Friday, February 22, 2019

survival hermitage book 11


SURVIVAL HERMITAGE BOOK 11
Less Money
Oh, how I have babbled and prattled on about the absolute necessity of getting the hell away from everyone, even and especially that contrived tribe member.  Because People Are Hell.  Not because we don’t need people-we do.  We didn’t become pack animals to protect against lions and then decided to abandon those hundreds of thousands of years of evolution for no reason. No, we have ALWAYS been mentally hard-wired to need each other in armpit stink close proximity ( is that why farts are funny?  Another bonding experience ).  That is why we are tribal.
*
That is why we are racist and xenophobes, why we hate diversity and love stupid gladiatorial games.  Tribes protect us.  But only tribes that are formed from near death experiences or joined at birth are loyal to each other ( we were literally forced into loving others who want us to die for the group upon fear of dying otherwise ).  Tribes that are put together like a book club or a Boys Tree House club have no real loyalty or lasting power.  And that is the ONLY group that you have as an option for tribing up for the apocalypse.
*
Being culturally isolated autonomous individuals not even unified by family, there simply is no point in pretending a tribe will be a viable structure which can be used to help you survive.  I bought into the whole tribe ideal.  So far in my current location, I have stockpiled for and have planned on making three different groups my ad hoc tribe.  I didn’t tell them because they were idiots but at least partially trustworthy idiots.  And they all moved for financial reasons.  Now I’ve given up and just figured it will be me and the Old Lady against all.
*
Neither way is close to viable or ideal.  Tough cookies.  I’ve had a good life ( I worked hard towards a meaningful relationship, and towards a skill and talent.  Material goods mean nothing in the end ) and if it ends tomorrow I’m okay with that.  If I have another ten to twenty years, even if most of that involves killing idiots to cleanse the gene pool rather than playing at Internet Journalist, I’m okay with that also.  Don’t forget that as important as all this prepping stuff is, living a satisfying life is also important. 
*
Which is why I don’t care anymore if forming a tribe is impossible.  People are getting much more insufferable.  Going it alone is much better NOW, as well as AFTER.  How can anyone argue that it isn’t a good thing to avoid most people now?  Haven’t most of us been moving in that direction most of our lives anyway? Away from people, as people prove time and again to be the worthless cures that they can be and want to be and simply are.  Avoiding people is its own reward, now and after the apocalypse.  Facts be hard, yo.
*
Staying around people is expensive, as there is always someone profiting off our inability to avoid each other.  All the Greenies try to sell the concept of giving up our own land and houses and moving into packed condo high rises and using public transportation, as if not only would this save the planet but also save resources and money.  In actual fact they are asking for unlimited immigration ( more room now ) and rising costs of living.  Cities are MORE expensive, not cheaper.  Infrastructure is cheaper but there are more parasitical organizations canceling that out. 
*
It is cheaper to live way out in the boonies because you are elimination all the middle men only there to profit off the privilege for you to breathe, eat, drink and secrete.  Think about it.  One pipe can carry water to a hundred people in the city, yet each person pays far more than what it costs per capita.  Sure, the water bill might be cheap, but then they rape you on the sewage bill.  Then they sell that reclaimed water back to you.  It is cheaper for rain catchment and composting toilets.  In the country, there is very little actual tax on that dirt road near you.
*
Nor must you own a car to keep you safe from all the ghetto dwelling Diversity People.  Remember the huge fuss over carjacking?  It was so scary because the car was the ONLY form of safety folks had working in the city.  You think that was scary, just wait until the PetroDollar takes its final puke and you cannot get gasoline anymore.  If you are silly enough to believe Fracking Forever, you might as well throw in Abiotic Oil to fuel your fantasies of Happy Motoring Uber Alles.  Whatever papers over your poor choices.
*
You need less money out at the Hermitage, and hence can earn a lot less money, which is really nice because after a certain age, earning money blows.  The deal used to be, a hundred years ago, you worked until you dropped.  Ideally you made it to your fifties.  Why do you think they all smoked?  Work was going to kill them before cigarettes did, and for how bad tobacco is for you, its one saving grace is that is sooths over red ass exposure to people causes.  For a time, you worked hard manual labor then “semi-retired” to management.
*
That way, you had the energy to keep working until 65.  But then they took away those management positions AND made smoking unaffordable.  Cheese dinguses!  Anymore, don’t count on being able to work much past 45-50, for your average Joe.  No more energy for Monkey Work, no more management positions as they all went to diversity hires.  Why continue to struggle in the city where prices continue to rise, as your savings and income shrink?  Embrace the Suck of economic war against White Males.  Embrace poverty, make it your own.  You can’t play in the rigged game.
( .Y. )
( today's related Amazon link click here )
*
Please support Bison by buying through the Amazon links here ( or from http://bisonprepper.com/2.html or www.bisonbulk.blogspot.com ). Or PayPal www.paypal.me/jimd303 

