Thursday, September 5, 2019

relocation issues


RELOCATION ISSUES
Almost all of us probably have to relocate. I should be near twenty miles down the road in my double top secret hermitage ( but probably never will, choosing quality of life now over quantity later. I waited all my life for a meaningful relationship and by gum won't give it up for the apocalypse. Not that it is too terribly populated here. I have done a lot worse ). Most of us will just muddle through where we are. Some of us actually want to move. Just keep in mind, there is no great place, and they will all get worse.
*
Now, some places you really, honestly need to move from. You did NOT want to be in Rome for the invasions, sacking, fires and famine, disease and depopulation. Few areas of the empire escaped some kind of trouble that the die-off caused, so you could not escape danger. All you could do is minimize it. That is where the US is today. You can only minimize the effects of Spicy Times, not eliminate them. Think, increasing your odds rather than stacking the deck in your favor. Every good Escape State is now sucking ass due to invasion, to include perennial favs such as Idaho.
*
Heard about Los Angeles lately? It is experiencing elevated rates of Turd World disease outbreaks, those kinds of diseases that we were supposed to have eradicated as the Indispensable Nation. That doesn't mean you get leprosy if you visit ( for that, go over to India, Toilet Of The Orient ). It simply means that Rome is already falling and we play our fiddles listening to the sweet therapeutic notes of Fracking Forever and Global Currency. Expect ANY location to be at a 8.9 on a scale of ten on the Suck-O Meter ( full 10 for NY, Detroit, etc ).
*
Thirty years ago, Nevada was a conservative, Near Libertarian small government cowboy state. Even Vegas was a decent town. Twenty years ago the writing was on the wall. Ten years ago even Californians decided Texas was a better choice. Now? Texas is turning purple, just with a later starting date ( but will move quicker with urbanization trends and a larger base for Brown Demographics ). I can't believe how quickly Florida is going Full Retard PC. How long will Oklahoma last once Texans start fleeing their Sanctuary State to go there ( when I lived there, it was Blacks but no Hispanics. Now? )
*
When we whine that we are being replaced, you need to understand that is nationwide. There are a few states losing population, but you better be able to survive in a climate just short of Alaska ( and don't consider Alaska unless you can make a go of it without petroleum. The tap is just a trickle there now, and we do NOT need the state now that we aren't fighting Russia. Expect it to be one of the first to go as resources for subsidizing colonies dry up, especially once it is discovered the melting Arctic isn't a hollow sphere of petroleum goo ).
*
Relocation considerations do NOT need to take into consideration nuclear war target fallout as much as they do economic collapse and Peak Oil. We don't have to run OUT of oil for you to see supply disruptions. Too hot, there will be no water ( along with way too many retirees ) and too cold there will be no heat. Nevada ain't no North Dakota or East Montana, and I can survive in a shallow dug out. Any colder and it would be far more challenging ( especially considering there are no longer any buffalo chips for a fire ).
*
So, it isn't as easy as the book on relocation makes it to be. It isn't JUST about nuclear missile silos anymore. It isn't just about a job. It isn't just one thing. Immigration, crime, Blue cities. With so much that can go wrong screwing up a place, you must now pick NOT the perfect place but rather the Least Evil place. Ain't that a kick in the codpiece? In just ten years everything got so much worse that the escape option is closing. Not too long ago, you could vote with your feet and go back to pre-1960's Americana.
*
Now? You have got to be crapping me. The BEST you can do now is going back to the early '90's when PC wasn't completely out of control ( and that metric is quickly being pushed up. Soon, the “best” place will simply be “well, at least it ain't California”, because that state will constantly be pushing its own Full Retard score upwards ). I know I have many minions living in California. I know there actually are states worse than yours ( not mine, not anymore. Free at last, bitches! ). New Jersey. Hawaii. Maryland? Not sure about that one, but the place is a craphole.
*
But I think California is the scapegoat because it was such a perfect place to live. I mean, no one cares about New Jersey. They agreed to play Prison Bitch to NYC, and they pretty much deserve whatever they get. Hawaii? We White Boys know we don't belong there, and WE deserve whatever we get there. Hell, the place was crap in the early 80's when I visited-if I knew to look it was California in twenty years. But Cali was the perfect blend of weather and our culture. Which we voluntarily let destroy itself. Missouri, of all places, actually improved as Cali went to the dogs.
*
California was a prize we lost, the other craphole Blue states were never very nice places to begin win, full of Puritan Scum or full of old Yankee retired bastards in what were primordial swamps to begin with. So, yeah, your state gets picked on because it was such a disappointment. Nevada was nothing more than a southern nuclear test pit and northern cow grazing, with gambling thrown in out of desperation ( the politicians couldn't get rich off exploiting ranchers alone ).
*
So, yes, there are some places that simply shouldn't be residential choices. The DC to Boston Corridor is 20% of the nations population ( thank you, John Wilder, for that visualization we all knew but didn't comprehend. John is HERE and if you don't follow him I'm afraid I'll be forced to put your Minion Membership on double top secret probation ). Don't be close to there. Southern California on the coast. Southeastern Texas. Seattle and the Great Lakes. That really does leave most of the country to pick from, so quit your bellyaching.
*
Of the remaining areas, simply pick as low of population as possible, while still having a job. ALL areas will have too many people. I guarantee it. ALL states will be moving towards Blue, if for no other reason one or two cities are full of Blue immigrants ( Nevada is kidnapped by one city, Las Vegas, with Reno desperately trying to catch up. Oklahoma has two populated cities, also with all the jobs, that control the state. Your rural state should be similar ).
*
Ten years ago I could name names on where to flee to. It is no longer that easy as we all race to the bottom. So don't expect a magic solution or easy answer when we continue tomorrow.
( .Y. )
( today's related Amazon link click HERE )
*
note: free for today books.  Not sure about this one-female author and it looks more horror than PA HERE
*
note: Wal-Mart responds to my e-mail over their anti-gun policies with a generic bland form letter.  In essence, they are so shocked and dismayed they simply must do something ( which for some reason includes no longer selling handguns in Alaska.  Well, which is it?  What is evil, plastic poodle shooters or handguns? ).  But they respect the "heritage" of hunters.  Yeah, retards, the Second Amendment is about hunting.  Now I want to completely sever any business with them.  Goodbye, Vudu streaming service, hello higher prices on about a half dozen items I get regularly.  I was wrong about the effectiveness of boycotts.  They ARE working.  Let's get another Gillette Moment started!
*
Please support Bison by buying through the Amazon links here ( or from http://bisonprepper.com/2.html or www.bisonbulk.blogspot.com ). Or PayPal www.paypal.me/jimd303 

