Friday, June 25, 2021

June 2021

 

June 2021

Ammo Shortages And Strategy

If you have been going along with the End Of Corona celebrations, you are certainly not alone. I’m actually thankful that the communists are allowing me to live a little longer, by not having to wear a mask that restricts my breathing and makes my main intake lung waste excretions. I will say, even though the dingus lickers in Las Vegas have technically turned us into a Blue State, the rest outside that metro area is pretty solidly Red, and the Democrat governor could have been a LOT worse. He could have been as bad as the last RINO governor ( may his putrid soul rot in the lower depths of Hell for all eternity ).

*

I just want to be the first to tell you, congratulations, have a beer for me, and now wake the hump up, Nancy Boy. Things just got WORSE, not better, at the end of the PlanDemic. The Corona was a cover for the September 2019 Banker Liquidity Crisis, brought about by the peak of Fracking Oil, nothing more and nothing less ( yes, I submit to you we could have bio-attacked China, or they us, but the simplest explanation that Follows The Money is Banker Scum ). The Corona was a kick the can down the road, freezing resource use, from resources we didn’t have.

*

It didn’t work. Compliance was crap, and everybody still wanted to engage in Forever Happy Motoring ( wonder why US Ally Taiwan, with 70% of the globes computer chips, is having problems supplying chips, 18 months later? Could it be, another way to drastically shrink the fleet of vehicles that needs fracking fuel we don’t have, hmmm? ). Corona was MEANT to crush the economy, in popular perception. But it didn’t work. Now Biden is here, meaning we can blame everything to come on an Alzheimer's Andy. We don’t need Corona anymore.

*

I’ll be the first to admit, I thought Biden’s fake election was to pacify the Mostly Peaceful Protesters. I thought Diversity Girl would already be in office. I had little idea, at first, that Biden HAD to be elected, to cover the collapse. Again, Follow The Mother Humpin Money. This isn’t your fake politics, both parties run by the same elite, when communism is a False Flag ( not to say we haven’t segregated. We have. If YOU haven’t, get the hell out of that Blue Enclave, ya dumb ass. No one thinks this real estate bubble will last ). This is about money, the ONLY thing our Betters care about.

*

You might have already had your upper elite flee to New Zealand or Switzerland, but all the lower rungs have a vested interest in keeping the attention solidly away from themselves as we have no choice but to collapse ( if any of you alternate energy pukes think we can have a functioning economy-which includes shipping crap around-on four to ten million LESS barrels of oil a day, you are delusional ). We must have the Divide And Conquer paradigm ( in existence for near sixty years ) ratcheted up to eleven. In the long run, Defund The Po-Leece is about saving local government, but in the short run it is about turning us against each other. As is Black Innocent/White Guilty persecutions.

*

Since the collapse is baked into the cake, and you’ve already been served your portion at the Kiddy Table, you can forget about The Economic Collapse. That is done. The only thing you can do about it, the only thing you SHOULD be doing about it, is buying food. Forget Prepper Food. Buy all the grocery store food that you can, immediately. Shelf stable foods for the bulk of your calories. Calories that will give you the energy to keep gardening, hunting, trapping and scrounging. White flour or white rice will kill you if that is all you eat, but it will also give you the immediately needed energy to pick wild plants for vitamins and enzymes, and build a chicken coop out of your garage for some protein.

*

If I hear one of you say, I don’t have the room for storage food, I will crap blood into my whitey tighties. OF COURSE you have the room! I have a years calories from flour and sugar on just five book shelves in my home office ( yes, I only partially part the blinds, so no one sees it. I still get enough sunshine in, to retain sanity and eyesight ). And that is JUST supplemental food for breakfast and lunch. I’m poor as hump, and I did that the last year pinching my grocery budget money. Store whatever strikes your fancy, from oatmeal to rice. I’m smarter than you, and store the tastiest AND cheapest, but to each their own.

