Thursday, April 16, 2020

zombie apoc weapons book 2


ZOMBIE APOC WEAPONS BOOK 2
Yankee Marshal is one funny dude. No, I don't much care for most of his covered subject matter. I thought the werewolf silver bullets were simply too far over the top. And I certainly don't care what revolvers are the best. As if I'm ever going to put down serious coin on the high dollar crap they have out there today. Most major gun makers are near or at bankruptcy ( like most large corporations ) and their products reflect that. I NEVER had a dud firing box after box of Remington Wal-Mart Special ( aka “crap” ) rimfire, prior to Wally AND Remington going to hell after 2008.
*
I think Savage is still hanging in there with decent quality, but that is a red letter day whenever that happens, isn't it? The exception proving the rule. I'm not about to gamble with my dwindling supply of currency on a major gun maker NOT screwing me like a prison bitch. Oh, I IMAGINE prison bitches are fun to rape, what with fresh anal virginity and no HIV or hepatitis yet, but the fun is all one way, the pitcher rather than the catcher. Best to avoid the whole experience, from both parties. And Yankee Marshal does drone on about the best revolvers. But I don't watch him for that.
*
Like all of you, I am hopelessly stuck in the modern Bread & Circuses, shoveling corn syrup derivatives into my pie hole as I go Full Zombie in front of the Glass Teet. Go on, admit it! You watch far more TV than you should ( I dislike most people who go evangelical over giving up the sweet, sweet drug of mindless entertainment. You might have given up TV shows, but then, most of us get hooked on the Internet or DVD's, don't we? Same, same, you sanctimonious prick ). I may learn very little from Yankee Marshal ( I always learn something though ), but he is VERY entertaining.
*
I'm not sure why most people dislike him. I think it is because he is usually always right, and suffers fools none at all. I would say “I know the feeling”, but I'm not sure I can get away with that. Far too many minions get butt hurt sensitive when I insist they suck on their views about semi-auto's, automobiles or lack of sufficient fear and loathing over Peak Oil. Why does it have to be MY fault they are wrong? Sure, none of us appreciate being told we are wrong. But it isn't my fault I'm the only one never wrong! LOL
*
Underneath the zany fun of talking about zombie weapons, there are good points pondered and brought up. So it IS entertaining, but also thought provoking. Because there are rarely any wrong answers equipping for combat before you ever see any ( insofar as even the most researched and well thought out gear still needs to be combat proven ), talking out the process can be a good teaching tool. The more people that play this game of “weapons against zombies”, the more likely your choices of actual apocalypse tools can be semi-tested BEFORE your life is on the line.
*
For instance, Yankee Marshal is discussing swords, and mentions that since he isn't trained in their use, he would probably be far more dangerous to himself than any zombie. It was a good lesson, even if delivered as a humorous aside. What other gear should you avoid as it is only a force multiplier with proper training? Many knives are better suited to a well trained bladesman, and for the novice, the best bet might just be a short stabber, as the only way you are going to survive a knife fight is to get close by blocking his knife arm and striking quickly ( as opposed to fancy moves and counter-moves ).
*
Granted, with zombies it is a bit different. They only have teeth and fingernails as weapons. If I was facing an opponent with a knife, the better bet is to just run away ( if they have a gun, run towards, if it is close range. Long range? You ain't a Green Beret. Run Away! ) rather than trying to pretend to be Jim Bowie. The lesson being, a knife is NOT a weapon you are good with, so only have it as a Better Than Nothing last ditch emergency weapon. So it need not be fancy. And might be better chosen as a camp tool than a weapon.
*
What about that fancy hunk of glass atop your rifle? I'm not a sniper. I'm not a marksman. I pretty much suck at anything not a rimfire. So I only put a scope on a 22. But it would be wasted on any other long arm. I know the equipment won't make me any better, without oodles of practice. I know my limitations, so I don't go Full Retard on too much weapon. I don't treat my pistol as a aimed weapon ( I have an issue closing one eye with a pistol, but not a rifle. Don't ask me why. I just know I'm marginal on a centerfire rifle and even worse with a sidearm ). It is a pointed one.
*
I don't have a huge ego attached to my being a survivalist. Most folks attitude is “your life depends on it, you better master that skill”. I know that isn't how things work. No one has the time and certainly not the attributes to master too many tasks. The military taught me that rather well ( they try the same approach trying to produce Super Soldiers, but it is all superficial. Teaching doesn't produce perfection, only practice. And practice is always lacking ). So to me? I have a certain fatalistic attitude towards training and equipment. I either pass/fail on the mandatory On The Job Training.
*
But I also am a bit more realistic with my equipment, for the fact I DON'T assign supernatural abilities to any of it. Which a lot of people do, caught up in the Master Of All Tasks they think is possible and desirable. So beware. My choices are NOT for “the best”. They are for what is most practical. In a realistic scenario where almost none of you know what the heck you are doing ( and I include myself in that category. But I also know how much of The Military Way is bullcrap. I will NOT be genuflecting and worshiping at their camo plated feet for the simple fact that Imperial Yankee logistics will not be available ).
( .Y. )
( today's related Amazon link click HERE )
*
note: the kindle version of BBBno17 is HERE.  ONLY buy if you want to donate to me.  The free PDF version link is at my web site ( new dudes-all contact info is in the small print at the end of every article ).
*
note: remember me telling you the ( old ) weekly special at Krogers was the generic coffee, buy five for $20?  Yeah, well, that coffee SUCKS!  It is the same brand we've been drinking for years, but they changed it somehow.  Both I and the NOL noticed an off taste, and we both have had the coffee upsetting our stomachs more the longer we've been drinking it.  It goes in deep storage for either barter or BTN last use.  I won't be buying that brand again.  Word of warning.  Coffee is too important to screw around with.  I can handle bottom of the barrel generic, but this crap was just too nasty.  Like Juan Valdez's ( HERE ) donkey rubbed his ass in it.  
*
note: free for today book, EMP HERE 
*
Please support Bison by buying through the Amazon links here ( or from http://bisonprepper.com/2.html or www.bisonbulk.blogspot.com ). Or PayPal www.paypal.me/jimd303 

