Monday, June 18, 2018

sending your kid to college 1 of 2


SENDING YOUR KID TO COLLEGE
*
note: free books.  PA https://amzn.to/2JXweYG .  YA PA https://amzn.to/2t7gbRt . 
*
The joke used to be, when something was outrageously priced, “what, am I sending your kid to college?”.  As if that one sale had enough profit to do exactly that.  I don’t think it is as widespread as it used to be, for the simple fact that most poor people are now acting just like those charlatans of old.  Most of us think and act like our next customer is the last one we’ll ever have and need to get enough profit to squirrel it away for the coming bad winter.  This really hit me when I went on my bi-weekly visit to Rawles.

*

Oh, what a sad and empty place it has become.  It was never the New York Times or the Wall Street Journal, but it could have been akin to something along the lines of the Rapid City Reporter ( a large enough town to matter, with solid news-and by the way, I have no idea what the paper there is actually named ).  Now?  It is “USA Today”, all pie charts and photos and absolutely nothing of substance.  I keep visiting, and I have no idea why.  Except.  Hey, they did give me an article idea for today.  Thanks, “Rawlesian Preppers Illustrated Today”. 

*

There was no real article to read so I’m just looking down the list of companies that are donating to the guest writer contest, and for some bizarre reason ( I know enough to not question my muse.  If he wants to read or watch some weird crap, he knows better than me ) I click on the folks that run the Naturally Cozy reuseable female time ’O the month products company.  And I couldn’t believe what I was seeing.  Each item is $12 and up.  For a cotton pad.  Sure, they were pretty, because gals are all about style and you need a fabric with pretty pictures for an item you want to slap up against your hoohoo and vomit blood into, evidently.  And they had a fastener. 

*

ONE, please take the time to allow me to repeat, ONE friggin sanitary pad was the same cost as a ten pack of Gerber brand cotton reuseable diapers.  How many “cozies” could you make out of that?  No, they contained no pretty designs or pictures, and you’d need to make your own fastener, but merciful  good God in heaven,  is the price difference worth that much?  I would say, emphatically, not just no, but HELL no!  These people are, what?  That’s right, asking you to send their kid to college ( it just occurred to me that perhaps one reason you don’t hear that saying anymore is because college is now so expensive, only a Ferrari sale would be high enough to come close to be able to send the kid to school ).

*

Know, I understand that gals are life focused on appearance.  That is their meal ticket.  The only thing I ever do coming close to any one of the dozens of daily grooming tasks they perform is keeping my mustache trimmed and each errant stray single hair concerns me ( I cut off the beard-while no where near the issues I had while younger, I still get boils in my beard and after a few months I’m scratching old not totally healed lumps I couldn’t stand it anymore.  And after just two or three shaves they are all gone ). 

*

I get it, gals are just hard wired that way.  No judgment.  They are probably concerned they will get in a wreck and someone will see too-light-of-color menstrual pads with unsightly stains ( never mind you just crapped yourself in that auto accident-no minute grooming task is too great to not take the time on.  We may not appreciate it, but we should.  Lot’s of bitches be coyote ugly otherwise ).  So, how about throwing in a packet of dye, to go from white to red or black or whatever?  Right?  Not too difficult for the penny pinching frugal homestead wife.

*

My point, at least this time, is NOT that we are all dumb asses and waste money on everything, although of course we do, but to ask, just what in the hell are companies like this thinking?  In the case of Naturally Cozy, I understand they bought the company from someone else ( I believe I’m remembering correctly ), plus they have to pay Rawles to give away their product as advertising.  Not cheap.  Rawles has to support a whole tribe with his “USA Yuppie Scum Today” site.  He is probably semi-retired, as writing one decent book really took it out of him these last almost three decades ( his last one, the new nation in Africa, is insanely stupid, being nothing more than a shopping trip without a credit card limit, blessed by God ).

*

When times are good, people have money to spend on top notch items like a supply of menstrual pads starting at several HUNDRED bucks.  When times are lean, they buy the diapers and make it themselves for one twentieth the price.  And for the love of all that is good and holy, don’t supposed prepper advertisers believe the economy is getting worse?  How can they not, unless their target audience are just customers and the selection criteria is business only rather than philosophical?  Does anyone think I’m in this business just to make money?  No, I’m on a mission and money is my eventual reward for a yeoman job.  But I don’t expect to send my kid to college.

*

Nor do I expect to drive a car on my writing income.  Or pay rent.  Or buy all that much in prepping items.  I lower my expectations closer to Turd World Country ( god, I love that play on words-not sure who I stole that from ) incomes rather than upper middle class ones, like all these fools do.  It seems as if 99% of all companies strive to snag, by nook or by crook, the higher income customers. Which are a shrinking pool!  That is stupid enough, because you are voluntarily pull-by-dating your business, but then you pick a business that is all but unnecessary?  Are people retarded, blissfully unaware, or just retarded?  Continued tomorrow.

