Monday, May 21, 2018

tribe gore 1 of 2, and article 1 of 2 today


TRIBE GORE
article 1 of 2 today
*
note: free books.  Subtitled "slowpocalypse", hopefully self explanatory https://amzn.to/2s0fDvk , a 1885 book After London https://amzn.to/2Izf0jC .
*
Here at the Bison Wordwide Publishing empire, every day is a bonus.  I always give you an infinitely larger supply of minor details of the same subjects already covered.  I mean, let’s face it.  This prepping stuff is relatively straight forward.  Years worth of wheat, more bolt action ammo than you think you’ll ever need, junk land in the boonies and you are pretty much set because overpopulation meeting resource depletion is the new Dark Ages.  This stuff writes itself.  But, honestly, anything over the basics is entertainment or preaching to the choir.  Thank goodness my choir is generous to a fault and keeps me in groceries.

*

I could have written about Peak Oil and how Mexico, once the third largest producer is now almost out of oil ( seeing five percent annual production decline starting twelve years ago which is now up to 10% last year ).  I’m sparing you that.  We could talk about the parabolic rise in the tech sector propping up much of the quasi-tech sector, none of which are profitable.  But why bother?  The stock market has no reflection on reality and one wonders when not if the 2008 economic crash repeats.  No, today you get a rehash of how mankind being expected to act cooperatively is the height of foolishness.  Collapse has become so evident that the viewers are acting stupid and pulling wish fulfillment out of their asses.

*

The reason I have mostly given up on Gore Warming isn’t because I necessarily believe it to be true or false.  I can’t make any educated guesses due to the gross falsifications on both sides ( reminiscent of the much older conflict between official nutritional “facts” represented by the food and medical industry and the counter claims also presented as “fact” by cottage industry health nuts.  One side still claims century old vitamin and mineral figures for GMO crops grown in denuded soil and the other side actually thinks soy is healthy rather than a poison-neither side can be trusted ).

*

For every scientist who breathlessly signs his name on the pro-warming bandwagon for no other reason than he wants to be part of the consensus ( which can be rather profitable ), there is another book out claiming a new Ice Age or Business As Usual or politically motivated positions having nothing to do with science.  I mean, personally on a intuitive level I’d probably say nobody knows crap but it would be highly likely  that whatever the government says is a bald faced lie so the opposite of Gore Warming is perhaps more correct in probability terms.  But I also started worrying a lot less because it just doesn’t matter.

*

As one minion so succulently summarized it, when you are falling off the cliff it doesn’t matter if you tripped or were pushed.  Either way, no change, heating up or cooling down, we starve.  It really is as simple as that.  Grain yields continue to fall, population increases ( even if the rate of increase has decreased ), the oil we need to make that grain runs out and that alone kills us.  Hotter or colder just gets us there much faster.  Both sides of the debate cannot argue the facts insofar as yields and population, so they turn to a fantasy solution called cooperation.

*

This mush mouth bullspit irritates the crap out of me.  Oh, if we all unite politically and vote out the leftist scoundrel we can Make ’Murica Great Again!  Oh, if we just join hands and sing some Hippie commie unity crap we can all stop polluting and grow backyard radishes and whatever.  Dude!  I understand your old wrinkly wife doesn’t put out that often and you look back fondly on the Summer Of Love as the last time you got your ashes hauled so much, but cooperation to build a better world is just glittery unicorn farts.  Give it up, dude. 

*

I won’t point any fingers, but even giants in the field of collapse ( living in New York ) are a bit blinded by the failed non-material experiment that sputtered out quickly as all parties started fighting over the profits from selling LSD ( and, to be fair, after the government intelligence service infiltrators stirred up enough crap within dissident groups ).  Or not as well known but still respected writers living in say, oh, I don’t know, Alaska.  Guys, I’m sorry, but cooperation is local and tribal, not species wide.  And cooperation must have the backing of force to help it along.  And, I suppose it wouldn’t hurt to reiterate, even tribes see a break down in cooperation during severe enough resource depletion.

*

Exhibit A, the current state of our nation.  Exhibit B, all of recorded history and then going back to our hairy lice picking ancestors.  Man is competitive and only cooperative in small mostly blood related groups.  Man is a opportunistic predator.  What man almost never does is sit in a circle and say, hey, if we all agree to not screw each other, we’d all be better off.  When some idiot does do that, another one waits for the peaceful idiot to present him with an opening and then screws him for personal gain.  History shows that cooperation is always short lived and coercion always beats cohabitation. 

