Wednesday, October 10, 2018

survival hermitage book 1


( note: this is version two.  Disregard completely my last attempts )
SURVIVAL HERMITAGE BOOK 1
INTRODUCTION
No survival strategy is perfect, but some are far worse than others.  Some are as good as it is going to get.  For instance, during the Cold War, the worst strategy was to live in a primary nuclear target so that being at Ground Zero ( you like how our propaganda ministers appropriated this term for the Twin Tower False Flag Attacks?  Equating a “terrorist” attack with millions being nuked.  Subconsciously you give it more gravitas because of the original definition ) you were vaporized before you had a chance to be frightened or aware.  The better strategy was to relocate to one of the few areas that was projected to be free of direct downwind fallout ( you might get vastly reduced amounts eventually as the atmosphere kept circulating the crap ).
*
The problem with this strategy way back in the day was that you needed to be in an area where no population or jobs were, such as Oregon ( believe it or not, just like California is wasn’t always packed to the gills with asshats ), or where no water was for hundreds of miles ( as in West Texas ).  If I recall correctly Tappon eventually ended up in the Oregon area as one of the pioneers following this fallout free zone, but then he had money and could publish a high dollar newsletter ( this was so long ago-I subscribed for one year, and can guess this format might have influenced Rawles-that there was an article on how to create your own newsletter using MS-DOS commands ).
*
If you lived in a nuclear fallout path, you had to spend some heavy coin on industrial level air filters.  Sure, there were plans for improvised ones out of toilet paper tubes and such, but these were manual.  And as much as I advocate manual tools, a 24/7 air filter pump seems far less realistic to me.  But even that aside, you needed lots of concrete or dirt, and neither is cheap ( the dirt is free, not the means to prop up its weight ).  Although, I will say that back then, even during the 70’s economic contraction, the average Schmoe actually would have been able to mostly afford this on an average income.  There were still real jobs out there, unlike today’s digital illusion thereof.
*
Back then, you could also live in the boonies and be in relative close proximity to a job.  They still had Mom & Pop enterprises, as the Chinese were still busy minding their own damn business and had yet agreed to be the globalists mercenaries.  We hadn’t yet even completely dismantled our industrial economy yet.  That would wait for Reagan.  Or, since I’m unabashedly a Reaganphile, my excuse for My Dawg is that he was already gone mentally, being older than dirt, and that scumass Bush Elder pulling the strings behind the scenes and turned the economy over to the bankers. 
*
Nowadays, crap be crazy expensive.  And that isn’t mostly inflation, that is mostly everything being monopolized and you having no more choices but to pay the bankers vig.  You used to be able to farm on remote land and be left alone.  Now there is zoning and health regulations and inflated land values and property taxes and child endangerment if you aren’t grid dependent and laws against rain catchment and much more.  Not that it is impossible to live frugal and mostly free, but it is a heck of a lot harder and you must accept a wicked blow to your standard of living.  Remember when you didn’t need car insurance if your clunker was paid for?  And how you could fix it yourself?
*
You also had a lot less population back then.  It wasn’t much more than half of our current numbers just a few years after the Other Color floodgates were opened.  Just like Rome, who was conquered from within by fuzzy foreigners, the US elites saw a drop in their hooker and blow discretionary income and panicked and sold out their country for a few extra pieces of silver.  It wasn’t the Hippies, Leftists or communists selling out their culture and country, not that they didn’t do some damage, but rather those humpers in charge which failed to protect our borders from enemies foreign and encouraged enemies domestic to profit off their attacks.
*
There will always be stupid dumb bitches who deny biology for fun and profit.  There will always be redistributionists who want a free ride.  Those in charge should be gently discouraging them from their antics with a large shovel upside their head, they shouldn’t be selling the rest of us out and use those idiots as shock troops to profit off of.  We are too busy blaming the patsies and ignoring the perpetrators.  Don’t you see how easy it is for them to bribe you with dreams of sharing in the pillage?  Oh, we can’t blame capitalists of any crime, why, I want to be a capitalist myself when I grow up into my Big Boy pants.
*
The usual advice out there for preppers is to work three jobs and earn butt tons and spend twenty years building your concrete castle atop a mountain next to a babbling brook ( with appropriate herds of sheep who will be suitably nervous ).  Of course, you can’t actually live there because you are busy working in the city, and you can’t leave because that bar/church skank ( whichever type you fell for-and yes, not ALL bitches be golddigging whores.  But most of them are, so don’t get all uppity on me ) you knocked up is now your trophy wife and would get half your assets and the other half would go to pay off the debt she ran up.  So you get into more debt to buy a armored helicopter to be able to bug out to your retreat at the appropriate time. 
*
That isn’t at all realistic.  Continued next time.
( .Y. )
( today's related link https://amzn.to/2yenIQc )
*
note: shop for components at Midway USA?  I didn't get free shipping as powder was from a third party ( or would that be second party? ) but they seem to regularly have Free Over $49 shipping.  Here is the latest click here ( just a random product page-look at the top for the shipping code ).
*
note: free book.  PA https://amzn.to/2RyZjOh .
*
Please support Bison by buying through the Amazon ad graphics at the top of the page ( or from www.bisonbulk.blogspot.com ). Or PayPal www.paypal.me/jimd303 

