mind, if bread is tasting nasty I'd rather at least save on the power bill. Right out of the microwave, the nuke bread tastes okay enough.

      Delete
    4. Get one of those small toaster ovens Jim. They use way less power than a conventional oven. Barring that, if you’re opposed to that idea, now is as good of a time as any to try your hand at solar oven baking. You’re limited to when the sun shines, but you can have tasty, toasted bread, at least part of the year. I too usually use the microwave to save on power. But microwaved food tastes terrible compared to conventionally cooked food. As an experiment try eating a baked potato, vs a microwave cooked potato. The microwave cooked potato really isn’t bad, but it does not taste as good as an actual baked potato. Something about the microwave process destroys the deep, rich, flavor of food.

      Delete
    5. Good reminder on the solar oven. I know nuked food tastes like vile crap. I tried it all in my bachelor days. I just put most of my efforts into a tasty dinner-no compromise there.

      Delete
  2. re:
    American Graffiti

    Yes, I appreciate velocity and acceleration. Turn a key for air-conditioning and radio.

    In the 1950s, our rite-of-passage was constructing a tote-goat from found-objects. The process included scouring the farm, examining every bit of scrap using imagination and focus.

    Welding, fuel management, tire pressure, seating, balance.

    Safety was someplace down the list.

    1960s and early-1970s, Sacramento California is a few miles from the home of the George Lucas movie American Graffiti. We had the 'K Street' cruise every weekend; thousands of kids parked along the streets to watch the constant parade of us$25 jalopies, hotrods, and borrowed station-wagons.

    Mid-2019, I notice I'm having a hard time == voluntarily == shifting from that old way of doing. I own six vehicles; about three are simultaneously functional. And yet, the effort to maintain and feed them seems to produce diminishing returns. Back in the olden days, I used to get that 100:1 buzz, easy. These days, I'm barely seeing 1:1, maybe less.

    But as long as the dogs and I get enough petro to make decent tennis-balls, we're good for the duration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, yes, diminishing returns. Damn complex societies. But your attitude is proper. Enjoy the ride down, even as it gets more annoying holding on to the heyday. Better to have loved and lost. Better to have ridden and crashed?

      Delete
    2. I'll pass on the crash thing. Nope, even tho I drive at most not even a couple thousand miles a year... I'll stay with the old Toyoyo pickum up truck that I replaced in leu of the two wheeler that for many years was my primary transport. Don't really need to have it , as my wife has a newer version of the same truck. Yet invariably hers needs some kind of TLC a couple three times per year. So she uses mine, while I fix hers. As she drives around 250 miles a week for work. Needs must as she is the primary income source since I became invalid.
      I'm sure your NOL has a vehicle too, even tho she likely could easily bike or walk to her employment...but...you know that old saying...if momma ain't happy lol...
      I've got a cruiser bicycle, but don't use it much...cuz even a non motorized two wheeler still skeers me lol.

      Delete
    3. I can't get the NOL to feel guilty for having a car, even labeling her an Earth Raper and a slacker for the apocalypse. Doesn't bother her in the least. She plays the Old Humper card on me pleading arthritis. I can't even interest her in an electric bicycle. What are you going to do? :)

      Delete
    4. What do the letters NOL stand for? I realize you mean your wife.
      Live was easier when bloggers said SWIMBO.

      Delete
    5. See, I don't know what SWIMBO means. Most of my wives had nicknames, once I started seriously collecting them. #2 was Baby Momma ( when I'm being polite ). #3 was Bat Crap Crazy Bitch, or usually just #3 because it wasn't really her fault and I don't blame her. #4 was BTN- Better Than Nothing. This one, #5, the NOL, is New Old Lady.

      Delete
    6. If my memory serves me right, "Swimbo" was how the acronym SWMBO was pronounced. SWMBO stood for She Who Must Be Obeyed.
      Yeah, I'm old enough to remember that one...

      Delete
  3. I'm about 98% sure I'm getting rid of my 3rd vehicle in the next month or so. Tags are due in June and they stick it deep around these parts. Close to $100 for my Blazer. The S10 is about $70. So the first and last brand new vehicle I have ever purchased -the S10, the best thing I have ever bought, and that I've owned now for 29 years, is going to go away. Hell, I've owned that truck longer than most marriages last. I'm starting to get all emotional about it....sniff sniff

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hell, my mustache isn't even that old. But getting close.

      Delete
  4. Do you get a prize when your missus tells you that perhaps "we've got enough food".

    For the Record it's approx 1 years wheat / Rice coupled with a years propane for cooking (you have to say it like Hank Hill or you're officially not allowed in my squatter camp at the billabong).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd be buried in prizes if that was the case. I just get eye rolls, mostly.

      Delete
  5. https://www.cnbc.com/2019/05/23/nearly-25-percent-of-americans-are-going-into-debt-trying-to-pay-for-necessities.html

    btw there is pan bread, wheat tortillas, matze or pita bread.

    http://knuckledraggin.com/2013/10/fuck-store-bought-tortillas/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kurt Saxon type cooking will make a come-back among survival writers. The demand should be rising.

      Delete

COMMENTS HAVE BEEN CLOSED