Tuesday, April 14, 2020

zombie apoc weapons book


ZOMBIE APOC WEAPONS BOOK
This book is an extension of a newsletter article I wrote that was inspired by a viewer suggestion on the Yankee Marshal YouTube channel. “If you were in the zombie apocalypse, and were traveling on foot, what are the four weapons you would choose? Melee, blade, pistol and rifle-choose one each”. I wrote the article because it was fun. Once I did that, at three times the length of a regular issue, I realized I still had a lot more to say. I said everything, but didn't have the space to explain my choices adequately.
*
And you all know how I simply adore explaining everything in detail, even on subjects you didn't realize you simply had to know about. And then, later, writing about it again, in even MORE detail. What can I say? I started writing almost thirty years ago, and didn't have the skill or research to expand ideas past a few sentences. Now it takes me a few books to do so. I hadn't retained what I read, and it took a lot more books to flesh out ideas, to start getting those of my own instead of simply borrowing. I stand before you now, proof that a life spent reading is not a waste of time.
*
Now, you should all know by now that I am NOT a huge zombie fan. The genre runs amok with lazy thinking and molesting tropes far past their expiration date. It has been so overdone that the horror element is largely absent. Just as “Beverly Hills 90210” ruined the “who are they sleeping with now” drama show, The Walking Dead largely killed the zombie show. I still have good memories of Melrose Place and Beverly Hills. I understand they were terrible TV, but the ex-wife and I pigged out on junk food and took a break from newborns ( and actually got along for a little while-although on her part the Dorito's and dip might have been the main attraction of her lust ) watching the two series. It was pure escapism.
*
You get four hours sleep a night and keep your mind right to resist that kind of trash TV. I don't think I could go back and rewatch them, and I won't. Sometimes distorted memories are best. But The Walking Dead? I have the first few years on DVD and I could never watch them a second time. I'm not sure why, other than, like a “who-done-it” movie knowing the end spoils it for you, perhaps. Or maybe, like nighttime soap operas, it just isn't all that great of a show and only was a one-off. I know the newer seasons I can't even watch the first time. It is just groaning zombies, no tension, no conflict. And recycled villains doesn't help.
*
Yeah, when the best part of a show is the weapon used ( Lucille the barbed wire bat, or even the Mini-14 in The A Team LOL ), your show has jumped the shark. At least The A Team and Melrose Place were pure crap from the very beginning, and never over promised then failed to deliver. I think the sense of betrayal has a lot to do with it. If you start out great, either stay that way or get out while you are ahead. I loved the anthropology aspects of the first few seasons, but certainly not the “milking this for money” central theme of the last ones. But it isn't ALL just Walking Dead, is it?
*
I have watched many a movie and read many a book on zombies. A very few are great, some are good, but most are crap. The genre can still be contributed to, but the overall direction is to wallow in a cesspool of completely talentless hack work. So no one, no I, not you and not even Ross Perot who isn't immune to our whims even six feet under, no one needed any more zombie entertainment. Why in the name of all that is just and holy am I even writing a booklet on the subject? As I said, it was fun. And fun has been a bit lacking as we have to deal with this giant crap sandwich of the central bank getting their toady governors to lock us all down so the elite can skim off the last wealth and then jet away to Switzerland ( New Zealand is for the elite wannabe's like Bill Gates )
*
( Who you have to laugh at. He was a punk ass bitch math nerd who couldn't get laid, who would have been a steaming pile of nothing had his parents not had wealth. Once he bought Windows and tweaked it so it worked worse, the money poured in and he went into a decades long overcompensation for all his faults, and tried to buy his way into the elite. If he had to kill off whole continents of Darkies with contaminated vaccines to do so, well, by gum, that is what he'd do. And then all the Cool Kid Elites STILL made fun of him and told him to piss off )
*
And besides, I'm LOSING readers during this Beer Virus. What In The Actual Hump? I'm putting up tasty tidbits of prepper goodness for their hopeless asses. Was it the Bottle Bidet article? Did I mock and ridicule Rawles too much? Did I not kiss the wrinkled arse of sell-out RINO Orange Man sufficiently? Not that I've ever really cared about increasing viewership, since it simply doesn't happen. It can edge up marginally, then lose most of the new arrivals once they see a picture of my magnificent hair and realize they can never be as studly as I. I get that. No hate. But to lose them while unemployment soars?
*
So, hey, I might as well just write about what makes me happy, as I usually have, and those that truly want to come along for a slightly psychedelic trip can, putting up with my areas of interest. Sweet Baby Jesus! Can you imagine how boring this would be if I just wrote about standard prepping advice? You pay for the extra thrills, and hence it shall be delivered. If I wanted to be like everyone else I'd grow Hippie Hair, buy an SUV, vote Republican and bitch about my wife who never puts out. I'd only buy freeze dried koala meat and shoot plastic poodle semi-auto goodness. I say, NAY! I shall spit in the face of diversity and embrace the slightly unacceptable. Join me, my long suffering minions!
*
In accordance with your unstated but obvious wishes, I'll try to keep these chapters posted one or two at a time only, and throw in other subjects in between. Just in case you grow weary or are less interested than myself.
( .Y. )
( today's related Amazon link click HERE )
*
note: field report on Lee reloading equipment HERE.  The user is happy with its longevity, just not its ease of use.  
*
note: as reported, the awesome movie The Big Short ( the 2008 housing collapse ) is on Tubi.  Here is a sweet quote at the 1:09 mark.  "Yes, there is some shady s**t going down.  But trust me, it is fueled by stupidity".  Sound familiar, about today's situation?
*
Please support Bison by buying through the Amazon links here ( or from http://bisonprepper.com/2.html or www.bisonbulk.blogspot.com ). Or PayPal www.paypal.me/jimd303 

