Monday, March 18, 2019

boycott cherry


BOYCOTT CHERRY
Today we once again discuss boycotting.  Simply, it doesn’t work, it hasn’t for some time and you only end up hurting yourself.  Yes, I know I have a dog in this fight, as about half my income comes from Amazon sales commission.  I could tell you that I’m immune from this influence, but I can really only leave that for you to decide.  I know eventually if trends continue I’ll lose both that income and possibly my presence on Google Blogger.  Which amusingly had a screenshot the other day saying they don’t approve of or check any blog content.
*
I hope this is so.  It would be nice if someone would assume free speech is a virtue rather than a vice.  Let all those Euro-Trash Kommie Kunts lock you up for disapproving of Muzzies or Israeli influence in sovereign nations affairs ( while I don’t approve, disliking national strategy is not the same as disapproving of a culture or religion, nor is it ignoring America’s similar actions ).  I don’t approve of censorship or gun control, and I understand the losses of freedom.  I also must admit to a general roundabout adherence at least to some degree of those rights still.
*
Gun control IS wrong, but your personal choices are also somewhat the culprit.  Nothing is honestly keeping you locked up in NYC or DC or other mostly gun free zones.  Your freedom is a one way Greyhound ticket away.  Only YOU are keeping yourself from being armed.  Obviously the ballot box is never going to work again ( and, I’ll throw out there now, voting is THE best example of boycotting not working worth a damn.  You boycotted Democrats your whole life.  They still get most of their crap passed, even through Republican controlled administrations ). 
*
Voting with your feet still works.  Perhaps one day, under the auspices of energy conservation during the next oil shortage, interstate travel will be banned.  But until that time, those in charge certainly do NOT want internal immigration to cease.  How else will all the illegal Mexicans move from Sanctuary State California to the rest of the nation?  Take advantage of that, boycott the commie clusters, and vote for more freedom.  Boycotting states doesn’t work either, by the way.  Immigrants just take your place, and tax revenues remain high, even if they have to come from the federal government from welfare.
*
I was reading an article by Ron Unz, on yet more books being banned by Amazon.  Which of course pissed me off to no end.  I take books VERY seriously.  Some scumbag douche monkey molesting whore who folds a corner over on a page to save their place deserves a horse whipping.  Likewise, a rectal munching twat who wastes paper and ink turning drivel such as a ghostwritten Obammy political screed into a book should be tarred and feathered.  Book burners should be burned themselves, and book banners need to wear a pair of concrete boots and be given a free day at the beach. 
*
Bezos banning books makes me livid!  For goodness sakes, he’s even now banning books by Nation Of Islam Blacks.  During Black History Month.  I’m not sure when “tentatively” turns into “a gusher of every Wrong Think item possible”.  Alas, my overly analytical nature came to my rescue.  I did nothing rash, like eliminating Amazon ads and moving all my books to Lulu.  Amazon isn’t even really a book company anymore.  And I was hardly buying any more mail order books anyway, before the bans started.  I wasn’t buying for other reasons.
*
The large companies publishing already went Full Retard communist.  The independent authors almost universally publish crap unfit for High School newspapers.  I already have so many reference books that it is almost a complete waste to continue purchasing those, and the fiction authors I Must Buy from ( on one hand, the number of authors I buy immediately and unquestionably.  A shout out to:
) I don’t need Amazon’s help.  They could publish anywhere.  Amazon is evil.  I grant you this.  Amazon is also LESS evil in a lot of cases.  Perhaps Wal-Mart is worse, yes?
*
If I want affordable clothing I cannot get from a thrift store ( too long of legs with not wide enough waist, it is hard to find slacks ), Amazon is a much better buy than Wally ( in SOME things.  Wal-Mart still gets my business for tightie whities, which are twice the price on Amazon ).  Wal-Mart with very few exceptions sells very poor quality clothing.  If I boycott Amazon, should I then buy from Wal-Mart, a company that has personally screwed me over way more often than Amazon? Amazon might be owned by a rich humper that wants communism, but he doesn’t screw customers.
*