END ( today's related link https://amzn.to/2JvpqFr )
 
Please support Bison by buying through the Amazon ad graphics at the top of the page ( or from www.bisonbulk.blogspot.com ).
*** Unless you are in extreme poverty, spend a buck a month here, by the above donation methods or buy a book. If you don't do Kindle, send me the money and I'll e-mail it to you in a PDF file.  If you donated, you may request books no charge.   My e-mail is: jimd303@reagan.com  My address is: James M Dakin, 181 W Bullion Rd #12, Elko NV 89801-4184
*** Pay your author-no one works for free.  I’m nice enough to publish for barely above Mere Book Money, so do your part.*** junk land under a grand *  Lord Bison* my bio & biblio*   my web site is www.bisonprepper.com *** Wal-Mart wheat***Amazon Author Page
* By the by, all my writing is copyrighted. For the obtuse out there

 

16 comments:

  1. Both. Blissfully unaware thus retarded in thinking. Also just plain old short bus to school retarded. The root cause is the fourty years of dumbed down education system by products combined with the consumerist retail only economy pushed by madison avenue advertising mental programing. Plastic cards for payments instead of cash/accountability is enabling stupidity like a needle exchange program. Once the full on collapse kicks society in the groiners, folks will be so tightwad cheapskates they will make the thrifty jewish folks look like big spending sailors on shore leave.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Short buses, because retards need to be programmed also.

      Delete
  2. Rawles still around? I thought he ascended to heaven to be with Jesus since they are so close. The only thing worse in my estimation than a gun nut patriot fanatic is a Bible thumping gun nut patriot fanatic! I liked his book. But hey, I bought it at a thrift store for a dollar. Some of us live in the real world. It gets cold and hot, you get hungry and sick. Shit happens! Rawles behaves like he will never run out of ammo or food because he is one of the "chosen". Plus, a lot us were in the military! He thinks his service to the Military Industrial Complex was "special". I decided years ago to forget about him and I did successfully until you had to go and bring the pompous asshole up again! I'd rather read about frigging wheat buckets!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What, white flour in two liter bottles the other day wasn't enough? I can certainly do wheat buckets if you'd like-I haven't in some time :)

      Delete
    2. 10:07 is showing a point that there sure is a wide ranging spectrum of the prepper/survivalist/etc. "Community". Unfortunately there may be a bit of fatricide and feeding upon their own as real pressure of a 'true-dat' collapse occurs and things are sporty. Not picking sides as I am a lone wolf puppy out in the hinterland, just making an observation for minions to proceed cautiously and accordingly.

      Delete
    3. Fratricide. Sorry. I didn't know the definition and tried looking it up. Don't mean to nitpick. If anyone is guilty of the practice, it is I. I just do so with far more panache :)

      Delete
    4. "fatricide”


      I wonder if the misspelling was intentional, and a play on words, and that he really meant the harvesting of fat people post-collapse?

      Because I gotta say, I’m not all that opposed to the idea, as long as Rosie O’Dumbbell is first on the list :D

      Delete
    5. Ya wonder why she just can't die of a heart attack already. Maybe the pedophile Satan worshippers supply her with fresh virgin blood to rejuvenate.

      Delete
    6. fat people aren't good to eat but are a good source of lamp oil and leather!

      Delete
    7. A new meaning to "kid" leather. Feed the remains to a separate herd of pigs, for dog food, or for trade ham.

      Delete
    8. Fat people are pre-bio-Diesel for Federal black Diesel Suburbans. Roll them out of the financed used car (29.99%!)and lure with fastfood franchise signs in the same manner as "Shanghai'd" sailors in Portland Oregon bars.

      Delete
    9. I didn't realize the San Francisco legend was the same in Portland.

      Delete
  3. I loved your statement about crapping the britches in a car accident.
    I used to work for a shop that did police tows and have dealt with the remains of an accident several times. My boss used to drop them in the middle of the yard in case they caught fire and then it was on me to move them in the morning.
    After a night cooking in NC weather, I can tell you some of them were ripe.

    As to the rag thing, aren't there cups they can use and wash? At least buy a multi pack of sponges.They do make nice battle dressings though.

    Lastly, the fact you make any money at all means people like your message and the only thing a contracting economy can do is make you more popular. Contracting you asked? yes. even though jobs are up, I expect inflation to jump as well. Maybe another subject you can analyze and write on

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't listen to MSM economics any more. Fooled for too many years as it was. The jobs and unemployment figures are unicorn glitter. I did an article not too far back on my theory unemployment was 28-35%, roughly. And that was just using their own numbers on "out of the labor pool".

      Delete
    2. Even the mainstream reporting has said the overall good economy is due to 40% of people doing somewhat better. The bottom 60% of the economic serfs are doing worse over time, more debt, barely figuring how to get from paycheck to paycheck.

      Delete
    3. Still BS. Under report inflation, count illusionary stock or housing gains, etc. 40% my ass. Perhaps 10%. Usually they just do a per capita income or an average wage and the gains at the very top then are disguised.

      Delete

COMMENTS HAVE BEEN CLOSED