Tuesday, April 30, 2019

end is nigh 2


END IS NIGH 2
So, I’m walking this morning on my usual route past one of the cheaper gas stations in town, and see gasoline is $3.09, up ten percent in just several days.  Actually, I think it is more like 13%, but whatever.  The only thing I’m seeing is someone spouting off about the Iran sanctions and how they pump one million barrels a day.  Out of 85, globally.  And what happened to our surplus of fracking oil gasoline?  Just last month, they are running out of storage space for the stuff.  It didn’t make any sense to me.
*
And neither does “price increases for the summer”.  That hasn’t been a real factor for many years, as the trend is LESS gasoline used as wages fall.  It is always the Lamestream Media’s Go To answer, because most of the rubes just need their hair gently stroked as you tell them you love them ( right before you push them down the stairs ).  And “greedy oil companies” haven’t been a real reason, either, for a long time.  Most oil has been nationalized, and the privates are losing just as much money.  Update your assumptions.  It will make for a better conversation.
*
It doesn’t really matter what the answer is, anyway.  I’m just using this as an example of how we are being treated like mushrooms-kept in the dark and fed fertilizer.  Even the whistleblowers are only marginally useful.  Look at the Shadow Stats guy.  He is performing a great service, but all he is doing is using old government methodology.  The government says, hey, food can’t be counted in inflation.  Shadow Dude goes back to the 1990 way of figuring inflation when food was included.  Or, unemployment.  The same thing.  He is just using older criteria for calculation.
*
But that assumes the government wasn’t lying back then.  Of course it was.  You are exposing SOME of the lie, that is all.  We all know you can lie with statistics.  And all those little nerds in bowties and taped  together glasses compiling the numbers aren’t lying.  They are only using the method of calculation they are allowed.  So, methods are massaged.  Who is to say when they started.  When can you safely go back to?  And what about HOW the numbers are collected, let alone computed.  It is all lying with facts, the facts you choose to see.
*
The Plunge Protection Team was no secret in the late Eighties. They actually bragged about it to calm everyone down.  For every rule change of manipulation that is “for our own good”, how many are we unaware of?  How much overseas news, themselves partial or complete lies by those governments, how much do we even get to hear about?  I don’t think we hear but about one to five percent of the news, and then you don’t know what percentage of that is true or not.  At some point you need to question the validity of what you know.
*
They outright lie, they spread propaganda, they manipulate numbers and they hide news.  Almost everything you know is happy horsecrap.  If you are “staying informed to make a logical choice about the dangers I face”, you are NOT getting enough information to be informed about Hump All.  You think you are alert, informed, cynical and jaded, and you are STILL getting glittery unicorn sunshine pumped up your ass at high volume and velocity.  Which is not to suggest you ignore the news or stop pursuing understanding.  No, you just need to be aware that this is nowhere near enough.
*
The craziest homeless dude wrapped in tinfoil is probably not even close to being paranoid enough to understand how close we are to collapse, how screwed we are and how much worse it will get than we can ever imagine.  Hey, if things were as good as they claimed, there would be no reason to lie about everything.  Why can’t you tell us anything?  Because all the lies are connected.  Tell us ONE thing and you can burrow in towards others and expose them.  Why do you think conspiracy theories are the elites best friend?  It discredits investigation based on conjecture. 
*
I think all of the above is pretty basic and we can agree on it.  The point being, how much faith are you willing to place in your own ability to see behind the curtain?  Do you trust your lying eyes?  Or do you trust your gut?  The ONLY weapon you have right now in finding even the partial truth is to not add self-delusion to the lies and propaganda of others profiting off your ignorance.  Pompeii is smoking.  All the learned men tell you that is normal, happens all the time.  Do you trust you, or them?
*
Most people will trust Them.  That is a byproduct of being social monkeys.  We change our reality to fit in with the group hypnosis.  You might dismiss that, thinking you are too smart for an echo chamber, but most of us still “go along to get along” and before you know it you stop thinking independently.  Or at least, you stop acting on those independent thoughts.  And that is the dangerous part.  And most of us do it without even being aware.  Hey, it isn’t a BAD thing-only during the collapse, not day to day normal living.
*
Your whole life needs to be dedicated towards going against the crowd, now.  I’m not sure why any one of you reading this would disagree with that.  Nobody who JUST wants to prep for a three week blackout ( remember when they used to be three DAYS? ) or an earthquake need read my unstable blatherings here.  I don’t care about short term disaster survival, only surviving civilization collapse and die-off.  I can only assume almost every one of you agrees with my assessment.  That, or I must be “Jim The Entertainer”.  I guess the flailings of the unhinged can be rather amusing.
*
I assume, rightly or wrongly, that every time I dust off a historical fun fact bolstering my distrust and paranoia, you get a bit more clear of the signs yourself that All Is NOT Well.  Things are far worse than even I can imagine, only because I too am trying to just live my life as normal as possible.  Normal being subjective of course.  The only thing keeping me sane?  Already being ready.  I still worry.  It just doesn’t become crippling.  Remember, the truth is out there.  You just won’t be allowed to find it.
( .Y. )
( today's related Amazon link click here )
*
note: free for today books.  EMP here 
*
Please support Bison by buying through the Amazon links here ( or from http://bisonprepper.com/2.html or www.bisonbulk.blogspot.com ). Or PayPal www.paypal.me/jimd303 