And yes, I’m aware of the issue of working for the man, plus some screwing of vendors.  But isn’t Wal-Mart MUCH worse on both accounts?  All I can do is compromise, and Cherry Pick Boycott.  Meaning, I give ALL companies I don’t like as little of my business as is possible, because I know I only hurt myself with any complete boycott.  The best hand lotion I’ve found ( I must keep my skin on my fingers from cracking in the winter, so as to write )?  Wal-Mart.  The generic type for a buck.
*
So, I should spend three times that amount, or use half as much, to punish Wal-Mart?  Remember, I have no ax to grind with the company on a political or philosophical level.  Wal-Mart didn’t open trade with China.  They were only one of many big box stores shutting down small businesses.  They still sell guns, affordable firearms, even if they don’t sell semi’s.  That actually HELPS small businesses, doesn’t it?  My only beef with Wally is the many times they screwed me selling bottom of the barrel quality items. But I still go back there.
*
To cherry pick only the best and cheapest.  Their behavior cost them 90% of my retail dollars, and yet I haven’t screwed myself over.  Because I cherry pick everywhere else.  Yes, you argue, but the whole point of a boycott is that if each consumer shoulders a tiny bit of hardship, we put greedy bastards out of business.  True.  And if it stood a snowballs chance in Hell of working, I’d gladly share in that burden.  I used to go to see a movie in the theatre all the time.  Once movies turned crappy, I stopped.  Yet, they still churn out crappy movies.
*
I used to rent videos several times a week.  I stopped doing that, and the movies kept getting worse.  My boycott didn’t do a thing.  The movie companies just make a profit overseas.  I refuse to support the NRA, which if not actually evil are some incompetent idiots.  They are still in business.  If true that they pander to the gun industry rather than gun owners, a boycott solves nothing.  If I boycott Amazon for book censorship, will that work?  No.  They also sell overseas.  And let me elaborate on that, as it is important.
*
America is no longer a unified nation.  I maintain it is far more balkanized and divided even compared to 1861, but your opinion may vary on that.  Regardless, absolutely no case can be made for any kind of happy outcome from here.  We are several if not dozens of different nations, held against our will in a union and bribed to shut up with imperial booty.  If every single White Male Conservative was united in their views, we still would not be 20% of the population.  Amazon is selling to the other 80%, “overseas” or “foreigners”.  Your boycott is senseless.
*
The country is going to fragment from politics and civil war, and our economic system is going to implode from unsustainable practices.  How is boycotting anyone going to be worth a wet fart in a rainstorm?  The only one hurt from a futile gesture is you, unable to stockpile as many supplies.  Not only that, once you start boycotting, where do you stop?  You cannot wear shoes, due to the child labor practices.  You can’t use any illicit drugs, due to the cartels practicing slavery.  Should you even be eating crops grown with monopoly company seeds?
*
If you buy anything from China, they use political prisoner labor.  If you buy a Ford truck, it is from a Mexican factory.  Don’t eat Hershey’s, since they also moved to Mexico.  Did you fill up on Saudi Arabia gasoline?  They are practicing genocide in Yemen.  I trust you aren’t buying Tula ammunition, which would be unpatriotic.  Don’t buy an RV, even if you can find one of decent quality, since they kicked all the Union folks out of the assembly plant and hired minimum wage workers.  Don’t eat any grocery store meat, since they probably hire illegals.
*
See where I’m going with this?  What good is picking a pet peeve boycott, when ALL your buying supports evil?  That house you are living in?  Mexican labor.  Your bread came from a company that displaced a family farm.  Your vacation to Hawaii supports a company profiting off of the illegal overthrow of the sovereign Hawaiian government.  The company you work for is probably suppressing free speech and pushing the PC agenda, AND funding Democrat candidates.  I could go on for days.  Instead, relax.  Go fund the end of the world bunker on subsidized cheap crap.  It will all be over soon.  Big centralized evil replaced by smaller units of decentralized local evil.
( .Y. )
( today's related Amazon link click here )
*
note: free books.  EMP here.  Dystopia here.  
*
note: I just had a minion notify me he never got his e-mail newsletter.  If you don't hear from me by Saturday noon, my time, feel free to pester me by e-mail ( I usually do a final check at 3:00pm ).  
*
Please support Bison by buying through the Amazon links here ( or from http://bisonprepper.com/2.html or www.bisonbulk.blogspot.com ). Or PayPal www.paypal.me/jimd303 