*** Unless you are in extreme poverty, spend a buck a month here, by the above donation methods ( I get 4% of the Amazon sale, so you need to buy $25 worth for me to get my $1 ) or mail me some cash/check/money order or buy a book ( web site for free books, Amazon to pay just as a donation vehicle ).
*** My e-mail is: jimd303@reagan.com My address is: James M Dakin, 181 W Bullion Rd #12, Elko NV 89801-4184 ***E-Mail me if you want your name added to the weekly e-newsletter subscriber list.
*** Pay your author-no one works for free. I’m nice enough to publish for barely above Mere Book Money, so do your part.*** junk land under a grand **  Lord Bison** my bio & biblio***my web site is www.bisonprepper.com *** Wal-Mart wheat***Amazon Author Page***Screw the NRA, join the GOA HERE
* By the by, all my writing is copyrighted. For the obtuse out there


38 comments:

  1. New minion here. OT but I thought you might enjoy reading "The Brehon Laws" by Laurence Ginnell published 1894. (Google Books) Of particular interest are the social classifications starting with chapter 5. I find it to be quite elegant in that it's merit based and disallows the stupid to rise to power. It's no wonder the Irish still hate the English to this day! Their system worked pretty well until the Danes and the Normans invaded and the implementation of Roman law.

    "No person not of age, stupid, blind, deaf, deformed, or otherwise defective in mind or body, or for any reason whatsoever unfit to discharge the duties of the public position, or unfit worthily to represent the manhood of the community, could be chosen for king or could hold the kingship ; even a blemish on the face was a disqualification. Here were requirements enough,
    positive and negative, which not every man could
    satisfy. The method of choosing the king was not
    fully one of merit, nor fully elective, nor fully hereditary, but a combination of all three"

    Kings (clan chieftains) were charged with protecting the welfare of the people and could be ousted for dereliction of duties. Those persons of "inferior grade" without full rights of citizenship could form a guild and were given waste land to cultivate for 10 years qualifying for one of them to act on behalf of the group. They dealt with minor criminals by demoting them to farm laborers where they could work their way back up depending on good behavior. Of course, this system was tribal/community based and wouldn't work so well with ah...diversity.