*** Unless you are in extreme poverty, spend a buck a month here, by the above donation methods ( I get 4% of the Amazon sale, so you need to buy $25 worth for me to get my $1 ) or mail me some cash/check/money order or buy a book ( web site for free books, Amazon to pay just as a donation vehicle ).
*** My e-mail is: jimd303@reagan.com  My address is: James M Dakin, 181 W Bullion Rd #12, Elko NV 89801-4184 ***E-Mail me if you want your name added to the weekly e-newsletter subscriber list.
*** Pay your author-no one works for free.  I’m nice enough to publish for barely above Mere Book Money, so do your part.*** junk land under a grand *  Lord Bison* my bio & biblio*   my web site is www.bisonprepper.com *** Wal-Mart wheat***Amazon Author Page
* By the by, all my writing is copyrighted. For the obtuse out there

23 comments:

  1. One reasonable cause I heard reported by the news here locally about the rise of gas. Was that much of the ethonol production got shut down because of the mid west flooding. I can see this to be plausible...what they did not elaborate on was how this years crop of corn not being able to be planted will certainly affect later prices in fuel and food. Which will be a factor this coming fall and winter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah! Thank you-that certainly didn't occur to me. And far more plausible than all the devious conspiracies I had been noodling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You always provide plenty of food-for-thought in your articles. Funny, I don’t see you listed in other writer’s blog rolls. I suspect there are lots of “closet readers” out there - including other bloggers. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got a couple, now, where there used to be none. As most blogs get worse and mine gets better, my appeal grows. I should get famous about three days before the Net goes dark forever.

      Delete
  4. Meh. Once a Minionite graduates with that merit badge, and has a few decades vested, all of the hyperbole and muckety muck is kinda a moot point. The switch can be thrown tommorrow, so what? There is only as much to be done as what is accomplished by now, the rest will be strickly not by the book flying by the seat of your pants anyway. Soldier on. The takeaway generally is most minionists are heads up and as ready as really can be and will thrive like a nasty weed anyhow no matter what transpires. At this late stage of things generally, it will be a welcomed arrival and can be relieving in many ways to just get it on already. Just saying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't disagree, but there are new minions who have yet to fully embrace the Dark Side.

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As long as the "getting flattened in an accident" isn't an issue, it is hard to fault such a switch. You might soon be a genius, if we have another 70's gas issue. I think it starts tomorrow, I did a long anti-car series. Again. Don't take it personally. At least you are trying to mitigate.

      Delete
    2. I’ve done a lot of research on this topic DG, because I was seriously considering a Chinese scooter. Basically, the general consensus that I came to was, that if you’re willing to maintain them yourself, they can be a good buy. I learned right upfront, that there were many parts that should be replaced before you ever even drive them. An oil change right off, since generally, they ship with a preservative oil. If it comes with a non-adjustable carburetor, then you might have to replace it, because they set them lean from the factory, due to emissions, which often causes them to burn a hole in the piston. Often, you will find that the wheel, or other bearings are shipped without grease, so you have to check for this. Fuel or vacuum lines, drive belt (In the case of a scooter at least) the coil (or at least have a spare coil with you at all times) and a few other items that I’m forgetting. Frequent valve adjustment was another in the case of the scooters, because they usually have solid lifters for the valves. Every now and then, some of the scooter owners got one that was a real lemon, and all the maintenance in the world couldn’t make them right. But generally speaking, if you replace some of the crap parts that they come with, and maintain them well, they can be a really good bargain.

      But if you could afford it, you would still be better off with an older Japanese bike.

