Tuesday, June 5, 2018

FEMA camp 2 of 2 ( 2nd of 2 articles today )


FEMA CAMP 2
( 2nd of 2 articles today )
*
note: free book.  Zombies https://amzn.to/2J8khCS . 
*
It is my contention that FEMA camps are psych-ops by the elite and they are impossible anyway due to infrastructure contraction.  Far more practical for social control and energy efficiency is to centralize the majority of the population in population centers, cities ( here I include suburbs, a true extension of the city.  For now ).  No nefarious Doctor Evil plan ( one MILLION dollars!! ), just the profits of business and the outlawing of the opting out of the money economy.  Then globalization and financialization.   The last Back To The Land movement was easily financed by local mom & pop jobs.  That option has been closed, and the far worse telecommuter positions being both more scarce and far less secure.

*

Unsustainable debt by local governments ( as the Feds fell in love with unfunded mandates, the local governments grew ), not to mention overpopulation, led to rocketing property tax.  No longer could you opt out of farming with a side job in town.  You couldn’t JUST grow your own food and be excused from participating in the labor economy ( which was contracting along with conventional oil supplies ).  So you got a lot of writers growing their own food writing about farming and self-sufficiency, glorifying the wonderfulness of fresh foods you could use to weather the collapse.

*

But they don’t exactly point out the flaws of that system, an outside income and the levels of debt fertile land commands.  If you find junk land where you can build up the soil, you still need outside income both because you’ll need to buy your food from the market for some time, plus you’ll be taxed on the infrastructure needed for that food production ( fencing, outhouses, road improvement, greenhouse ).  The only way to opt out of the job market is to go on Food Stamps and live life in genteel poverty, AFTER stocking up on a lifetime of consumables.  The government can still easily screw you.

*

I hear you scoffing at our cities being concentration camps.  Granted, the current locations are merely embryo’s.  They are too large.  Yet the last ten years show an ever bigger trend, that of shrinkage ( I was in the pool! ).  The cost of commuting has more than doubled ( sure, let’s keep the gasoline price stable-ish.  They won’t notice auto prices doubling or insurance rates rocketing ).  The cost of shelter has more than doubled.  If you want to opt out of the bigger contraction, training as a mandarin for the 9%, college has more than doubled.  Quadrupling medical costs put further pressure on.  The natural trend is going to be more centralization. 

*

Less commuting, not more.  Or no commuting.  Or bicycle commuting.  More sharing of houses, or houses turned into apartments.  The reversal of longer commutes to afford housing has to unfold.  And where is retail going to crater, quickest?  The suburbs and small towns, where the population densities are no longer sufficient.  The pressure will be to move closer to the jobs in the cities.  This has been the case since industrialism began, globally.  How do you envision this NOT increasing exponentially?

*

Rural areas are already losing shopping and services and infrastructure ( while not necessarily seeing a lowering of taxes ).  If the cost of living is higher, but that is where the jobs are, how do the majority not move closer to the city?  And remember, transportation is moving back to a luxury.  You’ll eventually be unable to car commute, or even own a car.  The cities will pull back their lost population, the suburbanites.  If you think the cities are bad now, with crime and Muzzy immigration, wait until densities increase as the Happy Motoring paradigm collapses.

*

But here is the thing.  Moving back to the jobs is only a short term solution.  How much simpler can I make this?  Jobs today are based on oil consumption.  Period.  With carbon fuel supplies seeing a decrease in their net energy, the trend is less and less jobs.  City dwellers are looking at more crime, more congestion, more taxes, more gun control and more negative everything, AS jobs disappear.  You are jumping from the frying pan into the fire, moving or staying in the city.  You don’t want to live in the country because it will be so much better, but because it will be less worse. 

*

You are avoiding the FEMA camp, and that is about the best you can hope for.  Think about the fabled concentration camp of post apocalypse or dystopia lore.  No weapons are allowed.  You are told where to sleep.  Complaining about the accommodations can get you killed.  The guards use one group against another as a control mechanism.  The guards won’t stop you being attacked, but will attack you if you fail to follow the rules.  The authorities know exactly where you are, and monitor and track you.  You have no idea what the mystery meat is.

*

That isn’t just the FEMA camp, my friends.  That also describes the big cities today, even, or especially, in this Land Of The Free.  That is what you are avoiding by leaving or staying out of the big city.  The rural areas have their own issues.  Meth labs.  Grinding poverty.  Much faster disintegrating infrastructure.  Very important, there are few jobs.  Giving up the car, learning to live frugally, having no debt, not having a trophy wife.  This is the price you pay to stay out of the camp.  Big city living is no longer just about the dangers you’ve been warned about the last few decades. 

