Friday, August 10, 2018

members only 4 of 4


MEMBERS ONLY 4
*
note: puny Earthlings!  You don't need no stinking car!  Here was my grocery shopping yesterday, just using my bicycle with front and rear baskets ( no backpack ).  20 cans of real sugar drink mixes ( Kool-Aid, Tang, etc., 19 ounces each ).  A ten pound sack of sugar.  Twenty pounds of hamburger.  Three cases of Top Ramen.  Just saying. ( as an aside, I did notice that they labeled their 25 lb sack of white flour at $6-this is at Smith's, owned by Kroger, BTW.  Just beware, they did misprice the sugar, so due diligence )
*
note: free PA book https://amzn.to/2KGX32I 
*
A lot of survival groups, planned or post ad hoc’ed, are going to be all retarded and recruit based on skills.  You know what I think about that ( the “retarded” should have given you a hint if in the past you barely peruse my highly honed and shined pearls of wisdom and promptly forgot anything you read because you were desperately trying to retain the pricing and specs information of competing FLIR scopes ).  Let me just say about that, before we move on, dumb ass ghetto Other Colors know enough to base membership on loyalty.  Cracker Redneck Trailer Trash meth cookers know enough to base membership on loyalty.  They HAD to learn, the alternative being either jail rape and/or death.
*
Were they smart enough to learn that lesson?  No, they learned by all the corpses they witnessed as their Homey G Dawg buddies didn’t choose wisely.  If you are smarter than a box of rocks you will heed their School Of Hard Knocks lesson and base your tribal male member acceptance of loyalty.  Not skill.  On the job training will quickly train up all the warriors you need at supreme efficiency.  But are surviving tribes going to recruit on this basis?  Needing personal references AND initiation?  I seriously doubt it.  Why?  Think about it as if you were Post-Apocalypse Doctor Evil. 
*
Let’s say you wanted to infiltrate a man into the warring tribe.  The tribe requires the prospective member to kill one or more of Dr. Evil’s henchmen.  Dr. Evil told the uncover dude it was okay to waste them.  Heroic casualties for the cause, giving their lives for the greater good of defeating the enemy ( yeah, this is how US military officers, and everyone in government think about any of the cannon fodder troops, also.  Here, due to falling standards of education, evil dudes are called “Captain” or “Senator” rather than “doctor” ).  This is counter-intelligence 101, folks.  A terrible way to test out potential recruits.
*
A loyalty test must be a little bit more severe.  Perhaps killing off your wife you brought with you ( after carefully observing whether or not he actually would love to do so, or if they are a fake couple.  This is where your tribal females come in mighty handy.  It takes their level of cunning and deceit to ferret out fakes ).  But, saying all that, doesn’t it just seem like the world’s biggest pain in the ass to try to vet recruits?  Wouldn’t you avoid it if possible?  That is were kidnapping breeding material and young children comes in handy.  Avoiding questionable loyalty.
*
So here is what I’m thinking.  Unless given little choice, most tribes probably WON’T recruit.  The reward for a wrong decision is a Trojan Horse stab in the back ( keep your #1 wife watching the new wives for this.  She is old and bitter, never getting your sweet loving but once a month.  She’ll keep herself relevant by spying and controlling for you, if you treat her decently enough ).  It is far better to stick with the members you came through the die-off conflict with.  Those band of brothers proved themselves to each other, in combat.  They killed off innocents side by side.  Perhaps even ate at the long pork buffet together.  No recruit can prove themselves like that.  Not even close.
*
Now, it is always possible that you CAN get recruited.  The local tribes might be dangerously under strength.  My point here is that if they don’t have to, they won’t.  And if they won’t, now you are at a severe disadvantage.  I cannot even pretend to answer the question now, of what should I do?  It seems to me that is a more “damned if you do, or don’t” situation.  If you form a tribe out of the dumb asses available, you screw yourself.  If you don’t, you screw yourself.
*
Now, of course, I’m not sure why I’m making THAT big of a fuss here.  Survivalism is chockablock full of decisions like this, wild ass guessing that could work for you, or not.  Well, okay, I know why I’m giving it so much attention.  I don’t believe it has been covered before by anyone.  That is what I mean by nobody studying anthropology or evolutionary biology or any of the other fun stuff I snort up more eagerly than a freshman Congressman at his first party with the availability of cocaine lines across the giant naked bosom of an intern.  Why do I have to be the only one here getting all jiggy wit it?  Okay, I enjoy it.  But still, a little competition?
*
There are gentlemen founding movements returning to White Warrior tribes.  You can buy extremely overpriced manuals from them ( I love profit.  That is my income.  I do NOT care for obscene profit.  You can price your stuff at “written by a monk with quill pen” amounts, but I know how little it is to self publish.  Now go buy my rationally priced Frugal Survival book on Amazon ).  They all focus on the younger set, as over-aged warriors aren’t too terribly effective in battle if all of them are as equally ancient, unless you are going suicide bomber.  What is the aging survivalist to do?
*
People be crazy stupid, giving their tribal loyalty to their workplace or sports team or orange haired rich politician ( Trumps only claim to morality is that he wasn’t a politician or lawyer, at least ). If you try to make them a tribal member, their stupidity infects you and kills you ( obviously this doesn’t include the lucky few who were able to pick good stock neighbors and have a suitable tribe ).  If you don’t have a tribe, you might never get one.  Again, I have few answers.  This is just another thing for you to worry about.  You are welcome.
( .Y. ) 
( today's related link https://amzn.to/2KtDF9k )
Please support Bison by buying through the Amazon ad graphics at the top of the page ( or from www.bisonbulk.blogspot.com ).  Or PayPal www.paypal.me/jimd303

