Monday, March 27, 2017

elites minimum wage


ELITES MINIMUM WAGE
*
note: Smashwords has post-apoc fiction.  I chose "free", "over 50k words", but you can search differently.  Here they are: click here
*
Glen Beck, the fecal stain who wants you to panic and buy his sponsors freeze dried foods, but ONLY because there might be a tornado or hurricane victim nearby who needs charity since  there is NO reason to panic as we have two hundred years of fracking oil available, and his retarded twin Rush Limbaugh who created a media empire trash talking the Klinton Kunts but then when Republican Bush was wiping his gonorrhea dripping dingus with the Constitution Rush was STILL blaming everything on Democrats, those two cretins would have you believe that God himself wants American businesses to be unhampered in their actions by the government.  Hey, look how well that worked out when we let Enron write their own rulebook!   And while Social Security is NOT welfare ( because most of their radio listeners are already sipping at that teet ), everything else including minimum wage most certainly is!  Why, we could compete with the Chinese if we did away with that interference in the All Holy One Blessed Be They Name “Free Market”.  Amen and hallelujah.  

*

Now, I’m the last guy around who likes Big Government.  To me, Social Security is indeed welfare ( although you can bet your last jelly donut if by a miracle it is available to me I’ll snatch it right up ) and I do NOT stand up and cheer the troops when they are engaged in imperial adventures.  But if BigGov insists on handing a large chunk of the national wealth to big corporations and the banks, I’ll certainly cheer anything that screws me a tiny bit less.  Such as minimum wage laws.  Now, the only popular entertainment news out there regarding minimum wage is that the Unions agitated for child labor laws to increase the income of its members, accepting minimum wage at the same time, and that our benevolent Democrats ( probably originating with Big Daddy Commie Dingus Licker FDR, patron saint of all that is good for the Little People.  Oh, wait.  Is that Trump now?  I get confused which one of the banker elites bitches was supposed to love the poor ) push for more minimum wage laws all the time which will force all the jobs overseas. 

*

You rarely hear anything else.  It was bad! ( bad Unions!  No biscuits for you!  Bad Democrats, costing business money! ).  Every time the minimum wage is going to go up, business everywhere will immediately replace workers with robots and no more jobs can be had.  I image those making the argument think they have a valid point, since we have lost all our jobs to China.  However, if I may?  What if, just mull it over a bit, what if minimum wage was ALWAYS for the benefit of centralizing forces?  Big government, big business and big centralized banks.  Because, if you strip away the ONLY argument against minimum wage which is that it hurts The Free Market, and instead Follow The Money, who benefits from minimum wage?  Remember, the Free Market is only a law of physics to small business owners, the Mom& Pops.  There, the Free Market kicks the crap out of the least efficient.  Up the business food chain, where large corporations write the government regulations and Senators come to graze freely, there is no free market but rather mercantilism.  Or, perhaps fascism.  Whatever your definition, the three stooges of our nation, those blindly pulling levels which create money but do a whole lot more that is ignored, Big Business and Big Banks and Big Gov all feed and help each other.

*

So, if those idiots are in charge, and it is rather plain as the alcoholic induced burst veins on your nose that they are, why would they support paying workers more than necessary?  Their whole lot in life is that of a parasite and so why get less blood than is possible?  Here is what I’ve come up with as a working hypothesis.  Minimum wage helps all three parties.  It strengthens each.  Corporations use costly workers as a means to destroy small business and as an excuse to automate.  There is no profit in hiring more workers as far as the bankers are concerned but plenty in buying machines.  And government sees more taxes on higher wages, amongst other benefits such as increased dependence and more Divide And Conquer.  Let’s start at the corporate level.  Remember, our entire economic history of a nation was one of abundant resources but dear labor.  Indentured servants, then slaves, then immigrants from failed states, then petroleum slaves have all been used to make up for the lack of labor abundance.  Elsewhere, serfs and other poor provided cheap labor.  Here, it has always been a struggle to get that.  Remember that big business hates materials or labor costing anything.  To the capitalist religious fanatics, cost is a dirty word and profit is mothers milk.

