Thursday, August 11, 2016

part time economy


THE PART TIME ECONOMY
*
note: this is a MUST READ article.  In fact, if you do not read it I must insist on a return of your gold plated Super Secret Society Of Bison Loyal Minion Decoder Ring.  READ IT!!!!
EROI and the economy
*
Ohhh-Bammy, he’s so fine

He’s so fine I’ll make him mine,

Oh-Bamy!

*

Obammy the First Kenyan, my what a treat he’s been.  Even granting that Presidents do as they are told, even granting that Clinton or Trump will be exponentially worse than The Pillow Biting Muslim, just as he was exponentially worse than The Shrub, even then you have to admit Obammy was one of the world’s less worthy oxygen wasters.  At this point, we are as Rome in its last days, the Emperor almost completely irrelevant, each one the epitome of degradation run amok and as worthwhile as teats on a warthog.  And even then, this low point in human evolution should be able to make his mark as one of the worst Leaders Of The Free World ( as the Central Bankers Bitch likes to call himself, more than likely actually buying his own brand of bullspit ).  Ever.  After this douche, if the Nobel Prize people called me up and offered me the prize with all the money, I’d have to at least think about declining since it would be rather embarrassing to be associated with his kind ( not House Negroes, but Idiots Who Prostitute Themselves On TV For A Cash Prize ).  It would be a tough call as with the money I could buy a dancing girl harem and an HK-91 armory, but I’d at least think about it.

*

Rather than take the rest of the week highlighting all the many depressing mistaken policies associated with this ass clown, we’ll just cover his Part Time Economy Policy for today and move on to other more titillating subjects tomorrow.  Now, I acknowledge that a President is just a meat puppet, mindlessly moving as his owners jerk his strings ( I don’t know if it has always been this way or if it just got more obvious more recently ).  So really there is no good reason to blame the White House occupant for our ills.  Ultimately, it serves no other purpose than to make one feel better to hate on someone else for the state of the world.  The reason I still do it is that it is not only a convenience short cut in communication, it is also good to pretend that if enough people besmirch your name currently and for all eternity than maybe you will be punished far more either in Hell or in a Karmic rebalancing ( I know this is just a fantasy but sometimes you need to visit your Happy Place to cope with life ).

*

After Peak Oil, it should have been obvious to all and sundry that our economy was on borrowed time.  For the last 500 years western civilization has been gorging at the banquet table of obscene surplus energy supplies ( first from colonization and then from carbon fuels ).  In 2005, for the first time continuously rather than just for a short period of interruption, the serving wenches didn’t bring as full of platters to replace the empties.  And that became a problem.  Just as hoggishly fat people have grown so huge that they must consume far more calories than normal just to keep their weight constant, both population growth and oil-substituting-for-labor-and-other-resources growth combined to bring UP the baseline of the bare minimum we needed of oil just to survive economically and even physically.  Seventy years ago the US pumped 10 million barrels of light sweet crude ( NOT fake oil ), while still being the globes premier manufacturer, AND the largest EXPORTER of oil.  Now our economy is failing as we can’t afford our 70% of imported oil which in itself was larger than what we used to produce domestically ( I ignore the blip of Frack Oil as an outlier ).

*

So, since central banks have fueled empires this last five centuries, and are hence essential in that regard, ours was not about to be without its necessary monetary growth even if the resource base all economies must be based on was shrinking.  Without going into the vastly complicated details, one minor ( as opposed to major like the 20 trillion dollars given to other central banks during the 2008 implosion ) source of revenue has been the Insurance Industry Bailout ( and remember who owns that industry.  The bankers ).  With Obammy’s “Affordable” Health Care Act, suddenly everyone was paying double their taxes in hidden form.  A pretty sweet gig if you can get it.  Obammy’s Federales get a cut and the Insurance folks get free money out the wazoo ( when your deductible is a months wages-and that is if you make DOUBLE the average wages-otherwise it is several months wages- you don’t have meaningful real insurance except in name only.  It is a giant money transfer with little cost to the beneficiary ).