*** Unless you are in extreme poverty, spend a buck a month here, by the above donation methods or mail me some cash/check/money order or buy a book. If you don't do Kindle books, send me the money and I'll e-mail it to you in a PDF file.  If you donated, you may request books no charge.  
*** My e-mail is: jimd303@reagan.com  My address is: James M Dakin, 181 W Bullion Rd #12, Elko NV 89801-4184 ***E-Mail me if you want your name added to the weekly e-newsletter subscriber list.
*** Pay your author-no one works for free.  I’m nice enough to publish for barely above Mere Book Money, so do your part.*** junk land under a grand *  Lord Bison* my bio & biblio*   my web site is www.bisonprepper.com *** Wal-Mart wheat***Amazon Author Page
* By the by, all my writing is copyrighted. For the obtuse out there



35 comments:

  1. I like the ones that fail to prep because they hope the bomb falls directly on their head. Them and the rapture nuts. Chances are if something happens, you will live through it initially. While wishing for initial demise, they garantee weeks of suffering for lack of supplies. So be it. I will sort them out when I get to hell.

    Reagan may have had Alzheimer's, but he was sharp in office. Trump is playing the office like a reality show and I bet he ends up being the winner here also. I know you try to avoid politics, but since you brought it up...for the rest of the minions, this is just an opinion, not a drill.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only avoid politics because it is a distraction and time sink. Really, vote for anyone because they all screw you. If your vote even is counted. I know we can't avoid the discussion completely, I just try to keep it in perspective.

      Delete
  2. Even here in way rural Texas you can no longer have a septic system and must use an aerobic system. The exception is if you have over 12 acres and only a single dwelling. Glad that I got in before that became law.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The septic system is completely static and requires no attention. The aerobic system uses 3 different tanks and an electric pump that blows air through one of the tanks, requires chlorine tablets to be added to the final tank which then pumps the water out through a sprinkler system It not only is 3 or 4 times as expensive to instal, requires maintenance and costly and dangerous chemicals but here in Texas you have to spend $400 a year to have someone come out and certify that it is still working a number of times each year. I had one at a previous house and it was a real pain and expensive!!

      Delete
    2. So instead of the partially clarifies effluent leaching down into the lower aquifers they instead prefer to contaminate the surface run-off with the effluent AND nasty chemicals too. Real smart. You're right Jim, I smell a pay-off in this dangerous arrangement. Yes, I'm an expert on this stuff. Have to be in order to do my job.

      The aerobic system is more suited to a commercial application where a retention area is situated for the surface run-off. Like the large "ponds" you see in exit areas of the interstate highways, and in the back areas of large parking lots. Run off is nasty shit and I have never been in agreement with how it is currently dealt with. I believe it should be filtered on site, rather than stored as current, then dehydrated to reduce bulk, packed tightly then shipped to the sun in Elon Musks roadster.

      Delete
    3. Would that be filtered using Musks super deluxe solar panels we are still waiting for?

      Delete
    4. Here in Kalifornia, my parents septic system went from an estimate of $14k to about $25k after the perc test required that we needed to have an engineered system. This seems to be more common these days. I don’t have even half of that amount of money in land and preps, nor could I afford to. My plan all along has been to “unofficially” live on my junk land, and I am not going to pull any permits. Unfortunately, this plan relies heavily on my being left alone by the PTB, which is a lot to ask for these days.

