Monday, August 29, 2016

tactical tammy


TACTICAL TAMMY

Uniforms serve a purpose besides the conventionally taught “be able to distinguish friend from foe in the heat of battle”.  That is of course of paramount performance, but ritual and superstition and mental performance also have a lot to do with it.  Pre-Agricultural Empire groups of combatants also have distinguishing combat dress ( think: war paint, for instance, or gang colors ).  This was an easy way of advertising to your enemies that, 1) don’t screw with me, you can see I’m wearing the Kick Ass Combatants Dress, and 2) when attacking without warning a quick visual of the identifying “flag” could further destabilize the victims on a mental level leading to a tactical advantage.  Of course, a uniform, flag, identifying item, all have to be backed by the promise of a world of hurt.  If not, then the uniform is merely a costume.  Then the wearer is just playing a child’s dress up game in a world of adults.  Let me give you an easy example.  You see a Marine Corps uniform, more often than not you are impressed.  The institution behind the uniform has impressed, inspired or instilled fear in you. 

*

You look at a navy uniform, and you think “pussy” ( I’m not playing favorites here, the Army had its share of less than macho traditions and behavior-but you have to admit that without knowing insignia and being unaware of any special status such as aviation or special forces, your initial reaction is most likely going to be “your hats look like orange juice squeezers”, “you swab decks”, and “until recently you were all a bunch of faggots” ).  What has the Navy done for us since 1945?  Granted, Navy nuke missile subs are our best defense against aggression, and the Brown Water Navy did look pretty cool in Apocalypse Now, but other than that what are they other than a really deep hole to pour money in?  I don’t know about you, but I’ve been less than impressed with surface ships since the Falklands War when it was demonstrated to everyone how vulnerable multi-billion dollar vessels are to cheap missiles.  Well, everyone except Congress and the Defense Department-but since politicians are both lower and less intelligent than a lump of whale feces on the bottom of the ocean, as are officers from any branch of the military a mere one step above them on the evolutionary scale, one shouldn’t judge either too harshly.

*

And, really?  An orange juice squeezer?  Even if you are introducing some pretty wicked warriors, you can kind of screw that up dressing them like buffoons ( at least at first.  Given time, that clown costume will inspire the desired effect regardless ).  Look at the Army thirty years ago.  BDU’s were hideously ugly and had the strange ability to highlight whatever ugly body attribute the wearer possessed.  I haven’t kept track of the many and varied uniform changes since then, and it would be interesting to know the percentage of the budget which was wasted on all the unnecessary switches when all that was ever required was to change the OD green fatigues to match different terrains.   Uniforms matter.  Both to the wearer, to feel a sense of pride and conformity to the organization, as well as to feel a surge of confidence.  And to the enemies of the uniform. 

*

I’ll admit the current Army clothing and equipment is an improvement, but for all that they still screw it up by overburdening the individual and any gains are hidden under a proverbial pincushion of crap that covers any advantageous design.  You see one of our guys laboring up a hill under 50% of their body weight in gear, what is your response?  Fear?  Or the knowledge you have time for a quick snack before you need to retreat?  Now let’s move to law enforcement.  Watch some TV shows or movies from the ‘80’s or prior.  You see what?  A web belt with a pistol, a little bit of ammunition and a night stick, with a pair of handcuffs thrown in.  That is it.  Since then, add Mace, Tazers, multiple communication devices and a non-optional kitchen sink.  It is stupid the amount of crap they are carrying.  Of course, just like the military, admirers can happily recite reams of excuses for each and every piece of equipment.  And will in the future as more are added.  In the meantime, you see a cop all encumbered, fit or not, what are you going to think?  I can outrun this bitch.  Why fear him?