*

That translates into real wages being cut, even if you still work full time.  Which isn’t even the case outside the 10% “Managerial Class” who enforce this fiscal abortion.  You get a purchasing power reduction, AND your actual hours are cut so your employer doesn’t have to pay your medical costs, AND your hours shrink further as the economy implodes as businesses close as more discretionary income is funneled into “heath care” and far less into everything else.  This is Obammy’s legacy.  And I for one would like to thank him, even as I would applaud his impeachment and an investigation into his citizenship status ( as if, right? ).  My towns economy hasn’t plunged into freefall.  Not yet.  But the cracks are starting to show on the edges.  As I’ve said before, I need a sharp reduction in population here to drastically increase my chances for survival come the plunge over the waterfall ( the isolation keeps others away but also traps the surplus here if they wait too long ).  I think I’ll get it.  For Rent signs are going up on homes ( after a near decade long housing shortage as every asshat swinging cheese dingus moved here ).  Businesses are going crazy doing a Musical Chairs as they move to cheaper rent locations trying to stay open ( after a crazy business explosion to suction off the easy money the town became perceived as being ). 

*

My food bank donations have roughly doubled, when traditionally summer was my down time to recover from the three month ( it used to be two month ) Christmas Madness when everyone packed the shelves full in hopes of increased sales ( as if magically, when Christmas sales have been in decline, grocery stores think consumers will have extra money anyway ) and then end up giving it to me after expiration.  That was on top of pallets of canned goods one store donated in a “we match customers donation” program.  Needless to say, I’ve not been pleased with the extra workload.  Job Security only takes away so much pain from a seven thousand pound donation day.  I know one store alone, the Yuppie Grocery Store that tied its wagon to finicky and Mine Wage Dependent Yuppie Scum, has sales down 20%.  And ALL the vendors report decreased sales ( and yes, I understand that could merely be a Decrease In The Increase-but most corporate Idiots In Charge think Growth Uber Alles is the only way to do business and got into debt accordingly ).

*

Luckily, the Food Bank has seen both thrift store sales decline AND government grant decline.  We already eliminated a drivers position and the store manager position, and still must take a twenty percent hour cut.  I’m going from 25 hours a week to twenty, so I’ve got Wednesday’s off now!  Happy Days, yo!  Another day to recover from the work load, and much needed.  I’m pleased as punch to see the Part Time Economy going strong.  Gee, I’m glad I planned ahead and this barely effects me financially.  You?

END

Please support Bison by buying through the Amazon ad graphics at the top of the page.  IF YOU DON’T SEE THE AD, DISABLE AD BLOCK ( go to the Ad Blocker while on my page and scroll down the menu to “disable this site” ). You can purchase anything, not just the linked item. Enter Amazon through my item link and then go to whatever other item you desire. As long as you don’t leave Amazon until after the order is placed, I get credit for your purchase.  For those that can’t get the ads because they are blocked by your software, just PayPal me occasionally or buy me something from my Amazon Wish List once a year.  Pay your author-no one works for free.  I’m nice enough to publish for mere Book Money, so do your part.*** 
*Contact Information*  Links To Other Blogs *  Land In Elko*  Lord Bison* my bio & biblio*   my web site is www.bisonprepper.com           *wal-mart wheat
*Link To All My Published Books
* By the by, all my writing is copyrighted. For the obtuse out there

11 comments:

  1. As you know, I recently got a job delivering fish to the local restaurants. This was a three day a week, 5-6 hours per day. Already it has been cut back to, two days...
    Now I must admit that I lied in order to get the job, saying I was perfectly in shape to handle the work ha ha. Suffice to say my dick was dragging after the third day, and actually I'm glad they cut me back lol. My paycheck hates it tho ! Good thing the wifey has a full time job at the zoo.
    Otherwise we'd have to bug out to the swamp pre SHTF.
    Even so, currently my entire check is being used for preps and emergency fund stash.
    Never know when a truck might ruin your day and run ya down lol.
    I'm done trying to convince others to prep and save ! The world is full of idiots, and talking to those which cannot hear is hopeless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't give up hope! All those you talked to know you'll love to share with them come The Day. Otherwise they would be filled with fear and despair. :)

      Delete
    2. Ha ha, they all know I'd just feed em lead.
      Besides there are only like three people that know where I live. That part of OPSEC I've been very discreet about !

