Saturday, January 27, 2018

pension dingus


PENSION DINGUS
*
note: Sweet Baby Jesus!  It took long enough.  Close to if not the full last decade, the original British series "Survivors" ( not the total crap modern remake which was nothing about surviving and everything about multiculturalism and PC Princesses ) was hovering around $50 for the DVD.  Well, thank you one and all for being silly enough to trust cloud storage and go Online Digital where physical disc sales are way down, so finally this bad boy came down in price to a reasonable $20. 
http://amzn.to/2GkLDR9
*
Are you counting on a pension?  I would agree that this is the best way to get out into the boonies ( ONLY if debt free.  The pension crisis has already been brewing.  Cali governor Moonbeam has already stated the next budget crises he WILL cut pension payments.  Dallas and Chicago are furiously stripping the copping wiring out of the walls to keep payments up even as bankruptcy looms.  Those idiots that rushed to fill in vacant cop positions after the guerrilla war attacks in Dallas are risking their lives for NO pension ).

*

I would also caution you to think on this option seriously.  One, you probably are going to get screwed financially.  Two, this might make you a target.  And three, are you sure you want to do this, being able to look at yourself in the mirror every morning?  Only you know your circumstances.  I can’t say nay or yeh on your behalf.  I’m just throwing up a caution sign here, is all.  If you put up with living nineteen years in the craphole that is LA ( hell, it was a craphole while the rest of the state was almost livable.  Now? ) and you’ll see a pension from that by just staying put one more year, I certainly wouldn’t blame you for counting on the pension. 

*

But we all know the pension system is beyond broke and just like Social Security, the only way most of us are getting paid is by getting highly inflated dollars.  You aren’t gambling on the pension being there, you are gambling on you dying before your pension system.  You might be just like the rest of us on Social Security.  No choice but to rely on it ( I’m trying to minimize the amount I need but sooner or later, if I live, I’ll need it to some degree.  I’m just negating some of the inflation effects now ).  But if you have a choice, consider the risk and reward ratio.

*

You know the system is broken.  Do you want to play that game?  Some jobs you are working to get that pension are going to get exponentially more dangerous ( being a cop, soon to be a counter-insurgency guerrilla fighter without the proper equipment or support ).  And, some jobs, like being a cop or a TSA worker, might compel you to be a big fat pulsing dingus, screwing over folks to keep that job.  Is your pension worth the gamble, the risk and the dissatisfaction?  That is what I’m asking here.

*

I knew of guys in the Army who were quitting after eighteen or nineteen years, unwilling to collect a pension so that their spouse would get half of it.  Let’s face it, putting in twenty in the military sucks for most of us, those with a soul.  Because their pension is a Faustian Bargain.  But, I imagine most places are like that anyway.  If you are going to suck up a huge stockpot of crap everyday in the private sector, for no pension, why not put up with that stress in the public sector and at least get a pension, goes the thinking.

*

But if you were only going to get half of that, after the divorce?  What is the point?  No, you might say, just one more year!  Even half is better than none!  Well, those folks decided that the wife getting none was worth their getting none.  The bitch had probably been boning the Generals aid for the last three years.  Then she wants to leave you and take half of what YOU, not she, earned?  That is all fine and dandy if divorce was not allowed except as a penalty of adultery, and adultery wasn’t compensated.  Then, yes, the husband has a fiduciary responsibility.  But as things stand now, the only justice is to not have money they can steal.  It is a crappy, costly justice, but what else can you do?

*

The thing is, you are all about to be in the same situation as the GI getting divorced.  You will only get half of your promised pension.  So, you need to ask yourself, is far less than I was promised worth even just one more year of my life?  If you are twenty, three or five years is nothing.  You can easily piss it away and go on with life ( no one in my squad of MP’s went on to become LEO’s, or career military.  It wasn’t training or an investment.  It was just three years of doing what didn’t make us happy.  We moved on ).  When you are forty, each year SHOULD start being very precious to you.  Your health will go to crap in less than a decade, regardless of your good habits.

*

Is the soon to be worthless money worth the last of your precious time?  If that is the price you must pay to flee to safety, okay, I’d agree.  But if it is just to keep you in unnecessary comfort ( like keeping the McMansion and SUV )?  But you also need to be sure you aren’t going to be endangering yourself.  I know, like all corporates, the job you signed up for isn’t the job they ended up changing on you.  But is the half pay worth more danger?  And do you want to do the job?  Are you willing to be a dingus for job security and a few pieces of silver? 