*** Unless you are in extreme poverty, spend a buck a month here, by the above donation methods ( I get 4% of the Amazon sale, so you need to buy $25 worth for me to get my $1 ) or mail me some cash/check/money order or buy a book ( web site for free books, Amazon to pay just as a donation vehicle ).
*** My e-mail is: jimd303@reagan.com My address is: James M Dakin, 181 W Bullion Rd #12, Elko NV 89801-4184 ***E-Mail me if you want your name added to the weekly e-newsletter subscriber list.
*** Pay your author-no one works for free. I’m nice enough to publish for barely above Mere Book Money, so do your part.*** junk land under a grand *  Lord Bison* my bio & biblio* my web site is www.bisonprepper.com *** Wal-Mart wheat***Amazon Author Page
* By the by, all my writing is copyrighted. For the obtuse out there

43 comments:

  1. Thanks for writing this important piece.

    Since I retired recently, I sit in a rented room eating Fig Newtons and Tostitos while reading about how to plan for the collapse. Didn't spend much time ever thinking about it while busily working, but now it's "Teach yourself so as to prepare your kids."

    New Jersey? The old joke was "My girlfriend asked me to kiss here where it is wet and smelly, so I took her to New Jersey."

    California? Seriously. I might just as well stay here and not freeze or roast since I'm unwelcome in the Redoubt. I wonder if the folks up there ever thought about how the Left, once in control of the military, would plan to dispose of an isolated area where a huge percentage of "rednecks" live?

    Nebraska looks nice and red, and rural, but it's flat and that makes it easy for the tanks, right?