*

And if it is a Her?  Really?  If a female LEO is pointing a gun at me, or has multiple male back-ups, I’m very worried and very respectful.  Without a drawn weapon or real cops behind her ( sorry, I‘m very Old School when it comes to the warrior professions-not to say male cops are necessarily any tougher, but they start off and stay with a huge natural advantage )?  Righhhhht.  How can you be all that worried?  In her case, no amount of institutional fear/respect or dazzling uniform is going to inspire much of anything other than disgust.  Unless she is a dyke.  Then I’d worry a lot more.  I certainly wouldn’t get close enough to get my ass kicked.  So, here is today’s lesson, boys and girls and minions.  A uniform doesn’t make you something you ain’t.  It won’t magically transform form over function.  You can dress up as Tactical Tommy as you want, stiffly starched fatigue cap, knee pads, rigid plastic Glock holster, chest bandoleer of AR mags.  And I won’t be impressed.  You can bet the Ghetto Dwellers won’t pause in fright.  You might think that if you look deadly, you are.  And in SOME cases that would be true.  But with today’s pussy-fied military and LEO, you no longer have the backing of an institution to transform you as it once did.  Now, if you think looking deadly will make you so, you are deluded on the way to dead.  Leave the costumes to the clowns, then wait for your tribe to earn its street cred before you treat your uniform as a talisman.

END

Please support Bison by buying through the Amazon ad graphics at the top of the page.  IF YOU DON’T SEE THE AD, DISABLE AD BLOCK ( go to the Ad Blocker while on my page and scroll down the menu to “disable this site” ). You can purchase anything, not just the linked item. Enter Amazon through my item link and then go to whatever other item you desire. As long as you don’t leave Amazon until after the order is placed, I get credit for your purchase.  For those that can’t get the ads because they are blocked by your software, just PayPal me occasionally or buy me something from my Amazon Wish List once a year.  Pay your author-no one works for free.  I’m nice enough to publish for mere Book Money, so do your part.*** 
*Contact Information*  Links To Other Blogs *  Land In Elko*  Lord Bison* my bio & biblio*   my web site is www.bisonprepper.com           *wal-mart wheat
*Link To All My Published Books
* By the by, all my writing is copyrighted. For the obtuse out there

25 comments:

  1. At least the Navy is finally getting rid of its blueberry camo uniforms -the ultimate in ugly and non-functional.

    I've a cute little daughter who just happens to have a second degree blackbelt, and not in one of those sport martial arts. In a kill them quick school. She can do one handed pushups. She ain't normal. She's way on the other end of the bell curve. She's also smart enough to realize she is not going to physically intimidate anyone.

    Of course, she uses that to her advantage, but she's not a LEO. Few people will take on big beefy cops, even if the cop isn't skilled in hand to hand.

    As an aside three guys tried to steal my daughter's kakak. A kayak paddle in the hands of a trained staff fighter is a nasty weapon. One guy is scarred for life both in mind and body. My daughter happened to show up at a private party once. The guy heard she was at the front door, jumped out a window and ran away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How do so many cops bulk up? Do they use steroids after college or is college so easy you just punch the clock ( equating muscle bound with stupidity )?

      Delete
  2. Lay off the crackerjack remarks, us swabbies got enough gripes about what we had to wear without grunts jumping in. LOL, now that I have that out of the way, I will get to my point. Dress for the enviroment, Jim likes his wool, I like my Dickies, don't stand out. Anyone wearing BDU's is asking for trouble. I like carrying a soft cooler to conceal my tablet and other stuff, not hard to covert for other uses and most folks try to avoid you because of the homeless stigma. Gotta think outside the box, not like a GQ model.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hell, I should have gone in the Navy-I might have actually been able to retire.

      Delete
    2. No you would not have, same BS in the Navy as there is in the Army. I got out because of an injury, would have liked to stayed for a bit longer, but doubt I would have made even 16 years

      Delete
    3. You're probably right. I was thinking more of the advantage of the absence of mandatory promotion to stay in. I never considered joining because no job looked interesting, but I do wonder some days at this crappy job what retirement might look like.

      Delete
  3. Sorry dude! I B A white homie about your age and I have spent thousands on tattoos that are clearly visible on my arms, and neck and many of the females in my circle have done the same.
    We wear the baggy pants, my ho wears the grimy low cut tops and we and all our peeps wear our hats backward just like the blacks taught us to.
    Most of the other colors of people, ages too, dress just like us to make our uniforms stand out and terrify the ones who dare to stare at us and MadDog us!
    We all B savin up our WIC and Welfare payments to get all the coolest piercings soon. I want my face to look like a loosing dart board, my ho's 2!
    When you see me and the posse on the street or movin' in next to you, you will show me respect because of my uniform!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe you based on your authentic venecular.

