Tuesday, December 17, 2019

peev2c3


PEEv2c3
Storing Wheat
Sweet Baby Jesus in a Prius! I just wasted an hour and for the life of me, searching both the blog and the newsletter, I could not find my previous mention of a company that sells really cheap bulk diatomaceous earth ( henceforth written as DE in this article to save me the rather bothersome repetition of getting the spelling correct ). I did come across another place selling a fifty pound sack for $60, with free shipping, but I don't know if that is as cheap as the other. My apologies, but I did melt down my brain even before putting finger to keys.
*
The company is Earth Works Health, and the bag is HERE. If you don't care about the cost of smaller units, that company sells those, or you can go to Amazon where the costs get stupid expensive per pound. Aaaaannnnd I'm an idiot. I just looked on Amazon and HERE is a fifty pound sack for $55. You save a few bucks from above and I get $2 in commission. Sorry about all the above, but I'm leaving it in the final draft here because I know some of you don't like shopping at Amazon.
*
I honestly cannot blame you. Amazon is where I get most of my money from, bless them and their commission program, but I have a real issue with their book burning. It wasn't a one time deal, either, as I'm noticing more books disappearing all the time. I don't want to buy books on White Supremacy. But they ban a book by a movie reviewer, who does NOT write about Whites but merely from a non-PC viewpoint ( the biggest sin was something vaguely racist sounding about the title ), AND a respected historian who doesn't tow the “Churchill Was A God” line, that pisses me off!
*
Just go to Unz dot com for the above, BTW. Plus, I'm using Google for this blog publishing. I'm not exactly raging against the machine, am I? But, anyway, there is a nice choice for you, pay an extra 10% and avoid profiting a company you may not care for. I don't think 10% is above anyone's ability. You will need DE, in case the last page of text didn't clue you in. DE is what kills insects in grain. Much better than freezing ( unless you do it outside, naturally ) or introducing dry ice ( I hate that method-I think the cold forms condensation-YMMV ).
*
Before I knew about DE ( it MUST be food grade. You cannot eat non-food grade, from pool filters or such. For non food grade, to kill bedbugs and lice and such, buy the big yellow bags in the insect poison section at Home Despot ), I wasted money buying a big tank of nitrogen, and tried to flush out air from my buckets. One of the worst prepper purchases, EVER! Just get DE, it kills bugs and does not harm people or pets as long as it is food grade.
*
One cup to a five gallon bucket seems to about do the trick. Roll about to distribute the powder more evenly. This is how you kill the bugs that are almost always present when you buy the grain. I don't use it myself, as I just place my buckets outside for the winter ( NOT in the sun-place a plastic bucket in your car and let the sun hit it. It releases a very nasty chemical smell. Keep them out of the sunlight ). I don't trust using a home freezer, as the abrupt temperature from freezer to overheated house will cause condensation ( I think-just a paranoid worry-I apologize for lack on any Bill Nye knowledge here ).
*
Mylar bags will then keep out any more insects, and rather important, moisture. Two companies that seem to be the most affordable are HERE and HERE . And of course, Amazon, but let's not get into that again. You can then use a five gallon plastic bucket to protect the Mylar bag. I no longer endorse Home Despot orange buckets. The buckets are okay, but they went Full Retard cheap on the lids and they do not seal tightly, the inside ring of plastic too thin and getting crushed, no matter how carefully you hammer on the lid. You used to be able to jam the lids down, and beat on them with a metal hammer. Now, even a rubber mallet damages the lid and it doesn't seal properly.
*
You can try a different color lid, but I don't know if you'll have better luck. Buckets are no longer cheap, and you'll spend even more buying from True Value or other, better, hardware store ( Home Despot is chock full of really low quality Chinese crap. Try driving in one of their nails. You can't. Bendy sum bitches ). You can get buckets at Wal-Mart, but more than likely will need to order them. They NEVER have any lids to go with the buckets in the paint section.
*
That bucket IS food grade ( I contacted the company-this assumes they are still using the same one ). The orange buckets, although made of food grade plastic ( the “2” in a triangle on the bottom of a bucket denotes food grade ), might have some crap added to it that leeches into the food. MIGHT. To, me, better to get as many filled buckets as possible and roll the dice with rectal cancer thirty years later. After all, it is the apocalypse. You'll die of something else before cancer. Don't leave in the sun and most likely you'll be fine.
*
Never, EVER, use a non food grade bucket, and even worse would be to use a used bucket that held a chemical, but don't get TOO paranoid over it. You are already getting brain cancer from using that stupid cell phone too much ( you aren't a heart surgeon on call, to save someone's life. Why do YOU think you are important enough to need a cell phone? ), mercury from eating that “healthy” seafood, and you know you are sucking in radiation from the Fuki accident. I don't believe in chemtrails, although I acknowledge that could very well be a thing. I do NOT think we were EVER told the truth about nuclear energy or bombs, however.
*
At Oakridge and in Washington state, they used to pour “low grade” radioactive waste directly into the ground ( “no worries, it MIGHT stick to the dirt particles” ). They admitted to that. What aren't they telling us? Just that first part used to be classified information. And look how retarded most people in Las Vegas are? Hmmmm? It might be extra paranoid to assume a decade later Fuki melt downs are still killing us, or it might not. I vote, probably not. Remember Karen Silkwood? Just saying.
*
This chapter continued tomorrow
( .Y. )
( today's related Amazon link click HERE )
*
Please support Bison by buying through the Amazon links here ( or from http://bisonprepper.com/2.html or www.bisonbulk.blogspot.com ). Or PayPal www.paypal.me/jimd303 

