Thursday, October 3, 2019

LB says money blows-post 2 of 2 today


LB SAYS MONEY BLOWS ( article 2 of 2 today )
Lizard Brain has been on high alert. First with the whole savings to assets ( which just started out as a spare savings to assets and then ballooned-but, as we know, Lizard Brain, LB, works in mysterious ways. Did that bastard screw up the Eight Zero project? ) and then with Saudi Arabia and then after nobody at all ever anywhere panicked, Baby Jesus said, what a bunch of dumbasses- how much of a sign do they need from us?, and then the bank liquidity started the next week. Yeah, hello, LB is screeching up a racket.
*
So, yes, OF COURSE I am telling you to panic. What am I supposed to say? No worries, mate, it has always worked out before? Now, true, I cannot JUST say panic. I have to qualify and amend. I cannot just tell you to panic and leave it at that. Not all of you are on the same sheet of music. You worry less. Some of you worry more, and have been fully prepped for twenty years. So I'll just tell you why I myself don't mind panicking early and avoiding the rush. It is only money.
*
Pretty simple. The money you spend panicking? What would you have done with it anyway? Put it in the bank? Put it in a McMansion? No matter what you do with your money, it is gone. The bankers get it through inflation, the government gets it through taxes as you consume. The wife gets it for mediocre sex. You WISH she was a hooker. Then she would take more professional pride. My NOL has most of the money, and I strive to satisfy her. How hard is it? “I'm an Independent Woman! Don't need no man!” Fine, move out of that nice house into a single apartment.
*
Anyway, money is a disposable tool. Like toilet paper. No matter how you wipe, it is better to say goodbye to the stuff rather than trying to keep it like a trophy ( “Eddie, you no house walking the dog mother humper, you don't pick up the turds. I'm using one for an end table” ). Who says, damn, I wasted $5.87 last month on toilet paper? Nobody. It is the cost of living expense that while you COULD save on, few people choose to. Even poor people use toilet paper, except they are napkins from McDonald's that clog up the pipes.
*
Why are poor people eating at McDonald's? Because of the free toilet paper, silly! You don't think a Big Mac costs $5 because of the 100% beef patty, do you? No, the paper packaging costs are going up. People are poor because they eat there, so they grab all the free crap they can. So the costs go up, leaving them poorer. Ah, the tragedy of the commons. Listen, do you remember what you made working as a teenager, forty years ago? Perhaps. Do you remember how you spent your money? Probably not, right?
*
Money is no big deal. You'll earn more in two weeks. Stop sweating it. Spend it. Go crazy on this prepper crap. If nothing bad happens, who friggin cares? You would have wasted it on something else anyway. Like McDonald's. Or Starbucks. Yeah, I know-chump change. The second worse survival advice ever, the Stop Eating Out And Stop Drinking Coffee Out advice ( the first worst is “don't just survive, thrive!” Don't get me started! ). Chump change, for chumps. You need to prep, you need to give up the really expensive crap.
*
Like privacy ( rent every room, live in the basement or garage ). Or the second car ( you can exercise AND get Bicycle Jacked riding through the ghetto ). I mean, who exactly are you kidding? The other three hundred thirty million fools out there also think that in bad economic times they also have to pretend to be successful, the Queen Hen, the peacock of the walk, and spend over what they have to “prove” it. Go against the herd, not with it. Herds are just targets for omnivores. Be different, have disposable income. We are entering an economic collapse, and you want to impress a potential trophy wife with your house and extra cars?
*
You think you need to keep the current wife happy, so she doesn't leave you and take the kids and half your income? So, you are okay with her cheating on you? Because that is what she is going to do as soon as you run into financial issues and she starts shopping around for someone to keep her in the lifestyle she is accustomed to. I guaran-damn-tee it. I will wager a jelly filled donut on it. If the bitch won't let you prep because she wants luxury, that is exactly what she is going to do. That is her personality type.
*
Believe me, you can prep on half of your income, even minimum wage. I've done it. You just can't have any other nice things. Did you know that 13% of the US population earns less than $5,000 a year ( I don't know if that is “working population” or just “total population” )? I'm proud to be part of that thirteen percent. I can STILL prep on that income. It doesn't matter how much you make, just how you spend it. But spend it we all do. Because we all know that worthless company script isn't going to be worth much of anything very soon.
*
Most folks spend hedonisticly. That yummy $5 Starbucks coffee drink. Not waiting for video or streaming but going to the theater for $12 a seat and $8 for popcorn that isn't even made with coconut oil anymore. The SUV instead of the rice burner compact. American cars instead of Japanese even though for the same price one lasts twice as long as the other ( this way, they can put US flags on the car and bloviate how they support the troops. As if NOT hating is the new Virtuous Signal. How do you like when communists wear that label, bitch? ).
*
All you have to do to prep is to NOT spend like a drunken sailor in Manila. Because everyone is going to spend their money. Everyone. The one guy who doesn't is a little creepy, like a child molester used to look before the Democrats tried to turn him into the new Peoples Hero for not being conventionally sexual. Don't those freaks, both the democrats and the perverts, just make your skin crawl? Do YOU want to be like a child molester? Chester The Molester. That is what you get if you don't prep.
*
You need a LITTLE money. Everyone needs a rainy day fund. But you don't need all that much if you are living frugally. The rest, spent on preps, is true life insurance. If this economic collapse news turns out to be the next Y2K, who cares? You have preps, now, cheaper than they will be. Or, your kids will eventually have them. Again, who cares? Everyone wastes their money. Do you want to waste it on consumer things or assets stackable things? Either way, it is GONE. Don't be afraid of panicking and over stocking. As long as you burn no bridges. Divorcing the whore? Not a bridge. You can get another one.
*
And guess what? A LOT of other ones actually like you not being a doormat. Quitting your great job? Not a bridge. Unless you love it, or cannot find another one. Nuking your credit score from orbit, so it never lives again? Definitely NOT a bridge. One of the smartest things you can do, living on cash instead of credit. And you'll save even MORE money as you avoid apartments that require a credit score. Trailer park, or rent a room. Cheaper, by far. Blowing through ALL your savings for AR's and Russian ammo? Yeah, that might be a bridge. Don't burn that one.
*
This is easy, common sense stuff, folks. Panic early, avoid the rush, but do it responsibly. And for humps sake, do NOT regret panicking early and often. It is your Lizard Brain working for you ( that monkey mind can work against you, in this day and age ).
( .Y. )
( today's related Amazon link click HERE )
*
Please support Bison by buying through the Amazon links here ( or from http://bisonprepper.com/2.html or www.bisonbulk.blogspot.com ). Or PayPal www.paypal.me/jimd303 