    Just read that crime is down in Maine due to CCW laws. See American Thinker. Deport Steven King and I might move to Maine.

    I agree with you, Jim. Stay away from people in large numbers.

    My car won't have CA plates. I'll just put on the paper dealer billboards, or whatever they call it. I saved 'em.

    Funny how we don't attribute the purple-ing to K-12 indoctrination and illegal immigration. I think this guy is more right than people will admit.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NH0uW4l2Wkg

    It's too easy to say, "You came from California and you caused my state to change." Never understood how refugees fleeing taxes and regulations would suddenly change their minds once they got to Texas, or Montana.

    I was in Idaho and went to church in Twin Falls recently. Conservative and orthodox sermon by the priest. After Mass, I thought I was in So Cal: a lady shangai'd the priest outside the church and seemed animated about something, but since she spoke Spanish I had no idea what she seemed to be lecturing the man about.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My folks moved out of Cali about a decade after I did, to get much more house for their money. And lower taxes. It was a mercenary move, not a cry for freedom. And I have to hear all the time how great Cali is and how this rural dump sucks ( don't get me wrong-I respect the heck out of my dad. I'm pointing out the mentality ). Cali was one of the bellwethers "professionalizing" jobs. In other words, less experience, aptitude or OJT and more ONLY school certification. My folks thinks that is progressive and superior. They think they would be helping this state by "modernizing" it. They don't look at it politically. That is the camel under the tent flap that Cali refugees use to change everywhere else. Another instance. They are far from racist. But a little racism would be a good thing, when it came to Latino immigration, wouldn't it? They aren't changing other states to Big Government, in their view, they are enlightened and only want to help the ignorant hicks. Another avenue of change would simply be to protect their home values. You can see what problems that would cause ( more zoning, etc ). No one moves and thinks they are doing evil. But they sure as hell do.

      Delete
    2. Okay, your deep thinking skills are showing. So the new rebuttal to my whining is "Fix where you live." And a writer over at American Partisan says "don't take the Afrikanner farmers" and beleaguered Germans who hate Sharia because "half of them are the problem."

      Back here, I wonder how the State of Jefferson movement is doing in separating and forming a 51st state? If they can make it happen, who will they want and who will they reject? That is more of a rhetorical question, but progressives have claimed that history is the record of movements of people. I'm no progressive, but I don't see a solution to fixing California.

      Delete
    3. No. You cannot fix where you live. It is out of your control. The far away city controls you. The most you can do is isolate and insulate. Now, there might come a Spicy Times civil war, which will force you to take sides, and THEN you'll have some say in changing things, one target at a time. If Jefferson lives, it will be from blood being shed. The political approach has already been lost.

      Delete
    4. Forty years ago I moved from California (born and raised in Los Angeles) to Colorado to get away from the that culture/mindset. Now that I'm getting ready to retire I've been looking for a good place to relocate once again since my state has gone blue. What I've found is exactly what Jim and the other commenters have pointed out - there's no good place to run anymore. Even the states with promising rural places to live are controlled by the liberals in the major population centers. I'm thinking I might just stay where I am. Better the devil you know...

      Delete
    5. Right, why sacrifice for little to no gain expect temporary satisfaction? I'd just go as rural and isolated as I could right there.

      Delete
    6. You could do worse than Modern Mayberry. There are a multiplicity of small towns in the West and Midwest in either Red States or Red Areas. Just count on being 90+ miles from Red Lobster.

      It's also cheap to live here, population density is low, food production is high, and there are no traffic jams except at the football stadium after the game on Friday night.

      Why do people subject themselves to big cities?

      Delete
    7. Because people are sheep lead around by the nose.

