Friday, August 17, 2018

alpha male redux 2 of 3


ALPHA MALE REDUX 2
As we finished up yesterday I was talking about the common misrepresentation of Alpha Males in post-apocalypse fiction.  They are portrayed as strutting little Stalin’s, killing all their own men in a rather wonton manner ( remember, Stalin’s communist utopia was one of the original politically correct states.  Another is South Africa where it is-wink, wink-basically forgiven if you kill White farmers and take their land, a land of rainbow glittery farts Obammy was trying to move us toward ).  Am I the only one reading any history of the Vietnam War?  Hello?  Fragging. 
*
Of course, the larger point is not that most PA writers are little twats ignorant of most things but especially logistics and tactics, although they are, but that the vast majority of American males are just as Gott Awful Moronically Retarded as the original Hollywood actors that publicly sliced off their testicles and while respectfully kowtowing towards the goddesses of the Bitches Lib movement offered up their sacrificial manhood ( who the heck was the idiot from the TV show MASH?  That is the dickless dweeb I’m primarily speaking of ).
*
By buying into the propaganda that Alpha Males are rude jerks that only strut and violently lash out, most males are propagating the propaganda.  They are pushing the LibTard agenda even if they don’t realize this.  Perhaps the Liberal hero Black Warriors over in Turd World Africa act that way, or at least they all want to vicariously act that way as they struggle with weakness and helplessness, but I seriously doubt successful groups survive in the Stalin model.  Hell, there is one school of thought that Stalin himself was eventually purged ( and before we point any fingers at Russians for failing to get rid of a dangerous fellow, look how long we put up with FDR and his mega-crap-fest ).
*
The keys to being an Alpha are not hyper aggressiveness, rudeness and non-cooperation.  Rather, the three C’s.  Competence, cooperation and chivalry.  Mainly, you must be better.  Whatever you do, do it better.  That is the litmus test of an Alpha-being the best.  You can’t brag or point out how wonderful you are.  That is telling.  You only win by doing.  Others are responsible for bragging or pointing out, not you.  If you have to tell, odds are you didn’t ever really do.  Simple.  Cooperation is not Going Alone To Get Along, it is graciously allowing others to profit off of your competence, without reward or expectation.  
*
This one is pretty simple also.  Think about the best boss you ever had.  He was good at what he did, but more importantly he respected your efforts.  Then, you wanted to help him, because of that respect.  And he gathered his group together, with everyone thinking the same way, and everyone got along and helped each other and the unit was an actual cooperating unit and so much more effective for it.  You do realize how rare those bosses are, right?  99% of them are in effect demanding respect.  Not earning it, and not reciprocating it.  There is no unit, other than in name only.
*
Chivalry is the gentleman part.  Those that are your inferiors, those weaker than you and those far less competent than you are NOT treated like what they are.  They are given the same respect that they give you.  You deserve the respect, as you have earned it through competence, but they are given the respect because, simply, they cannot earn it.  When you are superior, and treat others as inferior, you demean and diminish yourself.  Here is an example.  Do you pick on the retarded kid?  It isn’t like that is any challenge.  You are superior to him mentally.  So by PROVING that you are superior, you are displaying an actual weakness.  You are proving you are unsure of your superiority.  By treating him with respect, you are proving your superiority by seeing no need to prove it.
*
I hope that makes sense.  I feel I’m not communicating sufficiently.  Let’s use a more common example ( I think part of my inability to communicate stems from the entire concept being so alien in our culture anymore ).  You are a male.  Do you hit females?  Of course not ( not unless they deserve it.  I’m kidding! ).  You have superior strength.  Why does it need to be demonstrated?  And yes, I realize that most females don’t believe this today-but that shouldn’t cause males to pretend they don’t understand it.  Now, translate that over into ability.  You have the ability to think much faster and clearer than a mentally challenged person.  Why must you prove it?
*
You have the ability to do a job better than anyone else.  You prove it by doing it, not by belittling all the other marginal workers.  The chivalrous course of action would be to help them perform their job better.  They will never be competition, so it is magnanimous to gift them with more skill/teaching ( but you do that with respect.  For instance, “great job. But can I show you an easier way to do that, to save you a lot of hassle later?”.  Not, “you are an idiot!  Give me that tool and I’ll show you how to do that right” ). 
*
Another aspect of competence is that you don’t need to ever kiss anyone’s ass.  Just like with women, where you don’t fail their Crap Test ( crap testing is when gals give you a VERY subtle test.  Trust me, they are much better at it than your BS detector will ever be.  It is far better to pass the test before it is given.  The way to do that is to be an Alpha.  Which is when you are highly competent and NEVER kiss anyone’s ass.  Not the girlfriend or wife, not the boss.  You can be loving and respectful and still not compromise on your principles.  That is passing the crap test ).  Bosses may or may not Crap Test you.  The females ones will-most gals don’t even know they are doing it.  The males might also, but it is more of a virtue signaling test.  Don’t fall for it.  Just be respectful as you do.
*
“You ignorant whores are worthless and I can’t work in this hostile environment.  I’ll do it my way, and hump you”.  This will surely get you fired.  “Ma’am, I don’t have time for these office politics.  You know my work record.  If you no longer require my services, so be it.  Otherwise, I’m rather busy” might be more the ticket.  You can still get fired that way, as most female bosses are ALL about office politics.  The point is you cannot win playing their game, and if you do you aren’t an Alpha anyway.  Not kissing anyone’s ass is another way of saying you must act like a Honey Badger ( Honey Badger doesn’t give a crap!-those not in the know, look up the YouTube video “honey badger doesn’t give a sh*t”-my everlasting gratitude to Kunstler for spreading the word on that one ).
*
I could probably stop there, but I’ll elaborate more tomorrow just because I’m enjoying this subject ( let it be noted that I myself am a work in progress.  A true gentleman wouldn’t point out the dangerous and fatal flaws of others teachings.  At least not by naming names as I do.  But I am always striving to increase competence ).
( .Y. ) 
( today's related link https://amzn.to/2M82YmW )
*
note: the same guy I just linked to on the pistol caliber comparison, this time The Best Apocalypse Gun In The World click here .  Perhaps not what you'd expect but really well thought out.
*
note: free books.  One of the select few who writes so good you don't care it is zombies.  Seriously. you'll want to read more of his stuff https://amzn.to/2L1ErKN .  EMP https://amzn.to/2PiNhar and its sequel https://amzn.to/2waVB3j . Zombies https://amzn.to/2MUI4UL .
*
Please support Bison by buying through the Amazon ad graphics at the top of the page ( or from www.bisonbulk.blogspot.com ). Or PayPal www.paypal.me/jimd303 