*

With minimum wage, big business is better profited by automation, robotics and machines.  It is cheaper to buy a machine on payments than to pay workers.  So, you surmise, why not lower the wages to under that of machines?  Because machines are eventually paid off and continue to produce but wages are forever.  Because by paying for machines, wage costs are reduced, even if a few workers are paid more.  And more importantly, if you don’t have big gov and big banks in your corner, you don’t get the tax breaks from automation ( regulations written to penalize competitors ) nor will the bank give you loans for the machinery.  The banks love loaning money for more and bigger machines.  And, if you ask why Chinese labor is encouraged rather than leaving American factories open, you are asking the wrong question.  The correct one is, were Chinese machines cheaper than American ones?  It was cheaper to lease time on Chinese machines to manufacture our products than to own them outright.  It was a timeshare.

*

Granted, it would have been ideal to export our surplus, but only ideal to the nation as a whole and the workers, NOT to the elite.  More profit was made in overseas factories than local ones.  Certainly lower cost labor factored in but it wasn’t the ONLY consideration.  Perhaps our CEO’s were tired of sucking in the industrial pollution along with the factory line workers.  It doesn’t matter-you just need to keep in mind things happen for a reason and nobody just handed a gift to the peons of higher wages without a reason.  The details are fascinating but hardly moot if slightly off.  This has been an exercise in critical thinking which in and of itself is a neat skill to have for any apocalypse.

END

Please support Bison by buying through the Amazon ad graphics at the top of the page.  IF YOU DON’T SEE THE AD, DISABLE AD BLOCK ( go to the Ad Blocker while on my page and scroll down the menu to “disable this site” ). You can purchase anything, not just the linked item. Enter Amazon through my item link and then go to whatever other item you desire. As long as you don’t leave Amazon until after the order is placed, I get credit for your purchase. ***

I love you all, as few minions as there are you do very well in supporting me buying through Amazon.  But plenty of you don't give ANY  support to your favorite author.  And that's me, and that's wrong.  Unless you are in extreme poverty, spend a buck a month here for a book.  I only get 35 cents so nobody is going to send me up to Idaho to live on their purchase.  If you don't do Amazon, send me a buck and I'll e-mail it to you.  Or, send an extra buck and I'll send you a CD ( the file is in PDF ).  My e-mail is: jimd303@reagan.com  that is three ZERO three, not three oh three. My address is: James M Dakin, 181 W Bullion Rd #12, Elko NV 89801-4184*** Pay your author-no one works for free.  I’m nice enough to publish for barely above Mere Book Money, so do your part.***

 *Contact Information*  Links To Other Blogs *  Land In Elko*  Lord Bison* my bio & biblio*   my web site is www.bisonprepper.com  *wal-mart wheat*Link To All My Published Books
* By the by, all my writing is copyrighted. For the obtuse out there

17 comments:

  1. Yes, the big push to raise the minamum wage is to get the under 30 hours a week crowd to make enough money so not to qualify for medicaid. The cost of government required medical insurance would be far more than the raise in wages.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suppose the taxpayers give to Medicaid or they supplement the ER free services with higher medical costs. I'd imaging that after a short time, with far fewer paying patients due to exponential raising medical costs, the push for the taxpayer to foot the bill will see-saw back.

      Delete
  2. OK, I read that whole thing, twice, and still don't know what you're saying.

    Also, you seem to have a bone in your ass over the free market even though you've never experienced it. All you've known your whole life in that regard are large scale criminals, public and private, scaling the whole thing to their own advantage and the rest of us must fend for ourselves. The fancy economists, if you hold their thumbs in the door jamb, will call it "quasi-free market" but that's just a polite term for outright theft.

    In a truly free marketplace where the politicians weren't public hors rented out to the highest bidder but rather created common sense laws and enforced them properly EVERYONE would be better off and this county's economy would soar like never before in human history. Prices would be low and quality would be high. Instead of the trashy free for all we have now where everybody is scamming everybody else.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You misunderstand- I have a bone in my ass over the rich using the illusion of a free market to screw me. When it is being used as propaganda I dislike the term. The concept is acceptable.

      Delete
    2. Free markets are an abstract concept that has never actually existed. I declare my competitive advantage legal and your competitive advantage is not. I practice free market principles and you don't. It is about power. People sell the free market the same way they do religion, but it just justifies the power structure.

