Thursday, December 4, 2014

oil down 2


OIL DOWN 2

Okay, we know that an economic slow-down globally probably won’t affect the US economy all that much because this ain’t your daddies economy anymore and far fewer folks make anything or buy much of anything and there won’t ever be a housing boom again because the banks won’t release inventory because fake house values are propping up derivatives and since wages are in a downward spiral no one can afford the current high prices ( even if they can get credit or more ludicrously both save a 20% down AND get credit ) AND we know that unless a different Saudi price takes over and reverses forty years of military protection for oil pricing in dollars policy, the Saudi government has no interest in  crash and burning our economy by killing our fracking industry which might be the only thing keeping our economy going because energy added to the economy is actual economic activity unlike paper currency creation and while it isn’t all that much it is far better to have negative one percent growth than negative ten ( ah, it is good to have a runaway sentence- haven’t done that for awhile ).  So, what does falling oil prices mean?  I’m inclined to think that rather than supply destruction pricing, this is a combination of Communist conflict combating our position under camouflage of an economic downturn.  Forget the Saudi’s.  They are a bunch of old men afraid of shadows.  They are timid and cowed.  So, who would benefit from a sudden US economy flush with out of control inflation, a suddenly weakened military and a loss of ability to project any kind of power?  Russia and China.

*

Just as China only became our friend because she feared the Soviets, so China now loves the Russians because she fears us more.  If the Chinese economy was long overdue for a contraction, and the government uses the inevitable downturn to its strategic advantage by withdrawing stimulus and allowing nature to take its course, and if Russia has an overriding need to check our advance east ( even after we pinky promised to never meddle in former Soviet bloc countries ) and has a massive oil production card to play in this poker game ( the assertion that the US out produces both the Saudi’s and Russia is blatant bullcrap based on fraudulent double counting of distillates and including imports for distillation and immediate export as domestic production ), and if my thought that only frack oil is holding the economy from the cliff edge ( not a thought I’m totally convinced of, but it has a nice ring to it and is certainly within the realm of possibility ), Russia flooding the oil market and pressuring OPEC to not decrease production would certainly be in its best interests of crushing the PetroDollar ( I can only speculation as to why they don’t just wait for our fields to dry up naturally in a year or two.  Perhaps the Ukraine/Syria/Iran conflict with us won’t wait that long ).  This is just a current theory, but it does fit in with Follow The Money.

END
Please support Bison by buying through the Amazon ad graphics at the top of the page. You can purchase anything, not just the linked item. Enter Amazon through my item link and then go to whatever other item you desire. As long as you don’t leave Amazon until after the order is placed, I get credit for your purchase.  For those that can’t get the ads because they are blocked by your software, just PayPal me occasionally or buy me something from my Amazon Wish List once a year.
*
The Old Bison Blog on CD 
Over five years of work and nearly two million words of pure brilliance. Here is the link to order:
http://kunaki.com/sales.asp?PID=PX00KX7Z1I
*
My books available on thumb drive:
 Post-Apoc Movies, ( free )
 Improvised Munitions Book, ( NOW FREE!!! Free, I tells ya! )
 my bio & biblio
*
If my Blogger page ever goes down, I will start to post at my regular web site:
www.BisonPress.com
*
My books on PDF available at
http://www.lulu.com/shop/search.ep?keyWords=james++dakin&sorter=relevance-desc
*

If you want them on kindle, just search with my full name: James Dakin
*
By the by, all my writing is copyrighted. For the obtuse out there.
 
 
 
 

14 comments:

  1. Dude you owe us a new post with 5 words max per sentence !
    Think of the non native !

    French male Lesbian Minion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I leave short sentences to yuppie guru scum. Sorry, but don't worry. Even native speakers don't understand my version of English.

      Delete
    2. Should I call myself the French Yuppie Guru Scum Male Lesbian Minion then ? ;-)

      To my credit, though I'm French I own and shoot firearms (yes it's legally possible here as long your record is clean and it's for "sporting" purposes ... the paperwork is a bitch though).

      Delete
  2. http://www.technologyreview.com/news/532896/discarded-laptop-batteries-keep-the-lights-on/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, but are any discarded batts left here or are they all sold to 3rd World countries. Kind of like all our junked cars go to China.

      Delete
    2. One has to think as a German engineer in WW2 : stripping non-functional systems into its elements. I once took a laptop from the scrapyard and while it didn't work, it allowed me to upgrade other old laptops with its components, and I still have its battery.

      I do the same with shirts : I remove all buttons, then use the fabric for other projects (gun sleeves for instance). I even reclaim shoelaces from broken shoes : it does prolong the life of "second-line" items (for instance working shoes which where never to look good in the first place). It saves me the euros I would pay for buying nylon cord as replacement shoestrings. When you add these "small" expenses together you have dozens of euros, the price difference between a shitty new item or a good second-hand one (or even a new good one).

      Since nothing is for free, the effort you have to do when stripping systems into components is to invetory it all, or at least create separate categories and storage space, or else your spare room will look like a junkyard.

      Delete
  3. Once again the Oracle of Elko has left me caught precariously between suicide and buying more rice and beans! I think I will try and live just so I can see how it all turns out! ha ha ha ha Looks like a good old fashioned race war will spice things up. I am buying all my black friends BB guns that look real! ha ha ha ha ha ha Then just sit back and wait. another kick ass post O great crewcut! ha ha ha ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Regarding oil prices, you should read this article:
    Want to Hurt Russia? Lower the Price of Oil
    http://oilprice.com/Energy/Oil-Prices/Want-To-Hurt-Russia-Lower-The-Price-Of-Oil.html
    The U.S. is in a proxy war with Russia. The U.S. got together with the Saudis and worked out a deal to keep the price low for that reason.
    You also should look up Putin's speech. He knows what the U.S. is up to and isn't happy. Go to Paul Craig Robert's website and find the speech and read it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Food for thought
    http://www.xenosystems.net/oil-war/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Economic news is muddled. The one key variable of the moment I look at is that employment numbers are getting better- by a lot.

    Employment is a lagging indicator. So it means that times are good (relatively speaking) , but that we have probably already peaked.

    ReplyDelete
  7. One of the most interesting things about the potiental Russia/China relationship was something I read in the (awesome) fiction book Lucifer's Hammer.
    Anyhoo, (*spoilers) big ol' rocks start falling on the world and one of the first things that happens is that China nukes Russia. The assumption by the Chinese is that the nuclear winter created by the asteroid (nobody will understand "asteroid winter") will drive the Russians to invade the precious equatorial farmland to the south, that being in China.

    It was an interesting "aside" at any rate.

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS HAVE BEEN CLOSED