*** Unless you are in extreme poverty, spend a buck a month here, by the above donation methods or mail me some cash/check/money order or buy a book. If you don't do Kindle books, send me the money and I'll e-mail it to you in a PDF file.  If you donated, you may request books no charge.  
*** My e-mail is: jimd303@reagan.com  My address is: James M Dakin, 181 W Bullion Rd #12, Elko NV 89801-4184 ***E-Mail me if you want your name added to the weekly e-newsletter subscriber list.
*** Pay your author-no one works for free.  I’m nice enough to publish for barely above Mere Book Money, so do your part.*** junk land under a grand *  Lord Bison* my bio & biblio*   my web site is www.bisonprepper.com *** Wal-Mart wheat***Amazon Author Page
* By the by, all my writing is copyrighted. For the obtuse out there

18 comments:

  1. Good points in series Jim. I agree with your points about one's own conduct, and if done correctly with good intentions, that will propel one into a leadership role or strenghten position. I, when younger was in leadership/management roles and yes, it is best to do it correctly and not be a douche bag. I like a beta role now for less stress and responsibilities. I think a lot of jack assed alpha poser males will get fragged, shived into the liver from behind, or sniped from afar, as the civility and decorum along with folks being done with following the choking amount laws, and as such not behave as well any more. Stay away from uber leader john or jane that acts like an ass, so as not to be a collateral casualty during purges.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm, I wonder if that is why The Purge movies are popular. Future training :)

      Delete
    2. EVERYBODY, yes, EVERYBODY has an (other than sexual) fantasy of a non judicial repercussion 'free for all'. The clerical ladies, the bookish administrators, the mild mannered manual labor hired help, all want a piece of the hide off of the douche bags and ass hats that are mucking up good community standards. The man or lady that is dismissed out of hand by alpha types will find out rudely what a ball pean hammer does to the cranium brain housing group under a furious pummeling. A little respect for all is in order, as it is only like 5-8 pounds of trigger pull with decent aim to put down a curr dog.

