Thursday, November 29, 2018

redoubt religion 2 of 2


REDOUBT RELIGION 2
We shall discuss the Rocky Mountain Redoubt.  Which isn’t really that at all ( but which is popularly known as such ), as the last time I checked eastern Oregon was a bit removed from that mountain chain.  I’m pretty sure this would never have gotten off the ground if the seed kernel in the form of the Tri-State Area from the 80’s pulp fiction Cold War series hadn’t already been planted.  And I’m sure eastern Oregon and eastern Washington was simply added to appease the less than millionaire wannabe members.  And Nevada was excluded on religious grounds.
*
Nevada was never a shining beacon of freedom.  Statehood was granted to enrich a few as a price for Lincoln to add to the treasury.  It was a great cowboy state for a time, until California migrated there en masse.  And the only reason it was more Libertarian was because at one time it was decided by the elite that this was a great way to guarantee tourism ( hookers, but unfortunately not blow ).  And no, Spanky, Vegas has not been a mob town for a very long time.  The mega-corporations didn’t care for that competition.
*
And because Nevada is, in relation to most other states, more morally free, the theocracy hates it.  The Yuppie Scum of northern Idaho are in some ways far more dangerous than simple California migrants with more real estate money than brains.  They are religious zealots with the money to relocate.  They sell the concept of the Redoubt as a location that will be safer during the coming economic collapse, but underlying that they are religious fanatics.  Not that there is anything wrong with that!  As long as it is YOUR religion.  The rest of us?  I don’t believe we would care for it all that much.
*
If you moved to Utah, do you have any idea what you are getting yourself into?  Right now, they cannot keep gentiles or subsidized Muzzies or even Papist Mexicans out of the area.  But if you believe that the general trend is towards decentralization due to resource decline as I do, you know for a fact that the states will gain power as the feds lose it.  Again, this is merely a GENERAL trend.  That won’t move in a straight line.  But it will be more steps forward than back.  Look at California.
*
Cali USED to be the bellwether state that the rest followed, and in some ways it still is ( just not as strong as it used to be setting trends.  Correlated strongly with it turning Turd World, I’m sure ).  I imagine the strongest trends it starts are now related to the Democratic strongholds rather than the nation as a whole.  But one that seems broadly applicable is its nose thumbing at Fed dictates it doesn’t care for.  Such as anything not 100% Politically Correct.  Other states, as we travel down the slope of decentralization, will also be more brazen ignoring federal law.
*
Some states more than others have always tried to skirt around federal law.  Such as when Montana lowered the speed limit so as not to lose federal highway funds, but for all intents and purposes doesn’t enforce the law there.  Unlike rectal licking Nevada, unduly influenced by the California Colony of Las Vegas to always lean Federal to the point we elect either Dem’s or RINO’s.  But playing footsies with federal dictates and ignoring them altogether are two separate things indeed.  Cali is already basically saying Hump You, Uncle Orange, we will do exactly as we please.
*
In the past those would be fighting words and the state would have been made an example of.  It isn’t because the democrats want more communism, either.  The feds are NOT run by dem’s or Re-pubes, but by The Imperial Party.  Granted, the policies California pass are all approved by the Imperial Party.  But by NOT challenging Cali when it blatantly ignores federal law, the feds are either signally it wants to go Full Commie in which case not all states will follow, or it is signaling  it is impotent.  Either way, states will start to want to act more independent.
*
Because here is the thing.  A LOT of areas only kowtow because they are bribed.  You can have a state that is 95% white religious conservatives and because their vote doesn’t matter, the state they are in will vote pro-illegal OtherColor immigration, pro gay marriage and etcetera.  But what happens when the money spigot starts to go dry?  The states that know what is good for them start respecting the residents wishes ( because as all the jobs depart and welfare dries up, violence against the machine is assured ).  And either the ballot or the cartridge box WILL change the laws there.
*
I’m no fan of federal law, but I respect its pacifying effect on bat crap crazy asswhores that would prefer to kill me.  Right now, you can move to a Behind Enemy Lines location and MOSTLY be left alone.  You can no longer attack gays for moving into the Bible Belt.  You cannot fling feces at LibTards agitating to open the borders to Muzzies so they can kill your daughters.  Granted, this is heavily leaning to favor the Left, and has been for fifty years, but NOT because “commies under every bed”.
*
Because the whole time it has been Divide And Conquer.  But it isn’t communism.  Communism would be anti-corporation and anti- global free trade, wouldn’t it ( China is not communist, it is nationalist )?  But the point here is that despite some exceptions such as Black “get out of jail free” cards to play The Knockout Game, to push the divide strategy that unfortunately favors liberals, MOSTLY libtards are also forced to live next door to those they hate such as gun owners.  Sure, everyone moves to their like kind in enclaves ( such as a Blue city surrounded by Red Country ), but IN GENERAL we are forced to play nice.
*
But I think even THAT is also social engineering.  By favoring Left policies, the right is becoming more enflamed and agitated and ready to fight.  I believe that is the exact intent.  The elite WANT a guerrilla war.  Not because “one world government” ( GOD!!!! I DESPISE that intellectually lazy cop-out ).  Because that is the best way to radically decrease resources to the highest number of people.  Either by design or just taking advantage of organic trends, the elite hold a few strategic areas and can ignore everywhere else.
*
Why do you think agriculture is centralized in depopulated areas?  Much easier control.  But let us not get sidetracked there.  Focus on your non-blue state.  When the feds voluntarily depart and withdraw resources ( only involving themselves as much militarily as necessary ), who do you think will fill the power vacuum?  Not rational politicians.  No, the extreme radicals always come to power, as only extremists have the motivation to smite gods enemies.  Utah will go Full Retard LDS.  Idaho will go Old Testament Cult.  The Ozarks will go White Nationalist.  And etcetera.  Food for thought.
( .Y. )
( today's related link here )
*
Please support Bison by buying through the Amazon ad graphics at the top of the page ( or from www.bisonbulk.blogspot.com ). Or PayPal www.paypal.me/jimd303 

