Sunday, June 2, 2019

no haircut for you 2


NO HAIRCUT FOR YOU 2
I don’t mean to confuse anyone.  “But, Jim, you keep screaming from the rooftops that the end is nigh and we are damn fools for having semi-autos but not enough food.  What gives?  Should we panic or should we ignore survivalism and pursue or life wishes?”  Well, that ties in with the title.  You always hear, “don’t ask a barber if you need a haircut”.  That means, you take peoples self-interests into account when judging how relevant their advice is to you.  Because advice is always tainted.  How can it not be?  People are a sum of their experiences and desires.
*
All these dingus slurping sell-outs, these greedy whores profiting off the wire stripping from the House Of Empire, their livelihood is tied up in the status quo, in Business As Usual.  Of course they can never admit This Suckers Going Down.  It isn’t as if they are lying to you.  They aren’t.  They genuinely believe they are too smart to be fooled and they are too sexy for their shirt.  They never would have hitched their horse to the wrong wagon, and they are doing Gods Work.  I’m serious.  Everyone self-justifies, lying poorly to you and perfectly to themselves.
*
If you ask me, are we all going to die, I mean, well, DUH!  Of course we are.  I’m going to admit I spent nearly thirty years in a pursuit of excellence for an event that won’t happen?  It doesn’t matter I truly feared and believed and that lead me to write about and prepare for such an event.  I am in fact following my convictions.  But you cannot deny there is at least some ego and self-justification involved.  No matter how well meaning, I’m still a barber profiting of you getting a haircut.
*
Does this mean I’m full of crap and a collapse is so far away it doesn’t matter?  Of course not, and I doubt many of you think that.  Nobody stays here that needs daily preening that their choice of MRE’s and FLIR scopes is Good Think.  I’m preaching to the choir.  But you have to ask yourself, still, how good my advice is.  After all, I went and pursued my life passion.  I love reading and deciphering the mechanics of social orders.  That is my overriding passion, not writing per se.  If I could have, I would have been a teacher.
*
Not that I COULD.  I despise the educational system.  And I don’t care about teaching, I only care about the subject matter.  So why torture myself putting up with jam-hands curtain climbing miniature retards?  Yeah, that applies to college students as well as second graders.  Writing was a far better choice.  The fact I loved the field of survivalism, and believed in the need with all my heart, made the subject matter simple to choose.  But, again, it isn’t my life passion.  That is social studies.  Hey, screw you, I don’t make fun of your postage stamp collecting.
*
The fact of the matter is I haven’t lived my life as if survivalism is everything.  I’ve lived my life as if what I want to do is study and decipher.  Survivalism ties in with that nicely, but it IS secondary.  It might not seem like it, because I’m very serious about prepping.  The extra pieces of land, living in the middle of the desert, the twelve or so man years of food, insane amounts of ammunition, many life choices filtered through the Apocalypse Worthy decision tree.  As I said, I DO believe we are doomed, soon. 
*
But I’m lucky in that prepping ties in with my life passion.  After all, you can read in a bunker just as well as a mansion.  If there were no book sellers or Internet, and I had to live in a big city to research, I know I would.  I’d make as many preparations as I could mitigating the danger, but my primary focus is living my passion.  Survivalism gets sloppy seconds.  And why?  As if you need to ask.  Because we get ONE life, and I’m going to do what I love.  Because I CAN.  Being a ‘Murican has gifted me with the gift of being able to choose my life.
*
Even living like a bare ass savage, that way of life surrounds me with a safety net.  I can eat cheap, knowing communicable diseases is still largely kept in check.  I can live in less of a heightened awareness of violence because the affluence surrounding me demands law enforcement presence and a military shield.  Instead of bribing a local warlord to protect me, I get that nearly free arrangement by default.  I can live like a peasant ( it all being relative obviously ), enabling me to devote my life to my passion. 
*
