Saturday, February 23, 2019

group think


GROUP THINK
I hate Patreon.  Mostly because they gave me a mountain of grief signing up and screwed up the whole process and I got agitated.  You idiots have ONE job, and that is to take his money and give me most of it.  And you couldn’t even do that.  I hadn’t even gotten to the point where I’d be posting material there, they couldn’t even properly collect my payment information.  Who knows what kind of hot mess posting would have been.  And without posting, without that extra “club membership secret decoder ring ONLY for the select”, how are they different?
*
If you want to just have a monthly donation, PayPal does that.  Patreon is supposed to be YouTube for PayPal donations.  That is their thing.  And, just to get it out of the way, I tried Subscribe Star.  They look REALLY shady.  First off, they have a pyramid scheme looking deal where you get commissions for having other content providers sign up. If your crap is so good, why bribe users to get potential users?  You know why?  Because their crap is NOT good.  You don’t get paid every month.  You need a minimum of $150 accrued before they pay you!
*
If I got an unheard of generous twenty people to donate every month at a dollar, and then I subtracted Subscribe Star’s fee of whatever-I think 5%-I’m barely collecting once a year.  I’m supposed to put out weekly videos or other exclusive content and I have to wait nine or ten months to get paid?  The site is obviously only interested in high roller content dudes, already bringing an affluent high subscriber base.  Patreon doesn’t have that issue-small start-ups can apply.  Except.  Now they are being all PC Police and alienating a lot of donors.  And they are broke.
*
Here is a fun filled fact I was unaware of.  Patreon owes $100 million.  They have only been in business a few years, and that is what they burned through.  While in business, they borrowed twice their income.  So, at the time they start trying to modify the Bill Of Rights, they start hinting in press releases how they will probably need to rape the users for more money somehow.  THEN, as if that faggot sounding CEO isn’t irritating enough, the beginning of this month everyone experiences the Wells Fargo type “computer error”, and payments are delayed.
*
Oh, so sorry!  We love you and know this is unacceptable.  You know, keeping YOUR money.  If you can’t wait and absolutely need your money NOW, because rent is due and such, we will be happy to give you YOUR money “as a loan” for a small nominal barely an inconvenience extra fee of an additional ten percent.  Seriously.  These are the reports I’m seeing.  As in, if you want your money, Deplorable Scum, the bribe is an extra ten percent vig.  Between banning free speech and being an incompetent tech company, now you also cannot manage money.  Oh, how I hate them!
*
I hate stupid.  But you know, I know and Ross Perot knows that almost every single person or group today is humping stupid.  You still have to deal with people and if you boycott stupid you’ll starve in the dark.  I mean, if I was going to donate to Patreon, I’d worry about the cheese dinguses “accidentally” screwing up my credit card I used for donations and it would be a big mess dealing with that.  Although Visa and Mastercard actually earn their fees by protecting the users against scams, there is still the PITA factor.
*
But hey, as a dude just trying to earn a living writing, I don’t want anyone to have to suffer from a boycott from business practices they had nothing to do with.  I understand Patreon doesn’t deserve to be in business, but if that is the price you pay to support content creators, fine.  They need to be supported more than some faggot rectum ranger dingus smoker in Silicon Valley needs to be punished.  So, since this IS the collapse after all and allowances must be made, you hold your nose over the stench of stupid ( and rectal juice ) and donate.
*
If one end of the spectrum is hating Patreon, the polar opposite end of that is loving Viking Preparedness.  He is one of the first YouTube Dudes I started watching and one who is still just as good.  I’ve never listened to a Jesus Freak who is so NOT in your face trying to save you.  I’ve never met a career military guy who retained so much common sense after that brutality.  And one who barely covers guns but rather food.  Pastor Joe has mostly moved over to Patreon.  If there was anyone who would get me to use them, it’s him.
*
There, I just made a note and placed it on the coveted spot twixt monitor and keyboard.  Even when he babbles about not much on a bad day, he has great things to say.  He is definitely worth a buck a month ( although I have a sneaky suspicion that will shortly be moved up as a minimum very shortly.  He is still worth $3 a month.  Over that? ).  Now, what made me think about all of this enough to make a note of it AND make me want to write an article? 
*
Joe, and I’ll call Pastor Joe Fox ( or is it Foxx? ) Joe because I’m far enough away that my scrawny ass cannot get kicked by him which bolsters my annoyance factor, was doing his Courtesy YouTube video ( occasionally posting to remind everyone he is now posting daily videos on Patreon ) and he mentioned he was now doing regional survival Members Wanted postings.  Remember the American Survival Guide feature that did the same?  “Dude in West Armpit Wyoming wishes to seek out group members in my area” kind of thing. 
*
At first I thought, hot diggity, just that feature alone makes it worth giving Joe a buck a month!  And it is.  Just ONE other guy in your area and you have far more than doubled your odds of survival if you team up.  Ah, but then you can almost guess what happened next.  You should know me by now.  I froze.  Being overly analytical, this is what you do.  The gears start turning.  Rather than just rush down to Patreon and giving the thieving bastards my $12 for the year ( or whatever the collection deal is by now ) and count my blessings, I starting thinking about how BAD it would be to meet others.
*
I’ve done it before.  I have a minion who lives not too far away ( well, a BOL ).  Great dude, well prepped.  But no.  My experience didn’t count.  I had to stress over everything that could go wrong.  And since it COULD, well then, obviously, ipso facto, it WOULD.  That is just how my paranoia manifests.  Hey, shoot me, I’m slightly more flawed than the picture of my hair would suggest ( although still LESS flawed than all you bastards-Baby Jesus agrees ).  Let’s cover all that tomorrow.
( .Y. )
( today's related Amazon link click here )
*
note: free books.  Non-fiction, future drone warfare here.  
*
Please support Bison by buying through the Amazon links here ( or from http://bisonprepper.com/2.html or www.bisonbulk.blogspot.com ). Or PayPal www.paypal.me/jimd303 

