Monday, February 4, 2019

the collapse will be televised


THE COLLAPSE WILL BE TELEVISED
A lot of minions are a bit older than I.  They are from a different era, the one prior to the collapse.  I am a child OF the collapse, never knowing any different.  To me, this is just normal.  I can read of that vanished era but I can only conceptualize it.  I can’t actually know what things were like back before the Kraken was released.  Which means I can’t really watch movies made much before I was born.  Television isn’t so bad, for some reason.  Hitchcock and Twilight Zone are easily digested.  Movies not so much.
*
The movies are from a foreign country, which the US was to me prior to the late 60’s.  Obviously things didn’t flip from one day to the next.  I grew up only as the cultural was gradually fading out, not after it was replaced.  I can easily relate to how life was, having a taste of it, but it was residual rather than central.  Front and center to my experience and consciousness has always been the center not holding.  Collapse being just a daily occurrence.  I accept it as gospel truth because that is all I ever knew.
*
The faint whiff of a life before the collapse was just that, actions of retreating troops.  I saw, first, degradation and only second people trying to keep a fading lifestyle.  Not that I had any knowledge of this at the time, or even until recently.  Growing up, I of course bought into the propaganda that the old people were desperately trying to hold on to the old, bad ways of doing things.  Why, it was simply Wunderbar that gals were free and Negroes were equal and yada, yada.  How could I know any different until all those freed prisoners had attacked me?
*
Now, I don’t take my upbringing and use it as an excuse.  Yes, I’m cynical and hateful and course and not very religious.  But that is just me.  I don’t blame all the new TV or movies for that.  I understand all the old time movies had a different civility to them, a traditional way of acting.  No cussing or acting badly to your fellows ( of course, once they betrayed social trust they were fair game ).  I don’t dislike them because of it, I just can’t watch them because in my reality that simply isn’t how people act. 
*
Was it a better time and a better way of doing things?  Certainly.  But the mannerisms of that time don’t resonate with me.  I can’t pretend I like them because I agree with the message.  I don’t embrace Japanese culture even though they are a homogenous tribe.  A peaceful unified village-that is a life I’d love.  But I don’t care about the Japanese even if they themselves live in that village.  It is the same with pre-Jim America.  A foreign country.  I don’t LIKE post Sixties Collapse culture, but it is the only one I know.
*
There is of course comfort in the devil you know.  That is why moving to a foreign country isn’t for me.  If I was older, and I ONLY knew pre-Jim America as normal, perhaps I’d be willing to flee to a similar culture.  And all that is long form to introduce the topic of Hollywood propaganda.  We look at the crap coming out of Hollywood, and we all get offended.  “Movies were BETTER back in my day”.  No, they weren’t better.  They were different.  There is a big difference.  They were better for YOU, and nothing wrong with that.
*
They were different in that they portrayed another culture, pre-Jim America.  They certainly weren’t better entertainment.  Again, they were DIFFERENT.  Quality has always been up and down the charts, influenced by talent and money.  Okay, for instance, a movie where people sing.  Oh. My. DOG!  People are SINGING!  Why can’t they talk?  Do people sing to each other in real life as a form of communication?  Or tap dance?  NO!  I’d imagine that these scenes were well made.  You can’t just save money by having a bunch of monkeys stumbling over each other.  But it was NOT entertaining to me.
*
If you are older, perhaps you don’t think bathroom humor is all that funny.  You aren’t entertained.  No matter how well done, such as in Dumb And Dumber.  We both think different things are better or worse, but that is because of our cultural filter.  Hollywood has always had lots of low budget and high budget items and high and low quality ( mixed and matched, of course.  And when I say Hollywood I also include New York TV-it is shorthand for MOST is manufactured there, or was, prior to recent cost cutting non-Union production ).
*
I am not a commie liberal that was indoctrinated rather than educated.  I do NOT believe everything in human nature is due to nurture.  I don’t think MOST is due to genetics ( nature ).  I think far more is nature than nurture, but you cannot discount culture.  The majority of humans are dumb as dirt, hardwired in certain ways and culture directs them to act appropriately to survive local conditions.  They drift through life without trying to use their brain.  Like a blond with a nice rack.  If it wasn’t for culture imprinted on them by society, most people would kill themselves off from stupidity.
*
Your childhood does play a lot into your teaching and beliefs.  You cannot have it any other way, because even the few smart people around are largely influenced by it.  For instance, how many smart people believe stupid crap like feminism or Gore Warming?  Those  only sound stupid once you’ve applied some research with some thinking on the matter, and if “smart” people don’t do that, how much do you think our upbringing misinforms us?  A LOT.  Not that there is anything wrong with cultural imprinting-it is normal and necessary. 
*
My point here is that most of us don’t think about most of what we were taught.  We just accept it.  And yes, movies and TV are a big part of that training.  But here is the thing.  Movies and TV are a business.  That is ALL they are.  And they reflect their audience.  Because the audience PAYS the bills.  You want to believe that Hollywood is an agent provocateur, an insidious outside force that is molding our minds.  You see this crap all the time. “Jews are evil collectivists and want to kill the American culture and they control our thoughts through political correctness”.
*
Well, okay, I don’t recall exactly what they say.  But Jews are blamed for our cultural disintegration.  For brainwashing us.  Sure, because we all know Jews are smarter than gentiles, right?  Well, since we all love stereotypes, why not “Jews are the world bankers and only care about money”.  If they only care about money, then…? What?  They LOSE money on films to get us brainwashed?  I don’t think so.  You can’t have it both ways.  Are they losing money to control us or making money entertaining us?  Stop pounding squares into circles!  Not everything fits one paradigm.
*
That shiny screen isn’t evil, it doesn’t exist to control you.  It is there because people in all times and culture want to minimize work and maximize leisure ( except the Puritans, and look at all the trouble that has caused ) and be entertained.  Hollywood can only entertain the most people by REFLECTING their thoughts, beliefs, desires and prejudices.  Hollywood, I am very sad to say, is JUST a mirror.  You don’t like what you see, I guess it is natural to find sinister forces to blame.  I have much more to blather.  Continued tomorrow.
( .Y. )
( today's related Amazon link click here )
*
note: free books.  Sorry, not PA.  But slim pickings, so this is the first in a vigilante series here.  
*
Please support Bison by buying through the Amazon links here ( or from http://bisonprepper.com/2.html or www.bisonbulk.blogspot.com ). Or PayPal www.paypal.me/jimd303 