*** Unless you are in extreme poverty, spend a buck a month here, by the above donation methods ( I get 4% of the Amazon sale, so you need to buy $25 worth for me to get my $1 ) or mail me some cash/check/money order or buy a book ( web site for free books, Amazon to pay just as a donation vehicle ).
*** My e-mail is: jimd303@reagan.com  My address is: James M Dakin, 181 W Bullion Rd #12, Elko NV 89801-4184 ***E-Mail me if you want your name added to the weekly e-newsletter subscriber list.
*** Pay your author-no one works for free.  I’m nice enough to publish for barely above Mere Book Money, so do your part.*** junk land under a grand *  Lord Bison* my bio & biblio*   my web site is www.bisonprepper.com *** Wal-Mart wheat***Amazon Author Page
* By the by, all my writing is copyrighted. For the obtuse out there

38 comments:

  1. Yes, Jim, spot on again. If a Minion used a little research time to study international history, and not just 'Merican (incorrect schooling) broken record history, better informative examples would be found. Many instances of "break away" republics or cracked up nation states (with thousand year cultures) resulted in a lot of bloodletting. There will be power struggles and fued scores settled. Once that pacifying yoke of federal laws and carrot on a stick funding of medicaid, medicare, social security (pension AND disability), veteran, school, highway, leo, etc is reduced in triage or ends then chaos will commence. It will include even long running high school sportsball teams rivalry with ar15s and no referees on the battlefield.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Remember the football player shooting his way to a touchdown at the beginning of The Last Boy Scout ( it was on for free at Vulu about two months ago )?

      Delete
    2. Town living is corrupting you Jim. Too much movie cultural influences invading into thinking and writing. Don't go soft on us. Vulu? Must be that internet thing. Nothing is a free lunch. Give skynet the keys to the house so they can also take a look around, as well as log your viewing selections for your updated social score.

      Delete
    3. Cool, looking forward to the WOLVERINES! versus the purple unicorns matchup.

      Delete
    4. 9:37-I spent seven years out in the B-POD with no Internet. What I got at work was 90% for blog admin work. Barely any movies, just a couple a year ( seven inch TV ). 90% of my reading reference books. Now that I am on-grid, I'm enjoying the more fictional entertainment. Soon, I'll be back off grid. Ebbs and flows.

      Delete
  2. I read an interesting back & forth in a comments section.

    Basically it started with "you messed up California so don't come here and do the same"

    The retort was "you sent us all your crazy friends & they ruined the place. Take them back and we will be square. DGAF if they have lived here for 60 years"

    Interesting times


    Got rice?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like the Raconteur Report guy, defending Cali residents as if they were not evil. He does the same with the medical industry. But, hey, he has a hell of a wit, gives good info 90% of the time and he does it for free. So I try not to judge.

      Delete
    2. Gentlemen, it is not so much a Kalifornia initiated issue. It is an infection with redness, swelling, and oozing puss kinda everywhere. Don't let the burning while peeing affect you. Considering every state of the "union" has a enclave, or control hub with the 'illness' there is no longer a (another locale) to remain immune. Insulate yourself, cloistered is an apt term, don't leave the wire, charlie is out there. That is all, carry on.

      Delete
    3. Humping Charlie! Little Ornamental bastard has been gunning for me my whole life.