*

What you lack is not storage space, but the will to sacrifice a room in your House And Garden showcase to turn over to food storage. Stop Half Assing it. Did you not get the memo that the economy collapsed? And make sure your cat has a run of the room, for rodent control. Mice are nasty creatures, but they are also more tenacious than a three hundred pound gal at the end of the line into the bakery, with a free coupon. Cat food is cheap, legions of asswhores are abandoning pets because they cannot even take care of themselves, and cats were domesticated for one reason.

*

It wasn’t because they had good attitudes. It was because they are great at hunting and killing small game ( do NOT starve your cat. A well fed cat will hunt and kill for the sheer joy, and if they are well fed they have the energy to hunt BETTER ). Ask anyone in Europe if killing cats so they cannot kill flea carriers is a good idea. Oh, wait, they are all dead from bubonic plague ( actually, cats avoid rats, because then the cats get their asses kicked. Those little terrier dogs love to kill rats, and are rat killing machines. Put it this way. A trained rat dog will kill rats with more enthusiasm than licking their balls ).

*

Food is NOT expensive. Yet. It will be. If you aren’t a dumbass, and only store what you eat and eat what you store ( which ain’t MRE’s. Just saying ), and you buy the ever living crap out of food NOW, you also have a nice little hedge against inflation in food prices. Right now, all the fools who think the dollar or dollar denominated crypto’s will retain any value are buying financial assets such as tech stocks that rely on those computer chips we don’t have. Once a few smarter of those actually want to revert to physical assets, and that WILL happen as sure as the sun rises from the east every morning, all that fed inflation, the HUNDREDS of trillions, will move into things like food.

*

Especially as food is sold to China, as crop failures become normal and as we see a further break down in supply chains ( the cyber attacks are from us, not Russia, and they are being used to mask the supply chain break down. Food can’t get to your grocer is just a Continental Pipeline event away ), AND as the race war goes kinetic. One of these days, the Postal factory will become the Postal neighborhood or ghetto. I can HOPE not, but I can guarantee you that It Is All About The Food.

*

Now, in case you kind of missed it, in case you just used the Short Bus as your public transportation mode, I think food is about ten to twenty times as important as guns and ammo, and in case you missed how much I value guns and ammo, did I mention that the collapse is already here? In a collapse of civilization ( THAT is what we are ultimately looking at, NOT just an economic collapse ), you see a ninety percent die-off, as a starting point. It happened to Rome ( they had no where to go, as the continent had soil degradation issues, so where else COULD they go but six feet under? OF COURSE I want guns and guns accessories. Duh ).

*

I’m not some organic feed pellet soy eater who hugs trees and wants to just get along with everybody. I know that with lots of food, and lots of guns, I’m STILL probably going to die. I just want the chance to attempt to avoid what is a high probability event. And I have dedicated a lot more time and energy and discipline to prepping than most people. As a percentage of income, I’ve probably outspent most people. A particularly vicious ex-wife taught me very early how to live on almost nothing, and I’ve kept living on almost nothing so all my money could go to preps.

*

I also probably have more ammunition than most of you, and fewer guns. Because guns are going to be everywhere, and ammunition will NOT. Ammunition is always the weak link to using firearms, and while smokeless powder made every swinging civilian dingus a very capable militiaman, it also made us very dependent on centralized civilization to provide us with that ammunition. THAT is the ultimate gun control, and if you didn’t learn that lesson in the last year plus, I hold zero hope for your survival. I MIGHT not be part of that possible ten percent of survivors, but you DEFINITELY will not be.

*

You can, given enough surplus nitrates you can spare from fertilizer, perhaps make your own black powder. Smokeless, not so much. Smokeless primers? No way. Notice what is THE most in shortages in the ammunition components? Primers. You can downsize your battle rifle to shoot carbine rounds, stretching out your powder and brass, but you need those primers and there isn’t any short cut there. I would say I hate to tell you this, but actually, I’m LOVING it. Here goes. Ready? You Cannot Own Semi Automatic Weapons During An Ammo Shortage.