*** Unless you are in extreme poverty, spend a buck a month here, by the above donation methods ( I get 4% of the Amazon sale, so you need to buy $25 worth for me to get my $1 ) or mail me some cash/check/money order or buy a book ( web site for free books, Amazon to pay just as a donation vehicle ).
*** My e-mail is: jimd303@reagan.com My address is: James M Dakin, 181 W Bullion Rd #12, Elko NV 89801-4184 ***E-Mail me if you want your name added to the weekly e-newsletter subscriber list.
*** Pay your author-no one works for free. I’m nice enough to publish for barely above Mere Book Money, so do your part.*** junk land under a grand *  Lord Bison* my bio & biblio* my web site is www.bisonprepper.com *** Wal-Mart wheat***Amazon Author Page
* By the by, all my writing is copyrighted. For the obtuse out there

20 comments:

  1. Just an anedotal input reference of using or repurposing storage vessels for wheat and whatnots rations. I will disclaimer that I have no interest in the items sales and have not used them myself as I am in a transient location position (vegas city, the unretarded Minion) unable to conduct as a deep stock with these methods.

    Check Craigslist or such net type classifieds, under the for sale section- "materials", section (there is a chap here) selling steel drums with removable clamps and lids, steam cleaned out. They were food product containers imported or shipped to these blue hive cities that have food factories, commercial suppliers, etc. (Don't think vermin can nibble through sealed steel drums?) Also listed: IBC food grade totes, blue barrels @55 gal, and smaller drum type barrels. Pricing seemed fair, but these may be intermittent available and generally located in or near city-industry environs. Take advantage of the slow creaking collapse to get those post collapse unobtainiums, now. (Worth a road trip, get out of the compound like on field trips as a kid)

    If a Minion is going to go pro and lard up year to multi years of food supplies then an industrial scale or industrial strength containers for these high priority contents are MANDATORY.
    Parallel example I spent much time and money aquiring legit g.i. ammo cans for the sole purpose of deep ammo storage. It is that kinda important so as to consider the container choices and invest accordingly, to my long range strategy and preps.

    Us older geezer types have witnessed or experienced many examples of poor storage preparations, containers, and locations to be schooled on probables way ahead of that first batch of p.e.e. activities. Plan accordingly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For the most part I use buckets which held dill pickles. Figure the mylar bag keeps the dill odor out. Plus an oxygen absorber after using a hand vacuum pump made for bleeding brake lines. (Sold at auto parts stores $20 and connect a inflation needle used for sports balls) after pumping almost a vacuum , you seal the little hole with an iron. Definitely use DE too !
    When I run short of pickle buckets from my buddies burger joint. I use Lowe's food grade buckets they are strong and they also offer extra durable lids in addition to the standard ones which seem strong enuff.
    You are correct about Home Despot being crapola...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucky bastard, with the pickle bucket bonanza. I know, I know, socialize and network.

      Delete
  3. Some feed stores carry 50 pound and smaller bags of food grade diatomaceous earth. Or you can ask them to special order it. Many feed companies have it.

    My feed store gets theirs from New Country Organics: http://www.newcountryorganics.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The feed stores I've tried with ordering DE, hoping to save on shipping, usually gave me a blank look. I am just grateful they have wheat, though.