*

It isn’t just about crime or a crowded existence without the chance to own your semi auto plastic poodle shooters.  It is now about avoiding the box cars.  The cities will be the work camps.  Easily controlled, you’ll be drafted into labor gangs.  When you stay in the cities, they will work you to death.  If you stay in the cities and rebel, you’ll take a short ride to the killing fields ( not SoyLent Green, but corpse fertilizer for the soil unable to be fed with imported nitrates anymore ).  In the country, you’ll probably just be left to rot, the existing population producing its own warlords to oppress you. 

*

I don’t know about you, but the country still seems preferable.  At least you have a small chance of escaping, fighting back or winning the struggle for dominance.  Think about it.  Cities are no longer just a nuclear target.  That at least would be mercifully short on suffering.  No, now they are FEMA camps.  Is your job, a job that is not very secure or stable, worth that?

END ( today's related link https://amzn.to/2xwgmKW )
 

Please support Bison by buying through the Amazon ad graphics at the top of the page ( or from www.bisonbulk.blogspot.com ). ***You can make donations or book purchases through PayPal ( www.paypal.me/jimd303 )
*** Unless you are in extreme poverty, spend a buck a month here, by the above donation methods or buy a book. If you don't do Kindle, send me the money and I'll e-mail it to you in a PDF file.  If you donated, you may request books no charge.   My e-mail is: jimd303@reagan.com  My address is: James M Dakin, 181 W Bullion Rd #12, Elko NV 89801-4184
*** Pay your author-no one works for free.  I’m nice enough to publish for barely above Mere Book Money, so do your part.*** junk land under a grand *  Lord Bison* my bio & biblio*   my web site is www.bisonprepper.com *** Wal-Mart wheat***Amazon Author Page
* By the by, all my writing is copyrighted. For the obtuse out there

 

51 comments:

  1. Exactly. Cities just serves as a hub for the excessive populations. The suburbs even a hundred miles away are attached by parasite tentacles.The fake created money is injected by many various methods and it is a recirculation blender to sustain the many micro/macro enterprises even at zero profit or benefit. Legalized marijuana-smuggled drugs-flowing alcohol-prescribed meds all numb the populations to that like the chinese who get accustomed to always bumping elbows in crowds and standing assholes to belly buttons in lines. There is enough laws regulations ordinances company rules to leash up the citizenry. Find or know of an area totally non-grided,not recreationaly visited,devoid of economic uses. Stay loose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The rural areas are also stuffed with excess population. Almost as dependent, if not as dependent. Don't credit country folks with any more intelligence or moral fiber, unless you get to know them ( same with judging city folk ) first.

      Delete
  2. You really can't do the food stamp thing anymore, 90 days is the max unless you are going to school or working, and when I tried it and got a job, they cut me back to 15 dollars a month for wages at 9 bucks an hour and part time to boot.

    Plus it gives the government the opportunity to have their social workers visit you anytime they want. For folks considering that route, you have been warned.

    Country living is preferable, but be aware you are subject to the whims of the local authorities if you do anything out of the ordinary, BPOD'S ,living off grid, composting toilets,etc. The game warden in my area went around with me a few times when I first moved here, but we have reached a truce. He actually is a decent fellow once someone pulls his head out of his butt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you want food stamps semi-permanently, be homeless. Or at least don't own any assets so you look homeless.

      Delete
    2. I've been on FS for around 7yrs now in Michigan.

      Delete
    3. True enough, but don't go to SC or ME to do it.There are a few other states much the same way. 90 days is it.

      Delete
    4. You'd think there would be a safeguard from the feds about that. Starven Marvins aren't good for law and order.

      Delete
    5. You would think so, but states are going broke from federal mandates. They can't handle the load anymore

      Delete
    6. Ah, okay. Makes perfect sense. I had forgotten part of Food Stamps was on the states. No wonder Obammy pumped up the numbers-he only paid for some of it. Okay, I just looked it up on DuckDuckGo. The feds pay ALL benefits. The states only pay for part of the administration costs. Well, rich bitches in SUV's need their roads smooth and wide, so screw the poor. I thought I paid more than enough in state taxes so they can do both, but I guess I'm wrong. Another worry. Great.

      Delete
    7. https://www.cbpp.org/research/state-budget-and-tax/president-trumps-budget-would-shift-snap-costs-to-states-increasing

      Read it, SJW cost has been shifting to the state level for a while

      Delete
    8. Yikes. Yet...did that law actually pass? Or was it just a proposal?