*** Unless you are in extreme poverty, spend a buck a month here, by the above donation methods ( I get 4% of the Amazon sale, so you need to buy $25 worth for me to get my $1 ) or mail me some cash/check/money order or buy a book ( web site for free books, Amazon to pay just as a donation vehicle ).
*** My e-mail is: jimd303@reagan.com  My address is: James M Dakin, 181 W Bullion Rd #12, Elko NV 89801-4184 ***E-Mail me if you want your name added to the weekly e-newsletter subscriber list.
*** Pay your author-no one works for free.  I’m nice enough to publish for barely above Mere Book Money, so do your part.*** junk land under a grand *  Lord Bison* my bio & biblio*   my web site is www.bisonprepper.com *** Wal-Mart wheat***Amazon Author Page
* By the by, all my writing is copyrighted. For the obtuse out there



21 comments:

  1. People are indeed insufferable, and tribing up just isn’t a viable option in a culturally fractured society for many of us. I often wonder how I’d get by if I were to re-enter the workforce (laid off minion) and the only way that I could would be to be in a position where I was left alone to do a solo job.

    I consider myself to be rather right leaning, but the modern right has become considerably watered down over the years. Most are of the pro-feminist, and increasingly pro-gay, “better to fight em over there, than fight em over here”, “only liberals” hate the modern, militaristic, trigger happy police, ilk. Well, frankly, I can’t stomach being around anyone that supports these agendas on any level (feminism is just as sick and anti-nature as the gay agenda, and probably has done even more damage. It’s just that the ladies have about a 50 year head start on the “rear gunners”, so give it time to catch up).

    I wouldn’t rule tribing up out, but at this point in my life, it seems increasingly unlikely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rear Gunners. Ha! I might have heard it before, but for some reason it really tickled my funny bone right now ( "Beavis, he said "butt" and "bone"! )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Minions can make do where they are irregardless of tribe affiliations. City or burbanites that excercise discipline and not succomb to doucheness of modern society, they actually can prep in place as well as stay isolated enough from the swirling toilet water around them with minimal effect. Not every minion can hermitage nor would it be desirable too fast. That idyllic dirt road junk land would infill with development. They will pack political bodies with carpetbaggers. Sidewalks and paved streets will be installed with an easement levy of 10-15 thousand improvement bonds on your property that you must pay. (or else) then my white trash self will be jim's hermitage neighbor with stray mongrel dogs running loose, blaring music, pounding away at nonsense projects. tribe mates always visiting on loud motorcycles or rice burning tuner cars. Ha hermitage, that's a wet dream there. Shelter in place until overrun by superior violent forces only option this late in the game.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Come on! Not enough minions WANT to hermitage. I can't see any competition. What is the world wide tendency? Bush Bitches leave the farm and go to the overcrowded cities. Where they starve in diseased squalor. Junk land just doesn't compute with anyone, not even minionites.

      Delete
    2. It computes with me. My only regret isn’t having bought more, earlier, when it was cheaper. Such as the 1 sq mile of Nevada desert that I saw for sale for $60k a few years back. Now no one needs a sq mile. But the sq mile insures one of long term privacy, and the peace of mind that it can only build up so much around you.

      But the minion above raises a good point. When seeking out junk land you do have to be careful. If I’m understanding correctly Jim, your junk land (the 5 mile from Elko junk land that you lived on for years) built up quite a bit, and at the end, you had quite a few people living in the area, which of course is not a desirable situation. On the other hand, your hermitage land (and mine as well) are some 5 odd miles off of rough road, and from water, power, sewage, etc. To develop this would seem unlikely, as it would cost a fortune to bring such utilities in. As such, this land will likely never develop. This is something to look for when purchasing junk land that you plan on surviving on in the apocalypse.

      As far as staying in the cities, I’d reassess that plan. Even short of a total collapse, I’d expect crime to go up significantly in the next decade, as unemployment goes up. If you’re white (particularly if you’re a white dude) a way will be found for you to be blamed for it. We already have a mainstream political party that no longer even attempts to hide its contempt for us “white devils”, and that won’t bode well down the road (not taking political sides, but it is what it is).

      Delete
  4. Not much to argue about in this one, cept maybe that tribal thing.
    I've been different all of my life, and maybe that comes from being raised in a family with 5 kids and I'm the oldest. I was always trying to get away, trying to be me, trying to be alone. Alone, I keep myself busy. I'm a creative person and see interesting things everywhere to occupy my time. I always find something to do. Living rurally erases a lot of the convenience (and expense) of living close to masses of people. There's always something needing done out here.