*

Stop just thinking of yourself.  What about other people?  If you are a judge, a lot of people committing victimless crimes are going to jail and dying on your say-so.  You can’t use the excuse “they willingly broke the law”, because most of us don’t even know the laws anymore.  There are so many of them, and so many more added every year, even lawyers need a staff to research them.  Me and you can’t afford a staff of paralegals.  As a judge, you are an evil hump-period.  As a cop?  Are you much better?  If you can choose to NOT enforce some laws, okay.  If you are enforcing unjust laws, I would say you are not much better.
*

Not that it matters much.  You don’t play the dingus, someone else will.  It doesn’t matter to those getting screwed, but it should matter to you.  And another thing to consider.  Even if it doesn’t matter to you, it could matter to other people.  As things progressively get worse, is your “dingus move” career going to draw the ire of your neighbors?  Even if you are only a sewage plant worker, just by getting a pension while others see their welfare cut could make you a target.  Just food for thought.

END ( today's related link http://amzn.to/2E2C1de )
 
Please support Bison by buying through the Amazon ad graphics at the top of the page. ***You can make donations or book purchases through PayPal ( www.paypal.me/jimd303 )
*** Unless you are in extreme poverty, spend a buck a month here, by the above donation methods or buy a book. If you don't do Kindle, send me a buck and I'll e-mail it to you in a PDF file.  If you donated, you may request books no charge.   My e-mail is: jimd303@reagan.com  My address is: James M Dakin, 181 W Bullion Rd #12, Elko NV 89801-4184
*** Pay your author-no one works for free.  I’m nice enough to publish for barely above Mere Book Money, so do your part.***   Land In Elko*  Lord Bison* my bio & biblio*   my web site is www.bisonprepper.com *** Wal-Mart wheat***Amazon Author Page
* By the by, all my writing is copyrighted. For the obtuse out there

 

22 comments:

  1. On your recommendation I just finished reading A Distant Eden. Overall it was a good read with some useful food for thought. I did have one issue with his view of the way Christians will see things in the Apocalypse though. The religious character thought that all people were good deep down. That is completely contrary to what the Bible says. Jeremiah 17:9 The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?

    Believers won't be naive overly trusting sheep. Quite the contrary they will be the first to acknowledge what evil man is capable of.

    -Novice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most religious types I know ( not that I socialize too much ) seem to be too trusting. Of course, that is what I see on the surface, so I don't know.

      Delete
  2. so many of the religious types are convinced that they must give, especially to children, who will be used by evil adults to gain access to the supplies and bodies of these trusting soft-hearted blind sheep.
    they have been wrongly taught in Sonday school.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Study the pension cuts or non payments in collapsed countries, russia/warsaw pact etc. When FUSA splits, your kalifornicator pension will surely be cut or not payed to former"citizens" living over the border in free forces territory, they will cut you off. Old age-social security, v.a. disibilty /military, pensions will also get cut and or even totally eliminated if you find your super deluxe yuppie scum retreat is behind "enemy" lines in a balkanized FUSA. nice to have the gravy coming in, but do not count on it at your own peril. P.s. being cocky and shooting off your mouth about being a retired l.e.o. /military/gov't prole will get a bullet to the head during mopping up operations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course, in Russia at least they had public housing, free health care, subsidized food. A lot of that infrastructure failed at the govt. switch over but not all. What is the safety net here? Zero.

      Delete
    2. For much more on this, see Dmity Orlov. USSR was not set up to maximize economic extraction, so when it failed there was no army of repo men and landlords to do evictions into the cold winter. But USA HAS armies of economic agents to get what's left.

      pdxr13

      Delete
    3. And when they are done with you here, the police arrest you on vagrancy then fine you, then jail you when you can't pay the fine, then fine you for staying in the jail. Already being done to an extent, but they are poor so no one cares. Now. They'll change their tune quick enough.

      Delete
  4. Do you listen to the X22 Report on Youtube? I'm really enjoying his channel. He stated this week that the nations largest pension funds are going to be selling off their funds/stocks soon (this next week?) because they know the market is about to crash. I don't know what his source for the info is. I would think they would do it and keep their mouth shut to lock in their gains.
    Peace out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't do that channel, but that is because I want pretty moving pictures to lull me away from the exercise I'm doing at the time. I don't know how selling off is going to help, much, as they need to reinvest to keep up their unrealistic gains to cover the shortfall. Although, if they get the infusion, I guess it solves this years issues at the expense of all others. Sounds about like what politicians would do. In the end it won't matter. The whole thing is going to become a bloodbath as soon as derivatives can't be counter-party'ed.

      Delete
  5. Yup, both the LOL and I are drawing SS pensions. Though when they stop coming...I figure the velocity of the dollar will be zero. Making money pretty much irrelevant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is why I keep money in the bank. If they go tits up and I don't get the FDIC insurance, it probably means the dollar is dead. I'd prefer to bury all my money but a little voice screams at me to have options.

      Delete
    2. The first thing they will try is to have a big bank buy and service the failing bank. Chase eats WaMu. When this doesn't work, the banks will close and stay closed. There is hardly any money in FDIC reserves to cover depositors in one failing big bank, let alone several. The final step for your unlucky deposit is to be "bailed-in" and converted to non-voting/non-trading bank shares. Having more than 2 months of spending money in a bank account is insane.

      pdxr13

      Delete
    3. Even before they doubled the insurance they had crap for reserves. A couple of bucks per hundred liabilities. If that wasn't a lie. I hate the exposure, but feel I must diversify.

