Wednesday, November 4, 2015

empire epithet


EMPIRES EPITHET
*
Why do you hate me?  If you haven't bought through my Amazon links, and aren't insanely poor, you have no excuse for not buying the monthly newsletter.  Unless you hate me.  Is that it?  Malthusian Survivalist Newsletter no4
*

The British Empire wasn’t exactly a picture of global democracy, like ours falsely claims to be, nor one of equality.  It did benefit its inhabitants with a long peace, brutally established, but while it flew the banner of great sacrifice carrying The White Man’s Burden it was in the end about enriching a few elites.  The American Empire can claim no more, and certainly it should expect to be viewed as far less.  While the Brits occupied a country to strip it of its assets, they did establish schools and roads and administration of justice and a few other benefits.  When America set its sites on a juicy commodity, the piece of real estate in question was never occupied.  Oh, heavens to Betsy no, we are not an empire so we can’t have any occupying forces on hand.  No, we just put our hand picked boy in power and let him terrorize the place in exchange for a free flowing resource back to our ports for half pennies on the dollar.  We had tried occupying forces, in the South after the Civil War and in the Philippines after our war with Spain, and that must have left a very sour taste in the mouths of our elites, to whom any cost better avoided was eagerly embraced.  I’m not saying our masters are some cheap pricks, just that they have got to be some of the tightest fisted bastards of all time or place.   What an imperial epithet.  Cheap Whores.

*

Americans have never had any class, a state of affairs viewed with horror by our elites who try desperately to over compensate for that by emulating the royals elsewhere, but eagerly embraced and celebrated by its working classes.  We came from the gutters and shacks from Europe and we spare no opportunity to snub our noses and flip the bird at high class arseholes everywhere.  Look at me, your humping lordship, I’ve got a pocketful of dollars and a holster full of pistol and I’d sooner cap your fat ass than look at you, you rich twat ( gun control will never seriously be successful, thank goodness.  I think our physiological attachment to them stems from our belief we shant be economically unequal again.  Far from true, but the illusion of control is what is embraced )!  But a terrible thing has happened on our way to riches for the lower classes and that is we have traded our origins for money not caring terribly that our fellow poor in other places are suffering in our stead.  We were exploited and fought our way back wrestling some powers from the corporations, only to have them board up the factories and leave us in the unemployment line.  So we let our masters rape the rest of the world so we could keep just a taste of what we had lost.  And ignored that reality by surrounding ourselves in a sealed bubble of bread and circus’.  Now THAT is showing about no friggin class.  Too bad we had learned to revel in that state, as we actually take pride in our ignorance and deceit.  We as a people are Cheap Whores, indeed.

END
Please support Bison by buying through the Amazon ad graphics at the top of the page.  IF YOU DON’T SEE THE AD, DISABLE AD BLOCK ( go to the Ad Blocker while on my page and scroll down the menu to “disable this site” ). You can purchase anything, not just the linked item. Enter Amazon through my item link and then go to whatever other item you desire. As long as you don’t leave Amazon until after the order is placed, I get credit for your purchase.  For those that can’t get the ads because they are blocked by your software, just PayPal me occasionally or buy me something from my Amazon Wish List once a year. Or, buy the monthly magazine.  Pay your author-no one works for free.  I’m nice enough to publish for mere Book Money, so do your part.
*  My monthly newsletter: search at Amazon under Kindle “Malthusian Survivalist Newsletter”.  * 
*Contact Information*  Links To Others*  Land In Elko*  Lord Bison* my bio & biblio*   my web site is www.bisonprepper.com
*My books: http://bisonprepper.blogspot.com/2015/04/my-book-links.html
* By the by, all my writing is copyrighted. For the obtuse out there

 

13 comments:

  1. Our power went out the other day for a good portion of the day. Unexpected power outages have a way of upsetting your daily routines, and making you appreciate grid power, and to also realize that there is a transition phase to living off grid, as I will be in the near future.