      Delete
  2. Sweet Baby Jesus On A Rollercoaster! Sorry!!!! I just accidentally deleted two comments by the same minion-I believe both were targeted for this article. One commented along the lines "I guess Wal-Mart is added to Dick's, Gillette, etc" the other said "guess I'll have to start buying at thrift stores to withdraw support" ( hope I got that close ). I didn't mean to delete you. I hope this isn't early Daryl Dementia onset. Second time I've done this now. I've even had several cups of coffee already. Just not focused enough as my mind wanders picking out today's topic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, my comment was deleted so I'll just re-type the only important thing I wrote:

    New Jersey is like a modified old joke, where the gal says to her man, "Kiss me where it's wet and smelly," so he drives her to New Jersey to make out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah , Never get the idea that you just might have to bug out and run for your life eh ?
    Spent about thirty some hours the other day whether to run or not...Dorian sat there about a hundred miles southeast of the house for well over a day spinning in one place (say bu bye to Freeport !! )
    Believe me I'd have run if I thought it was gonna come here with those 185 mph winds with gusts to 220.
    Thankfully when it came past here , it was well offshore and we only saw a max of sixty mph winds.
    Was fully hunkered down and ready for war tho...
    We gets lots of practice herebouts

    Sure feeling bad for a bunch of people which I'm friends with over in the Abaco's. Still waiting for news of them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep, stay away from northern NH. Nothing to see here. Keep on moving. Too cold. Stay away. Nothing but moose to eat. Too few people to steal from and they are all armed. Terrible place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One reason I'll always have a soft spot for Rawles-he keeps a lot of folks out of Nevada. For that, I can forgive him being an officer, in MI, a unoriginal thinker, etc.

      Delete
  6. I was talking in Lowes with an acquaintance yesterday who I had not seen in a few years. He has a nice small farm/survival type place in the woods.

    He says there is going to be a 'financial reset' globally so he is seriously thinking about selling his farm and moving to Costa Rica.

    I told him I thought it was a bad idea because he is white and that in hard times people go tribal. In other words, he is moving to a nonwhite tribe and hoping he'll fit in and survive.

    Costa Rica is OK now for white Americans but in the future?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right on the money. White will be the new bullseye, in some places here, but everywhere ( even Europe-ha! ) elsewhere.

      Delete
    2. "Costa Rica is OK now for white Americans but in the future?"

      Not sure if you follow Jim Willie or even care about him but he's been in Costa Rica for more than a decade. Learned the language and developed extensive "family" there...and it nearly cost him his livelihood. He has noted that there is so much fraud and deceit there - coming form both the natives and the expats - that he's thinking of leaving. He's reported losing well into six figures from fraud by the locals, government, and the "legal" system there. Just an FYI...

      Delete
    3. I content it is absolutely no different here, with our institutionalized corruption. It all depends if you become a target or not-the outcome is the same in both places.

      Delete
    4. In kind, yes. In scale and pervasiveness, no. There's a far greater track record of that sort of institutionalized theft going on in Latin American countries. I won't weigh in on why I believe that to be the case, though.

      Delete
    5. Granted, but it pisses me off that it has happened here at all. We weren't supposed to be a Turd World country. Although, they did joke about just that twenty years ago with Hanging Chads.

      Delete
  7. LOL, that was me that you deleted, and yes you got it close enough.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good thing I'm right enough to counter my Idiot times :)

      Delete
  8. Relocate? Bugout?...

    Center of the Universe here.
    Within the shadow of Almighty God's Celestial throne.

    Like wine from the press, soothing waters slack our thirst.

    Fruits of our orchard as the bosom of a maiden. Soft, sweet and fragrant.

    Tall is the cotton, heavy hangs the wheat.

    Our herds and flocks like stars in the night sky, unending.
    Our horses fleet and sleek.

    Our women's beauty unmatched, their lips as honey.

    The Earth yields her treasure, rivers of oil flow our wealth abounds.

    Gen. Sam delivers unto our foes a battle of annihilation....the abomination of desolation lay in his wake.

    Remember Goliad! Remember the Alamo!

    Stay out all you varmits. We're full up.

    You poor pitiful bastards. Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know karma is propaganda for sad sacks. DC will fall last, just to prove how resilient evil is.

      Delete
  10. You can all thank the Warren Supreme Court for this- by "this", I mean the domination of every rural state by one or two cities. It is not an accident- prior to the mid 1960's, States used to have State Senators proportioned by the counties, just as the Federal Senators are proportioned by the States. This was done as a measure to ensure every county had equal weight,to prevent the cities from dominating. The case Reynolds vs Sims destroyed that arrangement, as the USSC ruled it was not "equal" enough. So State Senators then had to be apportioned by numbers of voters, just like the state representatives.
    On his retirement, Chief Justice Eal Warren stated it was the most important case of his tenure on the court.