*** Unless you are in extreme poverty, spend a buck a month here, by the above donation methods ( I get 4% of the Amazon sale, so you need to buy $25 worth for me to get my $1 ) or mail me some cash/check/money order or buy a book ( web site for free books, Amazon to pay just as a donation vehicle ).
*** My e-mail is: jimd303@reagan.com  My address is: James M Dakin, 181 W Bullion Rd #12, Elko NV 89801-4184 ***E-Mail me if you want your name added to the weekly e-newsletter subscriber list.
*** Pay your author-no one works for free.  I’m nice enough to publish for barely above Mere Book Money, so do your part.*** junk land under a grand *  Lord Bison* my bio & biblio*   my web site is www.bisonprepper.com *** Wal-Mart wheat***Amazon Author Page
* By the by, all my writing is copyrighted. For the obtuse out there



20 comments:

  1. Sure. Often people past a certain age bracket are straddling two different eras. The past old times they grew up in and have mental memories and life experiences of. The other is new current times that are indeed usually foreign terrain and culture. The take away element that a Minionite can deploy is that they by and large are indeed better educated, not corrupted indoctrinated and have a really good bullshit filter. This allows "us" types to pick what is useful and productive, and shitcan the useless nonsense. My television may be "on", but I don't live vicariously through it's programming. Just don't be the dorks jumping up and down in the background waving at live news crews live reporting on the collpase.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! "Waving to the news crew". The basis of all humor, and wealth creation, is almost always the pain and suffering of others. If you are on TV, you are making someone else money, and being a damn fool. And that was then. Doing it during the collapse ( like that poor Catholic School white boy ) is just dangerous.

      Delete
  2. Are You "Ready For Your Close-up Mr. DeJames"?

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have a lot of people who lived through the Great Depression of the 1930's who know 1st hand of what was experienced. Only it wasn't nearly as bad as our infrastructure wasn't nearly as much as today, nor were we dependent of supplies being trucked in daily.