      Delete
    2. If such moved in next to me (unlikely in the extreme) I would be worried about what happened to the skunk I trapped....

      Delete
    3. PS - skunks lover eggs and blueberries. IIRC they will happily follow a trail of such right into a residence.
      Just sayin' is all....

      Delete
    4. That sounds like a good opening salvo.

      Delete
    5. combine with a little too many potholes in the road, the occasional utility interruption, etc. you can make a near by residents life absolute heck.
      Better still though, is to live so far from anyone else that you can not care that the "neighbors" are meth-heads shooting off guns, because you are well beyond range.
      When I had a rental vehicle accidently dropped of in a neighbors drive way (the neighbor didn't care) it took over 15 minutes to drive it back to my homestead at a sedate pace - if it had to be walked it would easily take double that amount of time.

      Delete
  4. “Since then, add Mace, Tazers, multiple communication devices and a non-optional kitchen sink.”


    And don't forget last years left over military equipment such as tanks and APC's that many of the police forces are getting now to use on us unruly citizens. All this when the liberals in the media have been telling us for decades now that crime is at an all time low. Well something doesn't add up? Either crime is up, or it's at an all time low; after they ushered in a massive police state!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What police state? Obammy's Hope Changed all the bad.

      Delete
  5. I think a lot of people got the wrong impression about the special forces after watching movies that illustrate one dude armed with only a knife taking on 200 cops and half a small town and coming out triumphant. They're the best that the U.S. military has to offer no doubt (Or at least they were until recent PC legislation started pounding nails into their coffin as well) but no one is that invincible, and certainly not without a huge support network.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Come on, dude. I got most of my training from Rambo.

      Delete
  6. Jim on your link sidebar is an ironsnow radio light and charger they have an upgrade with 3 times the charge capacity I have one and love it!! https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B013EQVDJ8/ref=s9_acsd_hps_bw_c_x_2
    For 2 bucks more I recommend it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does seem a good price for everything it does. Thanks for the link.

      Delete
  7. People carrying stuff, regardless of what's inside it, always tip me off to what "might be inside". But then, I'm siuationally aware at all times when I leave the estancia.

    Camo attire is not at all unusual around here in Ruralville, lot's of people wear it year round but it really blooms in the late fall as hunting season approaches.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I thought that you might find the below interesting James. You have to scroll down to #4, but I'll summarize it for you. It goes on to say that the modern military (excluding the special forces) provides practically no hand to hand combat training, relying mostly on technology today. But back in WW1 and 2, these techniques were taught and used with regularity:


    “Back then soldiers did, indeed, often enough engage in hand-to-hand combat, but usually with a bayonet fixed to the end of their rifle. And before they ever got down to smacking it out bare knuckled while rolling around in the mud, they’d use their ’trench knives/daggers’ with a built in set of brass knuckles on the handle.”

    “So back then in army basic training, they did teach some hours of very ‘basic’ hand-to-hand fighting eventually emphasizing the ‘spirit’ of the bayonet. Which was…to kill, and keep on killing, even if you ran out of ammo.”

    http://www.survivopedia.com/martial-arts-myths-debunked/


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They can't teach bayonet trailing today because when a girl gets the whole rifle knocked out of her hand she complains of getting her feelings hurt and we can't have that.

      Delete
  9. As a bow hunter, I've got a plentiful supply of camo gear that is very functional. If wildlife can't see me, then damn straight people don't. In fact, as I prefer the spot and stalk techniques. Many times I've walked up on other hunters, neither detected till the last moment. So this leads me to believe that, in its place, it has utility.
    Just not in the city where one needs blend in. Although here in rural Florida, that would be pretty much everywhere lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you were a giant imported python, you could have had dinner. Damn Devil's Pets.

      Delete
    2. Haven't ever run into one of them yet, but yes they are out there. Seen monster rattlers and cotton mouths tho. Tho after my accident, I'm much slower, so ya never know. Gonna start hunting deer and hogs in two weeks from now. Hopefully I'm up for it !
      Oughta be nice n wet out there after this tropical storm what's coming thru right now eh.

      Delete
    3. Good luck on the hunt. Any gators should be sweet tasting meat from the diet of boaters and yankee swimmers.

      Delete

COMMENTS HAVE BEEN CLOSED