      Delete
    4. pdxr13 - I would go as far as 6 months basic expenses in bank accounts (more than one bank or credit union though) but that is the absolute MAX I would keep there. And that only after I have nearly as much cash squirrelled away in paper or coin format buried or under the mattress etc... And of course that amount of cash and accounts only come after getting a couple years worth of infrastructure (paid for shelter) and prepps (food, clothing, heating, ammo, etc). I havent hit that point yet myself.

      I am also intending to invest in something that will be gone for good too soon - memories of times of enjoying our civilizations frivolities with my loved ones. That follows preps but comes before building bigger bank accounts.

      I am looking into getting a loan against the pension I am pretty much forced into getting by my employer. I don't know if I can for just any random purpose, but with the bubble the stock market is in (*and thus my 'pension'/401K etc) I think repaying a 0% interest loan as until terminated from the employer is better than risking it all in a coming crash - Plus, then I can spend the money to cut down my current expenses.

      Delete
    5. It sounds like a decent plan. Even if you lost the 401 and nothing bad happened, you still have SS and no high living costs. I have about 6 months living expenses in the bank. But double that in buried cash and double that in PM. But then, I live on so little anyone could do that. I can see by necessity that would be far down most folks list.

      Delete
  6. Funny, because I happened to come across this topic twice just yesterday alone. One was at another site that I frequent, and the author Aaron Clarey was mentioned. Clarey believes that all assets will be seized by the US government at some point, and from what I gathered, doesn’t keep money in such vulnerable institutions. Then I came across an old archive of coast to coast am (circa 2000) and the guest was an author peddling his book: Hide Your Assets and Disappear: “A Step-by-Step Guide to Vanishing Without a Trace.” The author mentioned that while we do enjoy a few select rights here in the US (gun rights are one of the few, at least when compared to other countries) the police state has long since arrived. Not pushing the Clarey book by the way, and you’d probably hate him anyways since his nickname is “Captain Capitalism”. But the hide your assets book sounds like it might be interesting.

    https://www.amazon.com/Hide-Assets-Disappear-Step-Step/dp/0060987502

    Enjoy the Decline: Accepting and Living with the Death of the United States

    https://www.amazon.com/Enjoy-Decline-Accepting-Living-United/dp/1480284769

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiding your assets sounds like a White People Problem :)

      Delete
    2. I kind of took it to mean that it applied to even us common folk as well. Aside from my existing possessions, I have a 401k with perhaps $5K or $6k? Other than that, all that I have to look forward to is SS. I still have some funds left over from the lucky sale of my CA property, but I have no idea what’s best to put it into. The bullish stock market types will say to invest it, but they also tend to think in terms of Ty J. Young of “because we’re Americans, and we’re extra special, and nothing bad can ever happen to us” fame. So you won’t get an unbiased opinion from them. So I don’t how best to invest it. I have around $10k that I need to do something with. In either event, the above mentioned book is said to be dated, so I’d recommend the JJ Luna book linked below instead.

      How to Be Invisible: Protect Your Home, Your Children, Your Assets, and Your Life

      https://www.amazon.com/dp/1250010454/_encoding=UTF8?coliid=I2PHM8TRD18O4H&colid=2P9H5MHEI5D99&psc=0

      Delete
    3. Gold and silver possession itself is problematic, but after all the beans and bullets, and junk land of course, what else is there to avoid the coming financial implosion? I'd have a bare minimum of cash, say about $2-3k ( if you could live on a bare bones $100 a month food budget-otherwise that would be higher ), and the rest in silver and/or gold. Again, they present their own problems, but I think we will all be surprised how quick paper/computer assets reset to zero.

      Delete
    4. Do not be surprised at how quickly non-physical "possessions" move to their actual value. Even physical real property that is not producing valuable crops will drop in Dollars (if you are making a crop or livestock, you may be a winner). Houses and yards are a consumer durable item that is a tax magnet, not an asset.

      I agree that owning pm's with left-over funds (yes, a WPP, because generating and storing value is what we do) is problematic, but when you have a good physical stockpile of food/supplies, what else can you do to move wealth 50 years into the future? Gold is way sturdier than art. 90% silver pre-1965 coins are going to be good money again, imho.
      I'm not going to buy a house that is 10x the median income, and 100x my income, even if they offer it to me with zero-down and no payments for 6 months. I'd rather have an off-grid waterless 10 acres paid for and taxes no-problem.

      pdxr13

      Delete
    5. I just was never able to get my mind around junk silver, because of the wear on them. Of course, then the ChiComs started counterfeiting PM's, so even private mint rounds are now suspect. I keep meaning to get a test kit, if for no other reason than when I need to spend mine, but of course it keeps getting moved down the list.

      Delete

COMMENTS HAVE BEEN CLOSED