      Delete
    9. I can't find anything actual, but 15 states have passed laws limiting food stamps. You tell me

      Delete
    10. Sounds like a toss-up and could go either way. On the one hand, states are going crazy ignoring fed law. On the other hand, it passed as Trump was kissing state ass and saving them a few % budget.

      Delete
  3. Once again I think you have hit the nail on the head. You continually come up with things that I have never thought about. That, and your hair, are why I look forward each day to what you write!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Less hair allows more air into your brain :) Unless you are bald, which is a sign of something bad. Perhaps communism.

      Delete
  4. On another note, Houston is the perfect example of FEMA style encampments. Twice now they have either suffered a diaster, or housed others after one.

    Good luck walking down the street after dark on Pittsburgh or Airport without protection, even the homeless advoid the area.

    You can get generous benefits, but you better expect random knocks on the door. Street corners filled with men looking for a few hours of work.

    Folks camped out under the bridges that cross the bayous are the good guys, but rightfully protective of their spots. Even if it is tantamount to suicide if they stay there during a storm.

    Short end to this story is rely on your wits, and stay far away from population centers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Damn, another perfect example. I could have stretched this bastard out another day or two!

      Delete
  5. Jim 486 urban areas accounted for 72% of USA citizens and growing as of 2010. most urban are can be travel contained with a dozen check points like TSA. Fema camps ready made. To make everyone food stamp dependent just offer 100 in food dollars for 80 cash like many restaurant sell gift cards. Boom its done and voluntary. In WWII Jewish camps were inner city ghetto's with check points No building needed

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If our glorious fascist overlords could pull it off in Poland, they can certainly do it again here.

      Delete
  6. "If you find junk land where you can build up the soil”


    If you get lucky and find that you have reasonable soil, you can probably amend it to get the PH levels right, and add some humus to keep it loose. Horse stables are all too happy to allow you to shovel the manure from the stalls. Raised beds or tire gardens (Kurt Saxon style) might be a good way to go if you have to bring in soil, but not as stealthy.

    With the last few major incidents that have gone down in the bigger cities, it now seems to be common policy for the police to impose a sort of martial law (Recall the Boston marathon bombing, where the police ordered residents from their homes at gunpoint, hands on heads, and performed warrant-less searches) An incident of this nature even happened in the small town where I live (warrant-less searches). So I can totally see your “Escape from New York” style scenario playing out in the cities.

    I looked into the food stamps here in Kalifornia. I didn’t see anything mentioning time limits, however you did have to perform a work search, the same as you would on unemployment. Since I did manage to secure an under the table gig that’s likely far better than anything that I could find legitimately, I didn’t want to take any chances and mess that up (White, hetero dudes in their 50’s, are on the negative side of the hiring hierarchy scale).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It almost seems like you need to become homeless, get free medical to "prove" you have a medical disability, then get assistance. I don't care for this withdrawal of the safety net, even if I was hoping I'll never have to use it.

      Delete
    2. I suppose that you could say that I do get the free medical Jim. Following my job loss in 2015, I made a phone call to Covered CA. Once I informed them that I was jobless, they sent my records to Medi-Cal, and I’ve been on that ever since. I’ve never used it, so I can’t say how good it is. But since my own anecdotal observations on even those that are insured legitimately (for example my father when he had cancer) are poor, I’d say that it couldn’t suck too much worse than a paid for plan.

      Basically, unless it’s a really minor procedure, or something that a vaccine can remedy, make sure that your will is in place, and have your final arrangements in order before heading down to the hospital.

      I can’t say if it’s due to affirmative action type admittance policies (which I wouldn’t doubt) H-1B visa’s, or a combination of these policies. But the modern medical establishment has become a comedy of errors. But if you’re forced to have to rely on it, you won’t be laughing.

      Delete
    3. The free medical was meant just to get you evaluated for an approved disease/condition to get you on welfare. I certainly wouldn't want those hacks trying to save my life.

      Delete
    4. Actually, I’m not on welfare, or any other public assistance, barring the medical that is. When I called Covered CA and reported my job loss, they automatically sent my records to Medi-Cal.

      I’d be a liar though if I said that my pride would prevent me from accepting welfare if I was eligible for it. I put in over 30 years in the workforce, crawling on my belly through the broken glass of human resources (Phil Garlington quote, half ass paraphrased). I’m 54, which means that I have another 8 years to qualify for early SS (which I’m praying like a motherf’er is still around by then!). Though I did luck out and secure a cushy job helping out a relative (part time, under the table, but more than enough to pay my minimal bills).

      Delete
    5. I'm one year behind you. Here's to hoping the pie doesn't shrink before our time :)

      Delete
    6. You might not get that SS.