*** Unless you are in extreme poverty, spend a buck a month here, by the above donation methods ( I get 4% of the Amazon sale, so you need to buy $25 worth for me to get my $1 ) or mail me some cash/check/money order or buy a book ( web site for free books, Amazon to pay just as a donation vehicle ).
*** My e-mail is: jimd303@reagan.com  My address is: James M Dakin, 181 W Bullion Rd #12, Elko NV 89801-4184 ***E-Mail me if you want your name added to the weekly e-newsletter subscriber list.
*** Pay your author-no one works for free.  I’m nice enough to publish for barely above Mere Book Money, so do your part.*** junk land under a grand *  Lord Bison* my bio & biblio*   my web site is www.bisonprepper.com *** Wal-Mart wheat***Amazon Author Page
* By the by, all my writing is copyrighted. For the obtuse out there



18 comments:

  1. OK, I just went to that Patreon for the first time and blew through about 10 mins I'll never get back, and found NOTHING of interest to me. I went down all the available pathways and found no content whatsoever. WTF?

    All I seen was a hundred versions of them telling me how great I'd be if I only hooked up with them.

    Surely, they must be making money to pay all the people that are supposedly providing content, right? Well where the hell is the content? If a content index is not broadcasted right up front in very large red font then they are going to fail. period

    You don't have to be a rocket but you do have to have a brain. Unless you're a shyster. So there ya go, I gave Patreon MORE of my time than average to convince me I want whatever it is that they are selling but they failed miserably.

    You know what?
    I'm a fucking marketing genius!!!
    For my products.

    I have 2 products that I have been selling successfully for more than 30 years.
    Wood. Design.
    If you are in the market for either of those 2 things, and you convey to me that you are, within 1 minute (in person, if on the phone 15 seconds) I will convince you that you will be 1000% better off putting large sums of your legal tenders in my pocket than if you don't. Every. Dam. Time.

    Patreon wasted 10 minutes of my time and managed to not let me see even a peek at what they are selling. FAIL! fuk-em-ded

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd be looking at Patreon more like the public library. It is their job to provide great content, but you don't see them trying to convince you how wonderful they are. The library can't know you love sci-fi, or romance, but has it if you want it. So, with Patreon, you like a content creator, THEN you go to Patreon. They are actually getting the providers to advertise for them. And convincing you how great Patreon is. So, if YouTube paid to put up Pastor Joe, and Joe paid to produce the clips, both those entities gave Patreon free ads and hype. If you look at it that way, how the hell can they be losing money? Probably because the founder dude looks like as ass pirate and his brains leaked out his rectum.

      Delete
    2. Is there content on the Patreon website?
      I couldn't find it.
      Or am I on the wrong path here?

      Delete
    3. Like this:
      https://www.patreon.com/vikingpreparedness
      You scroll down and there are video names. But to unlock to watch you need to be a donor.

      Delete
    4. Maybe his platform would have been more appropriately labeled Penetron :D

      Actually, I just looked him up, and apparently he’s married. Not that this necessarily means anything. Todd Chrisley is also married, and if that dude’s not a Marmite Miner, there’s no such thing!