    -Robin Banks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Don't know if I'll get to it, but I appreciate it.

      Delete
    2. "No person not of age, stupid, blind, deaf, deformed, or otherwise defective in mind or body, or for any reason whatsoever unfit to discharge the duties of the public position, or unfit worthily to represent the manhood of the community..."

      Methinks most of the assembled 69th Pedal Pushers are unfit for service based on these qualifications. That's why we dont live in Rawlsland.
      Lol

      Delete
    3. The Pedal Pushers are certainly NOT in RawlesLand, but rather The Great Basin. Rawles has gone out of his way to exclude Nevada, and we thank him for the favor. Suck on our Libertarian gambling, all night drinking and legal whores, church boy! I can't argue with the unqualified part, though :)

      Delete
    4. I only mentioned it as a guide for the millenials and genXers that are going to rebuild (hopefully) after this bitch burns down. Historically, after pent up anger gets released, the pendulum swings full tilt and we get Oliver Cromwell for a few years. I won't be around for the next empire but wouldn't it be swell for the prodigy if it wasn't based on infinite growth and the shouting of moar! moar! moar!

      -Robin

      Delete
    5. Now that two continents are depleted and the oil runs down, I don't think we'll ever see this kind of growth again. As Martha says, it's a good thing.

      Delete
  2. I did quite a bit of research into the building of an AR prior to building one and found a lot of motherfuckers out there talking shit with very little to no ass to back it up. Mostly, it seems, fat asses making more money than they deserves, spending it stupidly and talking long shit at everybody that disagrees with them. Didn't take long for me to not suffer them, and move on. I was looking for serious answers and in this day and age where most people seem to have the mind of a child, that search is arduous at best.

    I deeply comparison shopped every single component before throwing it in the cart and then let it set for a week while I continued to shop. I was always 2nd guessing myself. Well, actually 2nd guessing the choices available to me. The amount of bullshit one must wade through these days is breath taking, and tiresome.

    Anyway, my gun cost about $2500 and the glass was another $244.27 delivered (amazon prime). It is a Barska AC12138 1x-6x variable. It has the red or green aperture and flip up covers both ends. It didn't come with the 1/2" quick disconnect riser which mine is mounted on.

    Most of the fat ass loud talkers out there will tell you my gun deserves glass that costs as much as the gun itself, and they will justify that by asking, "How much is your life worth?" Well, if that is their measurement, my answer is, "After 2 years and 3000 rounds my $244 scope was a good decision and you can stick your $2k glass tube up your fat ass."

    Once again, it ain't how much you have buy rather how you manage it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are justifying "only" spending $250. To me, that is very high dollar indeed. I can't imagine the peacock feathers needed to buy above that level. Who is THAT good, beyond those folks who get Uncle Sugar ( or Chief Wiggum ) to buy the scope for them?

      Delete
    2. Agreed, that $244 was quite a shock for me too. Took a week to come to terms with it. Prior to that the most I ever spent on a scope was about $90 for a 4x Simmons on my Marlin model 60 .22.

      Just bought this one a couple weeks ago for my Remington 870 12 ga. (looks like it's sold out now, I paid about $65 for it.) https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07Q4M7CVG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

      Delete
    3. Of course, now scopes are worth twice the money ( or twice as acceptable of a purchase ) with ammo price hikes and shortages.

      Delete
  3. I agree with the Kroger coffee, it blows big time. They shall not get any more of my coffee dollars.

    Look, I take my mud pretty seriously. Juan Valdez regularly vacay's in the baja on my dime. But I'm also a realist and I'm not wealthy. Oh dear. What to do, what to do? Well, I figured it out. It took decades of evolution to get to where I am right now.