*

Stop! I want you to understand a very simple thing. A female cannot act like a male, physically. Are we agreed? A typical slightly built average male off the street can usually outperform a female after she went through training and a specialized diet. A diet unsustainable in an era of failing crop outputs and increased population. A young female recruit has the bones and ligaments of a fifty year old man. Bitches be different.

*

Now, after that, can you sit there and tell me that you can change your physical chemistry through willpower? If a female cannot will greater performance from a substandard body, can a male do the same thing? I’m NOT talking about forcing the last reserves of energy after your mind is fatigued. I am saying, can you mentally change what is physically impossible? Of course you cannot. And guess what. Your brain physically produces chemicals under stress. Adrenaline being one. And when that happens, your performance is altered.

*

If you have a semi-automatic weapon, 99 times out of a hundred, you will jerk the crap out of your trigger, to produce the maximum amount of lead downrange to neutralize the threat to your life. Your body WILL protect itself, and it gives Crap One about your logistics trail. Or, lack thereof. You have brain secretions, that you have no control over ( how much control over your sex drive did you have? ), doing this. I’m am NOT saying training, long extensive and expensive training, or experience will not cure this. It will. I am saying that almost none of you have that extensive training. I know I sure as hell didn’t, and I was in a combat arm. As a result, I dismiss the use of semi-automatic weapons for survivalism. I own none.

*

I owned none twenty-five years prior to Corona and the current ammunition shortage. Don’t take that the wrong way. I LOVE semi-automatic weapons. I love fully automatic weapons. I want both. But I cannot have either. Because food is so much more important than guns, as important as guns are, and since it is all about the food, I have to prioritize. I cannot be a Spray And Pray’er. I cannot yell, Cover Me, as I assault a building in lustful Ninja glee, or Berserker rage. I was reduced to relying on guerrilla warfare and living in less populated areas. And now that I’m old, thank goodness for my previous poverty.

*

Because guerrilla warfare is not only safer, and more effective, and uses a heck of a lot less ammunition, you have no other choice once you age. Because, super deluxe moron, you cannot change your body by desire, what your body cannot do. You WILL lose muscle mass and endurance for the simple reason that you lose testosterone, while you age. And if you take any of that snake oil crap to Boost Production, I’d wager a jelly filled donut that you will destroy your organs in the process ( what part of Snake Oil Medicine didn’t you understand? ).

*

If you did not pallet buy ammunition before the current shortage, I don’t think you possess the ability to fight an Industrial Age war, wasting ammunition as a matter of course. Let me explain that Assault Weapon concept to you, again. The Nazi’s, like most other resource poor counties, had riflemen trained as marksmen, to act as infantrymen. They didn’t waste ammunition as much as aim it ( the Brits loved their volume fire, but still valued marksmanship. The Americans trained in Basic as marksmen, and then retrained in combat theaters to waste the ever loving crap out of ammunition, blasting the landscape away as a defensive measure. But they had the resources to continually supply that ammo, where few others did ).

*

The Germans did NOT go to an assault carbine to waste ammunition. They COULDN’T. Not that late in the war. What they were forced into doing was replacing all the finally expended Mauser stockpiles after two world wars. They were running out of rifles, both for regular troops and the Das Homeland troops soon to be. The Germans were already transitioned to cheaper produced small arms, and the Assault weapons were the end result. They could be produced so much cheaper and faster and with less resources than the older tech rifles.

*

The increased magazines did not translate into increased ammunition expenditure. The carbine round was half the battle rifle round, again, to reduce resource use. Troops were still expected to be marksmen, and if they used up too much ammunition the now decreased logistics train ( because now they had TWICE the ammunition ) would soon modify that behavior. It wasn’t about MORE firing, it was about needing to resupply less, AND cheaper to replace arms. Only Americans had the embarrassing glut of resources to waste ammunition.