*** Unless you are in extreme poverty, spend a buck a month here, by the above donation methods ( I get 4% of the Amazon sale, so you need to buy $25 worth for me to get my $1 ) or mail me some cash/check/money order or buy a book ( web site for free books, Amazon to pay just as a donation vehicle ).
*** My e-mail is: jimd303@reagan.com My address is: James M Dakin, 181 W Bullion Rd #12, Elko NV 89801-4184 ***E-Mail me if you want your name added to the weekly e-newsletter subscriber list.
*** Pay your author-no one works for free. I’m nice enough to publish for barely above Mere Book Money, so do your part.*** junk land under a grand **  Lord Bison** my bio & biblio***my web site is www.bisonprepper.com *** Wal-Mart wheat***Amazon Author Page***Screw the NRA, join the GOA HERE
* By the by, all my writing is copyrighted. For the obtuse out there






25 comments:

  1. “and actually got along for a little while-although on her part the Dorito's and dip might have been the main attraction of her lust”



    So, you’re suggesting that the ex was horizontally challenged? (That’s the politically correct way of saying fat). I also have it on good authority that Liberace was vaginally challenged. Guess what that’s a nice replacement word for :D

    Since you’re semi-into the zombie genre at the moment, you might check out an obscure Chuck Norris movie, by the title of “Silent Rage”. Unlike most of those cheesy martial arts movies, where the protagonist walks into a bar, and cleans out 30 buffed biker dudes (Which is complete BS, and I don’t care if you’re the grand puba of martial arts or not) this sucker can’t be killed!

    Incidentally, while we’re on the topic. I have heard that it is perfectly legal to own a flame thrower (And no, that’s not the same thing as midget tossing Richard Simmons :D ). Not saying it’s practical to have one. Though I can see how having one could prove to be useful under certain circumstances.

    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0084684/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_34

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The ex was pleasantly plump. To me, plump is desirable, especially up here in the cold, and is defined as "proportionate". If you lack proportionality, THEN you are just a fat slob. Well, thirty years of Dorito's and Ho-Ho's ( an apropos snack for her ) later, she turned into a beach ball. HA! Literally, she is a round ball with arms and legs. Like from Willie Wonka. I'm loving every second of her pain, suffering and humiliation. Jiggle THAT jelly roll for the boys, now. I haven't seen Silent Rage since it was first out on VHS. I'll see if my channels offer it. Thanks for the suggestion. Flame throwers are pretty cool, now that lawyer shy private companies are offering them, rather than Uncle Sugar who always has another soldier slave to replace your crisp ass. Only the cost kept me away.

      Delete
  2. Is it possible that your reduction in readership is from people who can't pay their internet bills?

    Or the truth scares them, so they run...rabbits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't think about the Internet bill ( even though I was just writing about it earlier today in a slightly different context ). That makes the most sense. Thank you. Biscuit for you, just because I feel like an idiot now ( don't tell the others! )

      Delete
    2. If somebody cannot pay their WorldWideWeb bill, they could just go to the government library to use the computers there.
      Oh, wait.
      The government libraries ARE ALL SHUT!
      I suppose this's fodder for another Bison series about fools with their treasured Masters Of Library Science degree stapled to their resume in search of a perpetual paycheck irregardless of experience or competence.

