Wednesday, January 17, 2018

guest article-post 2 of 2 today

GUEST ARTICLE-post 2 of 2 today
*
note: if you have a guest article, I'm always happy to run it.  No skill needed, except imparting knowledge.  Or, just an excuse for a plug.  If you are a business, even just an author of one book, feel free to use me to shrill your product.  Or, tell your friends who are.  Minions here are Big Boys-they can judge the merits of businesses products themselves.  This is just one of the many ways I use to irritate everyone-I get no compensation other than that pleasure.
*

 

Why Coffee is the Doomsday Prepper's Best Friend

When faced with the dire circumstances that will drive millions into survival mode, the well-prepared survivalists will already have stores of necessities. While it is easy to speculate about what some of the most important items are, few people consider the great importance of coffee for surviving a doomsday scenario.

 

The popularity and availability of coffee in today’s society are undeniable. Whether it is a traditional mug brewed at home or a double shot, half-caf, upside down, fat-free macchiato from a trendy café; coffee is something that is in our blood. Although no exact statistics exist, health experts estimate that between 50%-70% of Americans have a dependence or a physical addiction to caffeine. Even if you are not one of the millions of people who need their caffeine to get going each day, the chances are high that someone you know is. For this reason, having a sizable stash of coffee is not just a good idea, it could potentially save your life.

 

WAYS COFFEE CAN HELP IN A DOOMSDAY SCENARIO

 

• The most apparent way coffee can help you in a doomsday situation is to help you to stay alert and energized. It is no secret that the military uses coffee to help soldiers maintain alertness, especially while on guard duty. You will receive the same sort of benefit so that you can watch over your loved ones in a post-apocalyptic scenario.

 

• Research proved that coffee does relieve headaches. In the case of caffeine-addicted individuals, coffee will help to ward off headaches, lethargy, and irritability caused by caffeine withdrawals. In a survival situation, you will have limited access to everyday comforts such as pain-relieving medications. A reserve of coffee makes sense because it is a single product with various uses.

 

• Many coffee drinkers associate a cup of coffee with relaxation and ease. Even though a doomsday survival scenario will be far from relaxing, the powerful associations which the human brain makes with specific compounds are enough to relieve some of the stress of the survival situation. While it is a temporary relief, a mental respite induced by coffee will be a welcome break from your other-worldly life situation.

 

• Aside from coffee’s physical and psychological benefits, it is probable that it will attain high value as a trade commodity or a currency. While stock-piling coffee may sound like an unusual idea, it could prove to be profitable. When one considers the fact that a doomsday situation will render paper currency value-less, it is easy to see how the worth of things with actual value will increase.

 

• Owning a surplus of coffee could save you and your loved ones from harm or death. Because of the general lawlessness of a doomsday condition, everything that you have with value also has the potential to save your life. Instead of being overrun by people scavenging for useful things, striking a bargain using coffee as your currency would be advantageous.

 

Even though you may not live in an area where coffee grows naturally, it is a good idea to create a surplus of coffee for yourself and your friends and family. Coffee freezes well, instant coffee will maintain its flavor for an extended period of time, and survivalist retailers offer many types of containers created for long-term storage. It is easy to build a store of coffee to help you through the very worst of times, and it is worth every penny that you spend.

 

My Patriot Supply offers an array of preparedness items. They have spent more than ten years perfecting their inventory, and they can meet the needs of all survivalist customers. Their stock includes food, seeds, and purifiers for water and air. My Patriot Supply has what you need for an emergency.

16 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I rarely drink coffee, but stock what I perceive as enough to safely wean off those who anticipate joining me after an event. I don't need them to all have headaches to accompany the rest of the stress when they lose their caffeine supply. It'd be better if they just weaned themselves off of it on their own, but apparently they don't see it that way.

    I see your point that maybe I should stock more than what I have. If I understand your product line at your website, an individual 60 serving coffee pouch doesn't have 60 individually packaged servings, you just use a measuring spoon or whatever to get the individual dose? If I was a coffee drinker after an event (but I'm not), I would think an individually packaged (and therefore sterile) serving would be more of a trustworthy trade item than ground coffee in a sandwich bag or whatever? I would be more willing to purchase them in individual servings unless you have a good explanation as to why that's not necessary.
    Peace out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you can't get single serve pouches online, they have them at the store, or even Starbucks. And those even taste like real coffee. Or, a restaurant supple warehouse ( you can get other neat stuff like individual mayonnaise packs ).