*

You perhaps recall why the Japanese lost in 1942, despite fighting on? They lost those vital aircraft carriers they simply could not replace. THAT is what resource scarcity looks like in the real, non-American world. Now, knowing every excuse in the book you will throw at me, because you HAVE used them all to no avail, I imagine you are going to say something like, gee, I understand the Legions Of Saint George Floyd are now on the warpath and I know I must Ammo Up and I’m selling extra guns and I want to own a minimum of 15k rounds of ammo per type of semi-auto carbine and I’m selling my RV ( due to high demand ) to get even more money and where do I sign up?

*

And I say, go find some. Even if you have both moved out of the worst Blue zones ( I know, it might be impossible to move out of ALL of them ) and stocked the crap out of food, because location, location, location and FOOD as Priority One, you still might not be able to find what you want or need. And realistically, 99% of all wives out there, even Survivalist Wives, are not going to allow you to wantonly piss away money on ammo and mags anyway. The odds are most of you, even with supply AND budget, STILL cannot practice enough and also stock enough for the apocalypse. Which follows Mostly Peaceful Protests, the boogaloo, AND Bosnia/Rwanda. That is a LOT of ammo you’ll need.

*

Again, the Great Depression was caused by the bankers, but it would have been been almost as bad otherwise, because you had a Petroleum AND Industrializing Glut. You had overproduction and falling wages due to Farm-To-Factory. The only way to stop the Great Depression was to set fire to everything in overproduction, which we did through Lend Lease and a massive global size war which was literally fought by shoving material at the enemy ( lots kinetic, lots of the delivery vehicles for those ). We WANTED the sea beds littered with hundreds of cargo ships and war ships. We WANTED every infantryman to fire dozens of rounds where one used to suffice ( the War Of Northern Aggression was in some ways fought similarly, but of course within the limitations of the day as a Coal Powered military ).

*

Vietnam was about one thing, and that was a duplication of WWII, to revive a failing economy. We dropped more bombs in JUST neutral countries in southeast Asia than we did in all of WWII. Because we couldn’t sink enough ships to save the Military Industrial Economy ( remember, we were also starting the Welfare state AND maxing out nuclear war infrastructure at the same time, so we were going Full Retard on Industrial Goods To Be Destroyed ), we filled the air in the South with helicopters and the North with bombers. By this time, assault carbines were made for the explicit purpose of wasting ammunition.

*

Our military has been there since 1861 to waste factory goods, to enrich all those profiting off the Industrial/Oil Ages. But that lasted only 110 years. By the end of Vietnam, we had used up and destroyed our Industrial Military. Destroyed not as in “goody, we get to replace those units at Cost Plus”, but as in an institution that was no longer able to be financed and maintained. Fully automated weapons were always predicated on their replacement ability. And semi-automatic has always just been about a smaller version of automatic weapons.

*

At least with full auto you have the weapon weight or the stability of a vehicle mount to really aim the rounds. With semi, you pretty much waste them all, unless you are highly trained at doing otherwise. Anyone can go down to Home Despot and buy lumber and half ass build something. But it takes a carpenter to build it well and correct. Buying a semi-auto is just you going to the lumber store. It does NOT confer any talent upon you. For that you need an ammo budget almost none of you have. What I am saying is that you must fight with what you have, not with what you want to be. I’d love to be a carpenter, but have no inclination to practice and invest in that skill set. So my crap is out of plumb and has the crooked ends of nails mashed into the soft crap pine.

*

I would love to have semi-auto weapons, but without training I’d waste 90% of the rounds. Which I cannot afford to stockpile anyway. And I know my marksmanship training would follow the 80/20 rule. I’d spend 80% more and only gain 20% more proficiency. But that is just me understanding my limitations. Look, just go and play a game of paintball. You’ll find out in one afternoon and probably under $100 how quick you’ll blow through ammunition under close enough ( logistically ) to combat conditions, if you don’t want to believe me.

*

After my personal experience in the above, I even tried to find out if anyone even played with the older style guns that had to be manually loaded each round, and found nothing. Of course, that was twenty five years ago, and Wal-Mart didn’t carry them back then. I have no idea if you could compare the two types in practice. I think, if you could, you’ll find my theory to be sound that manual reloading forces you to slow down and aim, and semi auto encourages you to fire even faster. I submit to you that under stress, a bolt action ( I’ll just use that, knowing other have pumps or levels, as shorthand ) FORCES you to aim.

