Wednesday, January 17, 2018

B&C 1 of 3 ( article 1 of 2 today )


BEGGARS AND CHOOSERS
article 1 of 2 today

Beggars cannot be choosers.  When you are in a position to ask rather than tell, you are in a weakened bargaining position.  Even just being in a bargaining position, you have already lost any contest.  And you do understand, I beseech all the gods, the question that what is life-especially in an apocalypse-if not a contest?  I’m not talking about jockeying for position inside your tribe.  That is a far less hazardous, almost game like activity.  I’m talking the contest of life and death of your group against the world ( you may not die, just become a slave.  But you’ll see death quick enough ).

*

If you don’t see the contest as one for all the marbles, you’ve already become a zombie and not even realized it ( like our economy, empire and civilization is now ).  And even if you DO realize you are in a contest, if you don’t play it the correct way you have lost before you began to play.  Let me give you an example of a preordained loss in a contest.  When you assign yourself a self imposed morality the other contestant doesn’t share.  I don’t mean any disrespect here, as the attitude is a commendable one, but it is a defeatist attitude nonetheless.

*

The very common trait most in the prepper community share is one of old fashioned religious views.  Rather than your typical Papist member who uses birth control and refuses to believe in Gore Warming ( un-friggin-believable the current Pope to pushing that claptrap.  Next he’ll be ordaining females and fags ) and goes to church twice a year on Christmas and Easter, it seems many preppers are of far more fundamentalist views.  In fact, they are such adamant believers that I’m constantly amazed that I am accepted ( or at least tolerated ) as I am a blasphemous heathen. 

*

That of course speaks highly of my minions, being logical and intelligent.  But there are some things they simply don’t accept.  I don’t judge, since as I stated their views are commendable.  They simply are NOT realistic for their own tribe of religious types.  Look, religions are just as political as any other group.  You have the Mormons suddenly deciding polygamy was bad after all once they decided statehood conferred more advantages than being a territory.  The Papists sanctioned torture when it made them money ( one wonders if their leftist leanings haven’t done the same the last few generations ).

*

You must be more pragmatic than dogmatic in your religious practices geopolitically.  Feeling honor bound to strictly interpret the letter of their contract, they refuse to discharge their debts to the bankers.  The bankers who run our system are not only thieves,  taking all of the nations gold and taxing everyone through inflation, they are also murderers.  The wars of empire the bankers involved the nation in killed hundreds of thousands of our own people, maimed far more and killed millions of foreigners.  And you believe your contract with a thief and murderer is morally binding?

*

Even if you refuse to yield on this core believe ( “it is for MY honor, not theirs” ), you need to think this through to its logical conclusion.  Your honor, if it endangers your family or tribe, is a dishonorable action.  In a contest of life and death, if you do NOT place the welfare of Yours before You, They will die.  You strongly believe you must render aid to outsiders?  You strongly believe you are honor bound to pay the thief that will continue to take MORE in the future by altering the contract?  Tough crap!  Your wife and children are more important than your obsolete loyalty to your OLD tribe.

*

Loyalty is important, and yes it is important enough to die for.  In fact, without that “death before dishonor” attitude, you will never gain a tribe and survive.  What you are not understanding is that when your old tribe is disloyal to YOU, you must become disloyal to your tribe, and branch out on your own or join another.  And guess what, kids?  Your nation state run by the bankers is NO LONGER LOYAL to you!  Loyalty must be a two way street.  Loyalty must be returned, even if it hurts or it costs.  What you are doing is assuming the pain and money loss, but your current tribe is NOT. 

*

This isn’t about profit or loss anyway, it is about tribal loyalty.  It was fine and dandy for a time that your tribe was a huge nation run by greedy humpers.  You could live with the greed, as it was just The Cost Of Doing Business.  The bankers were greedy asshats, but that was okay because you were getting a return on that institutionalized bribery in the form of imperial treasure.  That was the agreement.  We will fight and die for the empire, as long as we share in the spoils.  It isn’t about the money, it is about the promise to share.  Once the sharing stopped, it wasn’t about the sacrifice of losing the treasure, it was about the one sided sacrifice, the promise reneged.  The loyalty started only going one way.