    No resources from government. The grid was much smaller and much more limited. We were still an agarian economy, with the family farm supplying food for the local economy. And people as a whole were much more self-sufficient - they repaired their own homes - automobiles for example. Food was cooked from scratch. In short - pretty much what a collapse of society would be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All the benefits of family decentralization, but with the benefits of industrial centralization.

      Delete
    2. The other thing they had going for them was that the things they did own were built to last generations and were at worst, repairable by local craftsman if not by the owner.

      The houses were smaller on larger blocks of land. The quarter acre block didn't just come out of nowhere. That was deemed the right size for a family (mum, dad and three kids) to grow enough fruit and vegetables to offset their food requirements. Also it was a manageable size with the consideration of the Mum being a stay at home mum (heavy lifting done on the weekends, watering / weeding / harvesting during the week). And not that I expect any feminists / SJW to frequent this blog but that was by far superior to the utter mess that is current year.

      I read there were areas that didn't even know that the great depression occurred. All they knew was that the trains stopped coming to their town to collect produce. They just shrugged their shoulders and kept on with their lives, tightened their belts and kept on keeping on.

      Delete
    3. The 1% learned their lesson from that one ( those able to just keep going through the Depression ). Now nobody is independent from the money economy.

      Delete
  4. I think we are about the same age (I graduated high school in 1983, same as yourself as I believe). I suppose I’m the opposite, and can’t really watch much that was produced past the time that I was born. But modern television is the absolute worst. You can’t find anything today without an empowered fem, a turd burglar, a magical minority, or modern commercials/series making mixed race couples appear as the new norm, when it’s far from being so. The new Anne With an E series (An early 20th century period piece) is rife with girl power nonsense, and old timey homo’s. That Walton’s series, which was disguised as a “family values show” was probably one of the worst perpetrators of leftist agenda’s (In real life, “Grandpa” was a commie faggot, and I just hope that Jeremiah Johnson didn’t bend over in front of him while on the trapline, since Ol’ Jeremiah wasn’t going for “butt weasel” :D ) You’re also starting to see more and more fag couples with a kid, in some of these newer commercials, which is child abuse at its finest, if there ever was.

    To top it off, even when there isn’t any particular agenda being pushed, has anyone else noticed just how classless and vile some of these new commercials can be? I was watching some commercial the other day (I believe it was an Arby’s commercial?) and had to play it back, because I could have swore that the unseen narrator said the word “shit”? Sure enough, it was bleeped out, but that was exactly the word that was used, and it was easy to pick it out. I’m no prude, and of course such language does not offend me. But you have many older people and children watching these commercials. Very classless.

    Ditto on feminism. I don’t think that any one movement has done more damage than that one…

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I last watched broadcast TV four years ago. More often than not it lulled me to sleep after an exhausting day. I don't think I retained much. It also helped it was a seven inch TV ( I wonder if bigger TV's correlate with the brainwashing by sensory overload ). I have our Netflix TV hooked up to broadcast but I simply cannot watch it with the wall to wall commercials. Let alone watch the commercials. But seeing as how quick the 90's TV turned rabid feminazi, I'm inclined to think the last four years saw a huge exponential spike in trash talk and imploding culture.

      Delete
    2. I ruined my wife for the "Stupid man, smart woman" trope. She see's that all the time now whereas before she was oblivious to it.

      Delete
    3. Might as well get some comic relief out of it. Oh, snap! I got it! A drinking game where you have to do a shot every PC moment.

      Delete
  5. Bison,
    You put my suspicions into words. (Much of this comment has zero relevance to Bison because this occurred prior to the Bison birth. I 'get' that.)

    I grew-up on a farm in the early 1950s; my four grandparents lived next door. My dad was the youngest of seven; two of my uncles were born at the end of the 1800s. I am amazed I know folks alive during the time of Jesse James and Sitting Bull.

    Granpa Jack was chums with 'little Dutchman' Teddy Roosevelt.

    I grew-up while everyplace was LEAVE IT TO BEAVER; in the early-1970s at university in Vancouver BC, I was comfortable since it reminded me of my youthful community.