      Delete
    4. No. You have been programmed, it was charlie back in the day, but now it is Haji, but, but, it can change to a "jeremy or joshua" or some such.the new enemy will be posted in the next newspeak edition, again they all are out to get you. You have no friends, your family will rape you, (split your gear up) so..... suck it.. just saying.

      Delete
    5. Jeez. Who invited Debbie Downer?

      Lol

      Yeah it was on recounter that I read that. I think...

      So much reading so little comprehension on my part.

      Delete
    6. Charlie always seemed to me to be a real enemy. The terrorists, not so much. I know we didn't have to go to Nam, other than to save the economy through military spending like in '41, so we lost both ways ( economically and militarily ), but fighting terrorists was a loss before we started, and never had a chance at economic stimulus ( once we stopped being a manufacturing power, military spending is useless other than for the bankers ).

      Delete
    7. Dingo-I was reading reality altering wisdom in my early twenties. And had absolutely zero comprehension of what I just consumed until twenty years later reading it again. So not only did I have to buy the book a second time, I wasted a couple of decades being clueless.

      Delete
  3. Why is it called redoubt?
    Not my first choice for a word to describe a good place to live.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, fortress far from the enemies. Makes the Hooker & Blow workers feel all militant and rugged and Daniel Boone like.

      Delete
    2. Still not getting it, so I had to go look it up. Something I should have done long ago when I first heard the word. From wiki it was originally redout, but no explanation of that word. Why not blue out, or black out? So yeah, it's a small stand alone fortress. I still don't see how Rawles considers the vast area of west Montana, Wash, Idaho, Wyoming a redoubt. As Costanza once said, "It's too late to stop now!"

      Delete
    3. Costanza also brought us Festivus. And it is that season.

      Delete
    4. ghostsniper wondered, " I still don't see how Rawles considers the vast area of west Montana, Wash, Idaho, Wyoming a redoubt."

      My opinion only, I think he considers it that way because after the SHTF anyone trying to come in will have a long and difficult journey and for the most part be seen a long way off before they "arrive".

      Delete
  4. I’m thinking about getting a .357 snub nose Jim. I seem to recall that you had something like this? It would be for EDC in this increasingly dangerous world. I like the Ruger LCR, but there’s no way I’m dropping $600 on a Ruger. I can get the Taurus model below, even here in Commiefornia, for $265, which seems like a great deal to me. Any thoughts on the Taurus? I want one, but I don’t want to pay a lot. But I also don’t want an unreliable piece of junk. If you couldn’t get something decent in that price range, or even a used model, I’d probably pass. Already have a 9mm, but it weighs 27oz, and I’m not real keen on trusting my life to a semi auto, that could possibly lock up on me when I need it the most. Sure, a revolver could do the same in theory, but it’s extremely unlikely.

    https://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/taurus-605-revolver-357-magnum-2-barrel-5-rounds?a=1831589

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I have a Taurus snub hammerless. I'd actually prefer a larger size, but if I recall correctly, twenty years on, the guy selling guns out of his living room would let you do a layaway on whatever he had in stock and I bought a lot of guns from him that way, taking three to five paydays to get it. I also had the companies 45's. I don't think they are junk, but I also wouldn't want my main gun I used a lot from them. I have 1k rounds ( between 38 and 357 ) and I can't imagine any issues in that few rounds ( I have a lee loader for it but no components-it just seemed a low priority ). Me? If I wouldn't have a problem at that price.

      Delete
    2. Thanks Jim. Yeah, I would actually prefer the snub nose because it would be primarily for self defense. Though on the off chance that I ever needed to survival hunt, I’ve read that the .357 snubbies will do just fine out to around 50 yards. I’d really like to go with an even lighter gun, but again, cost is an issue.

      Delete
    3. I can't imagine how you'd be disappointed with a snubbie revolver. And the price is only a smidge above the cheapest 9mm.

      Delete
    4. I have a couple of snubbies. you want a heavy one if firing full load .357's. The 5 shot S & W and Taurus (a s&w knockoff) I have are lighter but I would not fire .38+p in them. The Rugar .357 snubby I have has a heavy tight action that I would feel more comfy with high power loads

      Delete
    5. If someone will accept 9, I don't know why they would be bothered with standard .38. Less recoil for better control, and you are within a few feet, so...

      Delete
    6. Thanks for the input 8:32, much appreciated. Yeah, that’s about where I’m at now Jim. The Taurus .357 (20oz) vs the sweet little Charter Arms below (12oz, but .38 special only). I used to have a Ruger .357 Service Six. I never once fired .357’s in it, only .38’s. Chances are, if I had the Taurus, I’d rarely fire the .357’s, and that 12oz .38, vs that 20oz .357, sure sounds a lot more appealing to be carrying around. I’ve never been a big fan of carrying heavy stuff around on my person, and don’t even like to carry big knives. This would probably be worn constantly while out at the Elko lot, since in all likelihood I’ll be all alone out there. I also have a 9mm, and while compact, it weighs 27oz, and I wouldn’t carry it as a result. Don’t have a lot of confidence in the stopping power of a 9mm either.