      When I had my heart problems, I could no longer work. I tried for a couple years but I physical can't be relied on anymore.

      I tried for disability and found out that since I hadn't worked for the last couple of years, I was not able to get ANY SS.

      If you don't work the last 10yrs prior trying to getting SS, you don't get it.

      Delete
    7. I was under the impression you were eligible as long as your lifetime contribution was X amount of time.

      Delete
    8. The SS people kept on telling me that the last ten yrs mattered. The also said you need so many points.

      But they kept harping on the "Last ten yrs." like it was something they learned at a seminar.

      Delete
    9. That’s some really terrible news if true. And it’s not as if anyone wants to hire white dudes in their 50’s, so you’re screwed either way. I’ll have to look into this. I had already planned on the desert hermit strategy, with the silver coins for property taxes, and the long term food stores. But in light of the scenario mentioned by EC, it’s not as if I would have even had a choice in the matter.

      Delete
    10. I wonder if SS is similar to the post office. You can't get the same answer from anyone. I know I'm close enough to poverty without giving SS 15% on to of dwindling income. Well, it bears further investigation anyway.

      Delete
    11. Okay, I did a little research Jim, and here is what I have found so far. Since EasyCompany wasn’t working following his condition, he was unable to apply for the disability portion of SS (FICA). The FICA portion of SS is just like having health insurance. If you are not paying into it actively, it goes away. I recommend that he look at the first link below for more information.

      “In most cases, if you have not worked in the past ten years, you will be ineligible for Social Security Disability Insurance benefits.”

      “There is a notable exception to this rule, however. If you can prove that your disability started before the date that your Social Security Disability Insurance ran out (known as the Date Last Insured, or DLI), you may still be eligible for Social Security Disability benefits.”

      “If you are disabled and unable to work, but are not qualified for Social Security Disability Insurance benefits, you may still qualify for Supplemental Security Income on the basis of your disability. “

      https://www.disabilitybenefitscenter.org/faq/receive-social-security-disability-havent-worked


      As for you and I, I think that we might be okay. But I’ll do more research to be damn sure! The link below is for foreign workers, but I don’t think it matters, because it lists the minimum that you would have to work to qualify for SS.

      “Social Security Retirement Benefits
      To qualify for Social Security Retirement Benefits you must have worked for at least 10 years for a total of 40 Social Security credits.”

      http://www.foreignborn.com/self-help/social_sec/7earning_credits.htm

      Delete
    12. Could be.

      I kept having people at SS tell me that I qualified for disability then say that I don't.

      Same with lawyers: "Yes, you are able to get SS disability" and then nothing.

      God only knows, since I can't seem to ever get a straight answer from anyone.

      Delete
    13. 8:10-much appreciated with the effort. That ten years sounds familiar, so I figured I was safe having worked 34. As for medical, I can't see missing it with the exponential decline in service in that industry. They'll cry "compassionate pain management" and stick me on opioids and I'll die much quicker, and still in pain.

      Delete
    14. I just went through this. Anon 8;10 is right if you have 20 quarters in the last 10 years which is 40 possible . you draw SSI disability. If you didn't have 20 quarters. everyone is eligible for supplemental security income if unable to work.

      Delete
    15. having gone through this (over the last 3 years) I would recommend in California that you go to the county social services agency and apply for food stamps(approx.$190) and cash aid (approx.$170) for a single person. They will require and help you apply for supplemental security income. If you apply for SS disability income at Social Security also apply for supplemental security too. Supplemental security is easier to get. The drug addicts use this as their qualifier for it. Expect 2-3 years for a hearing where you will be awarded SSDI.

      Medi-cal is great if you need medications like insulin. No charge for meds, you just need a prescription. But getting an appointment with a medi-cal doctor is almost impossible. I went to a cash pay doctor who supplied the prescription and medi-cal will fill it. They also will help with the paperwork needed for SSDI. DO NOT expect any help from medi-cal doctors or staff with SSDI paperwork.

      Delete
    16. They probably don't understand the paperwork themselves.

      Delete
    17. I’m the CA poster from above. Good info 8:48, thanks! Also, I’ve included the link below for CA residents, so that you can do this all online.

      The only reason that I didn’t apply for food stamps is because you now have to show a work search (the same as you would if you’re on unemployment). And since I have a pretty decent under the table gig, that’s better than I could probably get working for some company, I didn’t want to risk it.

      Sadly, if you’re a white, non-fudge packing dude in your 50’s, your employment options are pretty close to zero. Though I could probably be a Walmart greeter if I wanted to be :D

      https://c4yourself.com/c4yourself/index.jsp

      Delete
    18. The job won't last too much longer, but how about "would you like fries with that?"