    While I know a few people that "could" be considered tribe members, at current they are not and with the situation in this country as it is, probably never will be. Anybody can be bought out by the entity with the bottomless wallet, and that includes my wife of 35 years. While I trust her more than any human ever I also know her more than any human ever, further, I know how things can unfold instantly. Yes, she'd sell me out to save "her" kid. I go the other way. I'd never sell her out. Not even to save my own life. The way I figure it, if I sold her out to save myself, after they killed her they'd kill me too. So why would I help them? Point is, don't get in that situation in the first place, and understanding that that position is even an option is helpful. Most don't.

    We've been looking at a piece of land as a place to get away from all the insanity. It's been under the magnifying glass for about 6 months now and we're wondering why nobody has skarfed it up yet. 13 acres, mostly woods, closest neighbor is 1/2 mile away, next one after that is more than a mile, on a dead end road. $130k with small house and detached garage. Maybe 3 acres of farmable land. It's about 400 miles from where we are now. When it warms up I'm going there to check it out in person.

    My youngest brother (57) died (heart attack) this past Sun and was planted yesterday in Georgia and I didn't attend. The grab bag would have been more than I can tolerate. My next youngest brother died from a heart attack 15 years ago and my dad died from a HA at age 47. At 64 I'm running out of time. I gotta get some peace out of this life, no matter what it costs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My grandfather was already dead at my age now. Heart attack. The booze and cigs didn't help, but I'd guess it was the lack of peace in his life that prompted those vices in the first place. From what I've heard. Never knew him personally. People suck.

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're still way ahead of a lot of minions, even without hermitage. Actually, I think most minions are ahead of the game even if it is all different kinds of strategies. No right one answer ( except, FLIR's for all! ). I don't want to sound like someone from Idaho :D

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. Nice work Demented Guy. I takes my hat off to you.

      Delete
    4. I'm from Idaho...as in born and raised then later moved on.
      JWR is an immigrant.

      Delete
    5. DM-a heck of a lot tougher now, with no jobs. You have the "low bills" part down and still can't catch a break. And we wonder why so many folks resort to selling crack.
      *
      Spud-a Cali immigrant. Just like me. Damn us immigrants.

      Delete
    6. I looked that dude (JWR) up one time, to discover that we were practically neighbors (He’s from Livermore, and I’m from the neighboring town of Pleasanton). Small world eh? That used to be a very nice area, and then the yuppies moved in and drove the price of real estate through the ionosphere. Traffic like you wouldn’t believe after that too! I used to take my old Nova hotrod out to the Tracy delta (lots of straight open roads out there) on a Friday afternoon after work, and drive over the Altamont pass at 65+ mph. Now it’s a parking lot during commute hours, and it takes about an hour and a half to get from Tracy to Livermore (about 20 miles or so depending on where you are in Tracy).

      @Demented Guy. Have you ever looked at working online at a crowdsource site? One such site is Amazon’s Mechanical Turk, but there are many others. I’ll be honest here. The likelihood of making any serious money is pretty low. Or perhaps I should say that I haven’t been able to figure it out as of yet. Yet, there are people that claim to make a living from such sites. I wold think that you would need to have as few bills as possible to get by this way, but it might be an option for you. It helps to have a few skills, such as typing, or better yet, programming. Some of the better HITs (That what they call the tasks that you perform for payment) might require writing a simple program, or designing a web page, so if you have these skills, you might fare well at such sites.

      Elko Minion

      https://www.mturk.com/

      https://www.ranker.com/crowdranked-list/list-of-the-best-crowdsourcing-websites-and-pay-per-task-sites

      Delete
  6. There is no peak oil problems....move along nothing to see here
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-mexico-oil-pemex/mexicos-pemex-crude-output-lowest-since-records-began-idUSKCN1QC00E

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let's see. Declined every year since 2005. No new replacements available. Na! No Peak Oil. It's because the oil only likes capitalists. Or, they need to start fracking. Or, the Nazi's that settled there are holding back to secrets of free energy. It couldn't be because crap runs out. 'Murican's can't run out of stuff!

      Delete
  7. Well, its really worse than that cause they used to sell all extra oil ti good ole 'Murica. But that's OK we be making lots for fracked oil and it will never run out...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If Glen Beck said fracking will last 200 years, it must be true :D

      Delete
  8. re:
    Deterred by non-achievable standards

    I grew-up on a farm, surrounded by four grandparents, uncles and aunts, and a passel of older cousins.

    Every Saturday was a family reunion.

    After this level of support, the continuing encouragement and mentoring, not much in the human species can compare.

    Nowadays, I tend to prefer the company of dogs. And yes, it's my responsibility to furnish the tennis-balls... just another example of The Caucasian Burden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See, your family did ruin you. By being too perfect, of all things. Bastards! Dogs only ask for food security, love and a leg to hump. You feed other people, treat them right and they want to do just a little bit more than hump your leg, and they STILL don't offer loyalty like a canine does.

      Delete

COMMENTS HAVE BEEN CLOSED