*

Your Lizard Brain, the primitive selfish part of your brain ONLY concerned with your personal welfare ( as opposed to your Monkey Mind, that socializing part that pretty much runs the show, because Tribal. The part that makes you show off in front of the other monkey’s for Group Status Points, like claiming a semi-auto makes you a studly warrior king ) is in charge of keeping you in the gene pool. With a semi auto, Lizard Brain is screaming to shoot faster, ever faster, to save his hide. You spasmodically jerk the trigger, because you were mostly trained by Hollywood and you know enough bullets equals hits. With a bolt action, your Lizard Brain is screaming at you to Make This Shot Count, because you only have one shot, because Hollywood trains you that if you must stop jerking the trigger to reload, the More Bullets guy will kill you.

*

In the universe of Gun Fu, all the cool kids win by calmly, ever so calmly, shooting a million rounds down range, all oh so carefully placed. And if you can be that well trained guy, well, you go, boyo. More power to you. Back in the real world, none of us are that well trained or experienced. And if you are, you are STILL an idiot. Because you will be placing yourself in harms way to fight like that. You are fighting like a soldier. You are fighting in a shield wall or a musketry line. And while that sounds cool in fiction, it is placing your body in harms way, you are hoping Lady Lucks finds you so irresistible and well hung ( sorry, guys, you need girth more than length. I’ve had plenty of “ouch, you’re bottoming out”, which is not the same as “ouch, stop trying to stuff that in” ) she will favor you.

*

All the cool American kids wanted to play Indian in the woods, from personal experience understanding what a superior mode of fighting that was. Meanwhile, George Washington, wooden teeth prick who started out sucking up to the Brits, wanted his men to fight just like the Bestest Super power Of The Day, lining up and firing at each other in rank and file. Because by wasting Continental lives, he was proving he was just as good as any European power. If you’ve ever been in the military, all your officers had this sneering class distinction attitude. The Dirt People are only good enough to be cannon fodder.

*

Don’t fight like they want you to fight. Not only is it the wrong way to fight, it isn’t very successful. In the end, the government always wins, on a pile of bodies. Fight like an Indian, like a guerrilla. Ancient warfare, tribal warfare, was guerrilla warfare- the ambush and fighting dirty, with no personal daring do deeds to prove heroism, the preferred tactic. Yeah, it takes balls just to get close to the enemy. You don’t have to prove yourself beyond that. Fight to win, not to be a heroic soldier. It is after all your life.

*

And, I submit to you, the best way to fight to win is to fight with modern weapons. Compared to crossbows, swords or black powder muskets, even a rimfire is preferable to fighting close and/or in the open. The longer you can stay stocked in modern smokeless weapons, AND using guerrilla warfare, the better your odds are of surviving ( or, your descendants. Don’t use up all the ammo yourself, you selfish prick ). And the best way to conserve your ammunition is with bolt action rifles.

*

Now, I don’t expect you to run out and buy a bolt action. Number one, good luck finding it. Or its ammunition. Number two, most likely you already have a semi-auto. And number three, did I mention the ammo? But you CAN have a bolt action AK-47 or AR-15. I grant you, they kind of suck as bolt actions. That isn’t how they were designed. But they will do, and do nicely, most likely. If the alternative is that you don’t have enough ammunition to use them as they WERE designed.

*

If you have an AK, just search for “disable the AK gas system”, or perhaps “SKS” instead. I was instructed on this possibility using an SKS, but imagine you are right in the ball park with an AK. But this was also long ago and I never wrote down the instructions, no longer having the SKS and always being a very poor researcher or record keeper. I understand the Yugo SKS had an option of turning it off, so as to use a grenade launcher, but it has been too long since I researched price or availability. I liked the SKS, being poor enough when the Chink ones were as affordable as the Lee-Enfield, but I don’t believe either are now.