      Delete
    5. Wait for the county to go broke, then they shouldn't mess with you as long as you pay your bribes. If not, it is a big desert and the last I checked Home Depot shovels were like $7 ( they get you on the Maddock/Maddox? pick, however )

      Delete
    6. Yeah, I wonder Jim, how much of a threat the eyes in the sky are? (I’m assuming that Elko county doesn’t have any long range drones) My understanding is that most satellites are in the south east, which seems to indicate that the safest place for a retreat would be at the base of the north west side of a tall hill. On the other hand, it took them a year to find Steve Fossett, and they were actively looking for him, so perhaps all is not lost. Still, it would make for a good topic to research, and I think I’ll do just that.

      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Fossett

      Delete
    7. "...perc test required that we needed to have an engineered system..."

      I'd question that immediately. They take advantage of a persons ignorance and lack of engineering knowledge.

      A failed percolation test means the existing soil is incapable of allowing the effluent to the drainfield seep down through the soil due to compaction and/or soil type. Clay, for example, makes for poor perc tests as to water, it seems like concrete. Sand on the other hand is excellent. The inexpensive solution is what's called a "soil correction", in which all of the soil in the area of the proposed drainfield is removed to a depth of 12' and then a new sandy loam type of soil is installed in it's place. The 2 considerations are, how much does soil (sandy loam) cost per load, delivered, and how many loads will be required. You have to know the area of the drainfield in square feet x the depth (12') divided by 27 and that will tell you the number of square yards of soil is needed.

      My best advice is to take your paperwork to a local civil engineer and get a free initial consultation. To pull all the paperwork together and provide you with the proper contacts he could charge you $1000. Oh, this is Calif., double that. Then double it again. Just kidding. Make a few phone calls and see. Keep in mind, once the health dept is involved they become absolute tyrants and will try to terrify you. Do not antagonize them but be clear and thorough in your communications with them and get copies of all paperwork. Make them explain the stuff you don't understand. Good luck. Septic systems are shitty deals all the way around. And then 4 years later they install sewers and make you pay all over again.

      Delete
    8. 5:34-no guarantees, of course. Just playing the odds.
      GS-shitty deal. Ha! You've been on fire for awhile.

      Delete
  3. Have a storage unit rurally (less theft risk, closer to hidey hole) with a diverse basic stockpile. Heavily locked down. Backups to backups, but sacrificials in case of loss or compromise. Have squatable dirt in zoning free counties if possible, and or hobo it in an rv semi mobile on public lands and walmart parking lots. Cache if possible in total devoid un accessable wilderness areas as an aside option. Unless you can score a really deep inholding in wilderness or grizzly adams location, everything else will be too close and be probed by scumbags and curiosity tourists.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I mentioned already that a lot of those Way Off Grid YouTube channels are reporting a huge surge in vandalism and theft from really remote places. The cockroaches are ranging further afield for their crumbs.

      Delete
    2. I cringe every time I see a suggestion to use a storage unit for preps. I cannot caution enough against it. I had one for a while after a severe downsizing of our dwelling situation. Long story short, it was not only robbed TWICE, it also got flooded due to a roof failure. Virtually everything of value we had in there was either stolen or destroyed. Thank goodness it was "only" family heirlooms and tools with which I earn a living, had it been actual preps we needed for survival it'd be game over. And this was in a so-called good neighborhood with on-premises live-in management and security gates and cameras everywhere. Of course your mileage may vary, but use extreme caution if you plan on these preps being available when you really need them. In my humble opinion you have better chances burying buckets in the ground somewhere.

      Delete
    3. Hmmm. First I've heard of an experience such as this. How long ago was it? I'm asking to gauge whether it is due to recent uptick in property crimes or was long ago enough to be considered normal. I used a storage solution once, hated the cost, and then transitioned to storing in my Hippie Bread Van which was itself parked in the fenced storage unit ( at one third the cost of a room ). Had it parked there two years. I'm not saying theft isn't a problem, I'm just wondering if I wasn't blissfully ignorant.

      Delete
    4. 11:07-not sure I've seen many kids worth a can of Spam.

      Delete
    5. Jl, I share your feeling about storage units. Especially after shows like Storage Wars that give people ideas.