*

The best way to look at it is a pride of lions.  They cooperate to get dinner, but they sure as heck don’t cooperate with other groups of lions to do so.  Even in the group, there is more force and coercion than cooperation.  Cooperation by force.  Now, your Hippie peace punk will spout off about how humans are so smart and we can decide to cooperate and if anyone steps out of line they can be boycotted or attacked en masse.  And that is a great theory that simply doesn’t hold up to reality.  Time and again, opportunistic predators disrupt the cooperative peace.  It is how we are programmed.

*

Yeh, well, we are SOOOooooooo friggin smart and have opposable thumbs and since we are “Muricans we can be the first in history to be cooperative, so there!  You know, because of democracy and the moon and stuff!  Presumably if you like to study collapse you know that one of the biggest features of a collapsing empire or civilization is hubris.  It knows no bounds.  And it is NEVER, ever, never justified.  But part of hubris is ignoring history.  And, as you’d have been able to guess if you knew your history, I’ll continue tomorrow.

END ( today's related link https://amzn.to/2wHG7Hz )
 

Please support Bison by buying through the Amazon ad graphics at the top of the page ( or from www.bisonbulk.blogspot.com ). ***You can make donations or book purchases through PayPal ( www.paypal.me/jimd303 )
*** Unless you are in extreme poverty, spend a buck a month here, by the above donation methods or buy a book. If you don't do Kindle, send me the money and I'll e-mail it to you in a PDF file.  If you donated, you may request books no charge.   My e-mail is: jimd303@reagan.com  My address is: James M Dakin, 181 W Bullion Rd #12, Elko NV 89801-4184
*** Pay your author-no one works for free.  I’m nice enough to publish for barely above Mere Book Money, so do your part.*** junk land under a grand *  Lord Bison* my bio & biblio*   my web site is www.bisonprepper.com *** Wal-Mart wheat***Amazon Author Page
* By the by, all my writing is copyrighted. For the obtuse out there

 

21 comments:

  1. About 10 years ago my friend Steve came walking in with his head in his hands and said, "There's TOO much information out there!", and collapsed in a chair. Steve had been trying to do some research online and after a couple hours gave up in frustration. There are 10,000 plates on the table and all of them have the same meal, except the ones that don't. You never find that Philly cheesesteak you're hungering for cause it just ain't there.

    The internet, and the world at large, has turned everyone into their own little hollywood and everybody would be better off with a smorgasboard of humble pie and just shut the fuck up already.

    First the dead tree media became irrelevant, then the radio, then the TV, the phones, and soon the internet and everything computer/tech is going to be sidelined. As I get closer to the finish line the view becomes clearer. Soon I'll be able to see to the end of the universe, but first I have to get all this man-made detrius out of the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find the Internet to be pretty much a useful tool, but you need to know two things. If you get bogged down ( 99% is repeats of a very few primary source material ), stay patient and return later. You'll eventually accidentally find it. Two, you'll also accidentally find stuff you weren't looking for. Eventually you'll learn who to ignore and not waste so much time. If print books hadn't gotten so bad the web wouldn't be worth it. Now it is to reference books as Kindle Unlimited is to fiction or Netflix is to TV-a lot of drek but enough stuff cheap enough to pay off the waste. And you are right-for the time being, anyway.

      Delete
    2. You're absolutely right about the 2nd part, accidently finding stuff, and that is probably the only reason I haven't thrown these boxes of displeasure out the window yet. LOL

      Regarding the search and get destroyed. A couple tiles came loose in the masterbath and I wanted to see what ideas were out there to remove the adhesive that is still stuck to the floor. (the stuff should have been called plywood subfloor adhesive rather than tile adhesive cause it stuck to the plywood but came loose from the tile) So after about an hour of wasted time I learned nothing new and am left with what I started with. I already have a couple methods in mind but since I have never done this before I was hoping for some insight. Disappointed again.

      But, on the sidebar of one sight I visited they had an interesting article about Octopus DNA that came to earth 350mil years ago from a stellar body out there somewhere and that is the beginning of all life on earth. Another festivus for the rest of us!

      Delete
    3. Okay, granted, the accidental stuff isn't always as important as what you were searching for :) My mind consumes crap like that, a dog to vomit. And eventually it all comes around to being relevant. Even if only as a joke. But I've always been able to remember trivia and not a damn thing else, anyway.

      Delete
    4. The internet is drowning in click bait & auto play video's. YouTube videos are atrociously long for the content they provide & that's even before I mention how every video has rubbish music tracks over everything

      Delete
    5. You quickly learn which sites to avoid to minimize the auto ads. YouTube can be a bit of a time sink, as you say. A one paragraph idea turned into ten minutes of "well, yeh, uh, you know" brain constipation. That said, I've encountered so much of the equivalent in expensive book form, it doesn't bother me as much. I just stop and find another person covering the same topic.