      And yes, 'irregardless' is a word.
      I know because I use it all the time.

      Delete
    3. I try not to engage in Grammer Nazi feuds :) Yeah, I wonder how long it will be before those businesses with Wi-Fi turn it off ( "cost cutting measures" ). One with any paranoia might surmise the closed libraries and sit down eateries was the first step in shutting down the Deplorables communication network.

      Delete

    4. "I try not to engage in Grammer Nazi feuds"

      That's a relief! I'd hate to see what happened to this Grammar Nazi happen to you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4vf8N6GpdM (about 3 minutes, from Collegehumor). You'd ruin your perfect hair and we'd miss out on your daily doses of Bison awesomeness!!!

      Delete
    5. Gott Im Himmel! That was friggin hilarious. Thank you!

      Delete
  3. "I say, NAY! I shall spit in the face of diversity and embrace the slightly unacceptable."

    Lord Bison, you just summed up my life since about age 14 in two sentences. How do you do it!?! Your wordplay is only eclipsed by your magnificent mane!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This stuff almost writes itself, subconscious hard at work while its meat puppet drinks coffee and picks his nose. Stupid meat puppet!

      Delete
  4. the best quote in the movie The Big Short is 'Truth is like poetry. And most people f**king hate poetry.'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Quoted as being heard in a bar. I actually remember that one. I'd love to see a compilation of quotes from the movie, for a better referencing/choices to pick from

      Delete
  5. What is it about apocalypse novels which have space debris center punching earth , always including a diabetic hero ?
    Finished Cannibal Reign and found it entertaining for the second go round. Fairly believable yet with enough action to keep it rolling along.
    Not quite the caliber of Lucifer's Hammer , however good enough for a top ten listing in the sub category of space rocks causing mayhem . Overall rating...within the top fifty.
    Just like Lucifer's a rushed incomplete ending needing a sequel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never really thought about it but I think you are right. LH did seem to need a continuation. As far as CR, I'm sure that the author was planning at least a series if not a sequel. But he seems to have stopped writing completely. You know who REALLY disappointed me? Michael Williamson with his "A Long Time Until Now". Five years and still no continuation of that series. I really loved the book and wanted more. Much better than his libertarian planet books ( except the one about the guerrilla warfare on Earth-pretty sweet ).

      Delete
  6. On that zombie apoc weapons thingy, yeah that subject matter can go much deeper than freeze dried, flirs, or unicorn furrier skills and kit topics for sure. I have to admit to heightened lizard brain and spidey senses activated by this beer virus malarkey tour. Carrying a side arm, blade, and torch flashlight everywhere, all the while obsessive compulsive doing patrols and infrastucture checks like a praetorian guard as anti scumbaggery efforts. I look at just about every implement or device to come up with a repurposing as a melee weapon in a bad b grade movie death scene. Adapt for the new era. Stay Armed And Frosty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep rearranging my weapons in home, trying to get optimal placement and shortest retrieval distance. Still not satisfied

      Delete
  7. Think positive about the readership decline. It may mean that more people are getting off the internet and desperately trying to finish their last-minute prep projects. That's reduced some of my internet time for sure.
    Romans 14:11

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You mean, I can't act selfishly? :)

      Delete
    2. Yep, they are still spazzing out like dorky chickens with flayling wings over beer virus. The walmart neighbor market in my Looser Vegas hood is still 50% depleted in non perishables and sanitation stocks. (Older legacy folks and working immigrants) They are voting with the old lady's egg and butter (or her web cam side biz money) money to lay in food. This many weeks in and it is still "Locust Shopping" striping of the shelves. No re-opening of the economy at any level is going to stop this train for quite a while. Go long in strategy. Stay stocked and frostiest.

      Delete
    3. Still leery of virus, so staying home, but total fear and paranoia is too much. Meat will be gone next. Our Dear Leaders are total idiots or totally evil. The next step is a doozie!

      Delete
  8. Resident Evil was a good movie series and it got worse as it aged but it was mostly good

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't stand them except the one in Vegas ( extinction? ). To me, that was the only one with a PA flavor.

      Delete
  9. This comment section's grammar has more mistakes than the DNA string of a kid at Chernobyl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you want good grammar, especially from me, it ain't happening here. But, very clever!

      Delete
  10. Yup. Gave up on the Walking Dead after you did, and regret that I spent too long watching it. It became just another "these people are bad" show. Now I watch "What We Do In The Shadows" because vampires can be funny.

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS HAVE BEEN CLOSED