    Hula hoops, yes.
    Michael Jackson, no so much.
    Women entitled to chivalry, yes.
    Women cis-identified to be entitled to 'Xir they', far less than not so much.

    Colored folk were always addressed with a sincere 'Sir' or 'Maam'. Anything less disrespected our community. Our conversations started with "Mister Washington / Miss Hankers, tell me about when you were a kid..."

    Their response started with a sigh and a settling. "Well, youngun, this was a while back, before you were around..."

    And like Bison, solidly engineered antiques keep my interest.
    Armalite Rifles? Cute toys, functional rather than collectable heirlooms.

    Now, somebody please explain televisionprogramming. My elders had the habit of pointing to [persons of the Jewish religion] performers... mentioning something about hiding their religious affiliation by adopting names with a Caucasian sound.

    "Benny. You know he's a..."
    "Marx. You know he's a..."
    "Danny Kay? Take a guess..."
    Bogart. Emanuel Goldstein aka Edgar G. Robinson.
    By that point, I had my suspicions about Lawrence Welk and Ed Sullivan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perhaps my generations norm of lack of elder respect had to do with the perception ( what did we know, at that age? ) those bastards screwed it all up for us. Plus, we witnessed first hand the chaos. Shoot-out at the Olympics, rampant divorce, hand to mouth with just one breadwinner. More I'm suppressing :D Not an excuse-an explanation. Also, I love history, so pre-Jim era is still interesting if only in that context ( "oh, look at those cute Puritans, Mayans, Greatest Generation" )

      Delete
  6. Although articles and comments are accurate or appropriate to the conversation topics, an A.I. algorythym or intereperative screening operative will "decide" this activity to be hate speech, inflammatory, and in violation of terms of use rules. Those are antiquated belief systems and public discourse or dissemination of such is, or will be, prohibited. Those old people and old ways of thinking will be either suppressed, and or silenced so as to not be offensive and hateful to the new people and new thoughts. Those offenders may expect demerit points levied against social scores. Those participants should pay attention for any color coding or alpha numeric signage or markings placed upon one's dwelling, vehicle, or other identity markers. All those Archie Bunker types will be relegated, memory holed, and expiration dates hurried up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That cute graphic over at Western Rifles, "you've had too much to think". Don't question them questioning your questioning, comrade.

      Delete
  7. Heed the Remus maxim: "avoid crowds". Don't be the news, don't try and certainly avoid being dragged into the news. (no comments) Don't think that one is going to make history or be part of some historical event by involvements. Strive to have an obituary in the paper all of two lines and less than a dozen words. News and 'tainments do not endure and have short lifes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you noticed obits are all written the same way? Almost like it is a computer program. Blah, blah, greatest everything, blah, missed by all, blah. Never knew we had so many fantastic people that still looked twenty-seven after all those decades.

      Delete
  8. I quite often say that my childhood was spent growing up in Mayberry. Because it very much was much the same. The two policemen total were everyone's friend and were helpful neighbors. At Halloween we kids vrtually canvased the whole town of three thousand folks, and would fill an old school full sized paper grocery bag with candy. Popcorn balls and homemade candy Apple's included. Crime was when ya got caught stealng a snicker bar from the store. Upon which officer friendly would uaul your ass home, to let Dad handle punishment. Not very many repeat offenders lol.
    My parents an the local movie house, and at Christmas would have a free Saturday matinee and Dad would hand out a bag of candy to everyone attending. Bullying was not tolerated nor was public curse words, especially in front of women or children.
    I walked about a mile and a half to school, by myself from the second grade on !
    At twelve years old my best friend and I would go dove hunting with our 4-10 shotguns without any adult supervision either. All the boys and many girls daily carried a pocket knife to school even.
    Yes it is a much changed world ! To think I'm only about twelve years older than you Jim...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not even close to a full generation older, and all the difference. Of course, I also grew up in Cali, so even though I was mostly a country boy, the state was far ahead of the curve of collapse. We had less social structure before it went to hell economically. Still a White middle class, but too much diversity, too much materialism.

      Delete
  9. And another I think most people ignore is: if Jews are evil bankers, who is forcing anyone to take out their loans? The blame is on your own government. But easier to blame someone you don't have to get bloody rebelling against.

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS HAVE BEEN CLOSED