      Delete
  3. Also, just to be clear, I have no affiliation with this company. They solicited to submit the guest article.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate sites like that. All the food products are listed as "servings" with no indication of how big the servings are. No calories, ounces, nothing. And the prices are on the moon. How do places like that stay in business?

    A "serving" to you might be 2 servings to me, or half a serving. There is no metric to gauge serving size. No sale.

    I've been a large scale coffee drinker for almost all of my adult life. About 3 years ago, suspecting a coming demise of everything thing, I switched over to instant coffee, getting rid of the necessity of priority tools to create a drinkable product from raw ground coffee. Hot water in a flame proof vessel is all that I need and that's easy. Then, after starting with Makwell House and Folgers instant, I slowly switched to Great Value (Walmart) brand at a huge discount.

    Instant is packaged in vacuum sealed plastic jars so I am assuming they can be stored for a long time. I have around 40+ jars on hand right now, and I have no idea how many servings that is but a jar lasts me about a month and I drink 3-4 cups a day, so do the math. The large jar costs $5.88. Using gore math that works out to about 90 servings (per month) for $5.88 or 7 cents a serving. For me a serving is a heaping tablespoon, not teaspoon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Remember when generics first came out around the early 80's? Instant coffee was literally undrinkable. At least they've come a long way with it. You do get twice the coffee for the price using grounds, but you do use more fuel and need the specialized tools.

      Delete
    2. Instant mud is definitely an acquired taste and not for the heavily addicted. I was adamant though and when I get to that point in my mind there are no obstacles, just "gitter dun".

      Right now I'm waiting on the delivery of 500 small paper manila envelopes, about 3"x4", that I will preload with 1 tbs of instant coffee, 1/2 tbs of sugar, and 1/2 tbs of GV powdered coffee cream. 10 of those envelopes will be sealed and placed in a sandwich size zip lock with the air squeezed out. 4 of those zips will be placed in the get-home bag in my Blazer. Mud keeps me going full speed all day long, and helps me maintain my school girl figure. HA!

      Delete
  5. for weaning coffeeholics who can tolerate aspirin, excedrin is aspirin with caffeine in it. you might stock some of that,, too.
    p.s. those mayo packs can become rancid. i wouldn't stock a bunch unless i got a killer deal on them and use them every day.
    other stuff may keep but in plastic packs the plastic may not be good long term.
    caution.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The mayo packs were good about three years after expiration. We finished them by then with no issues. So I'd guess 3-5 years in cool storage.

      Delete
  6. I maintain that a wise person, will keep his surplus store of anything well hidden. Until well after the die off. Otherwise you will be a participant in said die off.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I’ve chosen to grow caffeinated tea with just a small stash of coffee. Zone 7 and warmer you can have a very stable source of caffeine. Yaupon holly or camellia sinensis. Learn how to make a tea you like with what grows in your area, if possible. Coffee was an extreme luxury to my grandparents. I don’t want to feel dependent on luxuries.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As wretched and befouled as tea is, the devil's brew, mop water, I have to say the thought of Forever Caffeine sounds rather awesome.

      Delete
    2. Look into acquiring some Ephedra seeds Jim. It’s nickname is “Mormon tea” so my guess is that it will grow in the high desert regions. Now Ephedra has been banned from diet supplements, due to its health hazards. However, my understanding is that it was the concentrated form being used in these supplements that was unsafe, and that in its natural form it is much safer. Just to be on the safe side though, I’d do a little research on it before deciding on it. I got some seeds a few years back, and planned on growing it, but never got around to it.

      Delete
    3. A VERY casual search seems to suggest the seeds cannot be sold. I'll have to look further.

      Delete
    4. Hmm? I had no problem getting them a few years ago. In either event, the link below is where I got mine, and it looks like they still sell them. Beware though. It appears to be ran by a couple of armpit hair braiding, Birkenstock wearing, dirty hippies, that have that freshly crawled out of a dumpster look about them 😀

      https://strictlymedicinalseeds.com/?s=Ephedra&post_type=product&tags=1&ixwps=1

      Delete
    5. I'm thinking about adding "kale eating, Hillary voting, crystal wearing" to the list. :)

      Delete

COMMENTS HAVE BEEN CLOSED