*** Unless you are in extreme poverty, spend a buck a month here, by the above donation methods ( I get 4% of the Amazon sale, so you need to buy $25 worth for me to get my $1 ) or mail me some cash/check/money order or buy a book ( web site for free books, Amazon to pay just as a donation vehicle ).
*** My e-mail is: jimd303@reagan.com  My address is: James M Dakin, 181 W Bullion Rd #12, Elko NV 89801-4184 ***E-Mail me if you want your name added to the weekly e-newsletter subscriber list.
*** Pay your author-no one works for free.  I’m nice enough to publish for barely above Mere Book Money, so do your part.*** junk land under a grand *  Lord Bison* my bio & biblio*   my web site is www.bisonprepper.com *** Wal-Mart wheat***Amazon Author Page
* By the by, all my writing is copyrighted. For the obtuse out there

18 comments:

  1. Yes. Offenders that dog ear book pages should get a hammer blow to a hand pinned down on a table top by Rocco and Louie. I agree with the tactical and much larger macro strategic course of not letting your own personal social justice warrioring cloud judgement of a much more imperative prepping mission. Since there is only one rule: (1) "Don't Die!", that is my only focus. I will just be more discerning and scrutinize products for quality or robustness, value of cost versus necessary utility, sale and closout price versus standard shelf tag price, it's general availability in a local economy, importability without restrictions or interruptions, and life span turnover rate requiring redundant multiple copies in storage reserve. The globalism, shipping infrastructure, cost competition wars, internet intelligence giving consumers knowledge power of pricing and sourcing all work more in the favor of a frugal prepper than a blissfully blind unicorn consumer. I study all the different weekly grocery sale circulars for trends, sale pricing-loss leaders, etc to be a "well armed shopper". Shopping forays outside the compound wire may require some lowering of one's desired standards and go slutting around for the best deals to stretch the dollars farther. (Going to ghetto dollar general for a few value items, versus only patronizing target in your Izod polo shirt with the collar stood up like an 80s retread and driving a Suburu) so..... the take away: skip the politics and social drama consumerist warfare battles, just stay on the path of your true purpose and mission.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. While it is all well and good to be a minimalist and non-consumer, to "starve the beast", when planning logistics for both a civil war and collapse you can't afford that philosophy. Always let the enemy supply you.

      Delete
  2. My wife has given me many nice bookmarks over the years but never has she given me one right at the instant I am going to start reading a new book. So, the nice ones just end up in my top dresser drawer with thousands of other things. When I start a new book I read til I'm done, then go tear a corner off a flyer or notepad and that is my bookmark for that book. People that abuse books should be dragged. Then set on fire.

    My boycotting method is perfect. For me. See, everything now is all about ME! Just me. I'm in the last few chapters of "My Life Story" so how could it be any other way? When I go into a store I don't buy one of everything they have in stock. I only buy stuff I want. Therefore, many of the entities that provide items for stores get boycotted by my ass automatically.

    Also, my mind changes, so I may buy different stuff the next time and then the old seller gets some of my boycott. Just about everybody gets a taste of the ghostsniper buycott frenzy in his constant journal toward the ultimate frugal life. Just think, one day I will stop buying for good and all the businesses in the whole wide world will bow to my permanent boycott!

    Do I give a shit that walmart sells skids that are made by abused women in sri lanka that only earn 3 cents a week? Hell no! Thats for them women to worry about. I got enough of my own things to contend with.

    Can I be bothered with the antics the NRA pulls? Hell no! I have zero influence over anything they are involved with. Yes sir, it's all about ME! And everybody elses gets to stick it where the sun don't shine.

    Oh, one last thing. The "professional" boycott movements want your contact info so they can make you feel proud. I've spent most of my life since uncle sam indoctrination NOT joining stuff and expect that behavior to continue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The boycotters want your contact info so they can sell that info to fund their hooker and blow money. Like all those charities. Give to one and suddenly they are all sending you solicitations. I really love Saint Jude's Childrens hospital as they have as pure of motives as I've seen. But beware they do sell your name if you donate too much.

      Delete
  3. “Which amusingly had a screenshot the other day saying they don’t approve of or check any blog content.”


    The main reason that I think that you’re relatively safe for now (and I stress the for now part) is that the big G, nor anyone else, really don’t care that much about blogs. The kids preferred medium these days is social media, where they are free from racism (except against whites) sexism (except against men) and “homophobia” (don’t you know? Homosexuality is the flavor of the month. Though I’ve been informed that it leaves a rather shitty taste in one’s mouth :D ).


    “Amazon might be owned by a rich humper that wants communism, but he doesn’t screw customers."


    You got me there. Bezos, and his merry band of curry consumers are some right fine folks when it comes to customer service. I had almost gotten as far with “Jawarahal” as for him to throw in one nubile indian daughter, before our negotiations fell through :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Jim. You're right about boycotts. Me going out and scooping a glass of water out of a tidal wave won't make any difference, it will just get me drowned trying to save some fruit fly in Ecuador.

    I know that nobody in their right mind would try to predict the timing of a collapse. So, what is your take on the issue?

    I shop with Amazon. We can go back as far as we want. All business starts somewhere and it expands. There are some that think all growth is bad. So, somebody invents a better mouse trap, good for them.

    Good article, as usual. Thank you. So, what's your timeline prediction?