      Delete
    6. You know, 'cause undeserved treasure is as real as wrestling :)

      Delete
    7. I had 3 large storage units when we moved here 12 years ago. Very nice, modern, seemingly secure, very rural. All 3 were broken into and I don't know what all was stolen. What I do know is that my 60gal Ingersol Rand compressor was stolen, as well as the top box for my big Snap-On rig, and at least $3k worth of Florida fishing gear. The tools in the top box were the worst part. I had some tools in there that were my dads and some were my grand dads. Irreplaceable. No, nothing was recovered. The one and only time I ever needed the cops and the worthless fux did nothing. But they sure do issue the traffic tickets and harrass the meth heads. fuk-em-ded

      Delete
    8. In answer to your question Lord Bison, my troubles with the storage unit were in 2012-2013. Considering how things have gone since then, I'd suspect its worse now...

      Delete
    9. GS-LEO's have it tough north of the Rio Grande. Their bosses get rich from legal institutionalized bribes. The foot patrols get a COLA raise if they are lucky. Have a little compassion.

      Delete
    10. As bad as Kalifornia sucks, it sounds as if our storage facilities are better than most out of state. Most of the storage places that I’ve seen here have some pretty heavy security, with camera’s all over the place. Of course for what they charge, it’s probably not too far off from what renting a house in another state costs.

      Delete
    11. Perhaps because the state turned into Norte Mexico long ago and in both places heavy security is a standard building feature. They got mad practice yo.

      Delete
    12. Anon 3:44, You'd think so with all the security measures, but no, my storage woes took place in the heart of Silicon Valley. But I do agree that California sucks. And then some...

      Delete
  4. And way back when, I was in my late 20's and figured out a plan. When I had enough coin, I would buy a small acreage and dig a pond for a catfish farm / pay by the pound. A location where people in the rurals could choose to get some recreation and purchase fresh fish for their next meal. The location I wanted was where little fresh water fishing opportunities existed to work.

    Alas - never went through on it. A venture like this would provide the owner fresh meat, a good barter item and wasn't as prone of poaching or theft as livestock is. How do you feed them inexpensively - hang some electric bug lights over the pond, I'm sure there would be enough dead bugs to go around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Neighbor across the road has that. Slammed with cats, breams, blue gills, crappies. Then the word got out and now they come out once a year and evaluate, over flow drain, scrubbage around the perimeter, water quality, and assess a fee based on infractions and presumed numbers of fish. His pond is roughly 200' x 200' x 12' deep and fed by 3 underground streams. Just about everything is in violation of the laws these days. Nosey neighbors and passers by turn you in. In the future they will be capped on sight, rock tied to leg and dropped in the deep end for the cats to skarf down on.

      Delete
    2. Okay, we used to have pigs eating people, then in theory you could eat the pig. Now we can add catfish to that list? Cool. Burying is so much hard work. ( PS-I don't know if I'm kidding or not. Not sure I'd want to eat either. We need a federal grant to study this in more depth-safety issues on pathogens passed on )

      Delete
    3. I seem to recall that Kurt Saxon mentioned something about setting screens over a pond and throwing raw meat on the screens. As the maggots produce, they fall into the water, and serve as sort of a self feeding system. Though I can’t recall how he said to set up the screens. He also had an article on raising fish in barrels.

      Delete
    4. https://www.survivalplus.com/foods/RAISING-CATFISH-IN-A-BARREL.htm

      Delete
    5. You gotta have 2 ponds, 1 upwind for eating, 1 down wind for disposing. I likes that idea about the screens. Gut a deer, throw the guts on the screen. Course, crows might play havoc with that carrion. Maybe a couple mousetraps around the edges. One broke leg crow and the others will take heed. Crows is smart.

      Delete
    6. But is it smart to mess with crows?

      Delete
    7. Anon 3:45 - I think Ragnar Benson (good ol' Uncle Ragnar ! :^) also shared that idea in (I think) his book SURVIVAL POACHING, wrapping a porcupine in chicken wire suspended over a pond to drop the maggots.

      Delete
    8. Just don't buy his last book. A dementia patient's notes to a beginners ghost writer, edited by a diversity hire.

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope I do a much better job this time. Not satisfied at all with the last effort.

      Delete

COMMENTS HAVE BEEN CLOSED