      Delete
  2. >> The internet, and the world at large, has turned everyone into their own little hollywood and everybody would be better off with a smorgasboard of humble pie and just shut the fuck up already.

    Sorry dude, we won't shut up because you can't understand it all. How retarded is this idea in the first place ? Can't you discriminate content on your own ? Are you working for Hillary Clinton ?

    Seriously, this is SJW reasoning right here. It seems you just lost an excellent opportunity to keep quiet (oh the irony).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dood, what's with all the "oh woe is me, why is everybody hatin on me?" stuff lately? WTF did I do to you?

      Delete
  3. "This prepping stuff is relatively straight forward. Years worth of wheat, more bolt action ammo than you think you’ll ever need, junk land in the boonies and you are pretty much set because overpopulation meeting resource depletion is the new Dark Ages."

    Succinctly boiled down preps to the core basics. This, along with "Food is first, always" are my current favourite Bison Quotes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, if it can fit on a bumper sticker it is a worthy quote. The "food first" was from anthropologists, so I can't claim credit for that one. Mores the pity. But it does show how the best can stick in your mind as wisdom for the ages.

      Delete
    2. Well, I read it here so I'm attributing it to The King of Elko. I've even printed it out & added it to my notes to (1) Remind myself what's important & (2) For my relatives should the sole survivalist amongst my friends & family perish first ;-)

      Delete
    3. Those two words got me interested in pop anthropology ( if you go by college courses or textbooks, you'd avoid it at all costs ). Which diverted into evolutionary biology. One of my most enlightened paths I followed. All from that pithy throw away "food first".

      Delete
  4. Not sure why it’s become fashionable all of suddenly to be hating on ghostsniper here in the comments section? I’ve been a minion for many years, and have never had a problem with his posts, but perhaps I’m less sensitive than some.

    One of the things that I’ve always liked about this site was that for the most part, the minions all shared a common goal, and treated each other with respect in the comments section; that is until recently…

    This is the very reason why I always post anonymously at websites, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As someone who feels the brunt of GS's displeasure most of the time, I still thought the disagreements might have been too much. But they weren't unreasonable uncivil. They were just sharp disagreements. We all get overly emotional at times when our hot buttons are pushed, even GS and myself. The trick is to not take that personally and try to "do better next time". As long as the attempts are there to mostly remain civil, even when we want to scream out in anguish that the other person is full of crap, the comments must stay uncensored. We all wear Big Boy pants and can handle the occasional disagreement. Again, since they are mostly civil. As long as restraint is shown, which I believe it has. Sure, perhaps less restraint than is desirable, but that will pass and we'll get back to an even keel. We do all have bad hair days.

      Delete
    2. Anon, the problem I have is when he dismisses what I write as being bullshit and Hollywood fantasies, while he of course knows everything.

      As soon as he wanted to play that game he got what he asked for. Other people had a problem with him because what he writes is irrelevant and sometimes downright wrong.

      If you want my personal opinion he sounds like an old man who is struggling to stay relevant although he never was. His haunty tone is typical of Section 8 / hillbilly inferiority complex.

      I have no qualms to behave badly with somebody who tried to mess with me and was not up to the task.

      Delete
    3. You, bad hair days?
      I'll never believe it!

      There's a thousand good reasons for anonymity on the web.

      Delete
    4. I know, I don't have bad hair days. But it was funny, I don't care who you are.

      Delete
    5. Ave, watch the hillbilly references :)

      Delete
    6. hmm hillbilly . Brings to mind a phrase a country boy will survive . lol they are basically interchangeable words to me . My wife of 20 years always asks me "how do you know how to do that?" I always reply im just a countryboy/hillbilly /redneck lol .I have read this blog for bout 2 months now lotsa good info . Some seems a little sucky ,but most seems well thought out. I have long thought a good bolt action or lever action was the way to go . Got several semi autos but really if im on my game when hunting ive never shot more than once anyway . unless there was another deer real close to the first one lol .just a cook be well all

      Delete
    7. You'll be using the bolt on other folks, not deer, which is why most folks want semi's. But, logistics is Kombat King and you can't always get what you want. Hope you stick around. Yes, there will always be sucky articles. I've been blogging close to daily since 2006. You can't play your A game every single time.

      Delete
  5. Solarman, I also worked with General Officers and he doesn't sound like one.

    He must have retired a long time ago, back when the M16 was a novelty item and there were Aluminium Christmas Trees : http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/AluminumChristmasTrees

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS HAVE BEEN CLOSED