    For the past 7 years, and 3 times so far today and it is only 2pm right now, I have been drinking Walmart Great Value brand instant coffee in the big containers. 1 container lasts me almost exactly 3 weeks. I think I have 18 containers on hand right now. About $5.44 per container. The word "instant" killed you didn't it? LOL Me too. But I learned to get over it. A pyrex measuring cup of 8oz of filtered water in the microwave and 3 minutes later I am sippin'. There is no faster, less expensive mud on the planet. I have made this mud over open fires many times. Do that with grounds and let me know how it works out. I put some great value powdered coffee cream and sugar in it. 4 cups every dam day.

    Make no mistake. If I find a better way to improve I will change in one second. Less cost. Less effort. Better taste. Always on the look out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Instant coffee back when generics started=instant death. Now, generic instant tastes pretty good.

      Delete
  4. "Coffee is too important to screw around with."

    Amen brother! That's one area I have a REALLY hard time being frugal with. Not due to a barista addiction mind you, but our French Press gets a daily workout and has a preference for swanky beans. I'm not a brand snob, but I always look for sales amongst the high end beans. Yeah, it's an addiction I freely admit to. I just justify it by telling myself its sooo much less expensive than my frequent whiskey and cocaine days back in the mid-80's. You only live once, might as well enjoy some of it, right!?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I make no excuses for spending money on one extravagance, books. We all have our weaknesses. I just sacrifice on coffee, for books.

      Delete
  5. ATTENTION< ATTENTION!!! Still want MRE's? Midway has new arrivals. $65 a case. No heaters Here:
    https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1022552843?pid=921673&utm_source=general-promotion&utm_medium=email&utm_content=main-image-link&utm_campaign=new-shipment-military-ration-company-mre

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, $5.42 per meal + shipping. That's more than we pay for our regular sit down suppers. And look at all the stuff that has to be thrown away after each meal. There are other less expensive options out there that I would take advantage of before going down the MRE road.

      Delete
  6. ATTENTION< ATTENTION!!! Still want MRE's? Midway has new arrivals. $65 a case. No heaters

    I have not eaten a MRE since Hurricane Andrew, I know some people think that MRE's are a must have, I cannot justify $11 for 2 meals (myself & NOL) once a day. I'll keep buying dried beef in a can and wheat. I cannot find rolled oats at the feed store, I got them years ago in so. fl. I have experimented with crimped oats and rolled barley. It's all to hard to de-husk, I'll just have hot wheat for breakfast with dried fruit, once the canned bacon and dried eggs are gone. Real bread i.e. whole wheat with the germ ground up and what ever greens I have fresh or canned. 2 meals a day with 800+ calories in wheat(per meal) plus whatever I can add in the pot to go with lentils and split green peas. When I run out I die....probably die before I run out anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No endorsement of MRE's is implicit or implied. I have no interest in ever eating them again, 32 years later. I just let the minions know if they must have them. Wretched things. But to each their own

      Delete
    2. James,

      I found 2 bags of feed wheat at the local feed store.
      At just over $19 bucks a bag.
      What can ya say... I got them, and put it in buckets for sometime in the future.

      Live is good, right?

      Delete
    3. Money well spent, at twice the price, in the current environment. All minions please note that any wheat purchase is now double biscuit points.

      Delete
  7. Jim,
    It's almost impossible not to be more accurate with a scope compared to iron sights, despite your skill level. The reason is that the target will now be a larger image, and the reticle is finer than the iron sights. The only exception would be if you had fine target sights on the rifle and something like a 5 MOA 1x dot for an optic. Another exception would be if you had a defective scope that wouldn't hold its zero.
    Romans 14:11

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Chinese $25 scopes don't hold zero. I know, they aren't expected to be great. But they had decent reviews. No, they were crap. I was on a budget ( ammo got priority ) and I was going with One Is None. Failed experiment. Don't bother on a scope until you can afford it. So I gave up, at least for now.