*** Unless you are in extreme poverty, spend a buck a month here, by the above donation methods ( I get 4% of the Amazon sale, so you need to buy $25 worth for me to get my $1 ) or mail me some cash/check/money order or buy a book ( web site for free books, Amazon to pay just as a donation vehicle ).
*** My e-mail is: jimd303@reagan.com My address is: James M Dakin, 181 W Bullion Rd #12, Elko NV 89801-4184 ***E-Mail me if you want your name added to the weekly e-newsletter subscriber list.
*** Pay your author-no one works for free. I’m nice enough to publish for barely above Mere Book Money, so do your part.*** junk land under a grand *  Lord Bison* my bio & biblio* my web site is www.bisonprepper.com *** Wal-Mart wheat***Amazon Author Page
* By the by, all my writing is copyrighted. For the obtuse out there

25 comments:

  1. Your stream of consciousness is very concrete today.

    I thought I was doing well keeping dining out costs below $8.31, the cost of an In-N-Out combo meal. I did better at $5.75 for Taquitos Supreme (4), but to get cheaper I need to buy food at The Dollar Store. You're right, Jim. If things collapse then I won't get the pension and the IRA. Nada, zip, zilch. Then it is Bernie or Elizabeth sending me some arbitrary amount. I need to un-retire and work. How do I get CNC training without paying thousands to go to school? That might be a good trade in the future. Otherwise, I can deliver pizzas until I move to junk land.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why un-retire? Are you bored? Insane? Masochistic?

      Delete
    2. My wife and I routinely eat for less than $5 a meal. Last night for example. Burgers on the grill, rice a roni, frozen mixed veg's. Burger was $1.99/lb, made 4 (2 last night and 2 for tonights supper), rice was $1.75, and the veg's were out of a great value bag that cost $1.39 with plenty left over, whole wheat hamburger buns. Add in the condiments, lettuce, tomato, mayo, butter, salt and pepper, etc. Maybe $6 total, and it will feed us twice, last night and tonight.

      As far as the CNC thing goes, find a place that does that stuff and try to get hired as an apprentice or clean up guy. Once your foot is in the door pay attention and try to learn as much as you can, for free. I'm an architect and an engineer but have no degree in those fields. I have a 2 year degree from way back then in architectural design, but then I worked 14 years for other architects and engineers, asked thousands of questions, read like a beast (before internet) and eventually took the tests to be licensed. At that point I started my own business and continue to do so, though I have branched out into other fields extensively. Come up with a plan and work it, overcome obstacles as they occur, don't worry too much about stuff that hasn't happened yet. Stay focused.

      Delete
    3. Tonight's dinner should be a buck, one and a quarter. Baked chicken with baked half potatoes ( w/butter ). About as exciting as it gets here.

      Delete
    4. GS, just to feed myself is well over $300/month, and I keep a monthly spreadsheet to track it. Too often I buy meals for other people. You wrote "find a place that does that stuff." Are we talking about what I was hinting at wanting to build or were you referring to something else? Re: the former, I don't know if that's done in So. Cal, but I will look into it, and I have no idea when or where I will end up. Thanks for that input.

      Jim, I take it you don't eat tortillas? They're cheap and you would know all the stuff you can do with them...with chicken, fish, beef, cheese, etc.