      Delete
    19. I live in a small town Jim, so it’s different here. But when I worked in the bay area prior to being laid off, you never saw anyone but immigrants working fast food anymore. The oriental that delivered the mail to my place of employment could barely even speak English. How the fuck did this dude pass the civil service exam and get a job like this? I guess the exam must have been available in his native tongue, because any conversation beyond “hi” “how are you?” or “have a good day” was lost on this dude.

      Delete
    20. Ah, good point. I've lived too long in WhiteBreadVille. Still a quarter Mexican, but not 50% like elsewhere, and near zero other immigrants, so it is easy to forget Not White is the new normal.

      Delete
  7. Fema camps are unnecessary. Give them all smart phones and wifi and they will walk into each other like zombies all day! Only thinking people would need locked up. How many of them are there?

    ReplyDelete
  8. James and 5:10,
    you may want to check on when you can draw SS retirement. I am 61 and I would not be able to draw early SS retirement until I am 65. The Government raised the retirement age based on your date of birth. Younger folks have a later age to qualify for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can get your SS at 62. You just won't get 100%. Your year of birth determines how much LESS you get at 62, not if you get it or not.

      Delete
    2. 5:10 here. Yes, I’ll have to check into it, but I’m pretty sure that you’re right Jim. We can collect at age 62, but with reduced benefits. Younger generations cannot, and I want to say that retirement age for the millennials is now around age 67. I had the link saved somewhere, but basically you can go to the SS site and sign up for an account to determine how much you will get.

      I was born in 1964, so technically I’m a boomer (I got the title by one year). I’m not waiting to 65 if I can help it, because let’s face it; every year past 50 is a crap shoot (assuming that it’s even still around).

      Delete
    3. Funny, isn't it? Nobody believed you even slowed down until mid-60's. I'd wager with honest statistics we would be rapidly approaching 100+ year old mortality rates. In large part to King Kenya ( although to be fair it would have happened anyway, sooner or later ). Now, I think the realization is sinking in anything over fifty is the New Miracle.

      Delete
    4. Lately I’ve been hearing that the millennials are expected to have an even shorter lifespan than their grandparents, and even great grandparents generation.

      I can tell you this much Jim. I’m 54, and with the way that I feel now, I can’t even imagine how someone even lives into their 80’s? (I hope like hell that I’m wrong though, and manage to cheat death long enough to achieve old age).

      Add in the fiasco that our health care system has become, and pray that you never face a serious ailment in your lifetime. Had someone told me how bumbling and incompetent it was, I probably wouldn’t have believed them until I witnessed it firsthand.

      Delete
    5. What pisses me off mostly is that I've always tried to live somewhat healthy. It didn't matter too much, with the wear and tear. I know I'd be much worse off if I hadn't, which I guess just shows you that good habits don't help you live longer, just better. But you are very correct-how the heck do people last to their 80's? My dad is 79 and he should have been dead at 64 from the heart attack ( traffic accident induced-he was a lifetime athlete ).

      Delete
  9. I have seen that info too about shorter lifespans for millennials. Could be because more hard drug use among some of them causing early deaths. I see the same argument saying that not getting married will cause a shorter lifespan among men. They probably don't factor in for the young men killed in battle before they were able to get married. Personally, I think marriage shortens men's lives. Who's life wouldn't be shorter having a bitchy old lady and a bunch of entitled brats that you are not allowed to beat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sad to say, but a beaten' stick is a very effective device for instilling discipline. Some people are just too stupid to figure out stuff on their own.

      Delete
    2. 12:57 here. As I recall, the shorter lifespans had more to do with obesity rates, and all the preservatives, GMO’s, and other crap that modern food contains.

      Also agree with 8:57 on marriage. I come from a long line of marriage 1.0’s and even the best of marriages go sour in the end. Both sets of grandparents slept in separate bedrooms in the end, so you know that there was little, to no intimacy at that point. That, and to be honest, even though I’m no spring chicken myself, I can’t imagine getting enough of an erection at the site of a naked broad my age, hard enough to penetrate her. If you only care about companionship, well, there is that I suppose, so long as she doesn’t drive you nuts (and good luck with that one).

      Also, even if I were young again, I would never have kids in America. I touched on some of the reasons why in this thread @ 3:00 PM:

      http://bisonprepper.blogspot.com/2018/06/bitches-didnt-fight-1-of-3.html?m=1#comment-form

      Delete

COMMENTS HAVE BEEN CLOSED