Thursday, November 5, 2015

media darlings 1 of 2


MEDIA DARLINGS 1 of 2
*
Unfortunately for you, publishing is free.  Which means I can add this reminder every friggin day.  BUY MY DAMN NEWSLETTER! MSBN #4
*
NOTE: Steve, got your PayPal donation ( my e-mail was kicked back ).  Many thanks, and it will go to the good cause of books
*
The media has had a hate affair with survivalists since the 1970’s.  Prior to that, when there were either hippy dudes going back to the land ( Mike O of underground house fame had his acreage and garden, rifle for bears, big barrels of wheat kernels, not to mention his income from his book, way up in far northern Idaho, making him a prototype survivalist long before Rawles came along ) or upright middle class citizens building bomb shelters ( if you have Netflix, The Twilight Zone’s episode “the shelter” is on season three, episode three ), they weren’t considered evil survivalists.  They were just a-skeert of the Evil Soviets.  Or drop-outs which left society to leave the white bread folks alone to work their jobs and have their 2.3 kids and drive their new Caddies.  They didn’t matter because they either contributed to society or left it.  They didn’t scare the folks that read newspapers or watched the six o’clock news.  Jones was contributing to the construction industry and Smith was out of sight and mind.  Jones was afraid of the correct approved enemy and Smith was a harmless weirdo like a homeless guy with a shopping cart house or the cat lady down the block.  Well, perhaps Smith was worthy of some righteous indignation if he was on Food Stamps, back when people on welfare actually used tax money ( as opposed to it now being nothing more than money borrowed from our great-great-grandchildren which everyone knows will never be paid back, so why not go wild now, right?  Anyone opposed to welfare now might have a hard time explaining how 25% of spending is Medicare, 25% is Social Security and yet only 20% is all other payments combined.  Jerome the pimp on Food Stamps costs a lot less to support than an old fart taking pills in retirement ).

*

If the 1960’s had been a time of unfathomable social turmoil with Blacks getting uppity and bitches going from demure wedding night virgins to raving sluts burning bras, the 1970’s were far worse with economic calamity thrown into the mix.  Joe The Plumber, still a generation removed from mistrusting government so having no clue anyone but commies could be evil, did as he was told and marched into cannon fire in World War Two and Korea, then with growing unease but still somewhat blind faith into Vietnam, and if he was able went back home to work like a dog for The Company in exchange for The American Dream, a nice wife with a dog and children to play behind the white picket fence.  The 70’s were a direct refutation of that promise and dream.  Me and you, a somewhat younger generation, grew up amidst that wreckage of that social contract and our New Normal was nothing but a degenerating nightscape of lies and rubble.  But those older folks back then were actually shocked at the unfolding lie ( and yet, once again shocked as they are getting screwed on Social Security?  Well, not them!  Not this time!  They fought tooth and nail to get the hump job pushed up one more generation ) and the first sign of their angst was of course venomous denial.

More Next Article

END
 

Please support Bison by buying through the Amazon ad graphics at the top of the page.  IF YOU DON’T SEE THE AD, DISABLE AD BLOCK ( go to the Ad Blocker while on my page and scroll down the menu to “disable this site” ). You can purchase anything, not just the linked item. Enter Amazon through my item link and then go to whatever other item you desire. As long as you don’t leave Amazon until after the order is placed, I get credit for your purchase.  For those that can’t get the ads because they are blocked by your software, just PayPal me occasionally or buy me something from my Amazon Wish List once a year. Or, buy the monthly magazine.  Pay your author-no one works for free.  I’m nice enough to publish for mere Book Money, so do your part.
*  My monthly newsletter: search at Amazon under Kindle “Malthusian Survivalist Newsletter”.  * 
*Contact Information*  Links To Others*  Land In Elko*  Lord Bison* my bio & biblio*   my web site is www.bisonprepper.com
*My books: http://bisonprepper.blogspot.com/2015/04/my-book-links.html
* By the by, all my writing is copyrighted. For the obtuse out there

 

 

 

13 comments:

  1. pissed off Gen-Xer who is underemployedNovember 5, 2015 at 3:19 PM

    "Jerome the pimp on food stamps costs a lot less to support than an old fart taking pills in retirement".

    True, dat.

    I always love your posts where you yank the walker away from Seniors so you can scream at them for a minute or two. Highly cathartic.