*** Unless you are in extreme poverty, spend a buck a month here, by the above donation methods or mail me some cash/check/money order or buy a book. If you don't do Kindle books, send me the money and I'll e-mail it to you in a PDF file.  If you donated, you may request books no charge.   My e-mail is: jimd303@reagan.com  My address is: James M Dakin, 181 W Bullion Rd #12, Elko NV 89801-4184
*** Pay your author-no one works for free.  I’m nice enough to publish for barely above Mere Book Money, so do your part.*** junk land under a grand *  Lord Bison* my bio & biblio*   my web site is www.bisonprepper.com *** Wal-Mart wheat***Amazon Author Page
* By the by, all my writing is copyrighted. For the obtuse out there

19 comments:

  1. Using your example of ghetto and meth tribes, it's entirely possible to gain entry because they need their equvilant of cannon fodder and latrine burners.

    Even they need someone to take the fall if a bust or heist occurs. Of course, becoming more than that would take some effort and luck. You would need to survive enough forays to even step up to grunt status and then the loyalty tests start.

    Basically by chosing to join instead of being forced to join just makes you a better class of slave

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the gangs, while recruiting underage soldiers for distribution, are still only going to take on family or vetted members. Strangers need not apply. They can still be that Trojon Horse opening the gate at 3am.

      Delete
  2. If the minion is a self sufficient loner in a isolated locale, then stay out of groups tribes etc. Not enough gain for the pain. Majority of modern people are clingers that freak out if they can't regularly update the fake book page or tweet or text some one else, and have to be constantly around others. That will cause people of mediocre skillsets and petty interpersonal politics to collect together, with tragic blowback results in a resource collapse. That grouping will be a lumbering entity picked apart to the bones by a more aggressive and stronger skill/loyalty based outfit. Think predators on prey in the animal kingdom that we also have membership as well. Be the Apex, not dinner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also, most modern people are hopelessly PC addled tools, that would freak out if they had to live in a world where there were no women’s, lgbt, or tranny’s “rights”.

      It’s going to be particularly humorous to witness how much street cred that voting democrat got them with the minorities, following the collapse. I sure hope that the street cams are up and running for at least a little while into the collapse, so that I can witness it all from a good, safe, distance :D

      Delete
    2. Unfortunately, we are missing some rights. Everyone SHOULD have the right to Shut The Hell Up Already, but none use it, so it must be withheld :)

      Delete
  3. I know the whole goal is to increase your chances for survival and mitigate risks. Having said that, I think that so many are going to die by pure chance that over thinking this particular might be futile. I'm not saying your points should be discounted. You should be well aware of all the possible risks. I don't know. I'm still thinking a small rural town is the way to go if you don't have a remote compound.

    JeSteR

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We sleep better at night by lying to ourselves. If you did factor in luck and probabilities, most likely you wouldn't even bother to prep. You'd be like the lefties living under a nuclear target since we were all doomed anyway ( of course, that attitude produced some darn fine movies like Threads, and the ones with Jason Robards and the Kevin Costner one ). Hermitage is the only real way to significantly increase your odds and that isn't much of a life for most of us. So, really, most of what I talk about can't be given TOO much attention. It is mental masturbation. A hobby we all take too far.

      Delete
    2. I think Anon (3:15 pm) has got a great point and the best I can do is have my small, somewhat self suficient tiny remote, compound (cabin) in the Appalachian forests of Virginia along a small permanent water source with lots and lots of wheat berry buckets due to Jim's thesis of "food, food, food" tucked away and weapons plus ammo for defense. Nearby is a small country village (less than 120 population) that is the county seat where I have some ongoing relationships so that I'm not a complete stranger. Although not a perfect "Tribe" by any definition, but at least I'm independent (a potential minor "Hermitage") while not viewed as a threat and we all seem to agree that those old fashioned values of of long ago still apply.

      Whenever I wonder if I'm sane by worrying about the future, I whip out the song ("Native Son") by John Hiatt and play it loudly several times and then I'm reassured that I'm doing "just fine"! Try it yourself at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZ_4fQNFL84

      The worst thing in the world to be in is the predicament the song sings about "looking for his Tribe...." while "killing side by side" by the river of pride.... KUDOS to Jim for keeping us all sane about the future.