    In either event, I needed hot water, but all I had was my bulky 2 burner Walmart camping stove, and I didn't feel like dragging it out, so I used our propane barbecue. So I began a search for a good single burner camp stove. After reading about your luck James, with the cheap China-Mart stoves, I also wanted something that wouldn't leave me “cold” when I most needed it. I came across some alcohol burning stoves. I knew that these stoves existed, and in fact posted about them at this site before. I had made one previously from a soda can and it worked out pretty well. But I wasn't aware that there were commercial models available and quite cheap as well. Long term I think that these stoves have potential, since the fuel can be simple corn liquor. I ordered two different models since they were so cheap. Not much can break on one of these, so performance will be what makes them or breaks them.

    From Amazon:

    “Average burning time, 24-30 min per 2oz fuel Will boil 16oz of water in about 6 minutes.”

    http://www.amazon.com/Ezyoutdoor-Efficient-Lightweight-Situations-Backpacking/dp/B014R29SBS/ref=sr_1_16?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1446614236&sr=1-16&keywords=alcohol+stove

    http://www.amazon.com/Ezyoutdoor-Alcohol-Camping-Bivouac-Backpacking/dp/B016BM9LEG/ref=pd_sim_sbs_468_3?ie=UTF8&dpID=51964d5RCHL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR160%2C160_&refRID=0JPFG2702S18WH57P9SQ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure would be a great back-up for propane. As you state, they can break and do, with a back-up unit in stock the only sure cure ( another $40 sitting idle ).

      Delete
  2. O.K. I just bought all four newsletters, which is an awful lot of doom. In fact, my Kindle even FEELS heavier. Obviously there must be some weighty analysis on some heavy subjects. I shall dig into them later tonight.

    How about 10 more of you readers out there do the same to give our Lord Bison a shot of encouragement? You know you'll just piss the $4 away on something else anyways. 99 cents per newsletter is a ridiculously good deal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope I am worthy of your purchase, and thank you for admonishing the minions.

      Delete
    2. Okay you made me do it. Just bought the Frugal Living book, Kindle addition.

      Delete
    3. Exxxxcellent! Cool pic ( whatever they are called-minitars? )

      Delete
    4. I just bought 70.00 worth of stuff on amazon. Never know if you are getting the credit though.

      Delete
    5. But you get Bison Credit for doing so, one way or another.

      Delete
  3. I have been reading some vintage 80s Survival Guide (pre-ASG). The HK-91 is king and Soviet nukes are the #1 threat. This genre of mag had a big impact on me (i.e. brainwashed me) as a high schooler then. Rember the now defunct Guns and Action, Gung-Ho and Eagle? I still love this stuff.
    Reading some of these 30 plus years later is nostalgic of course. Trying to pull out a lesson to apply to today's tidal wave of info and separate the worthy from the nonsense. S in FL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you seen the Century Arms HK-91's? $650. Damn, but it tempts me.

      Delete
    2. It looks good especially for the price. Get it and scratch that lifelong itch. Think of the review articles it would require. Post a fund raising thermometer on the blog.
      Williams Trigger did a 91 for me and is the one and only mod needed in my opinion.
      The steel mags are a study in robust Teutonic engineering. I got crazy buying them for about $6 (cant remember exact price) a few years back when some military (Germany?) unloaded a ton of aluminum and steel mags. After paying $60 for a steel mag during the 90s it was heady stuff.
      Remember the HK ad with the mercenary-looking dude half submerged in a swamp with a 91. Head scarf, black face paint and a coil of rope over one shoulder. "In a World of Compromise, Some Men Don't." Jesus, between that and the survival magazines, of course I had to buy one sometime circa 1985. S in FL.

      Delete
    3. The temptation is there as, yes, I was influenced by the same literature as you. Of course, I was also quite taken by Bo Derek in "10" and I was never able to aquire her.

      Delete
    4. True that homes.

      Delete

COMMENTS HAVE BEEN CLOSED