      Delete
  2. You were right, that SRS report was a good one, very enlightening.

    In yesterdays comments I believe I detected a slight bit of disgust at the idea of eating rat. In the future you envision, rat is likely to be the available "big game" and insects the available "small game". I present, for your educational viewing pleasure, a "must watch" video on eating rat.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcDfWj3Sek0

    Alternatives to the presented technique is to crush the bones of the rat with a hammer after cooking, and eating the crushed/powdered bones to extract all the nutrients from the bones, or to boil it. Boiling retains the most nutrients of all cooking techniques, and if there was any fat, it wouldn't burn off. Bon appetit.
    Peace out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, the disgust was more of a tool being available to eat rat NOW, rather than post-apoc. Just remember, those tasty morsels are also disease ridden flea hopping death dealers.

      Delete
    2. You're right about the flea hazard for sure. This is what I was thinking about for checking your traps and trying to remain safe. Carry a locking lid stainless steel pot to carry your catch back to camp/home such as...

      https://www.amazon.com/Zebra-Loop-Handle-Stainless-Steel/dp/B0038MTXDM/ref=sr_1_46?ie=UTF8&qid=1470957615&sr=8-46&keywords=locking+stainless+steel+pot

      ...or alternatively, a PVC pipe tube that you make yourself with slip-on ends (bottom end glued on) to put your catch in and the fleas can't escape. That way you only have the initial encounter to deal with the fleas (and of course the time when you release the lid to dump your catch in the fire to burn off the fur and kill the fleas). One thing I disagreed with in the video is skinning the rat. There's calories and fat in the skin, why throw it out?

      When retrieving your catch from the trap, and from the fire, you could use long-handled needle-nose pliers and hold it arms length to reduce the hazard.

      https://www.amazon.com/Chicago-Tool-Long-Nose-Pliers/dp/B00LTU1QYO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1470957719&sr=8-1&keywords=long+handled+needle+nose+pliers

      Of course, if you had a Leatherman, you could use the pliers on that, but I think the extra distance with the long handle would be good.
      Peace out

      Delete
    3. I hope I don't have to go through all that bother. The good news is, it's better than long pork.

      Delete
    4. If you listen to the voice over, this rat was accused of killing pheasant chicks in the nest. Pheasants are yummy. Pheasants eat bugs. Even if you didn't eat it, this rat is better dead. It could be bait for a bigger trap to catch a bigger morsel, or more rats. That's what I thought about burning guts- noooooo: bait!

      pdxr13

      Delete
    5. My idea- I don't know if it would work so if you know from experience please speak up - Is to use Permathin and Diatomaceous Earth - stock up on them both, they can go a long ways and have a lot of uses - including putting in and around your traps before harvesting the content to make the fleas and ticks die/leave prior to collecting it.

      Delete
  3. With regards to rodent consumption and plague avoidance, it seems to me that I recall from my fathers deer hunting days, that there was a cool down period at which point the majority of fleas would hop off.

    I recall an episode of Survivorman in which he caught a squirrel, and was fearful of the plague. He basically just threw the whole thing in the fire, fur, guts and all. I don't remember if he gutted it or skinned it afterwards or not?

    If you don't wish to cook it this way, you could probably get by using some tongs, or skewering it and holding so far above a fire as to not burn it, but enough to drive the fleas off. The little bastards are said to be able to jump 13”, so double that distance and then some should provide you with a safe distance.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do fleas hang around once the rat is dead?

    I know when I harvest a deer, the ticks start leaving as soon as the deer is dead. I'm curious if fleas do the same thing.

    Idaho Homesteader

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS HAVE BEEN CLOSED