Thursday, March 22, 2018

nonstranger danger


NONSTRANGER DANGER

I’m going to sum up all the necessary survivalist advice in one paragraph and then you never have to bother with me again ( if you keep reading, its just details ).  One, food first.  Nothing is simpler than that.  Everything else is just about eating.  No one has an excuse to not store food.  Two liter bottles are free and everywhere, trash looking for a home.  Number two, everyone wants your food and everything else not food related is about safeguarding your food.  That includes “stay away from crowds”, living off grid, the arguments over the best arsenal, etc.  Number three, nothing is worth spit if it isn’t a food accessory.  There are your three rules of survival.  The only reason I cover anything more is, simply, because the devil is in the details ( plus, this is like my job, and stuff ).

*

Today I’ll cover non-stranger danger.  The danger of family, to include the wife.  Look, this isn’t all that complicated.  In societies that have almost no access to money, family matters.  It is the security blanket everyone needs which supplements tribal organization.  But in a money society, family doesn’t matter a thimbleful of warm spit.  It isn’t worth the dingle ball hanging from the pimple on your ass.  Only money matters because money is everyone’s security blanket.  Anything you think or hear to the contrary is wishful thinking, denial and propaganda.  I’m NOT trying to diminish anyone’s feelings or contributions here.

*

I’m stating that when the times get hard, where the rubber meets the road, in complex civilizations money trumps personal connections.  Not what people say but what they do.  Allow me to demonstrate, yes?  Off the top of your head, name two demographics that still retain strong family values.  Anyone?  Bueller?  I’d say Blacks and Hillbillies.  Now, obviously that isn’t so simple as that.  Black families are tight knit, but only in a matriarchal sense, not as a nuclear family. 

*

What the two have in common are extreme poverty that has no outlet.  Poor urban Whites can ( or could ) work their way up and out, but the backwoods South and the Black communities are dead ends culturally for the most part.  Don’t point out Oprah or a redneck author living in New York City.  I’m talking about the economically oppressed generally.  The groups the ruling Yankee Scum exploit by default.  Just because they pimp out the exception doesn’t disprove the rule.  What I’m getting at here is that everywhere else, family has been supplanted by money.

*

But, ohh, Mr. Carter, Mister Carter, what about the Leave It To Beaver happy little families way back when the economy was wonderful?  Yes, exactly.  Functioning economies allowed for functional families as there were the needed energy surplus to do so.  I can’t understand how so many of us still think the economy is going to crash in the future.  It ALREADY did, way in the past.  I know you think the world revolves around YOU ( it doesn’t, dumb ass, it revolves around ME ), but just because you still have a job doesn’t mean little brown people aren’t starving overseas or that we aren’t yet in collapse. 

*

Dysfunctional families became the norm the same time our economy went to crap as our per capita energy availability started declining ( don’t look at the barrel of oils pumped, look at the net energy they delivered, now sprinkle on population growth ).  It was about money back before then-there is enough for everyone to have a surplus-and it has been about money ever since, and as we became as crowded as some bubonic plague infested Indian city, family and clan and tribe has lost all importance and money has gained in that. 

*

I know you are resisting me right now.  Luke, come to the Dark Side!  You either were raised in a family of the persecuted class, the 9% straw boss class, were extremely lucky or sheltered, or are just being stubborn and don’t like reality ( ooohhh!  That’s a good trait for a prepper! ).  If you’ve ever been through a divorce or a fight over inheritance, you’ve seen monetary prioritization.  I’m not saying there wasn’t love or obligation, I’m saying they might have survived in spite of money, not because they were paramount themselves.

*

Latch key kids?  Cha-ching!  Parents left to their fate in a retirement state?  Show me da money!  Kids used as bargaining chips or trophies in a divorce?  Payday!  Family disowned over money matters?  Loyal employee of nineteen years discarded for a 10% salary savings?  College tuition used as leverage?  It used to be you disowned family over clan/tribe/loyalty issues.  Marrying another religion or race, teenage pregnancy, etc.  Now, squabbles over money.  For the simple reason the pie is shrinking.

*

It isn’t greed or idiocy as much as it is security and desperation.  But by now, it is also institutionally engrained.  An infrastructure has been built for family disloyalty.  Any family you have which has not demonstrated loyalty and suffering over money is your potential enemy.  You cannot slather lipstick on that pig.  Obviously, money isn’t worth spit after the apocalypse, but if they were money hungry and disloyal prior, they are parasites and dangerous afterwards.  Because there never was loyalty, only a recon for wealth.  They might not actually in fact murder you in your sleep, but they might as well with their otherwise life threatening actions or inactions.