      Delete
    3. Yes, it SHOULD be an ideal to reach. But it is just a simple tool of oppression in practice. And just like religion it gets the irrational all heated up. You Jesus Freaks burned us at the stake and soon will be warring against us again, but for now we can call you on your BS fantasy power trip. State Religion and big govt. were born together at the Agricultural Age and it has been downhill ever since because of the two. Your god and your worship should be a private affair but most choose to force it on others, by the tip of the sword. Yes, I understand cultural harmony can't happen otherwise out of the tribal structure, but its practitioners still leave a foul taste in my mouth.

      Delete
    4. Anon above is full of you know what and there is only one thing I hold in higher contempt than religion and it's this rotten a$$ed gov't. I've been talking it and walkin it for more than 30 years and practice a free market wherever I go. Everything else is criminal.

      Delete
    5. I don't see how you living by higher principles invalidates how everyone else acts. If 99% of people act evil, evil is the defacto setting. Anon is correct about how everyone spits on the free market. I admire your conviction but you are probably getting screwed by others because of it. Is that wise, to place philosophy over practicality during a civilization collapse? Put another way, why do you owe others tribal loyalty while they are screwing you like a stranger? Forgive any indelicacy on my part bringing this up, I'm sure it is a sore spot.

      Delete
  3. "Social Security is welfare..." My ass it's welfare you dingus pus abscess! I paid many a dollar, as did my employers, all my working life to collect the meager check that I receive each month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Easy, Francis. If you get more in than you paid, it is welfare. SS is spend as quick as it is collected. They don't invest it to earn interest. Always been that way. Relax, take a deep breath.

      Delete
    2. 'Anon's colorful descriptive adjectives referring to our esteemed blogger are, almost.. Dakinistic.

      Be that as it may, SCOTUS has ruled SS to be NOT a real retirement program, but something closer to generally-recognized welfare. Your monthly benefit is determined by your contributions, yes, but your lifetime bene is not. You cannot bequeath any surplus upon death to your heirs, because it's NOT yours! You gave it to the gov't, and, BTW, they pissed it away to themselves, cronies, heirs and assigns. Would that it were not so..(like a lot of things)

      Neil

      Delete
    3. I suppose if you used the courts decision that SS is welfare, then folks would just argue the court is flawed, then use an argument they don't like such as abortion as justification for not agreeing that SS is welfare. In other words, act like lawyers. Hey, if I applied for Food Stamps, and I was genuinely hungry, it is STILL welfare. So are tax breaks for corporations, farm subsidies, etc. Reminds me of Populists, they want shrunken pre-Revolution levels of govt., no taxes, but support a huge military. You can't have it both ways. People want free money, but they also want to justify theirs and not any that goes to the poor. Both hypocrites and class snobs.

      Delete
    4. I received my first SS payment last week and will accept all of them I'm given. As a self employed person since 1986 I had to pay in TWICE as much as the average employee whose employer paid the other half. I hope I live to be 150 years old so I can collect more than I paid in, as restitution for it being stolen against my will in the first place. Payback is a hor.

      Delete
    5. If I ever am offered SS, I'll first grab the check viciously, then run home and post an article rubbing it into everyone's faces. Sadly, I don't foresee the day. Self-employed, I don't see even having to file tax returns the amounts will be so low. Not sure how they feel about me not volunteering 15% of that for SS.

      Delete
  4. There is something basically wrong with some ignorant ghetto dweller who has to have pictures of hamburgers, fries and drinks on the keys of the cash register getting 15 god damn dollars an hour. You couldn't get them to pick cotton without beating the hell out of them, I don't think bribes will work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. God, so politically incorrect and SOOO damn funny! Hint to diners, if your eating establishments has idiots banging on pictures, they are not themselves run by very smart individuals. Beware the food they are serving. Fun filled fact. Yesterday in the paper our local gas station got a 100% health dept. rating and McDonald's was in the 80's. I know, those inspectors are jag off political hacks out for revenue enhancement and have axes to grind. Still, pretty funny.

      Delete
    2. About 15 years ago I pulled into the drive tru at Burger King and gave my order and the taker was a pregnant pimply faced white teen. The amount due was $4.13 and I gave her a 5 dollar bill and 13 cents. She stood there and looked at the money, then the cash register then back at the money, stymied. Then she walked all the way over to the office and got a pocket calculator and came back and figured it out. Then she gave me $3 and some change back. I $hit you not. No doubt she dropped that low hangin fruit from her loins and several others since then and the oldest one may be doing the same thing right now. Wonderful world we live in, no?

      Delete

COMMENTS HAVE BEEN CLOSED