      Delete
    5. That's sound advice. Be the "clean up" guy who's Mr. Dependable, study and work up from there. When it comes to getting widgets that work right, out the door, capability matters more than fancy degrees. (This is, however, not the case in tech, as 99% of tech companies are formed not to make things that work, but to impress suckers to invest in them, and all they need is to be able to show a lot of "engineers" sitting in chairs for the walk-around tours.)

      Delete
    6. Pilgrim-I eat enough bread as it is to eat tortillas too often. I like Mexican food and make a mean enchilada, but a pack of either tortilla still sits in the fridge for some time before its used up.
      *
      Alex-But...I thought we were technological leaders and rule the world with...smart phone apps? Something! "Murica! LOL

      Delete
  2. I might need to know how to manufacture "stuff." Right now I'm bored.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that's a tough one. I have to plan carefully to avoid boredom. Without spending money. Or vegging on couch/computer

      Delete
    2. Right. Just because one might be retired doesn't mean you can go out and seek daily entertainment unless one wants to run out of money. My computer is on all day unless I get out of the house.

      Delete
  3. I keep $2k in cash on hand at all times, almost. In case something 'spensive comes up, air conditioner, vehicle engine, etc. It set where it is for a long time but this past Feb I had to burn a chunk of it, but I have replenished it since. The rest of my income is spent, 90% or better on prep stuff and daily sustenance. Not much in the way of extra's around here and hasn't been for a long time. I wouldn't know how to act if I had access to large coin - prolly go out and get me some hookers and blow, and get killed in the process.

    Yeah, being a Bezo would be cool, but then you'd have to get used to lack of privacy. And associate with, ahem, people. On 2nd thought, if I was Bezo, the 2nd day I'd be killed or caged, for wringing assholes necks. Think I'll just stay here on the compound, broke and mostly content and peaceful. And ready.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bezos should be worried being a CIA asset. His billions won't protect him from those douche canoes.

      Delete
    2. Pizza delivery dudes actually make okay money after tips. In some cases you are required to furnish your own car, but if you pick up a reliable beater (It’s possible. I’ve personally picked up several $1k cars, that with a little work, lasted me several years) and set aside for maintenance costs, by deducting from each check, there shouldn’t be any unexpected surprises.

      My uncle was a machinist. I don’t think that he did the CNC thing (Though he might have?) but he earned a good living. But that’s something that’s going to take some time, and probably training, to learn properly, which is something that you might not want to do if you’re retired. We all hear these stories about the 80 year old granny that finally earned her college degree, and everyone is high fiving her for it. But personally, I don’t see the logic in that at all. “Yay, I’m a college graduate” even though I’m going to drop dead any day now, and am too old to use it” :D I guess the tax payer picks up the tab in such cases?

      When I was working poor (I’m now unemployed poor) I ate from the value menu, usually at McDonald’s or Jack in the box. I could usually stuff myself for about $3. That didn’t include the drink, but I just drank water. This was back in 2015, but I’m assuming that most fast food restaurants still have such a menu.

      Delete
    3. Anon, the machinist thing seems like a longshot, and it doesn't need to be CNC. I can do pizza delivery, plus i was raised on Italian food and I know how to cook it. So I already talked to a Korean pizza store owner.

      Delete
    4. Anonymous - the dollar menu is often $1.25 now, but yeah you can get water, and if there's a Starbucks nearby, afterward you can ask nicely for a "sample" of their latest coffee and that way you can keep acquainted with the taste of coffee.

      Delete
    5. Going without coffee is not an option. Not in unemployment, not in frugal living, not after the apocalypse. I always say, wheat and ammo. Just as water filters are implied, so is coffee stockpiles. No coffee is the only thing that truly scares me in an apocalypse. Worse than Ebola or nuclear radiation.

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely better for stress release to indulge in hookers and blow. Much better than FLIR scopes.

      Delete
  5. Killing me here Jim with the writings. I think from assessing all the prepper business and people involved it is only the Minionite caste types here that are low to the ground and know how to stretch the soup out so to speak that will survive to the other side. There has to be a lot of grit and moxie with Magyver resourcefulness to make it.

    And screw those 3 percenters that ain't done nuthin about anything. I am a rolling, balling, 13 percenter that has absolutely no intention of doing a darned thing either. No inclination on my low budget, thus I shall just take some naps and snooze through the collapse, while others do the spazzing out.

    Stay Frosty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't spazing out half the fun? Come on, admit it. We are all drama queens! :)

      Delete
  6. I have the "closet o' prep". When you prep over the course of years, you have a longish time to get things. Not so much time now - every week is spicier.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What good is money in the bank going to be vs. spending it on SOMETHING you know you will eventually need like food or toilet paper. Price is always incrementally going up anyway, if you have the space, get the necessities.

    Yeah, eating at fast food joints is for the freebies. Ranch dressing packets for later eating with microwaved carrots. Mayonaisse packets for convenient packages for sandwiches built in the outdoors.

    And I gripe if I don't drink at least two glasses of drink of my choice before I leave. Usually unsweet tea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Money in the bank is just simple Rainy Day needs. You need that as well as the home Alpha Strategy stuffed to the gills.

      Delete

COMMENTS HAVE BEEN CLOSED