    The oldest generation still (some of them) alive did, no doubt, love them some FDR. They voted in people who would get rid of the county Poor Houses and give them direct cash payments instead. It might have been fine if the benefits ended there, but f*#k them if they think society owes them $1,200/mo in prescriptions for the last 30 years of their life, plus $9,000/mo for a room in a nursing home for the last 10 years of their life, and then, of course, to pay their $500,000 hospital bill for the last 90 days of their life. All this in addition to their monthly SS check that they 'earned'.

    No sir. F*#k that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dissing on Q-Tips is fun and I get hate comments from half and cheers from the other. Would I stretch my greedy little hand out for the bennies if they were still available in 14 years? Of course I would. I wouldn't even hate myself. I just wouldn't lie to myself about what I was doing.

      Delete
    2. Just like in death after the collapse, we know it is inevitable but fight it anyway. The fight, not the end results, are what is important.

      Delete
  2. Thought you might find this interesting James, and it would be interesting to hear your take on it at some point?

    http://www.amazon.com/Black-Gold-Stranglehold-Jerome-Corsi/dp/B003D7JVJS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OK, I just ordered it. Looks interesting although I can't imagine it will contain more than the Thomas Gold book which I read years ago. As you might recall, the brilliant issue brought up by a minion was "yeh, but what's the flow rate?" If abiotic oil is a fact, which I don't dispute is entirely possible, is the refill rate sufficient? If we have been draining by a firehose and the refill rate is a trickle, abiotic oil is still Peak Oil, very soon all expensive and hard to get. Also, I just said that same thing in my last newsletter. I thank you for the recommendation and if anything is covered above and beyond Gold's book I'll be sharing it with ya'all.

      Delete
    2. I actually caught the one author (Dr Corsi) late last night on coast to coast am, where he is a regular guest contributor, and knew immediately that you would be interested.

      The authors apparently did a great job of exposing the fear mongering and politics behind the “man made climate change” scam, but the reviews were just so so? A lot of complaints about annoying typos, not following through with enough satisfactory research to prove a theory, and yes, many questions on the flow rate of this new lease on oil life!

      I really don't keep up with this topic as do you James, but the extractability and flow rate was something that I immediately had to question the moment he started discussing his book?

      Delete
    3. I'll admit I never thought of the flow rate. Which is why you need minions covering your ass. Big group hug, "minion-me, you complete me!" ( Austin Powers reference )

      Delete
    4. “Big group hug, "minion-me, you complete me!"

      Fair enough James. But remember, here in the PRK, the land of the butt pirate, any more than 3 seconds counts as a civil union, so I can divorce you and take half your preps! :D

      Delete
    5. I can understand a full body hug, but what about up-above-the-waist-only hugs?

      Delete
  3. Your " Joe the Plumber" analogy is spot on. I bought the whole government lie, inherited from my WWII alumni parents. Joined the military because of "Patriotism" and bailed out as fast as I could (9 years). I've matured into you! Never trust those in power again and prepping as best I can. Good wordsmithing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think everyone in every generation must get screwed by the government to learn, but luckily for us there is less and less trust in place first so that it takes less offensive actions to turn us away. Hell, back then it took Watergate, JFK assassination and the draft combined to piss off citizens. Now, just a "stop-gap" involuntary extension on your enlistment and you are soured on the FedGov for life.

      Delete
    2. I'll always remember when the words behind IRR went from "Inactive Ready Reserve" to "Individual Ready Reserve" in the contract for enlistment. When you re-enlisted, you got the new verbage, and understood that getting out did no longer make you "Inactive" military.

      Involuntary retention after a "voluntary" military enlistment is exactly SLAVERY. You are OWNED. I don't care why. They should have asked you to sign an extension before deployment, or let you go early, or offered a big pile of money, that you must be able to (technically) turn down and leave, but not just taken your life and made you fight. None of this Empire BS in Iraqistan is a "military emergency" that can justify 1 day of unconvicted involuntary servitude.

      The CONUS is not invaded. Eff this, I'm getting home.

      pdxr13

      Delete
    3. You fool! Don't you realize that you are retained because the military industrial complex is having an emergency? Profits might decline if there were no more blown up Hummers to replace.

      Delete

COMMENTS HAVE BEEN CLOSED