      Have you looked at BitChute? That seems to be a rather free speech looking site. I don’t think that there is monetization through the site directly, though you can still add a donate button.

      https://www.azdictionary.com/urban-dictionary/definition/chutney%20ferret

      Delete
    5. Perhaps the talking as if he was simultaneously castrated AND had a Louisville Slugger jammed up his ass is all just an act to pass the PC virtue signalling, and I guess I would do the same for millions in salary ( Hell, I might even consider BEING gay for that amount, but no promises ), but I still call Gay-Lord, mayor of Gay Town.

      Delete
  2. re:
    Conte of Patreon

    Upon hearing of Patreon, I scoured the WorldWideWeb for more. My immediate (perpetual) evaluation of Conte:

    Douche-pretending-to-be-Alpha.

    That, and for some strange reason, I suddenly felt an urge to re-bound tennis-balls off his cranium. His mighty gleaming cranium.

    Probably has dedicated teams of highly-trained professional polishers standing-by to instantly restore his beacon in the unlikely event it should lose its luster.

    I know I would.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You just can't salvage a skull in that shape. Jesus, man, wear a cap or something. Even a propeller beanie would be an improvement. Just as an aside, there seems to be research that MIGHT-and I stress might as the jury is still out-suggest that you actually can judge somebody on first sight, as in the knowledge of danger or attraction is programmed in to us. That being the case, his head shape suggests faulty genetics in that douchebag.

      Delete
    2. Ecclesiastes 10:3
      "Even when the fool walks along the road, his sense is lacking and he demonstrates to everyone that he is a fool."
      Peace out

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nah, I don't take it as directed at me. I still beg, but everything is free and it is up to everyone if they want to give, and how much. I have no complaints how generous everyone is. If someone can't give a buck a month I completely understand, having been there myself. I reserve the right to really get obnoxious about it once Amazon shuts down its commission program, naturally :D

      Delete
    2. Yeah, the begging these days, it's everywhere, and cheaply done. Someone ought to make a youtube, or a patreo (lol) titled, "How To Beg Like A Hor But Come Across As A Saint".

      As a small business owner it was always feast or famine and when it was famine time my fingernails would sweat. But I never begged. Not once. There are much more subliminal ways to get your point across to where the other guy won't know what hit him and he'll be grabbing for his wallet very quickly to pay you what you want. If you are an honest person but use shyster tactics guess what you'll be recognized as? The reverse is true too. And best of all, you can be an honest person but still hit em below the waistline and they'll smile and thank you for it. For every 1 success there is 10 failures, but if you give up on 5 you lose all the way around. Don't give up, keep on trying.

      Delete
    3. The reason that a lot of the youtubers are now begging for donations is because many of them have been demonetized. If Jim had a youtube channel for instance, he would not receive compensation any other way, as he would be instantly demonetized for saying some of the things that are posted here (Not a criticism in any way of course, just sayin). Basically if you do not tow the PC line over there, you will be demonetized; that is, if your channel is not outright deleted. Some of these people were actually earning a good income before youtube/google changed their guidelines.

      By the way Jim, is that what you were thinking? Meaning that you are considering posting videos?

      Delete
    4. Gawd! No video posting for me. I've worked at writing for so long my brain is trained to vomit thoughts in conjunction with a keyboard. If I tried to talk it out I'd be a stumbling idiot.

      Delete
  4. A whole stack of my comments don't make it onto your blog. I think it's from goosle algorithms because of wrongthink on other sites from myself. Then again, GS posts on WRS & I've yet to see him complain.

    It's probably for the best though, my contributions aren't exactly earth shattering.

    For those watching at home, apparently the wobble with my bayonet is within spec. Source, ex infantryman. Maybe my expectations are to high from the movies? I looked at another one which was better but it'd have involved forking out serious $ that I have better things to buy (food) and if it comes to bayonet time..... well damn, I'd be dang lucky to survive the first encounter that needs trigger pulling.

    I bought a Mosin ammo pouch and can now carry 30 rounds on stripper clips. Yet more good news. My stripper clips are in plentiful supply. What I pay for 5 clips for other rifles only get 2. Woo Hoo for Dingo.

    Guns aside - My outdoors kit is almost complete. I had to wait 3 weeks but I had a bespoke water bottle carrier made for my bag (molle... yeah I know) the guy only charged for one but made two. So much winning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beware winning. The Fates await your complacency.

      Delete
  5. Food-first infographic
    https://www.naturalnews.com/images/Infographic-Ending-Fossil-Fuels-Lead-to-Collapse-Starvation-1000.jpg

    pdxr13

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't realize the cost of production of rice and corn were so high and wheat so low in comparison. Wheat Rules!

      Delete

COMMENTS HAVE BEEN CLOSED