*

So, this is the difficult part, understanding that your current tribe should be your former tribe because of the breech of trust and the disloyalty on their part.  You desperately want to hold on to what you had, as we all need and desire and benefit from tribe.  But at some point in time, just like a divorce or putting in your two weeks notice at work, you have to sever ties no matter how painful ( I’m not talking about Going Galt, I’m saying you need to withdraw your loyalty and fealty ).  Then, once that difficulty is over, you need to do the next hard thing which is making sure you don’t screw up and join a tribe that is also problematic.

*

That is where we’ll go tomorrow, trying to avoid joining dysfunctional tribes.  Because as important as tribes are, if they cannot survive they are useless ( and no, I’m not saying you leave a group that is going to die.  You only leave a tribe that has failed to return your loyalty.  But you sure can try to not join a soon to fail tribe in the first place.

END ( today's related link http://amzn.to/2r5lT80 )
 
Please support Bison by buying through the Amazon ad graphics at the top of the page. ***You can make donations or book purchases through PayPal ( www.paypal.me/jimd303 )
*** Unless you are in extreme poverty, spend a buck a month here, by the above donation methods or buy a book. If you don't do Kindle, send me a buck and I'll e-mail it to you in a PDF file.  If you donated, you may request books no charge.   My e-mail is: jimd303@reagan.com  My address is: James M Dakin, 181 W Bullion Rd #12, Elko NV 89801-4184
*** Pay your author-no one works for free.  I’m nice enough to publish for barely above Mere Book Money, so do your part.***   Land In Elko*  Lord Bison* my bio & biblio*   my web site is www.bisonprepper.com *** Wal-Mart wheat***Amazon Author Page
* By the by, all my writing is copyrighted. For the obtuse out there

 

16 comments:

  1. It would seem that most of the prepper/survivalists that you come across tend to be Christians. That being the case, I think that the only tribal formation that could work for them would be amongst their own. Even then, it’s a crap shoot. I think that any group situation is going to be very challenging. Personally, I don’t think I would even try to join a group. Either I’m easily annoyed, or people have become much more difficult over the years, but I’ve come across very few people in my adult life that I could tolerate longer than a brief period of time.

    While television reality shows are of little value to anyone in general, they serve as a great example of the group dynamic at play. If you’ve ever watched Survivor, you will know what I mean. These shows are heavily edited, but if they’re truthful in any way, it would be the examples that you see where the contestants are at odds with one another. Except that we’re talking about real life here, and not a situation in which one can simply tap out and go home, when the situation becomes overwhelming. Throw in the fact that they’re also armed, and the situation may become dire.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was nice when we had the luxury of being loners. We were Free Riding the vast excess of the Oil Age. I don't think we'll have that luxury in the near future. "You're with us or against us" works against loners.

      Delete
    2. I suppose I’ll take my chances Jim, as I don’t see a group situation working out in the long term either. In the past, yes, but today, no. Modern western society is full of far too many narcissistic asshats.

      The Amish and other similar groups fare well in such a setting, and can make it work, but they have an entirely different mindset, that’s been lost with the passage of time. And I don’t see very many modern Americans working together in such harmony.

      Delete
    3. I see what you are saying, believe me. And I do have to remind myself I do tend to compress future trends into too small of timelines. Most of us will be old enough we die very quickly after the die-off. So go Hermit or just small family/unit in hiding and live off stockpiles and let the young generations have to worry about all this culture changing BS. But at least we can warn/guide them. Anthropology is the best tool to teach for the future trends.

      Delete
    4. I mostly agree with your lone wolf assessment. Ever seen impressionistic art? Up close it looks like hell, but step back 20 feet and it all becomes crystal clear.

      I was looking at the whole tribal thing up close and not seeing the bigger picture so I had mostly a lone wolf stance cause like you I am not happy with the quality of people I see.

      However, there will never be a group of people I completely agree with so mu ideals are too high. And, as the collapse picture becomes more clear to more people, more people will be searching for tribe. THAT is when you start to find out who is similar and who is not.