      Delete
    3. And in urban settings you don't even have to aim very good if you have mag capacity. See LE agency for this tactical approach.

      Delete
  2. Jamie Farr ( spelling? ) played the guy dressing as a gal to get a Section 8 discharge. Not gay.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just sit down and refuse to play any more and get other than honorable discharge, sent home. It is done in interests of department quietly so the putz non hackers don't get a code red from comrades in barracks at night. Better politics and optics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mash was ok for it's era of production, late 70's to early 80's. I think with most military series they at least try via advisors to get the feel of reality. It is in short supply with current sandbox wars, (leftist papering over, squashing of the story due to politics) have your bullshit filter glasses on and take it with a grain of salt in your beer, then pull foil lined ball cap down tight, as with all external sensory inputs, be discerning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As a teenager, I enjoyed MASH quite a bit. I enjoyed it decades later watching it again. Nothing wrong with the show itself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never really did get into Mash all that much. Maybe as with GS, it was because I too didn’t care much for Alan Alda, and I want to say that he was also a big supporter of that ERA crap back in the 70’s. Though Hot Lips was rather bangable in the earlier seasons, so there was that.

    I much preferred Ba Ba Black Sheep (The few times that I saw it) or Hogan’s Heroes, which I always thought was a pretty top notch show. Too bad about Bob Crane. I always found him to be likable, and it looks like they will never know who murdered him at this point. But now that I think about it, Crane’s Hogan, was much the type of better alpha that you’ve been describing over the last two articles.

    ReplyDelete
  7. "was much the type of better alpha that you’ve been describing over the last two articles." Good catch-I hadn't even really visualized who would be a good example, but there you go.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like The Best Apocalypse Gun In The World choice, but a person would need the wrists that could handle it. I especially like that it can chamber a .410 round. It's like having a legal sawed-off shotgun. On the other hand, If it's the true "Apoclypse", you might want to just go with a sawed-off 10 or 12 gauge.

    Reminder to self: store plenty of hacksaw blades.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think one would do better to get a 20 gauge. If that revolver is rough on the wrist I imagine a sawed off 12g is just as bad. I liked the video, but of course, ANY argument for any gun is always made for the circumstances it excels at. You always take with a grain of salt. In one for instance, body armor might not be such a concern, as lack of food forces most folks to shed weight drastically ( and your wrist snaps under recoil as your malnourished bones get brittle ).

      Delete
    2. I must have missed the link for The Best Apocalypse Gun in the World above. But yeah, I just watched the first few minutes of it. It’s pretty heavy at 4.5lbs, and pretty expensive too.

      It’s the internet, and so everyone is a tough guy, but I’m not gonna lie to you. I’m not man enough to even try shooting one of those .454 Casull’s. My dad had a .44 magnum, and that’s all the recoil that I feel is practical for a normal human being to reasonably handle. My dad actually hand loaded his own rounds, because he said that the factory .44’s were so hot, that after shooting a box or two through the gun, everything got loose, and you had to tighten down screws and the such. In short, they beat the hell out of the gun. Shooting such guns is not a lot of fun.

      Delete
    3. I think a selling point was that since it weighed 4.5 lb the felt recoil was much lower. Not that I'd want to try it :) I keep envisioning the scene near the end ( at the aircraft boneyard ) of "Harley Davidson & The Marlboro Man" when the guy is firing his bazooka pistol and not hitting crap as the recoil forces the gun over his head ( sure, Hollywood, but... )

      Delete
  9. Forget the honey badger reference it's just Africa's version of the real deal ,the WOLVERINE! Actually there the same critter but the wolverine is right here in Murica! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But the question is, does the wolverine Not Give A Crap?

      Delete
  10. MASH , I thought was a good depiction of military personnel.
    Frank Burns being the type officer you so love to ridicule.
    I was more the B.J. Hunnicut type A...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I knew MASH was the true recruiting film...:)

      Delete

COMMENTS HAVE BEEN CLOSED