*

And they will be the first ones to cry “family” in defense.  As I’ve said before, they offer no fealty but demand yours.  They are users and haters.  The wife might not stab you in your sleep, but she can open the door for her lover to do so.  Your daughter might let or encourage her husband to depose you as the leader of the retreat, and then as none have any balls they will do you the “favor” of letting you leave alive, with nothing.  And yes, I know most of you are doubting me.  After all, this isn’t supposed to be how family acts. 

*

Just do yourself a favor.  Be wary, and make a back-up plan only you know about, if you have the slightest doubt.  A $150 shotgun and a hundred bucks in food ( 300 pounds of wheat and a grinder ) is a pretty cheap insurance policy to safeguard yourself as you test family loyalty after the collapse.  If you don’t need it for that, there are other uses for that stash.

END ( today's related link http://amzn.to/2HHx0aJ )
 
Please support Bison by buying through the Amazon ad graphics at the top of the page. ***You can make donations or book purchases through PayPal ( www.paypal.me/jimd303 )
*** Unless you are in extreme poverty, spend a buck a month here, by the above donation methods or buy a book. If you don't do Kindle, send me a buck and I'll e-mail it to you in a PDF file.  If you donated, you may request books no charge.   My e-mail is: jimd303@reagan.com  My address is: James M Dakin, 181 W Bullion Rd #12, Elko NV 89801-4184
*** Pay your author-no one works for free.  I’m nice enough to publish for barely above Mere Book Money, so do your part.***my Bonus Material blog*** junk land under a grand *  Lord Bison* my bio & biblio*   my web site is www.bisonprepper.com *** Wal-Mart wheat***Amazon Author Page
* By the by, all my writing is copyrighted. For the obtuse out there
 

23 comments:

  1. I don't disagree Jim, but my paranoia is about shelter. After being homeless and trying not to freeze to death or die of exposure, shelter and staying dry is become my top priority. I now have a house, a motorhome and a 3/4 ton Van. Lots of tarps and sleeping bags and space blankets etc. Sure I have guns and enough ammo to go out in a blaze of glory but food is secondary for me at least. I stock my pantry so I don't have to go to the store often. Mostly because I hate to grocery shop. I figure if I'm not cold and wet, I can figure a way to eat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We each must feed our own Paranoia Monster. How could it be any other way? Now I know why you love the 120 degree summers. Peace, brother!

      Delete
    2. I agree, shelter is always the number one immediate item to consider. Then water...then food.
      Of course for long term prepping, then it is a given that you have shelter. Otherwise , just where are ya gonna store all that food ?
      Caches you say ? Prudence dictates one have several of those of course. Bottem line, you'd best have shelter or you aren't gonna live to eat all that wheat.

      Delete
    3. A point, but long term it will all come down to food as the reoccurring daily problem.

      Delete
    4. Food is the recurring issue, Water falls from the sky (maybe not enough, maybe it needs to be gathered and cleaned but it falls from the sky almost everywhere). Shelter is a (usually) one time thing. I think shelter comes first after a short term stock pile (say a years worth) of food. If you become unemployed you can get food stamps, dumpster dive, garden, hunt (poach) fish, grow your garden and raise your livestock. But if you don't have paid for shelter you WILL lose everything you don't have on your back. I was only homeless briefly in my youth but I lost a lot that I wish I still had or had the option to dispose of as I wanted to. Now I own land free and clear - less than $500/yr in taxes for all 80 acres, no one can sue me for it as it is properly sheltered in an LLC - building on the land is taking all my spare change and time, but once the house is built I will be saving nearly 30% of my income from rent, and will never have to leave if I don't want to. AND I will have the 30% income to spend on preps like more food, water filters, medical equipment, ammo, and a FLIR scope (actually I will only have 20% to spend as the spouse and kid get 10% to bribe them into living in the boonies with me).
      Enough food to build on land, then land, then enough food to survive on the land as long as you need, and water filters, ammo, bandages to round it out as you go.

      Delete
    5. "Enough food to build on land, then land, then enough food to survive on the land as long as you need, and water filters, ammo, bandages to round it out as you go."
      And then another FLIR scope and more FLIR scopes. Because one is none.

      Delete
  2. You have a great way of finding the nuggets of truth that are scattered about. That plus the fact that you give me something to read every damn day are why I support you. Please keep up the good work!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry, I won't shut up until I'm dead. Thanks for the kind word-nice to know I have a talent beyond my most awesome hair.