So, I don’t have to answer the question, “have I wasted my life prepping”.  This is a serious question.  Some folks wake up to retirement one day and ask, hey, my life just passed away and I’m not happy.  Some folks, we lucky few, wake up towards the end of our life and ask, damn, that was it?  I spent so much effort prepping for the apocalypse, and it still isn’t here, and what have I done with my life?  That is a sad, depressing conversation to have with yourself.
*
I got lucky, and only wasted SOME of my life.  Like my father, I thought my job was going to be my life focus.  I thought I wanted a life in the military, but that turned out to be a corporate kiss-ass Politically Correct bureaucratic life, like any other soul sucking private sector job, just in funny looking uniforms.  It wasn’t Old Timey ice cream delivery dude uniform funny, but it was close.  Other than that, it was just another corporation.  So, I floated groundless after that, for a time.  Then one day I realized I wanted to be more than a wallet to the ex-wife.
*
The rest is history.  Even if you are old, it is never too late to start.  Live life as if quality mattered instead of quantity.  There is no reason to live long if you don’t really care for that life.  If you decide to go all in on your dream, if that degrades your preparedness, well, tough noogies.  You’ll die sooner, but as long as you die happy, where was the harm?  I’d rather lose readers and supporters, knowing you started fulfilling your life passion.  No matter what it is.
*
I mean, did you hear mine?  Reading to understand what makes society and people tick.  What is under THAT cover?  On the face of it, that seems a silly thing to be passionate about.  It doesn’t matter how silly it is, what matters is that yours is the passion that burns hotter than a thousand suns.  It is what makes YOU happy.  I don’t mean happy in sloth or sin, but what you enjoy doing that is a positive activity.  Video game playing is just sloth, but playing and developing them or researching them in depth analyzing and dissecting, perhaps making YouTube videos-SOMETHING, anything constructive-that is a life dedicated to a passion. 
*
Even if you are just enabling others to waste their life playing video games, as long as you are creating and building, not just consuming, that is still a life worth living.  So what if your legacy was an online magazine of video game reviews.  If it helped others enjoy life as you did yours, isn’t that a win?  Who is to say others playing video games wasn’t just a stress relief from a non-profit job helping disaster victims?  You can’t judge others lives as worth living, just your own.
*
Your life is short.  The life of our empire and hence our surplus is short.  Enjoying while you can is no sin.  Do you still need to prepare?  Sure.  Just don’t lose sight of what can make you happy, even if that means you trade in for security to some degree.  But this is your last chance to do what you love.  Soon, it will just be a return to toil and lack of choices.
( .Y. )
( today's related Amazon link click here )
*
note: BF, many thanks for the PayPal donation. 
*
Please support Bison by buying through the Amazon links here ( or from http://bisonprepper.com/2.html or www.bisonbulk.blogspot.com ). Or PayPal www.paypal.me/jimd303 

*** Unless you are in extreme poverty, spend a buck a month here, by the above donation methods ( I get 4% of the Amazon sale, so you need to buy $25 worth for me to get my $1 ) or mail me some cash/check/money order or buy a book ( web site for free books, Amazon to pay just as a donation vehicle ).
*** My e-mail is: jimd303@reagan.com  My address is: James M Dakin, 181 W Bullion Rd #12, Elko NV 89801-4184 ***E-Mail me if you want your name added to the weekly e-newsletter subscriber list.
*** Pay your author-no one works for free.  I’m nice enough to publish for barely above Mere Book Money, so do your part.*** junk land under a grand *  Lord Bison* my bio & biblio*   my web site is www.bisonprepper.com *** Wal-Mart wheat***Amazon Author Page
* By the by, all my writing is copyrighted. For the obtuse out there



2 comments:

  1. Yep, Party like it's the last week until that asteroid strikes. Over the long time line horizon of a person's lifespan they could keep doing little preps, that would really add up immensely. Just be consistent and try to progress as often as you can. Then you'll eventually be kitted out like a Unicorn Cavalryman hoisting the flir rifle in a charge to smite the sinners. Hoorah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lousy sinners. Probably never respected the hair, either! :)

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS HAVE BEEN CLOSED