      But (There’s always a but isn’t there :D ) that .357 would really put a perpetrator down, even if they were wearing a bullet proof vest. It might not kill them outright, but it would at least knock em on their ass, but good. And a .357 would also suffice for fair sized game (I don’t hunt, so I’m mostly referring to survival hunting).

      Tough decision, of the variety that no matter what one I make, I’ll regret it. I’m leaning towards the 12oz Charter Arms though, because I’m just not a fan of carrying a lot of weight.

      https://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/charter-arms-santa-fe-undercover-lite-revolver-38-special-53860-678958538601?a=1810821

      Delete
    7. If you are disinclined to carry weight, you'll end up NOT carrying it. Better to have what you will, regardless of disadvantages. One in hand rather than two in the bush.

      Delete
    8. another option is to have a .38 and a .357 rifle.

      Delete
    9. Yes, that’s a good option. Though if you don’t mind the weight, a .357 in both provides more versatility. I looked up the difference, and basically a .357 has twice the power of a .38 special. I wouldn’t have thought so, but a lot of dudes in Alaska carry them as a back up gun for Grizzly. A .357, while powerful, seems a little under powered for that particular application. But apparently there are many that have confidence in it for that purpose. Dang, now I’m back to getting the heavier .357 :D

      Delete
    10. If it was me and I needed a bear gun, I'd probably stick with a 357 myself. Anything else and I'd have issues with control and recoil, so I'd view it as too much gun to be effectively used. Of course, if I survived an attack where the bear shrugged off the impacts I might change my mind. Look at it like using an M4 and needing three rounds to take down a Skinny. You can control the 556 better than a 308 ( plus the other advantages of the round ). I'd still prefer the heavier round, but is it practical given all other considerations?Not that there is a correct answer, just that either side can make a case.

      Delete
    11. Yeah, I can totally see your point Jim. To me, a .44 magnum is unnecessarily over powered for most applications. My dad had a .44 mag, and it was a macho thing with him, and he looked down his nose at the .357. But the .357 is as powerful a cartridge as most folks could ever handle, and even then, many cannot. To think that there are cartridges today that are far more powerful than a .44 mag seems ridiculous to me. If you need that much power, then you should be using a rifle.

      Delete
    12. I can see a 44 and the like being Fun Guns. To carry and shoot regularly? No. Too bad we no longer live in a time where it is easy and affordable to own those Fun Guns. Now we have to over-analyze and pick and choose just one that is the least sucky.

      Delete
    13. Maybe occasionally, if you really want to blow the hell out of a target, but overall, not a lot of fun Jim. The .44 magnum has some pretty stiff recoil. In many of the guns it’s not real bad, because they’re huge guns, like that Ruger Redhawk (I had one of those years ago) but they still have heavy recoil. As an example, I only shot .44 specials in my Redhawk. For that matter, I only shot .38 specials in Ruger Service Six .357 (another gun that I wish I hadn’t sold). So I’d say that even the .357 is a bit over powered for anything but defense or hunting.

      Delete
    14. I should note that the 44 isn't MY idea of a Fun Gun, but many folks would want it. I would NEVER, ever, shoot a 50 cal sniper. A lot of folks think they are Fun. I don't see how, but perhaps it is like eating the hotest salsa you can find-a challenge. Since we are a bit competitive, being dingus swinging guys, there is also that aspect of it. Not REALLY fun, but they pretend it is so as to get brownie points for enjoying pain. Hey, no judgement. We all do it to some degree.

      Delete
  5. Again, this post is gold. Scarce resources will drive a pretty quick distrust of "the other" no matter what that "other" is. Best to pick your spot based upon your conformance the predominant group in the area, because you definitely don't want to be the only strawberry in the fruit salad when the purity spiral begins.

    "Old Testament Cult" - I laughed out loud at that one. Excellent phrase.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For all of you ignoring me, John here has a both hilarious and helpful blog. Just click on his name at the beginning.
      *
      Yeah, it seems all these splinter religions deep in the wilderness ( well, not too deep-the SUV needs access ) ignore the New Testament. I'm not even religious, and the scary part is I agree with them.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the tip on John's blog. I'm over there right now, reading about the dna splicing. I'm gonna be there for awhile. Unfortunately I have other stuff to do. Unfortunately the other stuff will have to wait. lol

      Delete
    3. His site will keep you busy for some time. Enjoy.

      Delete
    4. Hope I didn't get anyone in trouble!!! And thanks, both, for the kind words.

      Delete

COMMENTS HAVE BEEN CLOSED