      Delete
  3. I’m not sure if blacks are the best example with regards to strong familial ties. There’s a reason for that old joke:

    Q: What’s the definition of mass confusion?
    A: Father’s day in the hood :D

    I would have chosen the hispanics for this example rather than the blacks. They’re generally safe for at least one generation upon entering Amerika, until their daughters are infected with feminism.

    I wouldn’t even doubt that feminism has infected the hillbillies, as it seems to have viral like qualities. I also wouldn’t be surprised if a good percentage of the hillbilly gals head off to the big city at some point to attend college (on grants and scholarships, as they too are considered victims of the evil patriarchy, and qualify) leaving Leroy and Elmer to “tend to the sheep” as it were :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As far as Blacks having no known father, having nothing to do with morality or cultural values and everything to do with federal welfare policy, that is why I refered to their family values as matriarchal. Still a funny joke, though :) As the sheep said to Leroy, "you've been a baaaaahhhd boy"

      Delete
  4. Great linkage Jim. Reference previous article of spending excess cash, on necessary gear etc. The money (cash) will be useless post collapse, the supplies will be needed even more so. The enemy you have allowed to remain or come inside your gates is the mortal threat to yourself and your material wealth. I have been a professional observer (by occupational field and by awareness skill set) of humanity and american society, you are spot on target with the dynamics and intentions of all types/categories of people. Minions should heed Lord Bison's advice and observations. The next contest for humanity has no rules and is deadly sport.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The next contest for humanity has no rules and is deadly sport
      *
      You know, like Thunderdome!

      Delete
    2. At anon 8:59 - please do an article

      Delete
  5. I have to agree with RP, I also worry about shelter first. Once being homeless myself. The only people I trust are my parents. Brother has passed and sister has three snowflakes which are not to be trusted. I know its a bad idea to not have a tribe but I'll be a lone wolf before I will let the knife stick in my back

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As you know from current writing, I'm now treating tribalism as I do Libertarianism. A wonderful theory that was perfect, until it meets reality. I say we embrace our solitude. The only problem I have with shelter over food is shelter is a lot easier and a One Off. Eating is everyday.

      Delete
    2. Libertarianism was always a fantasy. Sure, I bought into it for a while but in my defence there was a pretty girl once that I thought I had a chance with ;-)

      However Tribalism is very real and has a long history. It's just that Europeans (whites) aren't really good at it in this day and age. Especially with the incredibly destructive policy of multiculturalism that pervades the west

      Delete
    3. Agreed. Tribalism is superior and proven for 200k years ( unless you believe biblical "scholars" and then its only a few thousand years old and God created man already born into the Agriculture Age ). But, at this time, it won't work for those in western civilization. Not without blood and tears first. So you use the nearly free industrial age/oil age products to fill in for tribalism for now and avoid some of the issues.

      Delete
    4. I came across an interesting blog that explores issues of tribes, inbreeding and IQ : https://hbdchick.wordpress.com/

      In short a tribe is formed by intertwined family bonds that quickly devolve into inbreeding.

      My theory is that this also happen in the top layer of complex societies. Apart from inbred kings, we also have examples of city administrations full of tribes, like in Galway : https://hbdchick.wordpress.com/2011/09/06/cities-of-tribes/

      My bet is that the readership of Bison Prepper is mainly made of brilliant loners that don't fit well in large tribes. Perhaps, here and there in time, have such loners be able to influence tribes (or keep them alive in spite of their stupidity).

      Delete
    5. "In short a tribe is formed by intertwined family bonds that quickly devolve into inbreeding."
      Ha! Love that. The Bison readership I imagine thusly. Old crotchety bastards, looking over their shoulders in anger and consternation, expecting Obammy era jack booted thugs to Aussie style repel down ropes from helicopters to attack their split level duplex ranch style McMansion, all the while furiously pounding on their keyboards and cackling loudly that they will purchase through my Amazon links when they are damn well ready and not a moment before! All the while doubting my luscious hair despite all the evidence.
      *
      Thanks for the link-looks right up my alley.

      Delete
    6. Doubting your luscious hair is not the issue, it's having to accept the fact that we'll never ever attain that level of awesomeness. Sigh... ;-)

      You spent a lot of time with the homeless when you were still at FISH. Do you see evidence of tribe in the homeless population? If so, would you please comment on what you observed and any lessons learned? Thanks!

      Delete
    7. There might be some tribal aspects, but first and foremost they are druggies and alkies, so that take precedence and slews the whole dynamic. Sorry about the hair, I can't help being one of the Beautiful People :)

      Delete
  6. Good one Jim.

    YKW
    MM

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS HAVE BEEN CLOSED