      Delete
    3. Too much twang on the song-and I lived in various parts of the South for near 11 years. As for wheat, I'll be happy as the minions curse me for the ages as they sit down to another meal of berries. I just came across a theory that blood type has other properties such as diet preference and cancer proclivities. Not sure if I believe it, but A blood types do better with grains. Also, mosquito's don't like our blood as much.

      Delete
    4. On the one hand “we all die some time” and on the other, there is something to be said for not being a Sally and taking it up the rear. Prepping covers a lot of situations short of a total melt down. I think it’s a common sense practice. In the Army we considered the enemy’s most dangerous course of action as well as their most probable course of action. At least us non-malingering, non-drug using officers did. 😜 Of course we all know what you think of officers. Too bad you picked a retarded MOS. 👊🏻

      JeSteR

      Delete
    5. You might be onto something about the MOS. Most of our officers weren't MP's but rather Intelligence ( cough ). They probably didn't like us just like the rest of the Army and acted out against us. Another factor was the chronic shortages of manpower and even a lot of MP's didn't really want to be there.

      Delete
    6. First I will admit there are a lot of crappy officers. However, I typically generalize the quality thusly...the worst officers are in heavy units regardless of branch. Light, airborne and special ops have the best officers. Next combat arms are typically better than support. Finally infantry officers are superior to all and they get better as you go from light, to airborne to special ops (caveat some Special Forces officers come from branches other than infantry. Some are good and some not). This is my basic generalization from my own experiences. There are always outliers. Having said all this, I make it a habit of not getting in the way of “officer bashing” from my enlisted brethern. It’s a tradition as old as the profession of arms and much of it is well deserved.

      JeSteR

      Delete
    7. Why am I so sensitive? It was nothing personal, it being the officers job to kill off the enlisted :) It could be worse, right? We could have had to invade Russia.

      Delete
  4. Loved your intro comment about shopping using the bicycle. It made me think about something I've observed this summer. It's an aspect to your "ditch your car" argument that I can't recall having seen you note explicitly.

    You've made the valid point that escalating costs of owning a car can further tie you down to a job you don't like, acting as a self-reinforcing feedback loop. I saw that in full view with three of my co-workers. I work in at a large (multi-national) tech company where the money is good and the job security is relatively high (note the deliberate use of the word "relatively").

    Since June I've noticed three of my co-workers purchase new, high-end Porsches. I asked them about that and to a man their reasoning could be distilled down this: "If I'm going to be stuck in a job I don't like and have to endure a long commute to get there and back each day, at least I'm going to have a fun car to ride on each end of the workday."

    Mind you, these are fellows with technical (engineering) degrees so there is some mental horsepower there available for problem-solving.

    And each day I watch them drive in I imagine those golden handcuffs getting a few notches tighter...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you are relatively new here you missed the whole drama of my commute from the boonies issue. Ten years ago moving here I was broke and we could only drive into town once a week ( gas was $4 a gallon and I got 5mpg ) for laundry/shopping. I rode my bike to work rain or shine or through the snow, for seven years, one and a half hours round trip. A few years of that and I stopped driving into town on the weekend and went full hauling on the bike for water and dinner. Once a month I rented a car, incidentally dry goods grocery shopping but mostly to bring the now ex into town to avoid cabin fever. Three years ago is when I moved into town and have been living with the New Old Lady. Most of my like I haven't owned a car. Early '80's for a couple of months. '91-'93 with kids. One year abound '97. One month moving from FL to NV on '03. '08 to I think '11 driving once a week.

      Delete
  5. This is in reference to Jester's comment about moving to a small town in the boonies. Been there done that. ThouhtT it'd be good for my soul, safety. If you're gonna do it, make sure your beliefs and your looks emulate theirs. If you gotta fake it, do it. Cuz the minute they suspect your values , religion or political beliefs dont align with theirs, it's a little like being sniffed out by a drug-sniffing dog. Theyre on to you and they'll watch your every movement or their first cousin and all their kids will sneak up and check on you, your house, check out what you do. Before you know it, it spreads like wildfire. By then, their uncle who is the Selectman is imposing laws or fines upon you or finding new rules to lambaste you with. Small town politics is NASTY and corrupt if they don't like you, you are too vocal for causes that are suspect or if you don't fit into their homogeneous concept of what a town citizen should be. If they weren't born and raised there, many educated crazies moved there cuz they couldnt make it in the real world. So they bring their dysfunction and hate into the new town. Beware of the small town. Do your homework. Pick the fit properly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've only ever lived in one truly small town-luckily I fit in there. Unlucky, it was in California.

      Delete
  6. Here's how it will break down.
    First everyone will separate by race (The lefties will finally realize water and vinegar don't mix).
    Then subdivide into rich vs poor.
    Wait , never mind.

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS HAVE BEEN CLOSED