      Delete
  6. Even though the Go Juice here in California just topped $4.05 I don't be seeing any problems.
    Every morning on the news I see another Super Charged Dodge Challenger or V8 454 Ford Mustang wrapped around a tree with a body(s) inside, one wrapped around another family filled Honda mini-van or another dead old man who was just out walking for exercise and trying to cross the street and run over by the super cool street racing car.
    If they can afford to fill the tanks at 8 MPG's on welfare payments and no one is calling for a ban on them like the evil black guns then I don't see a gasoline problem anywhere on the horizon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm amazed frankly. Everyone was wailing and gnashing teeth ten years ago over gas. Now? Almost like it stopped being an issue. Not sure what to make of it.

      Delete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm. Are you sure you NEED to give up the van? That is good gas mileage. If you are already a mechanic, that isn't an issue ( of course, if the tranny is automatic, there is a huge potential cost ). Will you save enough on a bike for the pay-back period? If gas use is half as is insurance, on a work month you are spending 2.5 gal of gas a day van, 1 gal bike. The monthly savings on insurance is $20. Five days a week is an extra 28 gallons of gas a month. At $4 a gallon you are saving about $125 a month with the bike. Two year pay back, but that is working full time. If you work half the year it is a four year payback. Or, if gas goes to $8, back to a two year. I guess it boils down to how much longer will you work, how easy lack of cargo is, etc. Plus, am I remembering correctly that you sleep in the van during your work week? If you have to commute every day, just because you got the bike, I think the pay back period gets a lot farther out.

      Delete
  8. Ignorant bliss with a dash of narcissism.
    It's all around me everyday, people are either walking around with a glazed look in their eyes are they push you out of the way on there way to their 'important rendouview.
    Sad.


    2:48

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Ignorant bliss with a dash of narcissism." One of the best descriptions I've heard.

      Delete
  9. “Nobody who JUST wants to prep for a three week blackout ( remember when they used to be three DAYS? ) or an earthquake need read my unstable blatherings here.”


    We were probably better off under the 50’s and 60’s cold war era frenzy. At least most Americans saw that as a real threat, and tried to prepare on some level, and were even encouraged to build a family bomb shelter. Of course we were no where near financial collapse at that point, but had we collapsed at that time, there were far less people, and many more were better prepared then, than now.

    A good lesson as to why you always want to keep mum about your prepper status, can be learned in the classic twilight zone episode below. As for dealing with the foreign dude, well, for the purposes of this suggestion, let’s suppose that he’s a hispanic fellow. You could toss a 6 pack of tacos, and a box of Beto 2020 t-shirts, away from the shelter entrance to distract him, then slam the door shut :D

    The twilight zone: The shelter

    https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6gmgnb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Damn, for a six pack of tacos, I myself would probably be lured away. Not those nasty Taco Bell taco's, either. They used to be a wet dream on a stick, but they changed all their formulas around 2010 or so. I'm guessing a lot more cellulose filler instead of meat. I used to love the Jack In The Crack taco's, but they changed those also. Restaurant tacos are like $4 each, so they are a rip-off. The only place I can find decent french fries anymore are Wendy's ( I can't even get into In N Out Burger anymore, with the perpetual lines, so they are out ) and I haven't had a taco for years. Sweet Baby Jesus, I miss taco's ( my home-made suck, just like my french fries. I can't use cherizo or oil for deep frying ).

      Delete
    2. So, Elko needs an awesome taco cart with a beer/wine permit?

      I'll send some from pdx. Awesome taco burr-eat-o cart on every block. $5 (or, 2 silver pre-65 quarters 'cause Messicans know about Plata)for a 2.2 pound beef bean monster.

      Delete
    3. Our one good Mexican place ( there are plenty, but few any good ) has the large plate filled burrito, plenty of meat with the beans, but I started out going there when it was $5 after tax. After it got up to $7+ I stopped going. I ate like a horse and it was two meals for me-now more like three. But still, I can make my own so much cheaper so I just don't see the need. But good hard corn shell tacos? Hen's teeth.

      Delete
  10. Yup. Too big, too much, too long.

    It will be interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Too big, too much, too long"
      Isn't that what she said?

      Delete
  11. re:
    truck tacos

    Salinas, California. The junction of coast Highway One and the main drag into town.

    Look for the long line of farm workers. My favorite is their tostada with garlic tongue ['!lingua con ajo, pro favor!'].

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You still go to Cali? You're more fearless than I.

      Delete

COMMENTS HAVE BEEN CLOSED