*

I have been armed with the Lee-Enfield for a long time, but they are no longer affordable. Those left are crap quality and collector prices. I think they are THE premier apocalypse rifle, build as a tank, and being a battle rifle ( but also able to be a carbine. Look up “The Load”, which is using Red Dot shotgun powder to fill up the case while using a pistol size cast bullet ). But for the crime and boogaloo, since I had the extra at the time, I invested in the AR-15. I’ll use that until it is time to go post-apocalypse and I have my beloved bayonet and buttstroking options.

*

You can buy a $60 gas adjustment tool to install on your AR. I couldn’t de-pin the damn front sight, so I was unable to use that. BUT! You can far more easily punch out the gas tube. Take the tube, and reverse the S shape of it using a clamp and hand pressure. Now, reinstall using a new pin ( shop for affordable AR parts at Primary Arms dotcom ), and the gas hole is now facing up rather than down over the hole in the barrel. NEVER, ever re-bend and re-use that tube for semi-auto firing. Buy a new tube for $8. Reusing the old one, since it was bent, it most likely blows up on you.

*

Anyway, now you have a bolt action AR. Buy a spare charging handle or two, as you will be using the heck out of it. Still, with a pin, a tube AND a couple of extra charging handles, it is still much cheaper than an adjustable gas port. Yes, you must take the rifle off your shoulder to work the action. So what? I do the same with the Enfield. And the AR has THE best cheek weld under speed I’ve ever encountered, myself. And now I have a modern gun, easily worked on with dirt cheap parts for sale ( NOT the case with the Enfield ), but still a bolt action to save me big bucks on ammo.

*

Now, I STILL know what you are thinking. Gee, the ammo shortage will reverse itself, like always. Because, well, that’s what has always happened, and we’ve been in an economic collapse for fifty years, minimum. Well, no, we’ve been in an economic DECLINE for fifty some odd years. And I know I cannot prove that we are now in an actual collapse, but I have to trust that the majority of you know, in your heart of hearts, that this is as true and as plain as the end of your nose. We can argue that the DotCom Bubble was the beginning of the end, or 2008. I like 2005, the global Peak Oil ( conventional oil. Shut up, fracking fags ).

*

It doesn’t matter. The point is that there are no more recessions and then recoveries. There are only stages of collapse, and the only recoveries are as fictional as the Corona “Pandemic”. In a collapse, crap simply just stops working. Like our supply chains. Go out there and try to find some full strength aspirin or AAA batteries under a buck apiece, and tell me our supply chains are recovering. And if you think I’m full of crap over the stress induced firing frenzy with semi-auto weapons, look into the police shootings incidents reports. Professionals ( that ain’t YOU ) under combat lose control and spray and pray. It happens, to better folks than you. Not to be insulting, but almost every one of you is an armchair warrior, not a real one. I’m just being realistic. Are you?

End Article

*

The above is just a taste of what I publish every month. And I can only post regularly to the blog as long as our public library stays open. Best to subscribe by mail to circumvent censorship and access controls.

Subscribe to my magazine on CD Or SD Card:

BISON
PREPPER
MONTHLY
MAGAZINE


Malthus' Nightscape Is Nigh

Frugal Survivalism As If Prepping Is Time Sensitive


James M Dakin

181 West Bullion Road, Unit 12

Elko, Nevada 89801-4184


$1.17 per issue, as many or as few as desired, domestic mail. All overseas readers, $1.97 per issue. This is my cost ( subject to change ), and all that you are required to pay. However, gratuity, tip, donation is encouraged and appreciated on top of the above price ( please specify which amount is which ). You can send cash, but for safety I encourage checks or money orders instead. Make out to James M Dakin. I'm happy to correspond but would appreciate a Self Addressed Stamped Envelop to help me with costs, as this writing income is my only retirement.


Free Sample, send a SASE and a SD card



No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENTS HAVE BEEN CLOSED