      Delete
  4. James,
    Don't know if I mentioned it in a previous communication to you but about 2 or so years after Fuki I was concerned about eating radiation contamination fish. My wife and I used to like making our version of the Micky D's Fillet-O-Fish sandwich. We used I believe, Gorton's fish fillets. One day I commented to her I was wondering where they got their fish and whether they even checked it for radiation. Long story short I found a email address on the package and mailed them with my question, within two hours they were back to me assuring me that they had the radiation base covered and in fact had been before Fuki and that this was part of their quality assurance program to check the incoming raw material. A little while after that I saw an offer on another web site that I check on from time to time, KI4U.com. They re-condition old CD shelter radiation meters and sell them to the public, they also will recalibrate your old meter for a small charge. They have a vast trove of information to read on radiation and what they don't have they have links to so you can learn all you need to know about nuclear war and fallout. They had an offer to test the air filter from your vehicle and the furnace/ac filter from your house for no charge. I took them up on it and was informed that I was clean on both. So back then the fallout had not made it to Arkansas after a couple of years.
    Back in the late 90's the Fed Government decided that these old fallout meters, built in the late 50's-early 60's, were obsolete. They authorized each state CD to dispose of them and so the folks at KI4U bought something like 20 tractor trailer loads of them. I got mine at a Ham Fest back in 99, the guy showed up with a couple of pallets and was selling a boxed set for $20.00,claiming that the large meter movements in them would be great for homebrewing radio equipment. I bought one set and that consisted of:2 CDV 715 High range detectors, 1 CDV 750 Dosimeter reader/charger plus 5 CDV 742 dosimeter pens and 1 CDV 700 Low Range Geiger counter detector with a detachable sensor for checking out folks re-entering the shelter for contamination. The Geiger counter instrument unknown to me had a failed Geiger Mueller 'tube'. I discovered this about 5 years later and was able to buy a NOS one for the low price or $100.00! I felt better when I found out that these instruments were going for $1000.00 plus on the used market back in 04',have not checked lately but new and better stuff is out there now so the price on these has probably settled a lot lower.
    Anyway just thought I throw that out there for general information and to keep my hand in on my typing skills so rigor don't set in!
    James the Deplorable in Arkansas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent, thank you. I don't much like fish, so I was good all along. The high elevation here however...a visiting minion took a reading here. Twice that back east. So maybe I'm still in trouble. Solar or Fuki radiation, not sure.

      Delete
    2. Just read that the sun's magnetic field and earth's magnetic fields have been getting weaker causing higher amounts of cosmic radiation to reach us. This will cause more clouds and a cooling effect adding to the solar minimum we are in now. Could be the start of an ice age!

      Delete
  5. Well...that was quite a tour de force essay. From DE (too long and hard to spell!) to Amazon censorship to Home Depot Chinese made nails to "Orange Bucket bad" rectal cancer to Dr. Sawbone's cell phone.
    Let's not forget to acknowledge Fukishima radiation and last but not least...chemtrails, for the win!

    But let me ask...why the worry about bugs in your buckets..? Methinks insect protein beats soy any day.
    One scoop of weevil infested wheat is a complete meal in a pot, amiright?
    Perfect balance of essential vitamins and minerals.



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay, truthfully, you stumped me on that question. My only guess is, in ten years the weevils eat all the wheat, die, dry up and rot and you are left with less calories in weevil bodies than from the wheat? Right? Doesn't entropy dictate that loss in energy?

      Delete
    2. If you are putting all of your love and heritage endevours into the activities of storing FOOD, so as to feed you and your loved ones for "survival", then go pro, take as many steps and advanced measures as possible with those p.e.e. things regarding food storage. Or, just stay on the porch as a sunshine prepper, not intent at all of being the soldiering survivalist true to form and all. Just saying folks, as it is getting spooky out there.

      Delete
    3. Thing of it is. If you allow the weevils to thrive you end up with less total protein in the form of husks and a big pile dust ( incidentally , that dust is nothing more than weevils shit )
      I'd much rather eat some DE and solid berries myself...

      Delete
  6. There is a lot of great information here today. Now for some information you might not care about, at all.
    It's not "Fuki", it's "Fuku", as in "Fukushima" (accent on the 2nd syllable), "福島", meaning "lucky island". Yes, really. I'm sure you can think of a mnemonic device for remembering it's really "Fuku".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. Not sure why I started calling it that. Cuter?

      Delete
    2. Definitely cuter. They mispronounce our words, we mispronounce theirs.
      Ritual suicide is not actually "hairy carry", it's hara-kiri, "腹 (hara) stomach/abdomen" "切り (kiri) cutting". etc etc

      Delete
    3. Perhaps just a form of racism, subdued? Like most folks of a certain age, the book/movie "Shogun" provided an interest in Japan, but I'm also of the age they were just enemies, both militarily and economically ( even though I know, rationally, it was our doing both times rather than theirs )

      Delete
  7. The Home Depot nails I use are either Simpson Strong Tie nails, sold by the Strong Ties, or spiraled deck nails. If you accidentally bend over a spiraled deck nail, just bend it back up, and the twisting action as it enters the wood will keep it straight.
    Romans 14:11

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I need to replace the crap I have. Worthless at half the price. Keep saying it, keep putting it off. Thanks

      Delete

COMMENTS HAVE BEEN CLOSED