    And that, my friends, is why Seattle rules Washington, Portland rules Oregon, Denver rules Colorado, Las Vegas rules Nevada, etc- the USSC made a decision to screw the rural residents out of any chance of equal representation and turn the system over to the tyranny of the majority.
    By the way, this is EXACTLY what the effort to overturn the electoral college is all about- to disenfranchise the rural states, and have the most populous ones rule.
    This decision is right up there with Miller as one I would like to see overturned. The effrontery to overturn the States electoral system, which in most cases was directly modeled after the Federal system set up by the Founders, is a damned disgrace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, I learned something new today. Thank you-I wasn't aware of all that. You can be my new favorite minion. But just for awhile. Sorry, I'm fickle and easily distracted.

      Delete
    2. Late to the party here but thank you for that education.

      Delete
  11. Everyone is still to comfortable yet but bring a little pain or even the thought of future pain and people will start taking steps again...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know if they are in denial or they know something is coming but they are too lazy or cowardly to do anything about it...

      Delete
    2. Right, taking the extra steps to deny even harder :)

      Delete
    3. Been trying to get people to build Communities for years now but trying to get people to overcome their normalcy bias is a hard hurdle to overcome...There is hope though because I have reached a few that have made that decision to move...So I won't give up hope and will keep plodding forward...

      Delete
    4. You have more staying power than I. I finally gave up and concentrate of singing to the choir.

      Delete
    5. Yea but the choir isn't going to be doing anything different and clearly that isn't working so I try for those who just need a little push and they already know the power of working in groups to get things done...

      Delete
    6. Well, I grant you that. SOME readers see the frugal/genteel poverty light. And even if all anyone is is entertained, perhaps they will retain enough talking points it helps them out one day.

      Delete
  12. Sixth generation Texan here. My beloved state has gone from waving at your neighbor when you pass on the road to getting flipped off when I drive my tractor down the farm to market road. The disconnect between rural folk and city dwellers is no longer able to be bridged. I've already bought a plot in Oklahoma but I'm thinking I might need another one in another state in case that Oklahoma becomes overwhelmed. I'm sure you Okies don't like us Texans coming up there but I can no longer stand these pathetic skinny jean wearing softies that are invading from California and Illinois. They laugh at our cowboy heritage and make light of how we speak. Never thought I would see the day I would feel uncomfortable in this republic of Texas. Problem is they overwhelm us locals with their sheer numbers. All they do is gripe and bitch about how we do things here. It's hard for us to understand this mentality because a true Texan doesn't complainant doesn't stick his nose in others business.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, gee, I mean, "farm to market" is pretty hard to translate, isn't it? :)

      Delete
    2. Nice, patriotic people in Texas, not including expatriates from other places. Sorry to hear about this. I checked the electoral map and the legislature, it's 39 to 9, R's to D's. In the House, it's 77 to 24, R's to D's. I think OK is a wise choice, but hopefully not too many of you will go because we cannot afford the loss of Texas electorally. It may be too late. One of our CA elected officials lost his seat due to demographics and started a company to help Californians escape to Texas. I don't know how many he's helped and if they helped ruin Texas. Google Paul Chabot Conservative Move company.

      When I leave CA I will be so hidden somewhere else that it won't matter to the locals. And I won't drive my car there until the plates come off.

      Delete
    3. Who the hell would pay money to learn how to rent a U-Haul and drive east? Proof that Cali's are flamming idiots. I should post this on Aesop's, really give him a heart attack. That boy loves his state like I love boobs. A bit too fanatical to be healthy. ( .Y. )

      Delete
    4. Seems like the globalists have spawned enterprises by folks who know that fear leads to profits. I dunno.....

      This ( . Y . ) is really quite creative.

      Delete
    5. Not my design. Picked it up while reading that new Mars book they made a movie on:
      https://amzn.to/3002N44
      Loved it so much it has been the article sign-off for some time now.

      Delete

COMMENTS HAVE BEEN CLOSED