      Currently, besides my wife, I only know 2 other families that I would trust as tribe members and that trust is only about 75% right now. Both of those families know other families and there's the chance they are thinking the same way I am.

      I don't know what steps it will take to make all of us (in my potential tribe) start adhering to each other but that is the only hope I have to not live the rest of my and my wife's live's as lone wolves. As Tom Petty said, "The waiting is the hardest part."

      Delete
    5. I would imagine drawing a tribe together would be similar to two tribes parlaying a peace treaty. First you see compatability, then reach out cautiously giving a gift or offering one, seeing if they recipicate, etc.

      Delete
    6. Actually, that is a great comparison! :)

      Delete
  2. Flexibility trumps all.
    Religion is a sign of mental disability (gullibility) as far as I'm concerned.
    And no, not believing in imaginary superhero's is NOT a religion. Someone online actually said that once, that not believing is a religion. See what I mean? A mental disease and probably can't be cured. So I stay away from them. Fortunately it's easy to spot them as they wear their religion on their sleeve....another sign. Almost forgot, religious zealots also believe all morality stems from religion so therefore people that don't believe in THEIR imaginary superhero are immoral. I agree with them, in reverse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Think of religion just as another form of tribalism ( when it isn't being used by the state to brainwash the peasants ). It only has to make sense to those on the inside. And the more irrational, the better it bonds the group. That is true of all tribes, not bad mouthing religion itself ( I can't understand the need myself, but am glad others receive comfort and guidance from it ).

      Delete
    2. When I say every person is a religionist, no exceptions, here is what I mean. If you disbelieve in a supreme diety, and live under the assumption that humans are the highest life form, that we created ourselves, or came into existence by random circumstances, you are, by default, a humanist.

      This is excessively lengthy, and from a questionable (liberal) source, but you can quickly get an idea about what I'm referring to. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Humanism

      No offense taken,
      Peace out

      Delete
    3. Ghostsniper, it is too bad that you're on the left coast, and I on the right coast. It seems in many ways we might be compatible. Religious zealots have made me shy away, from several groups which have tried recruiting myself and wife. Not that I'm anti religion either.
      Many close friends have commented to me that I act more Christian in daily living than most church goers do. I haven't set foot in a church for eons lol !
      Yet do believe in the morals taught, heathen that I am.
      No, I'd just as soon stay away from all fanatics, whether they are religious ones or political.
      Both the LOL and I tend to be slightly left of center rabid constitutionalists...

      Delete
    4. No wonder I like reading these comments! I too haven't willingly set foot in a church in longer than the reverse. Hypocrisy under the guise of holiness really really POs me, and that's how I see any churches and worshipers, sure some might be pure hearted but it only takes one apple going bad in a barrel to make the rest go bad quick enough. Figuring out if there is a god how he/she works, etc, seems like a waste of effort as well, if god wanted everyone to stand on one leg for an hour at every noon time to worship them he/she/they could write it on the moon in clear language for us all - else we can only assume we are to address what is in front of us as more important (like finding enough food) than silly (and likely man made or at least man twisted) dogma and arguments about it.

      Delete
    5. @Spud, I'm not on a coast (though I lived on one for 40 years), I'm in the middle, middle north. Bean Blossom (Home of Bluegrass), IN. Waaaaay back in the stix, surrounded by hillbilly's and wild animals. Nice and peaceful back here most of the time.

      Delete
  3. I've been thinking of myself as a nationalist, a patriot. Wave the flag and cheer my nation on. But arguing on social media with people whom are insisting on forcing societal destructive agendas on others (how many freakin' genders?) I wonder if I have a nation to be nationalistic about? After all a nation isn't a flag and a border, it's its people and I'm not dying on behalf of freak who hates me and would see me in gaol for using the wrong gender pronoun or for saying mean things about the religion of peace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The more people try to deny reality, the more they move from a healthy culture, the less help you can be/help they want ( except for you to die for them-and it all boils down to treasure grubbing anyway, in this dying civilization ). Best to go it along. You and yours only. The nation state died with carbon fuels and the end of colonialization ( or any means of surplus ) anyway.

      Delete

COMMENTS HAVE BEEN CLOSED