      Delete
  8. I have some friends who have been drink Kroger coffee for years and they said the same thing about this year's coffee - bitter taste, residue in the coffee pot like they've never seen before, etc. So it appears that your experience and that of other commenters here is not unique.
    It wasn't until I went over to their house for dinner and sampled a cup - I get my daily coffee fixes for free at work (one of the few perks (pun intended) of being a wage slave in the corporate world where the horn-hairs rule the roost). They have the good stuff (Seattle's Best, ink!, etc.) so I've gotten spoiled. I still have coffee put away for the dark days ahead, though - as you pointed out in The Pampered Prepper, coffee comes from a long way away over routes that require the protection of national forces. I'm not tempting fate on the availability of future supply.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good man. Wheat, ammo, coffee. Everything else is gravy. Thanks for passing on boots on the ground reports. Glad to know it wasn't just me going crazy.

      Delete
    2. Pampered Peasant, not Pampered Prepper. Sorry about that. (One of your best works, by the way. I strongly encourage any new minion to get a copy of that one and take it to heart. I did.)

      Delete
    3. I've forgotten at least half the books I wrote. Skimmed through that one just now ( BBBno9, BTW ) and was impressed with myself. You might think that is nothing new, but the earlier books read as if I strained myself writing them. Thanks for the shout out and compliment.

      Delete
    4. The reason I felt it was among the best and why I strongly recommend it to new minions is that I felt it addressed a problem that a new minion was likely to face - going from (perceived) Middle Class living to full Bison mode initial apocalypse survival plan (junk land, wheat & grinder, bolt gun & ammo, and a water filter) was like telling a 3 pack a day smoker to quit cold turkey. Even if it was sound advice (it was) for a life-saving reason (also true) the enormity of the change might be enough reason for the person to say "Screw it, I'd rather continue on and take my chances ". I believe this is why so many preppers are in the Yuppie Scum camp, even if their chances of succeeding are slim to none. Pampered Peasant showed a realistic way to meet in the middle - kind of like telling that smoker to cut back immediately to a pack a day, then transition to quitting or just one or two cigs a day. Difficult, but still doable. Another example of the realism of what you present in this blog. I'd rather be told the facts, however unpleasant, and work with those to achieve some probability of a successful response than waste my time and money on something that is guaranteed to fail anyway. At least with your way there's a chance of success.

      Delete
    5. Well put, probably better than I could.

      Delete
    6. Late to the party, but I'd have to agree. The Pampered Peasant is really excellent work, if not your best, certainly in the Top 3. All Minions should read it. Then read it again, especially if you've got spouses/children/dependents to be responsible for.

      Delete
    7. Thanks for the feedback. I don't track downloads ( because voting to read free is not the same as voting with the wallet-not that the pay to vote was all that accurate ), so I have little idea what everyone likes in books. And that rarely matches what I enjoyed writing.

      Delete
    8. For readers who are within reasonable distance from Winco Foods, I find "Daybreak Blend" coffee is pretty good. 2-lb bags are $10. It's not flavored with anything, just straight coffee. The same maker also has "Buckaroo Blend": Just say No. It's awful. There's a third kind whose name I forget, also bad.

      Delete
  9. When the "Spicy Times" get here, I wonder how many Mall Ninja's with a super tacticool AR, will get shot in the back by some vagrant with a $50 Hi Point?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The question is, how long do the Hi-Point's keep firing? :)

      Delete
    2. The Hi Point will probably still be firing after your long dead and gone. Most talk crap about the Hi Point. I know they are heavy and ugly as sin. The good points are that they are American made with a lifetime warranty and are well built. You should watch the torture tests the Hi Points have gone thru and still fired.

      Delete
    3. I think we discussed this a few years back, but all details elude me. I don't know enough to judge, honestly.

      Delete
    4. I just think everyone who talks trash about Hi point, who have never even held one, should have to put a loaded one in the mouth and pull the trigger.

      Delete
    5. Easy there, Francis. Look a bit more closely at the comments. We all talk crap about stuff we only think we understand. And work on that sense of humor.

      Delete

COMMENTS HAVE BEEN CLOSED