    Frank

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've tempered my enthusiasm over the decades on trying to predict the collapse. That said, I see two big milestones. 2022 and 2030. The later is End Game, if you subscribe to the Olduvai Theory. Which I do. The former should be the end game on Fracking. I see those two dates as "no later than". Of course, 2008 Redux seems to already be unfolding, so those dates might be optimistic. This time, I think when This Sucker Goes Down, there won't be a recovery. I say this because everything seems to already be past the point of maximum exposure and dysfunction. There is no band-aid big enough for the gaping flesh wound. Granted, my never ceasing to amaze even myself paranoia might be responsible for that worry. I really don't even think we'll see the next election. Well, my two cents worth, for what it is worth.

      Delete
    2. We read the Olduvai series. A lot of complex characters in that thing. So, what happened to dad after he traveled north with a group of people, right toward the end of the book?

      I do think you're way to optimistic. I don't see us going much past the next election. Something will break loose between now and then with the DOJ & FBI. There are too many irons in this fire for someone not to get burned.

      Where ever you are is where you will be. Either way, thank you for your thoughts. It's going to be real cold where you are.....if you are even there. Since we lived all over bush Alaska we had a mail forwarding address in Anchorage. It actually counted as a physical address, too. Even the most popular bloggers have a mail forwarding address.

      Again, thanks for your thoughts. Look forward to reading you tomorrow.

      Frank

      Delete
    3. I have subscribed to the Limits to Growth business as usual model getting it just about right, 2030 plus or minus a decade. That is when the rapids turn into a waterfall.

      Delete
    4. The better their model turns out to be, the more they ignore it. Not bad for the time and what resources they had.

      Delete
    5. Frank-I'm too cheap for a mail forwarding address. My mail address is a rural cluster box. The cold weather here, added to lack of trees, is why I built underground. First winter down there it was three weeks of minus fifteen every morning. Without heat all night it stayed in the forties ( balmy compared to the above ground RV ). During the day just perking coffee and making dinner kept it around fifty ( we kept in wool all winter ). That was our Arctic vortex, so I'm pretty confident in regular winters after grid down. I dug like a fiend for many years, trying to race the collapse and the high desert winters.

      Delete
  5. re:
    Lotion

    Instead of trying to retain moisture with an external barrier, drink more water.

    And remember, coffee and tea are diuretics == your body steals water from its cells to flush those poisons. At work == Physical Therapist == we asked clients to keep an intake journal. Some coffee drinkers realized they were running a couple quarts low on water daily... resulting in chapped hands and cracked cuticles.

    ReplyDelete
  6. re:
    Latest false-flag

    I avoid newsprogramming like the plague it is, but this New Zealand mess takes the cake.

    Some wits saw five murderers. No helmets.
    Some wits saw two murderers with baseball caps. No helmets.
    Some wits saw a shave-headed male. No helmet.
    Some wits saw uniforms. No helmets.
    All this in addition to the patsy.

    The icing:
    Two decades in prison for anybody sharing the original video by the patsy... from his helmet camera.

    re:
    Amazon / Google

    We don't have to live like this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We don't have to live like this, but we do. Plenty of injustices over pretend evidence right here in The Land Of The Free. All those Frenchies over there Yellow Vesting? They have bigger balls, especially the girls, than all the chest pounding AR owners over here.

      Delete
    2. Continuing along in a similar vein to LM. Ever notice how when something like this goes down (with the rare one in a million white dude as the perpetrator) it’s due to the “rise in white nationalism” and we must censor such “hate speech” and have stricter gun control laws. But when some leftist sacred cow commits such an act, it’s:

      “we should be more compassionate, and try to better understand the problems facing our immigrant community.”

      I see the female PM of New Zealand couldn’t wait to push through more gun control legislation, in a country that already has strict as hell gun control. Much the same way as the female governor of South Carolina (among others) couldn’t wait to ban the Confederate flag, after some lone dude shot up a black church. Big mistake gentlemen.

      Delete
  7. On Bic lighters, great lighters and dependable for every day carry.
    But.... I have stockpiled them over time and find that Bics not more than 2 years old no longer work.
    It is not a fuel leak problem but a flint issue. The striker wheels are hard to turn or frozen in place. Removing the "child safety" metal strip doesnt help. If I can get the wheel to turn, just an anemic, tiny puff of smoke is produced - no spark.
    I think it is the flint oxidizing or degrading in some other way over time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This has got to be a recent development, as I've had decade old Bic's fire up no problem. How do you screw up a flint? Why would you? Now I'm pissed at the French, and I'm usually a big fan.

      Delete

COMMENTS HAVE BEEN CLOSED